Starting over after 9 and a half years

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Kacey in Mesa, Arizona

53 months ago

I drove for Swift in 2000 and lasted until 2001. I went through their training program. I was let go due to three preventable accidents, two were backing accidents. I haven't done much since then. I've been working for my dad painting, I've driven cab, and I worked for an AC/Heating delivery company doing non-cdl driving.

I really enjoyed driving, for the most part, and I was wondering if it would be possible to start over by going to another training company like Central Refrigerated Service? My DAC should be cleared of the preventable accidents by now. I am not eligible for rehire at Swift and for the past 5 years I've just been working for room and board.

I honestly believe that what I learned OTR years ago would serve me as I went through a starter school and training program a second time. I drove coast to coast, experienced all traffic and weather, mountain driving, pain in the butt docks, etc. I now know what it is actually like on the road and I know what questions to ask and what things to pay special attention to during training.

Any advice would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Herbert Palkow in Las Vegas, Nevada

51 months ago

Do you still obtain a CDL license?
What does your D. license print out state in re:to accident's.?
There could be a possibility, providing your print out is clean, might hire you as a team driver,with good professional training may be able to correct your errors in backing your vehicle. If you are going to be a professional truck operator you must be able to think and act as a professional, any one can be a truke driver, it does not take any brains for that,however to be a professional truck OPERATOR it takes skill and to show skill it takes brains and a good form of character , this little bit of advice from a TRUCK OPERATOR with fifty two years on the road and still trucking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sdiliev in Tampa, Florida

51 months ago

Kacey in Mesa, Arizona said: I drove for Swift in 2000 and lasted until 2001. I went through their training program. I was let go due to three preventable accidents, two were backing accidents. I haven't done much since then. I've been working for my dad painting, I've driven cab, and I worked for an AC/Heating delivery company doing non-cdl driving.

I really enjoyed driving, for the most part, and I was wondering if it would be possible to start over by going to another training company like Central Refrigerated Service? My DAC should be cleared of the preventable accidents by now. I am not eligible for rehire at Swift and for the past 5 years I've just been working for room and board.

I honestly believe that what I learned OTR years ago would serve me as I went through a starter school and training program a second time. I drove coast to coast, experienced all traffic and weather, mountain driving, pain in the butt docks, etc. I now know what it is actually like on the road and I know what questions to ask and what things to pay special attention to during training.

Any advice would be appreciated.

send me a mail phone number at careers@mytranscorporation.com
or give us a call seven two seven seven seven six five nine nie one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.