cdl a license with a felony conviction in 2003

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 108)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

vivian in Upland, California

94 months ago

me in Fayetteville, Georgia said: Good luck to you. Please post if you have any success. I have a friend in the same position. He made some mistakes, so has 3 convictions on his record. He really wants to drive, or at least move beyond day labor. He's working to complete a GED, then obtain a CDL. But is concerned no one will hire him.

Go to yahoo and type SER Jobs for Progress Inc. provides parolees

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

momcyn08 in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

Has anyone received there CDL back after a DUI prior to the the 1 year disqualification and how did you get it back? - mine was disqualified for one year - is there anybody who got there's back any sooner, or do I have to waith the whole year?

Reply - Report abuse

silchamp in Prague, Oklahoma

94 months ago

pershing in Chesterfield, South Carolina said: I have a little different situation than everyone else on this site. I graduated from a driving school two yrs. ago and was a student driver with Werner for 5 wks. I kept getting trainers who wanted to use me for a doormat and constantly cursed at me for the smallest mistake. After 5 wks. I had enough and took a bus home. Now I have a CDL but no one will will take me on because I did not recently graduate and do not have at least 3-6 months experience. I have a very good driving record and no criminal history at all. I can drive well and my only area that I am rusty on is backing. Does anyone know of a company or owner-operator who will hire me?

Charles

I know the feeling ... did you have any luck???

Reply - Report abuse

Pershing Ranger in Chesterfield, South Carolina

94 months ago

I finally found a company that would take me on with only a two wk. refresher course. I have to pay them $1,495 but much less than the company I was a trainee with for 5 wks. before and I already have my CDL. They, Werner, wanted over $6,000. They can kiss my ass and call me Dixie. The other co. pays me $430 to start as a trainee and bump it up to $450 a wk., after a month.Guess which company I am going with. I will wait until April because I have a job now and don't want to start off driving in the cold. I love the heat. I don't have any felonies or bad driving record. Just did not have much experience and no one would touch me unless they could get a lot or money out of me. Xtra mile is a good truck driving school. Stay away from The Truck Driving Institute. They will take your money, not train you and kick you out of school. They burned me for over $3,000 3 yrs. age. Do not go with these crooks. They will use and abuse you and leave you with nothing.

Chuck

Reply - Report abuse

58zc in Detroit, Michigan

92 months ago

Hello. I have a CDL-A but I really don't want to drive the big trucks right. My driving record is spotless. I have no felonies, and can easily pass any drug test. I'ts hard for me to get a job as a courier or even a shuttle bus driver.I dont get it. Maybe I should move out of Deroit, a city I love.

Reply - Report abuse

Pershing Ranger in Chesterfield, South Carolina

92 months ago

I will be going to CR England for a 2 wk. refresher course and then on the road with a trainer in May. Already have my CDL and some experience. Anyone want to come along and team up from my area? Not sure if I want to drive solo or as a team. It can be a bomber if you get someone you can't get along with. I am an easy going guy and like the wide open country. Thinking I might want to become a trainer after awhile.

Reply - Report abuse

khi in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

i am on a georgias first offenders and was convicted of a felony im on probabation. before the incident i never was in trouble and to this day i have a clean drivers record. i took a charge for my lil brother and now i want to become a truck driver. should i lie on my app. i dont want to do that but im not even sure it would come up as a felony. anyone know a company that will train me

Reply - Report abuse

croney in Highland, New York

90 months ago

I wouldn't bother lying ...its DOT regulations to do a Background check for any commercial driving job...I've been clean 15 yrs...more of a problem now then the day I was released. in 97...been laid off 18months....good luck

Reply - Report abuse

concerned citizen in Saint Louis, Missouri

89 months ago

different MAN in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I'm a 34 year old man with a felony drug conviction 10 years ago. I'm in desperate need of a career change. Has anyone ever heard of a trucking company hiring a convicted felon? I would really love to get some helpfull responses. Tired of the same ole grind....... OVER WORKED & UNDER PAYED.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CR England will hire you if it's over 10 years old.
•Age 21 or above.
•Eligible for employment in the United States.
•Reside in the United States other than the following areas: AK, FL, HI, MT, ND, SD.
•Hold a valid driver's license for 3 years.
•Ability to read and speak English.
•No Felony Convictions in the last 10 years.
•No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years.

Go to their website and apply...crengland.com

Reply - Report abuse

Reality Check in Ringgold, Georgia

88 months ago

Let's be realistic out there people. The reason why the large Trucking Firms will not hire a felon is because of the insurance companies that insure them. The things that the truck drivers carry are worth millions a lot of thr times. Computers,Victoria Secret,Good year tires,cell phones. I would not want a felon to driv my loads like that. Do not get me wrong a lot learn from there mistakes and a lot do not and it is not worth taking that chance with loads like that. Good Luck to u all.

Reply - Report abuse

Reality Check in Ringgold, Georgia

88 months ago

Key Power is 1 of the best schools for Truck Driving you test and hopefully pass to get your CDL before graduation and you have trucking jobs that are calling you because you get refferred out to the trucking companies before you graduate. $3000 for a 3 week course or at least that is what it was 8 years ago. Miami, Fla They are in the phone book

Reply - Report abuse

Subby in Sumter, South Carolina

87 months ago

Pershing Ranger in Chesterfield, South Carolina said: I will be going to CR England for a 2 wk. refresher course and then on the road with a trainer in May. Already have my CDL and some experience. Anyone want to come along and team up from my area? Not sure if I want to drive solo or as a team. It can be a bomber if you get someone you can't get along with. I am an easy going guy and like the wide open country. Thinking I might want to become a trainer after awhile.

yeah i am going to be going to school soon with Sage here in SC drop me a line at subby1044@yahoo.com ask for Bill

Reply - Report abuse

rubeb729 in Dearborn, Michigan

87 months ago

Joel in Kyle, Texas said: I just got my CDL and I have 2 felonies. Where can I get a job? I keep getting turned down. Someone also told me that you can not legally be hired if the felony is less than ten years old. Mine is from 2002. Does anyone have any thoughts? I would appreciate some help. I served in the Marines for 10 years, was shot in Desert Storm. I am a hardworking, dependable person. Grant it I mess up but I served my time and I am not on parole.

Go to www.truckflix.com. you will get a job I'm sure. some companies require only 7 yrs. Call swift or falcon transportation.

Reply - Report abuse

Max in New York, New York

87 months ago

george young in Baltimore, Maryland said: trying to get a driving job, i have a cdl a license with no experience, grauduated driving school. i have a felony conviction where i rec'd probation in 2003. is there anybody that would hire me" i can get bonded if that would help get a job. or should i just lie on the application.

try air conditioning repair and dirty jobs companies no offense like i have 3 accidents and im having a hard time getting work so im looking at dirty job companies since they have a fast turnover being the work is dirty and no one wants it.

Reply - Report abuse

Billy5884 in Columbus, Ohio

87 months ago

test

Reply - Report abuse

Nighthawk in Downers Grove, Illinois

86 months ago

In Illinois, 1 felony conviction can be sealed from the public. Only law enforcement can find out through a fingerprint check but a judge must approve. The wait time to apply is 7 years. More than one felony conviction can only receive a pardon from the Governor lengthy process, need an attorney but not impossible & well worth it! Good Luck!

Reply - Report abuse

Sdiliev in Tampa, Florida

86 months ago

Hey guys I'm looking for drivers /Owner Operators for my company
if interested send me a mail with phone number at careers@mytranscorporation.com
or give us a call seven two seven seven seven six five nine nine one

I need serious people!
Thank you for your time
Drive Safe

Reply - Report abuse

joker42869 in NKC, Missouri

86 months ago

I was convicted of a felony in August 2002, and I have been struggling in life. I currently carry a class B CDL with Tank and air brakes, and I have been having hell trying to find job driving a truck. Back about mid August I contacted CRST Van Expedited be cause they have a driver training facility, and when I talked to the recruiter, I was told to call back in 2 years when I reached my 10 years from the conviction date. Now, I was browsing a web site today that listed CRST and under the recommendations, it stated that felony convictions will be discussed. So does that mean I should call them back and try to talk to a recruiter again, or maybe even one the supervisors there and try to in with them anyway? Does anyone think persistance may over come. And maybe show CRST that I am truely wanting the job? Any help would be nice. I ache to go back in cab of a truck.

Reply - Report abuse

Makaila in Peabody, Massachusetts

85 months ago

eddie carlisle in Senatobia, Mississippi said: look i want to go to truck driving school but I have 5 dui from over 10 yrs. ago and 1 fellony hadn't drank in over 10 yrs. do i have a chance at truck driving my driving record is clean except for over 10 yrs. ago.should i go into another career.

I dont recomend it at all, hubby got in a fight in highschool and can not get hired the fight was in 2004 did not get convicted until 2006 and can not get a job no matter what he does.

Reply - Report abuse

nikita8554 in Kyle, Texas

85 months ago

My husband who has 2 felonies, went to CDL school in december 2008. He filled out over hundred applications over the last 2 years. He never gave up. He drove towtruck while searching for a trucking job but that was a waste of time( very bad pay).But he never quit looking for a job as a CDL driver. Finally 2 month ago someone was willing to give him a chance. The Owner of the company has a felony himself and knows how hard it is to get a job. My husband loves his job and is very thankful for the chance.Since the started working for this small company he already got 4 offers to work for bigger companies. He told them to shove it since they were companies he had filled out and updated his applications for the last 2 years.

I guess there is hope for some people with felonies but unless you have the time and money to wait and look for a job I would not recommend it. The bigger companies either want years of experience or no background or both . If it is your dream to be a trucker than I would say go for it . Just be ready to get the door slammed in your face over and over befor you find someone willing to give you a chance. It was my husbands dream to be an OTR Driver and thank God I have a vey well paying job so we could afford for him not to bring in money for the last 2 years.
I wish you good luck for your future.

Reply - Report abuse

slowlytruckin in Fairview, North Carolina

85 months ago

george young in Baltimore, Maryland said: trying to get a driving job, i have a cdl a license with no experience, grauduated driving school. i have a felony conviction where i rec'd probation in 2003. is there anybody that would hire me" i can get bonded if that would help get a job. or should i just lie on the application.

do not ever lie on an application.... keep your head up and keep on trying to find work yes it would help to get bonded on that conviction. and you might try a company like wiley sanders. or a smaller company maybe evn rhole

Reply - Report abuse

cowalker4@*****.*** in Raleigh, North Carolina

85 months ago

Today, October 22, 2010, 5 hours ago
Anyone hiring inexperienced cdl drivers for someone living in Newport News, VA? I am having a hard time finding a job due to the fact that I was catching a ride home with a person who had marijuanna in the car with them and I was completely unaware of it. In court the person stated I knew nothing about it but i was charged with accessory. Kind of like going to the mall with someone who steals and you have no idea they stole anything but you could be charged also. If o/o or anyone who could give me chance, please email me at cwalker4@yahoo.com.

Reply - Report abuse

kaharold in Huffman, Texas

85 months ago

DimeDiva84 in Carteret, New Jersey said: I think everyone deserves a chance and if you keep going then maybe someone will give you a chance.

I agee

Reply - Report abuse

joe in Winnsboro, Texas

83 months ago

jaskidd in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania said: if yuor conviction is over ten years old you can have it exsunged from your record thru a lawyer. i don't know how much it will cost but, it will remove it!! good luck

it still stays on your record forever , mine is over 10 yrs old and no good company is going to hire you just the ones that under pay and treat there employees like crap . i have had my cdl for 12 years and have yet to find a good driveing job , seems to me like its descimanation , but hey im in texas

Reply - Report abuse

Allen in Rockwall, Texas

82 months ago

27 years ago was convicted of murder, but as a party (in texas you just have to be present) and served ovcer 10 years in prison for it. Im thinking of doing hotshot work in my own truck with a CDL, has anyone else tried this?

Reply - Report abuse

joe in Yantis, Texas

82 months ago

yes i have had my own trucking company 2 years ago and had it for 5 years , i also had hot shot rigs as well as big trucks . its alot of stress and the hardest part was trying to find a company to haul steady for . your felony does not effect you doing that and you do not get asked if you have a felony by the companys you haul for . my advise would be to find some good companys to haul for before you go and spend alot of money on equipment and getting the truck and trailer ready to go . if you have a good connection with some 1 in the oilfield ind. that pays the best , pays very well

Reply - Report abuse

j-rock in Greenville, North Carolina

79 months ago

i dont know how to diver butt can get help get my cdl

Reply - Report abuse

Penny in Pevely, Missouri

78 months ago

jaskidd in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania said: if yuor conviction is over ten years old you can have it exsunged from your record thru a lawyer. i don't know how much it will cost but, it will remove it!! good luck

This depends on which stae you live in... Missouri doesn't expunge conviction records only arrest records.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Champaign, Illinois

77 months ago

I am a recently convicted felon, i would like to re-obtain my CDL but i have heard i have to wait 10 years before i can get it. I need a job and i need money immediately. How do i go about re-obtaining my CDL when i am a recently convicted felon?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

alex5129 in Durham, North Carolina

77 months ago

Felony Conviction in 1993, worked as a driver/supervisor on a military base and did 6 years in the Middle East as a driver/Supervisor. Conviction resulted because former wife got involved with drugs while I was out on the road and moved her drug friends into our home. I attempted to remove our children from the home and was attacked. when the police came, wife and friends lied and said I attacked them, even though she did'nt show up for court I was convicted and placed on probation. All of this started because I refused to haul dope for her and her friends. A lot more to this story, my present wife turned me on to this site, hoping to uplift my spirits. My age, felony and lack of recent experience make it hard to find a job, yet I see undocumented workers in all kind of jobs. Crime looks more lucrative everyday, honesty just is not paying the bills right now.

Reply - Report abuse

bmanzan in Newnan, Georgia

77 months ago

Joel in Kyle, Texas said: I just got my CDL and I have 2 felonies. Where can I get a job? I keep getting turned down. Someone also told me that you can not legally be hired if the felony is less than ten years old. Mine is from 2002. Does anyone have any thoughts? I would appreciate some help. I served in the Marines for 10 years, was shot in Desert Storm. I am a hardworking, dependable person. Grant it I mess up but I served my time and I am not on parole.

true, if has to have been atleast 10yrs old, not 9yrs 11mo has to be "10YRS!!!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Jaden in New Castle, Delaware

76 months ago

eddie carlisle in Senatobia, Mississippi said: look i want to go to truck driving school but I have 5 dui from over 10 yrs. ago and 1 fellony hadn't drank in over 10 yrs. do i have a chance at truck driving my driving record is clean except for over 10 yrs. ago.should i go into another career.

I am the Director of a Delaware truck driving school, and I would definitely recommend finding another career path. Most every company limits DUI's to one in a lifetime. I have seen instances where two or three in a lifetime might be accepted. I have to imaging that five is impossible due to insurance reasons. Good luck with whatever career path you choose to take!

Reply - Report abuse

Demon Brett in Azle, Texas

72 months ago

I just got my CDL licenses and I have been off probation 1 year and its like I wasted the time cause no company will hire me Swift said they would and even bought me a ticket and as I was ready to leave they called said couldn't now I'm still looking for someone to give me a chance everyone makes mistakes in their lives and we try and change and look what we get for trying every door is slammed in our face some people act like they live in glass houses and they have never made a mistake and asked for forgiveness its sad we try and so if any one out there knows of a company that will hire a guy out of Arkansas please let me know if you can help I"m from Nashville Arkansas THANKS

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

robert bowens in Camilla, Georgia

71 months ago

mike in Niceville, Florida said: call super service they might hire you i have a felony in fact 3 and i work for them as we speak

what is super service number i have a felony the georgia first offender act exsponges the felony with the successful completion of the process i took class required by the court i have done community service and paid my fine off. i have 3yrs otr verified experience. or how can i contact u.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Brittany in Killeen, Texas

71 months ago

My child father is 22 years. He has 2 felonies and is unable to get a real job. We have a 4 month old baby and we are saving money so he can go to cdl school. 1 of his feel is first degree forgery and he has a 5 year probation for it and he is a year in and the other felony is criminal attempt and he has only been on that probation for 3 months and he has 5 years on that probation as well. If he does get a job what are his chances of getting a local cdl job in killeen, tx and any ideas on where he should apply? Any and all responses will help. Thankyou

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

allan in Saint Peters, Missouri

70 months ago

go to a truck stop and pick up job books. there out there . call and ask you will find one its the no experience that will hurt you to . driving school should of helped. you may have to take a co you dont like to get exp. keep trying.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Oscar in Kissimmee, Florida

69 months ago

Hi guys,I was arrested for petit theft (shoplifting 15 $ of cloth)then charged with misdemeanor.Charge was dismissed after completing Pre trial diversion program.
Can I get a job from truck companies with this incident! BTW I have clean driving record.
Any little information helps,
thank You

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Hi guys! I was arrested for petit theft (shoplifting back in 2007)value of 15 $ clothes. Charged with misdemeanor,then charge was dismissed after completing the pre trial diversion program.
Can I get a job from truck companies or become a taxi driver with this incident?
Thank You

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Sirccc in Bronx, New York

69 months ago

I don't see why not althought having a theft conviction does fly well with delivery jobs

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Hi guys,I 27 years old single man was arrested for petit theft (shoplifting of 15$ clothes) back in 2007 in state of Florida! Judge charged me misdemeanor B,and it was dismissed after completing the 40 hour community service and 300 $ fine.
I'm very interested to have CDL license and drive truck to make a money.
Do You if my backround will not affect on getting jobs like truck driver or taxi driver in USA?
Thank You

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Sirccc in Bronx, New York said: I don't see why not althought having a theft conviction does fly well with delivery jobs

Do You what companies may hire me?

Reply - Report abuse

CATHY in Passaic, New Jersey

65 months ago

YES I WAS LUCKY MY FRIEND GOT ME A JOB GETTING OUT OF JAIL. I WORK FOR 3 YEARS AND GOT LAID OFF. ITS HARD FOR ME KNOW TO GET A JOB. I HAVE ALL THE QUALIFICATION BUT I AM TURN DOWN. I AM UNABLE TO GET ANY MEDICAL TRAINING OR GRANT TOO. IT VERY HARD OUT THERE. THERE SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF LAWS TO HELP US TO GET A JOB AND GRANTS TO STUDY FOR A CAREER . WE ARE BEING HURT DOUBLE TIME.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

LH in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

I am interested in obtaining my CDL from a local trucking school. BUT, in 1999 I was convicted of possession with intent to deliver a 1/4 pound of marijuana (felony). When I was caught with the marijuana I also had a bulletproof vest on that I bought from the Army and Navy store legally, however, I was charged with “possessing an instrument of crime” (unlawful use of body armor) which is a misdemeanor 1. I had no idea it was illegal to own. I lived in a rough part of Pittsburgh. I served one yr probation (1st offense). This happened over 11 years ago (Sept.2012 would make it 3yrs). I was young and dumb and have not been in any trouble since. I even went to college and received and Associate’s Degree, but cannot find a decent paying job. I have a valid DL and no points. What I really I need to know how is how hard will it be for me to find a job? I talked to the job placement person at the school and they said, "we have people worse off than you that we place." I would like a second, third, even a fourth opinion. Thanks for any insight!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

bree in Mobile, Alabama

65 months ago

how did that ever go for you?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

marshall

64 months ago

actualy depending on where u live u have to get a pardon if convicted of a felony im dealin with that right now in nc and it cost 5k to just start the process

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

P . Son in Haines City, Florida

63 months ago

wasIknow or understand some of what these Guys are going through, I have been there,mater fact Iam still going through it.My case little different Inever commett the crime however I paid the price.Igot myCDL inDEC,2006,went OTR after successfully completed my driving training course at roadmaster,I did 6 months OTR i have endorsement such asHaz/Mat,N-Tank/Passenger.When I came back from OTR.Idrove tanker for 3mhs local.About this against all the adds my wife/friends told me not to go driving Buses,however I went/ended up on the wrong side of law for something i have never done whenever u decided,to follow co,policy,rules/regulations there is always someone who wanted u to do otherwise I was lie up on twice the last one stuck/I Was charge/W bat/agg/deadly weapon I was driving a bus 8 feet w/11 feet6 inch in hight/45 feet in lenght w/ion bumper.There was 2 particular guess on my bus that day one of them started to created problem immedilately.I Teated it very professional,/continued to my next stop,while both of them making alot of noise/loud talking,/shouting trying to insight the passengers on board.Saying things about me,this F/IN Driver dont know what he is doing or where he is going.I continued to ignored them.Icame to my next stop one of them was coming off w/his family,as usually I would stop my bus asked my guess to waited please get outside my /assist those who need help/advised guess to watch their steps coming down.Finally I would say is there any one else,then this guy one of the Trouble maker answered ,just a moment driver I was standing at the door waiting for awhile he didn,t came out Icame in /sat at the wheele waiting.Finally he came up from the back of the bus where he/his friend was talking he was geting off the bus at this point ,when he said driver u know how to make the F/IN Bus brake scream.My reply was thank u have a nice day,he left/ went toward his hotel.A guess outside was waiting on a other bus,/want to know where I was going I took the ti

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

WillIeverBe Able in Snellville, Georgia

63 months ago

Will I ever be able to live down this burglary charge?...... I am in search of a new career as now my old career has changed due to the nature of my crime. I was told that I should obtain my cdls and start from there. Is it possible that I can secure a driving job with a company in the state of Georgia ( Atlanta )with this particular crime?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Bubba in Buffalo, New York

63 months ago

Hi i was charged with a misdormeaner when i was 16 i am now 33 will this hinder me in any way while applying for trucking companys and schools it was a assult charge was the only time ive been charged with somthing

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

amp bryant jax fl

61 months ago

I have a cdl license I went to trucking school in 2004 right after I worked only three weeks for southerncal eagle three weeks before tragedy brung me home I have felonies and I've only driven the east coast I did that for mr robert young a great man that knew of my past so he would allow me to drive for him from time to time now he has passed on and I have another problem felonies and no proof I ever driven I could not even afford to pay to keep my hazmat so all I really have is a cdl and a willpower that's fading makes you think of do what made me got the felony if I was not 44 years old and still had my youth

Reply - Report abuse

Driver5710 in Fort Lee, New Jersey

40 months ago

Yes it is possable!! But hard I know cause I was in the same boat with a felony from 06 that everyone told me NO company would hire me. I got into a tow company driving heavy rig and moved up to a t/t company and right now i make good money I have a great family nice place to live and a career I love!!! So it's possable but most likly you will have to work 10 x harder then everyone around you. And do some of the jobs no one else wants. And deff go for a small company. And do not do not do not lie. Just walk in and tell them up front don't waste ur time and don't waste there's. I would say hello first ask about the position and stuff and if they seem like they r interested just tell them hey I don't wanna waste ur time but I have a felony. Tell them about it and then plead ur case tell them I was young and dumb I'm not that guy anymore (hope u mean it) and go from there but if u lie They will find it federal law requires them to look they have no choice. And if u get in and they find it u just put an obstacle in ur way a big one cause now the next company u have to explain the felony and a y u got canned and they will call to find out y

Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.