driver school drug screen

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (49)

spooky in Montgomery, Alabama

75 months ago

I am scheduled to begin driving school in a couple of weeks. I am a bit concerned with the drug screen procedure. With the job market being as unpredictable as it is, I gave up weed over a year ago. I have heard and read about all kinds of test procedures. Can someone who has recently been there, tell me the "today" method of DOT drug screening? Thanks
Nervous

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (81) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Niceville, Florida

74 months ago

they take it by urine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kangsaint@aol.com in Belleville, Illinois

74 months ago

spooky in Montgomery, Alabama said: I am scheduled to begin driving school in a couple of weeks. I am a bit concerned with the drug screen procedure. With the job market being as unpredictable as it is, I gave up weed over a year ago. I have heard and read about all kinds of test procedures. Can someone who has recently been there, tell me the "today" method of DOT drug screening? Thanks
Nervous

what school u go to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

spooky in Salt Lake City, Utah

74 months ago

crengland

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Big Mike P in Niceville, Florida

74 months ago

WEll that is what is all about to see if u can take it all in. when i went to truck driving school it was the same way but that was back in 2002. not much has changed except the haz mat part now they do back round checks to make sure ur not crazy. but it all fun after u finish the class. the road work is fun too , i was scared at first but it goes away in no time. good luck and hang in there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Big Mike P in Niceville, Florida

74 months ago

they take it by urine company are to cheap to pay for anything more . they try to save money in anyway if u stop smoking weed you should be good

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

spooky in Salt Lake City, Utah

74 months ago

Big Mike P in Niceville, Florida said: WEll that is what is all about to see if u can take it all in. when i went to truck driving school it was the same way but that was back in 2002. not much has changed except the haz mat part now they do back round checks to make sure ur not crazy. but it all fun after u finish the class. the road work is fun too , i was scared at first but it goes away in no time. good luck and hang in there

Thanks Big Mike. Yeah, we owe the has mat background check to 9/11. But it is all good. I am here in Burns harbor today. A big snowstorm came last night. Things are a wash today. All the guys due to take the CDL road test are getting backed up because of the storm. All we can do is hang in there. Good to know that everything worked out for you. Watch for me. I am tracking you and those who came before. Stay up and good luck
Spooky.

P.S I am not in Salt lake...but Indiana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

darrellwright in Dayton, Ohio

73 months ago

spooky in Montgomery, Alabama said: I am scheduled to begin driving school in a couple of weeks. I am a bit concerned with the drug screen procedure. With the job market being as unpredictable as it is, I gave up weed over a year ago. I have heard and read about all kinds of test procedures. Can someone who has recently been there, tell me the "today" method of DOT drug screening? Thanks
Nervous
listen son if you havent smoked n a year ur fine.youll take a 9 or 11 screen.they test 4 weed,opiates,speed.coke.pain killers any narcotic&lets not 4getbooze.i hope this helps u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

spooky in Memphis, Tennessee

73 months ago

Thanks Darrel...good looking out. I am ok now. I never did learn the booze thing...my father did that for the whole family
spooky

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

patoalfa in Daly City, California

73 months ago

Nervous

dont worry about it weed only stays on on your system for about 3-4 months.most trucking Co. will do a urine test.and u said you stop smoking weed a year ago.and you are not using anything else, you will be allright.congratulations for quitting that crap. i myself quit smoking a while back, keep it up Bro, is not worth doing any type of drugs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

spooky in Memphis, Tennessee

73 months ago

You are right...the cost is way too high...stay up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

markk in Wichita, Kansas

71 months ago

Nervous

Been there. Took several since I was the long hair in the class.
I have taken lots of tests. Not to worry , drug tests are just urine. Weed will not show up after a month or so. Even then weed reads on a scale.
Hair tests are not used by many companies. they are very expensive.
Even if your dirty you can have some one else pee for you and put it in a rubber and put a hand warmer around it in your pants. They do not watch you pee.
Just took another dot pee today.

If you are worried you can always go to walgreens and buy a 29.00 test and make sure first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

NIS1 in Highland, California

58 months ago

markk in Wichita, Kansas said: Been there. Took several since I was the long hair in the class.
I have taken lots of tests. Not to worry , drug tests are just urine. Weed will not show up after a month or so. Even then weed reads on a scale.
Hair tests are not used by many companies. they are very expensive.
Even if your dirty you can have some one else pee for you and put it in a rubber and put a hand warmer around it in your pants. They do not watch you pee.
Just took another dot pee today.

If you are worried you can always go to walgreens and buy a 29.00 test and make sure first.

ARE YOU SURE THEY DONT WATCH YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

markk in Wichita, Kansas

58 months ago

I am sure . To a point . I have taken 11 tests in the last 1 1/2 years by the same employer that just thinks anyone with long hair is a drug addict . ( note that he is the same guy that keeps having to fire others for not passing their tests , that are clean cut . ) Go figure ?

Keep in mind that you have about a week to go take the test sometimes more or less. The test is to be taken while you are on duty . If you have an employer like mine then you are getting no warning at all. He holds on to the test until the last day and then hands it to you so you are not going to be able to do any manipulating of it . How ever that is most likely not the case with most employers. But you always have that risk of the DOT stopping you and having you take one .

Of coarse if you are suspect for doing such a thing , which by the way I do not recommend , you may just get watched but I am guessing that as long as you did not sign any waiver allowing such an invasion of privacy that it would be quite illegal.

Personally I think that what you do at home is your own business . But I would not want to be driving down the same road as someone who was high or drunk. Best thing to do is stay away from this stuff all together or at least until such time as a test that actually works can be developed . that way you do not have to worry about being fired for something you did last week or last month.

Point is : Don't do anything that you have to worry about and you will have no problem taking the test .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

markk in Wichita, Kansas

58 months ago

I just wanted to ad something to the question of truck driving schools and drug tests . Are they watching you ?

If you smoke a little pot then you are subject to get caught in a test.
If you plan on getting a CDL then you need to show a little self control . If you can not refrain from doing it long enough to be able to pass your test and get into school then you can not be trusted to refrain yourself after going to work . You would most likely be hopping in that truck stoned. In which case you have NO business with a CDL.

As far as them watching you pee. Well these schools are a business and they could care less about your rights . they have your money and would be tickled pink if they could toss you out and keep your cash.
these are the same kind of people that do not mind breaking the law as long as they can catch someone breaking the law .

Again I will tell you my opinion . If you get in that truck high or hung over and are a threat to others then not only should you lose your CDL you should be tossed in prison .

Clean up or stay out of the business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

NiS1 in Highland, California

58 months ago

Well The Reason I asked is because I stopped Smoking but will not be clean in time for the school start date. I Called Regarding truck driving school and 4 days later they say come start on Monday.I guess I'll try pushing my school date further ahead so I will be clean for sure. and no I don't plan on getting in a truck and on the road stoned or drunk in any manner. Hope CR Enland Is An okay company to work for though cause I heard a lot of bad stuff about them along with some good.. What Does Any one know about them, or how good one school is compared to the other cause I just want to go to a fair and decent place and not get screwed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

markk in Wichita, Kansas

58 months ago

I have heard bad things about them as far as this lease a truck go to our school thing goes . Any bad stuff as far as driving for them is probably just the same things you would encounter anywhere . happy and mad drivers .Now about school. CR wants you to pay for their school . This would be a normal thing as long as you get the job. times are tough right now . Since the economy went south lots of Co. have been doing this school ,lease a truck with no experience stuff . This smells of scam. CR is doing one other thing that stinks of hard times scam . they want new drivers ( cdl but no otr experience )to pay them almost 1 k for some training and then if you pass you get a job . Well I do not have to tell you that paying to get a job is just like paying to get a prize you won . SCAM.
A lot of companies have started doing this since last year. I would check this out closely to make sure that you will get a job and not one like I heard they were giving out . What I found out was that they give you a job . you lease a truck to get it . WHY must you lease a truck to get a job ? this is a scam . You lease , you owe . They give you just enough work to make the payments ( because they do not really need a driver they need to pay for the trucks they have that they have no loads for ) so you starve while making little and end up losing your home etc. Then when you get enough of it paid off after a year or so they cut you down t9o almost nothing until you are forced to quit and go else where. You now owe them the rest on the truck and maybe for the training since you quit on them .
that is what i heard is happening to people that do this lease to get a job thing . Sounds reasonable to me .
Search CR England scam reports or similar search term and do some reading . Look in the paper and notice all the companies that are doing this now that the economy went to crap .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

markk in Wichita, Kansas

58 months ago

take a look here : squidoo (dot com)/crenglandtrucking . had to put in the dot com since i think they will not allow a web address here . This is the same stories i heard from drivers . Keep in mind that forced truck leasing for a job is a scam.
Look around . There are lots of companies that offer training . but with the economy like it is and so many pro drivers out of work I just do not see any companies really hiring noobies.
also make damn sure you pass that piss test . If you do not that will be on your record . You do not want that . After driving for 10 years or so it will be no real big deal . but on a new driver it would be a employment killer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ace in Bronx, New York

58 months ago

so cr england doesnt take hair for there drug test right? because i know jb hunt does.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

markk in Wichita, Kansas

58 months ago

don't know in that case. I have never heard of such a thing happening at a truck company but i suppose it is possible . very expensive test . If i were you I would check around and find out . Just ask them . Call them up and just act like you know nothing about it and ask them what this drug test thing is and how it is done . they will tell you .
There are a lot of truck forums . go and ask some drivers that drive for them . They will tell you .
hair test goes back 3 months .

markk in Wichita, Kansas

58 months ago

try a different company . maybe PAM Transportation . Lots of driving schools and companies that offer training .

ace in Bronx, New York

58 months ago

thanks mark ill do that when i speak to a recruter. I have experance i just dont want to be off gurd. i dont smoke like that so ill be ready when i go for the urine but not the hair. and jb hunt took hair and urine.

ace in Bronx, New York

58 months ago

i will be goin in the next four weeks hopefully, the last time i smoked was today but i should be ok in four weeks right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

markk in Wichita, Kansas

58 months ago

JB must be mighty picky . They do have a shampoo that fixes that but you have to know within 2 hours of when you are going to take the test for it to work .
still i would be skeptical of any company that is doing the lease thing . That is a scam . There are not any jobs for new guys out there right now i would not think. Everyone I talked to told me that it was a scam .
i would go with a company that does not require the lease. I was going to put in an app with CR but after looking on website I noticed that they wanted me to pay them for a job . for some OTR training . But then if you do not get the job that money is gone . I am not paying for a job they are supposed to pay me.
this summer there should be a lot of work driving end dumps . good place to start if no otr jobs around . go home every night and get paid good sometimes . Unless you live where I do and winter hits . only work a few months out of the year .

ace in Bronx, New York

58 months ago

THANKS MARKK..... THATS HOW IT WORKS FOR THESE COMPANYS THATS HOW THEY DO THERE LEASE..... Y DONT U APPLY FOR COMPANY JUST START FROM THE BOTTOM. THATS WHAT IMA DO.

dada in Phoenix, Arizona

58 months ago

So, to be direct and to the point, do truck driving schools drug test?

mark in Wichita, Kansas

58 months ago

yes they do. and if you pay a school and you get a bad test , you lose your money . you also lose your moneyt after about the first 3 days , I think it was , of being there if you quit or get kicked out for any reason .
so make sure you pass your driving test. and drug test .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Redondo Beach, California

57 months ago

I wasnt worried about the drug test but I was just about to start the CR England school in Mira Loma. That was until I read the thousands of complaints. I am really glad I didnt do it. Now they are calling me all the time saying the next class is about to start. I am getting any job I can get around where I live and in the mean time study the CDL book until I know everything I need to know. Then I am going to use an owner operator friend of mines truck to do the test. Then I am going to sit on my license until I have studied the biz as much as I can. My friend is going to give me miles as a second seat and help get back on the horse since I drove a 40ft flatbed in the Army. I personally glad I didnt go the CR England route. If anything all you new guys should do your research on schools and work a regular job while you go to the trucking school. Watch your ass before you throw all in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MP

57 months ago

Brian in Redondo Beach, California said: I wasnt worried about the drug test but I was just about to start the CR England school in Mira Loma. That was until I read the thousands of complaints. I am really glad I didnt do it. Now they are calling me all the time saying the next class is about to start. I am getting any job I can get around where I live and in the mean time study the CDL book until I know everything I need to know. Then I am going to use an owner operator friend of mines truck to do the test. Then I am going to sit on my license until I have studied the biz as much as I can. My friend is going to give me miles as a second seat and help get back on the horse since I drove a 40ft flatbed in the Army. I personally glad I didnt go the CR England route. If anything all you new guys should do your research on schools and work a regular job while you go to the trucking school. Watch your ass before you throw all in.

A great online site to study (better than the DMV book) is cristcdltest.com , it is FREE you Do Not have to sign in just pick from left side of screen and pick the test you want to take, after you submit your answers it will give your score and let you know which questions you got incorrect. I wish that I would of know of this site before going to take my written tests (at DMV)for Gen'l Knowledge and Combination. I used this site before I took my HazMat and Tanker written test and only got 1 wrong on each test and passed on the 1st try. Good Luck

Brian in Redondo Beach, California

57 months ago

Thanks, I saved this message and I will use the site you refered. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nonametrucker in Glenwood, Arkansas

47 months ago

about this lease thing you all are talking about. you are not just leaseing the truck but you are buying it. its always better to buy a truck then drive some one elses truck just think about it, its going to be your truck. of course you have to make payments on it. but any way where ever you go you will hear mostly bad things about every trucking company. its what ever you make of the job! any way good luck on ya'lls career!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ted in San Francisco, California

46 months ago

I just stop smokeing weed Monday and I start school monday..do they give u the piss test the first day.I buy a bottle of test clean and It only work 4 five hours.need some inside help

markk in Wichita, Kansas

46 months ago

Ted in San Francisco . you may be in for a bit of a problem . They will give you one but when is the question of the day . It will most likely be in the first two days . I am betting on the first . how ever you should know that if you fail you are out and lose your money on top of that . I would guess that all schools have the same type contract .the one I went to would not return the money if you did something to get kicked out or quit after a few days . Get some clean urine every day from someone and keep it in a rubber under your sac and wear tight underwear like the bikini type . Urine only needs to be between 91 to 97 degrees . Check it in advance to make sure you have it down right before doing it .

Most important thing is STOP SMOKING ! Sure it is fun and all and should not matter what you do on your time but if you fail a drug test it is going to follow you the rest of your life on your DAC .
If you fail one within your first 10 years of driving I would bet you do not ever drive again except for maybe a small company that only owns a truck or two and does not check DAC reports .

Be safe and put off school until next term opens .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jessecat in Zanesville, Ohio

43 months ago

I stopped smoking 3 weeks ago and only smoked once in a while before that. I just need to know if they are definitely gonna do the hair test or not? thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

markk in Wichita, Kansas

43 months ago

no hair test . Fed law requires the standard urine test. Hair costs too much any way.

another point in case you are planning on going to a non trucking company school , don't . Scam scam scam . If you must go to a school go to cr england or someone like that. you will be far more likely to be employed . Then maybe you will like it after the first few months of crap pay that is about 250 a week if your lucky . But schools are just out for the bucks and their are no jobs for newbies. No way to get an OTR unless you go with the company school . But OTR pays crap these days .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

big man in Greensboro, North Carolina

41 months ago

do they watch u piss

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

big man in Greensboro, North Carolina

41 months ago

do dot watch u piss

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

markk in Satellite Provider

41 months ago

No . usual thing . Empty pockets take off hat , wash hands , do not flush toilet or turn on water

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Big man in Washington, District of Columbia

41 months ago

I stop smoke weed 25 days ago I have a test in 15 days Im 400 pound do u thank I will pass

tom dotss in Vicksburg, Mississippi

29 months ago

Does Cr england drug test with hair or urine?How is the starting pay at CR England & WHEN does pay start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marcus in Wichita, Kansas

29 months ago

No one uses a hair test as far as I know it is too costly. to get starting pay just go to the website and look in the driver section under inexperienced . I think you will find it to be very bad like all others . maybe take home a hundred a week for a few months .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mz Peachez in Vidalia, Georgia

22 months ago

J.B. HUNT TRANSPORT does take hair!! But thanks for the England info!!

Mz Peachez in Vidalia, Georgia

19 months ago

If you fail a drug test at a school it is still a DOT regulated drug screen and it will show up if you fail it.

cutt in Clarksburg, West Virginia

14 months ago

OK as of 10/22/2013 i have personally spoke with recruiters myself and they said to me " We administer a urine drug screening AND a hair follicle test that goes back 12 months" Now as far as how long the hair test really goes back i am not sure as i have not searched into it. BUT they do both testings at ALL C.R England schools!

mark in Wichita, Kansas

14 months ago

hair test can go back a long time . yes a year . How ever most tests are for about a 1 to 3 month period depending on the state you are in . About 1 1/2 inches from the root is needed to go back 90 days . they can use body hair if you do not have head hair but as you can see a 1 1/2 inch strand is not going to happen unless you are real hairy .

todd in Augusta, Georgia

6 months ago

So I haven't smoked in a two weeks. I leave for CR England on 6/9/14 what are my chances of passing the drug test.

David

6 months ago

Big Mike P in Niceville, Florida said: they take it by urine company are to cheap to pay for anything more . they try to save money in anyway if u stop smoking weed you should be good

I applied for CR England trucking school and Steve the recruiter just called me told me they take hair samples and I told him I hadn't smoked in 9 months and he told me I had to wait 3 months to
apply..

PapaJed in Van Alstyne, Texas

4 months ago

Nervous

so why do the recruiters for cr england say that on the phn during the over the phn interview....Is that some kinda scare tactic? cause i know it doent excite anyone about makin a commitment

PapaJed in Van Alstyne, Texas

4 months ago

so as of today..what does cr england do for drug test for new students..urine or hair..cause im trippin

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.