felony and retraining

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

brenda stanley

82 months ago

had a felony in 2004 alls well for me in that aspect except its hard enough to get a job now in trucking and now i need retrained who will put me in a training truck noone wants to bother

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joyce in Pensacola, Florida

81 months ago

I was convicted of marijuana possession, it was less than 20 grams, but was within 2000 feet of a church, so it was a felony. I am disabled but need to work part time. I want to get a legitimate work at home job, but most require background checks... any suggestions?? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bobby in Bay City, Michigan

76 months ago

I was wondering if you could work as an electrician with a felony on your record? Or if places are going to want to hire a felon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Autumn in Houston, Texas

75 months ago

I was convicted of 2 felonies in 2006 and havent been in trouble since. Where are some jobs thats will hire?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

reginald murray job page in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

i'm a ex con and want another chance too drive....where do i go and who do i talk too in atlanta ga

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

BuB in Spring, Texas

71 months ago

Autumn in Houston, Texas said: I was convicted of 2 felonies in 2006 and haven't been in trouble since. Where are some jobs that's will hire?

What,s up everybody!!! It,s BUB! Getting or finding a job is very very easy. It,s all about vigorously pursuing/applying at all the jobs you think you qualify for. You see you simply have to do it, because 98% of people looking for a job. " DON'T LOOK!! " Trust Me.
So if you get on your grind for real. the Sky's the limit! You are part of the 2% of society that actually do something. JUST DO IT. the employer will be happy to see you because you are the only-one they've seen all day. ddmarcus1974@.yahoo.com for any other questions you may have. I'll be more then happy to give you and anyone else the Light to any temporary dark situation. Get out there and purse your dreams! employers need you more then you need them.Why? Because if you do nothing you, you will be o.k. but companies need to be more than O.K O.K isn't good enough for the companies striving to be the best. Just get up and do it. I can go on and on about this but, I think you got the message. GET UP AND DO IT! GO GET A JOB. START with small companies first. Don't think about it, just do it. 9 times out of 10, you will be the only person who has applied. Don'T worry or get depressed. You will be just fine. don't keep these companies waiting, that's mean. Please help them by applying. And you help yourself in the process. You don't even need good luck. My apology for any misspelled words.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

somanytries in Oak Grove, Kentucky

69 months ago

Hello, I earned a felony charge in April 2005, I dont run from my past, I learn from it. I was a driver for about 4yrs, and a trainer for 1.5yrs, out of the 4. I stopped driving to watch and help my teenage kids grow up, and point them in the right direction. I got off the road in Aug 2000, have not drove big truck since then. I REALLY MESSED UP, in 2005 I needed quick money, I been working for the same place since 2000, I was afraid that I was going to loose my job, I had at the time, but my boss looked at me as a person who had made a mistake, not as a piece of garbage. The only other knowledge I have is to drive OTR. Now here it is 2009, the company I work for is slowing going under, cutting payroll, instead of jobs, well its starting to take its toll, i was busted with pot, borderline misdemener/felony, I was put into a deversion program, and paid alot of money, to stay out of jail, my felony charge falls off my record in 2011, I really cant wait till then, I have the knowledge to drive, I have the skills, does anyone out there know of any trucking company that will give people a second chance, I am so at the bottom of the barrel right now, I been looking and contacting companies for 3 weeks straight, out of maybe 100, only 4 replied back and said I am not the right material, for there company...PLEASE if anyone can help please feel free to..I thank you for your time for reading this long letter...you can contact me at somanytries@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

eugene mccleveland in Mesquite, Texas

67 months ago

i,m looking for a drivers job in tx . have a ower operator whom will let driverhis truck if ican get hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

love1nall in Columbus, Ohio

66 months ago

I just went there on the site for Blue Moutain Express Trucking Company and it specifically states, must have no felonys. There's no way they are going to give someone a chance with a statement typed in bold letters like that. My husbands situation happend in 2001.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ibuola Gaffar Adebayo in Doha, Qatar

66 months ago

I am a trailer driver, and i heve over 10yr exprience in trailer driving, and i we happy if my applcatoin we consded wiht [Blue Moutain company] in one of ther branch ofice thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

a in Columbus, Ohio

64 months ago

My husband has a felony for child support. He has class b cdl. No one will hire him to drive their trucks or buses. Please can some please give him a chance. People deserve a second chance in life. This felony is 10 years old. His is a very good driver and he has the experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

aaron in Maywood, Missouri

58 months ago

Autumn in Houston, Texas said: I was convicted of 2 felonies in 2006 and havent been in trouble since. Where are some jobs thats will hire?

i also was convicted of a drug felony in 2006 my state funding will pay for all of trucking driving school, which i am all approved for but they want me to get a letter from a school or trucking company with my name on it stating that i am hireable with my conviction, that is all i need to start school where can i find a company that wiil type me a letter stating this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

darrin green in victoria, Virginia

58 months ago

by veiwing my personal past of felony convictions and the way trucking companies veiw us by yesteryears events.the trucking industry will adhere it;s qualifications soon.they won't have drivers.who but a trucking company would entertain the thought of a past covicted felon stealing a truck.people with past felonies have way more too loose than what's on the back of a truck.Our freedom is way more inportant to us than trucking companies,who need drivers.Someone trully needs to wake up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

charles in Grenada, Mississippi

57 months ago

try ptl truck lines or melton trucking or universal an-can or melton but melton it has to be 10 years the others are 5-7 years goog luck dont give up i am in the same boat with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tony in Brick, New Jersey

57 months ago

going crazy looking for work as a tractor trailer driver,no one wants to hire me because i have felonies,people do change,my felony was back in 1993 for robbery i learned from that,i am a changed man now hard worker can some out there help me?if you can you can contact me here .tampa4790@aim.com. thank you very much for your time and concern.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

james39 in Vancouver, Washington

54 months ago

i am in the very same up hill battle.have 10yrs of tractor trailer exp.got out of prison 1-18-09 after 20 months down. and my efforts and exp dont seem to mean anything at this time to a trucking company, i thought we all done our time right? my heart goes out to every one of you.

dragons92672 in Griffin, Georgia

51 months ago

I have been off the road for about 3 years but I do drive a vac-con at work that requires a cdl-b I have cdl-a and I would love to go back over the road but no one will touch me due to the time that I have been off the road. Tried looking for the small companies but no luck finding them. I live in griffin, ga. 30 minutes south of atlanta. If anyone knows of any kind of trucking over the road please leave me a call back or message at dragons92672@comcast.net.

Mr.Taylor@live.com in Dayton, Ohio

48 months ago

I am looking for a way to pay for CDL trainig but cant find grant,
and not eleigble for finacial loans.Does any body know better suggestion or route to take.

BIGRIGGIN in Bronx, New York

46 months ago

Mr.Taylor@live.com in Dayton, Ohio said: I am looking for a way to pay for CDL trainig but cant find grant,
and not eleigble for finacial loans.Does any body know better suggestion or route to take.

If you have a clean mvr & criminal history just take the written test for your cdl class A @ the dmv (about $10 a test, 3 tests) once you get your cdl A permit start filling out apps online.. most otr companies will pay for your training up front in exchange for a 1 year contract with them.. you will have to work with them for that year and pay them back weekly out of your check after a year you have 1 year driving experiance and payed off your debt..simple. not easy!!!

tireme65 in Princeton, Missouri

42 months ago

i have a mo permit but hav over 20 yrs of exp drining in 42 states im 45 and hav only 3 tickets in my whole driving time.one for following to close in 2008 i think and a 225 over on weight and a failure to show log book way back when who will hire me and help me finish getting my cdl will work for any one and i have felonies on my record but still hav fam to feed and billl to pay

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.