What is on your DAC report

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Billy in Johnstown, Ohio

61 months ago

I would suggest to all drivers to get a copy of there DAC report just to see what is on there. You are entitled to a free copy of your DAC report once every 12 months. You can see what is on there an try to correct any errors on there. Try this website smart-trucking-jobs.com/dacreport.html to find out what a DAC report is and how to get yours free. And how to file a complaint for false or incorrect information on your DAC report. Hope this info is useful while you are at this site be sure to check out the other pages for more useful information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

DON in Westland, Michigan

60 months ago

I failed a drug test in nivember 08. Will anyone ever hire me,or should I go back to school and move on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

Billy

60 months ago

Drug and alcohol information remain on your DAC for Three Years. Try this web site smart-trucking-jobs.com/dacreport.html for more info on What a DAC Report is, How to get Free DAC Report and Do it yourself DAC Repair.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Don in Westland, Michigan

60 months ago

I went to CDL school in livonia,MI. They were on the local news about recent students say they are not training students up to par. NU-WAY is the school,since I went there myself I was not surprised. When I graduated I felt very unprepared for the real world of truck driving,and when I got into a trainer truck I was pretty dissatisfied about the program. In the course I only spent about 2 or 3 hours behind the wheel,and then started thinking this is a big waste of money,thats all they care about is taking your money,when I was driving in school I never even backed into a dock until I went for my CDL test. They also said they are approving personal loans to people saying that when they graduate the company they drive for will pay the loans. These are some of the reasons why drivers have difficulty at first,because I learned real quick that every situation will be a challenge until you drive for a while. Some opinions please.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

christopherbarnes30 in Lawton, Michigan

58 months ago

Is there a phone # for dac services?Why is it so hard to contact them?WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

looking 4 an honest company in Middlebury, Indiana

58 months ago

I'am sick of this DAC report, when companies request this report it NEVER includes what your previous employer withheld/lied about when they hired you. I.E.: not being paid for deadhead miles, what their definition of a full weekend off is, and the list goes on. When recruiters look at this report they should also ask DAC how many drivers have worked for this company and how many drivers quit and why.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

livewire in Odenville, Alabama

57 months ago

I cannot get a job at all because of my work history and this DAC report nonsense! I had a strong work history before I started driving but thanks to MY DAC REPORT and the way companies use it to there advantage is really SORRY!!! IF RECRUITERS wouldnt have lied to me at EVERY company I would have a good work history! I love driving and I cant blame anyone but myself for my mistakes but DAC reports have really caused a major problem for me!! I havent had any wrecks,I havent failed any drug tests but I still cant get a job because I made some people made because I quit under a load,come on!!! Well,quit under a load or get charged for giong home without a load!! EITHER WAY,its a sad deal for drivers!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

livewire in Odenville, Alabama

57 months ago

Don in Westland, Michigan said: I went to CDL school in livonia,MI. They were on the local news about recent students say they are not training students up to par. NU-WAY is the school,since I went there myself I was not surprised. When I graduated I felt very unprepared for the real world of truck driving,and when I got into a trainer truck I was pretty dissatisfied about the program. In the course I only spent about 2 or 3 hours behind the wheel,and then started thinking this is a big waste of money,thats all they care about is taking your money,when I was driving in school I never even backed into a dock until I went for my CDL test. They also said they are approving personal loans to people saying that when they graduate the company they drive for will pay the loans. These are some of the reasons why drivers have difficulty at first,because I learned real quick that every situation will be a challenge until you drive for a while. Some opinions please.

I agreeeee!! I went to a school very similar!I did OK because I had some driving experience before I went,My dad was a truck driver for 20 years and he was killed because of faulty equipment at a very YELLOW company!!!ANYWAY,these schools are a JOKE,DAC reports are a JOKE and so are these companies that hire little kids for dispatchers that can destroy your DAC report with one key stoke on there computer!! ITS SAD BROTHER!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don

57 months ago

I have come to the realization that truck driving is a short career for most people. especially when you first start out with these larger,no good over the road companies. What I experienced my first year is unbelievable. I have talked to alot of drivers that wre in there first 1 or 2 years of driving, and most of them are looking for a way out. There were some weeks when I made more money as a student than when I was on my own. One of the things I hated was that I cant make a penny for my first 2 hours bumped into a dock,that is doing my job,If you add up how much time that is over 3 months,its sickining. Another one is straight line mileage pay,highways dont go straight. Add up those extra miles over 30 60 days,sad. I also keep hearing about DAC reports screwing up drivers oppurtunity to persue a decent driving career,becauase there dispathcers that get off on scrathing peoples DAC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don

57 months ago

livewire in Odenville, Alabama said: I agreeeee!! I went to a school very similar!I did OK because I had some driving experience before I went,My dad was a truck driver for 20 years and he was killed because of faulty equipment at a very YELLOW company!!!ANYWAY,these schools are a JOKE,DAC reports are a JOKE and so are these companies that hire little kids for dispatchers that can destroy your DAC report with one key stoke on there computer!! ITS SAD BROTHER!!!!

I also was put in faulty equipment,almost bad enough to report them to the federal safety commission,cracked cylinder head laeked a gallon of coolant -----per day----. that truck should not even been assigned to a driver.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Don

57 months ago

I drove for 14 months for over the road companies,I only made 22,000. Had to go do somthing else,making same money and have more of a life instead of living in a truck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

BRIAN in Ypsilanti, Michigan

56 months ago

HELL FALCON TRANSPORT PUT SOMETHING BAD ON MINE. I GOT FIRED FOR BEING AT MY DADS DEATH BED AND ATTENDING MY DADS FUNERAL. NOW I CANT GET A JOB. CR ENGLAND WAS GOING TO HIRE ME BUT I FOUND OUT FALCON SAID SOMETHING BAD ON MY DAC. I AM REALLY PISSED OFF. IM TRYING TO GET FALCON TO CHANGE IT. IF THEY DONT IM GOING TO SUE THE HELL OUT OF THEM.FALCON TRANSPORT CAN SUCK MY A$$.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

BRIAN in Ypsilanti, Michigan

56 months ago

Don in Westland, Michigan said: I went to CDL school in livonia,MI. They were on the local news about recent students say they are not training students up to par. NU-WAY is the school,since I went there myself I was not surprised. When I graduated I felt very unprepared for the real world of truck driving,and when I got into a trainer truck I was pretty dissatisfied about the program. In the course I only spent about 2 or 3 hours behind the wheel,and then started thinking this is a big waste of money,thats all they care about is taking your money,when I was driving in school I never even backed into a dock until I went for my CDL test. They also said they are approving personal loans to people saying that when they graduate the company they drive for will pay the loans. These are some of the reasons why drivers have difficulty at first,because I learned real quick that every situation will be a challenge until you drive for a while. Some opinions please.

hey suburban truck driving school was bad also i learn more over the road as i go

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

BRIAN in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: HELL FALCON TRANSPORT PUT SOMETHING BAD ON MINE. I GOT FIRED FOR BEING AT MY DADS DEATH BED AND ATTENDING MY DADS FUNERAL. NOW I CANT GET A JOB. CR ENGLAND WAS GOING TO HIRE ME BUT I FOUND OUT FALCON SAID SOMETHING BAD ON MY DAC. I AM REALLY PISSED OFF. IM TRYING TO GET FALCON TO CHANGE IT. IF THEY DONT IM GOING TO SUE THE HELL OUT OF THEM.FALCON TRANSPORT CAN SUCK MY A$$.

I personnally think that DAC reports are set up to keep new blood in the over the road industry. Have you noticed that most over the road companies dont even offer health insurance for 90 days. Thats because they want you to make tons of money for them before you can go to the doctor with insurance. I keep hearing drivers complaining about DAC,and it seems to halter there careers or sometimes cant get a job. I think they should set up dispatcher DAC,HA,HA,HA. And now we can filter out dispatchers that dont have a clue about what goes on out there. There are dispatchers that get off on screwing up peoples DAC.

56 months ago

livewire in Odenville, Alabama said: I cannot get a job at all because of my work history and this DAC report nonsense! I had a strong work history before I started driving but thanks to MY DAC REPORT and the way companies use it to there advantage is really SORRY!!! IF RECRUITERS wouldnt have lied to me at EVERY company I would have a good work history! I love driving and I cant blame anyone but myself for my mistakes but DAC reports have really caused a major problem for me!! I havent had any wrecks,I havent failed any drug tests but I still cant get a job because I made some people made because I quit under a load,come on!!! Well,quit under a load or get charged for giong home without a load!! EITHER WAY,its a sad deal for drivers!!!!!

I think ---all--- dispatchers should be former drivers,so they have more respect for what drivers deal with and have more patience when it comes to things that drivers deal with to get the job done,traffic,weather,directions,hours of service,and so on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

BRIAN in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: HELL FALCON TRANSPORT PUT SOMETHING BAD ON MINE. I GOT FIRED FOR BEING AT MY DADS DEATH BED AND ATTENDING MY DADS FUNERAL. NOW I CANT GET A JOB. CR ENGLAND WAS GOING TO HIRE ME BUT I FOUND OUT FALCON SAID SOMETHING BAD ON MY DAC. I AM REALLY PISSED OFF. IM TRYING TO GET FALCON TO CHANGE IT. IF THEY DONT IM GOING TO SUE THE HELL OUT OF THEM.FALCON TRANSPORT CAN SUCK MY A$$.

I would rather talk to the dispatcher face to face. And then see what he has to say when you ask him what makes him think hes better than you. If you actually got fired for that reason,It sounds like he might be taken his personnal life out on the drivers. I would rather deal with the dispatcher,just because dispatchers think there better than drivers. Take --him-- to court and get your DAC fixed. You should find out if it was an executive decision,if it was,I would sue them till theres no tomorrow. GOOD LUCK!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Darren in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

55 months ago

I have been out of trucking for 5+ years, and am trying to get back into it.I keep running into a wall of "you have no recent experience in the last 3 years,and our insurance won't cover you".Then it varies extremely how much "recent experience" they want.I have approximately 4 years past experience.Is this legitimate what they're saying,or is it they're way of cheaping out on insurance?My MVR is excelent.Now I'm thinking I need to check my DAC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

ron in Manchester, Pennsylvania

55 months ago

looking 4 an honest company in Middlebury, Indiana said: I'am sick of this DAC report, when companies request this report it NEVER includes what your previous employer withheld/lied about when they hired you. I.E.: not being paid for deadhead miles, what their definition of a full weekend off is, and the list goes on. When recruiters look at this report they should also ask DAC how many drivers have worked for this company and how many drivers quit and why.

i agree trucking cos. are getting away with alot of unfair labor practices and nothing is done about it

Rick Floyd in Parkville, Maryland

55 months ago

Billy said: Drug and alcohol information remain on your DAC for Three Years. Try this web site smart-trucking-jobs.com/dacreport.html for more info on What a DAC Report is, How to get Free DAC Report and Do it yourself DAC Repair.

I would like to know if this true. Why do they have these classes that you can attend to be able to get the safety sensitive papers required by DOT if this is going to be on your DAC report for three years.

ex-trucker in Columbus, Ohio

54 months ago

So if I failed a pre employment drug test a little over 3 years ago, can I check the "no" box on the question where they ask if you've ever refused or failed a drug test? Would the company find out anyway?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

darius white in Stockton, California

54 months ago

i have my cdl lic.but i dont have enough road time my driving record is clean

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

darius white in Stockton, California

54 months ago

I have my cdl lic.but i need road time.my record is clean

vern edwards in Auburndale, Florida

54 months ago

need my report dac

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vernon R, Jones in Kansas City, Kansas

54 months ago

Billy in Johnstown, Ohio said: I would suggest to all drivers to get a copy of there DAC report just to see what is on there. You are entitled to a free copy of your DAC report once every 12 months. You can see what is on there an try to correct any errors on there. Try this website smart-trucking-jobs.com/dacreport.html to find out what a DAC report is and how to get yours free. And how to file a complaint for false or incorrect information on your DAC report. Hope this info is useful while you are at this site be sure to check out the other pages for more useful information.
My name is: Vernon Jones, my email address is: vernonrjones@yahoo.com. I would like to know if you can give me information on how I can obtain a 'free' copy of my DAC report. I was involved in a roll-over accident on: 3-3-09. I was not cited by the highway patrol. No one was injured except myself. I have since recovered from my accident. I am told that I may not be rehired by my company. I have a felony record, however, my current company has not allowed that to hinder me from working for them. If you can help please contact me at your convience.

ROCKY in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

I have 5 prevetables 2 are stuck in the mud and the other 3 are just when i was backing up i hit a trailer. the damage was only 2,000 dollares i want to know if these dacfix people can actually help me. and also is there any small companies out here that are hireing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Biloxi, Mississippi

53 months ago

I have 5 preventables. Stupid stuff, backed over a curb, knocked over a household trash can with scrape alunium. in it at alunim. recycle plant, ect. I'v been shut down 4 years now and counting. I'v tried D.A.C. fix it $300.00 all I got was "taken". I'v tried fix it yourself, the only ones that can take 'em off is the ones that put 'em on. They stay on for 7 years. I unemlpoyed and no jobs are hire'n. Is it possibe to lease purchase to get back in the drivers seat. Anybody? Any proven methods?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

david in Amarillo, Texas

52 months ago

ex-trucker in Columbus, Ohio said: So if I failed a pre employment drug test a little over 3 years ago, can I check the "no" box on the question where they ask if you've ever refused or failed a drug test? Would the company find out anyway?

What was your outcome on this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tim in La Fayette, New York

52 months ago

darren in iowa i'm also in a similar situation doesn't seem to be any answers good luck man

Rocky in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

i have a suck in the mud 2x on dac 1 hitting a trailer while backing up to the dock and they say i ran the guard hand at my terminal but they where working on it so it is there fault, and then i hit a guard rail all little things because i was still a little green

Pete in Arlington, Virginia

52 months ago

It just got easier to request your DAC report. Do it all online. Go to www.hireright.com/Disputes/Report.aspx Request the free consumer report (available once every 12 months).

Ron Otto in Altoona, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

I need to find out what is on my DAC report for employment .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ron Otto in Altoona, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

i need to find out what is on my dac report for employment

rocky in Los Angeles, California

52 months ago

i have 2 stuck in the muds 1 for hitting a guard rail at the terminal, i hit a trailer while backup to the docks and i hit a guard rail at another customer site trying to blind side back. this is all on my DAC

Rob in Concord, California

52 months ago

How long does it take to get my dac report?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Gulfport, Mississippi

51 months ago

Not dacfix the company, but D.A.C fix companys. I'v never heard of dacfix of Texas. I paid my money to the one I used, they were real nice, till time for results then they got attitude. Moral of story they got my money, I got nothing. If you think you can do better dacfix Texas, step up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

T. in North Adams, Michigan

51 months ago

Billy in Johnstown, Ohio said: I would suggest to all drivers to get a copy of there DAC report just to see what is on there. You are entitled to a free copy of your DAC report once every 12 months. You can see what is on there an try to correct any errors on there. Try this website smart-trucking-jobs.com/dacreport.html to find out what a DAC report is and how to get yours free. And how to file a complaint for false or incorrect information on your DAC report. Hope this info is useful while you are at this site be sure to check out the other pages for more useful information.

I requested a dac report and they refused to send it now they say I have to pay for one.

Billy5884 in Columbus, Ohio

51 months ago

T. in North Adams, Michigan said: I requested a dac report and they refused to send it now they say I have to pay for one.

What was there reason for refusing to send it? You only get one free one a year after that you have to pay. This is why I highly suggest you send everything by certified mail with return receipt. That way you have a record on when you sent the info to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stephen miller in Ponce De Leon, Florida

49 months ago

yeah i been driving a truck for 15 months, no accidents till 11-2009 when a girl cut in front of me into the left lane and came to a complete stop. i slowed the truck down to 4 mph when i bumped her. i got charged with following to closely. not my fault. my company let me go because of it now i can't get hired by any one else cause of that one accident. every company is telling me that i have to wait 2 years which i think is stupid. any one know how i can fix my dac with out payin 3 to 4 hundred dollar that i don't have???

stephen miller in Ponce De Leon, Florida

49 months ago

it is harder and harder to get a trucking job. for cryin out loud, that state of VA has closed down all there rest areas down. its getting harder and harder for drivers to find places to park. you can't even go into NEW YORK with out having to come out the same day cause there is no parking up there. the gov is trying to run trucking out of buiness thats why the speed limits are 55 or 65 for trucks but most of the accidents are caused caused by them you know what 4 wheelers. and we get blamed for it. i'm tired of it. these fools that pass these stupid laws on trucks need to be shot. how are we suppose to make a living. DOT needs to leave us alone and let us do our job. there are more accidents caused by 4 wheelers then trucks any time there is an accident where a truck is involved its cause the 4 wheeler caused it. when are we going to get a break.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

bryant.phillips@rocketmail.com in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

I got let go by knight refrigerated how com they said i am still on working for them

Ronnie Britt in Mooresville, North Carolina

48 months ago

want to now more about dac.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bootlegger34431 in Gainesville, Florida

46 months ago

I feel that the Dac report is there to black ball a driver . They allow the companys to print what ever they want of course they code it to say something .But check what it dosnt say .In other words depending on the statement as to wether you kiss thier butts . No other industry requires a 10 year work history .A brain surgeon dosnt have to give you a 10 year no gaps work history . If you worked for a company and you went to the lease program then back to the company side guess what thats 3 jobs .What ?? how do you figure its still the same company .If you take leaves of absence for family matters guess what you just quit that company and even though you where put back to work because you seem to do something right like your job dosnt matter its multiple jobs oh my you must be a bad driver . You keep your house clean you take care of your customers because we all know that a happy customer is a repeat customer .But if you bulked one time because they wanted you to do something illegal like oh say run a trailer 560 miles with expired tag and even though you know better you go ahead and start out then they say ok now since ive got you on the hook you have to pick up a load i know we promised to get you to the yard and fix the problum but before you even get to the reciever they want you to go another 350 miles the other way with a load that they want you to sit on for 4 days so you take the truxk to the yard and they wont even talk to you well you where in a unortherized area or company policy violation .Wow guess what you have just been black balled .Ever slept on the floor of a friend garage on a futon matterss on the floor go out the back door to use the bathroom .I have .How dignified . It so makes me want to wring someones neck .So after 27 years of driveing all over the US and Can it looks like i cant get a job in my industry .Thank you verry much .God give me the strength to not do what i so want to for people punks runing my life good luck

cweakley in Dallas, Texas

45 months ago

I give up. I have never been so abused in my life. I just ordered my DAC report. I am scared to look at it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cassie in Independence, Missouri

44 months ago

Don in Westland, Michigan said: I think ---all--- dispatchers should be former drivers,so they have more respect for what drivers deal with and have more patience when it comes to things that drivers deal with to get the job done,traffic,weather,directions,hours of service,and so on.

My husbands company has a ceo that has been banned from driving for killing a guy in an accident. and they still blame the drivers for everything now he is going thru hell and is stuck cause of dac

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sempeverlasting@gmail.com in Oakland, California

44 months ago

Good morning all you mutha truckas...I was wondering if someone could help me out...I'll keep it simple yet understanding so there are no holes...ok here is what I am hoping for...

I was a student at swift 5 years ago and graduated...
On my last day of training...I was fired...no reason given...
Come to find out later without them telling me...they put something on my DAC...and it's the only standing one thing thus far...
When I was training...I got my trainers truck stuck in the mudd...looked like hard gravel and he said to drive over it...but no...yeah...no..so...
On my Dac report it says...Incident...Casualty...or whatever...and it is that stuck in the mudd crap...

So...I have 2 driving jobs with excellent experience that were local and I got laid off from both...so I am thinking over the road but if there is one thing on your report...they don't take you...unless you know of any companies that will and...can I clean this report by calling swift? what is the easiest way to dispute this garbage..?

THank you all for your time..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andre Williams in Pendleton, Indiana

42 months ago

My old company put a jackknife on my record and I didn't get into accident and the reported I dry rubbed a tire on the ground non dot reportables can they do that

ACDG in Kingston, Tennessee

41 months ago

Can anyone tell me how long tickets remain on a DAC? All the tickets on my DAC are less then a year old. A ticket I received on Oct.2009 is not listed. Do major violations stay on longer then minor ones.

bigpete in Orland Park, Illinois

39 months ago

I have been wating almost four weeks for a trainer. I only need seven more days to finish
my training. I have driven around twenty k miles. Can I get a job with just this much driving.?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Dallas, Texas

39 months ago

I live in Dallas,Tx. I am looking for a co-driver about my age. I am 55 male and am well qualified. Over 36 of safe driving. No issues.

Juan Carlos Montoya in Hilliard, Ohio

38 months ago

Even small companies get DAC or at least their insurance companies do. If you have had any real problems like DUI, Drug failure, most criminal, fleeing, drag racing, a lot of tickets, or accidents then you will probably want to search for a new career. Those insurance companies are trying to get rid of anyone CSA2010 hasn't.

Good luck in your search. In all seriousness, look at fast food chains because you will have a career that is upward mobile with a fortune 500 company and there is no previous experience needed, plus they train. Not to mention you will get to go home every day to sleep in your bed. You will make more a year also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.