Getting a drug safety associate job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

How did you get your start doing drug safety associate work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

wannabDSA in New Orleans, Louisiana

79 months ago

any comments? I'd really like to hear from someone in the field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jai singh in Washington, District of Columbia

78 months ago

I would like to know how to go about getting a DSA position. I have M.D CRA and self trained in drug safety and pharmacovgilence from FDA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

jai singh in Washington, District of Columbia said: I would like to know how to go about getting a DSA position. I have M.D CRA and self trained in drug safety and pharmacovgilence from FDA.

I'm getting a little off topic, but Jai, how did you get a CRA position and also, how did you go about getting "self trained" in drug safety and pharmacovigilance from the FDA? I also have a M.D. (not licensed)and have been looking into these fields for the last 6 months with no luck. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

jai singh in Washington, District of Columbia

78 months ago

wannabDSA in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I'm getting a little off topic, but Jai, how did you get a CRA position and also, how did you go about getting "self trained" in drug safety and pharmacovigilance from the FDA? I also have a M.D. (not licensed)and have been looking into these fields for the last 6 months with no luck. Any advice?

I enrolled in a CRA online program course with Krieger research center in Toronto
in 2005.Then I got a CRA position after lot of struggle.My honest advice to you is to hide your M.D and get into the door on any position.Otherwise you will be overqualified for any job in pharmaceuticals. over educated and no experience will make it very challenging to land a position.To be drug safety associate you need to know FCR21,ICH GCP and various guidelines and regulations that can be found on the FDA web site under pharmacovigilance and drug safety.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Thank you for the information, jai singh! I was told by one recruiter after he had submitted my resume for a DSA position, that the company did not want to hire anyone with an M.D. Do you think the online CRA program was worth it or helpful in getting you the CRA position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Priya Patel in London, United Kingdom

69 months ago

I am a UK qualified pharmacist with extensive experience in hospital and retail. I am now looking for a career move into industry and am interested in drug safety. Anyone know how I can apply for entry level jobs in USA to help me train my way up. I am a USA resident.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rajani Kumari in Bangalore, India

63 months ago

I want to know more about this job can any one help me out? I am graduate in science and working as a medical trasncriptionist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ravi in Hackensack, New Jersey

59 months ago

wannabDSA in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I'm getting a little off topic, but Jai, how did you get a CRA position and also, how did you go about getting "self trained" in drug safety and pharmacovigilance from the FDA? I also have a M.D. (not licensed)and have been looking into these fields for the last 6 months with no luck. Any advice?

hi....i am in the same position as u..i mean..i am physician..lokking for dsa job
can we discuss things together..so we can share knowledge....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mitu786 in Morris Plains, New Jersey

56 months ago

ravi in Hackensack, New Jersey said: hi....i am in the same position as u..i mean..i am physician..lokking for dsa job

Hi all I am MD (not licensed) I was lokking to break in the pharmaceautical industry for two years, but didnt get lucky, There is a new field out there in the neurosurgery, called intraoperative neurosurgery monitor. This is really hot right now and looking for physicians (not licensed) the starting salary is high 40' and is very promissing. log on to ASNM.ORG good luck

56 months ago

hi
may i know ur name and contact number
im in jersey

56 months ago

Mitu786 in Morris Plains, New Jersey said: Hi all I am MD (not licensed) I was lokking to break in the pharmaceautical industry for two years, but didnt get lucky, There is a new field out there in the neurosurgery, called intraoperative neurosurgery monitor. This is really hot right now and looking for physicians (not licensed) the starting salary is high 40' and is very promissing. log on to ASNM.ORG good luck

dear mitu
can i know ur contact info..so we can share things

TL in Hackensack, New Jersey

56 months ago

ravi in Hackensack, New Jersey said: hi....i am in the same position as u..i mean..i am physician..lokking for dsa job

Hi Ravi,
I am in hackensack too. Maybe we should develop the support group in our are. Get together and discuss industry news?
Please share your thoughts.

ravi in Brooklyn, New York

56 months ago

TL in Hackensack, New Jersey said: Hi Ravi,
I am in hackensack too. Maybe we should develop the support group in our are. Get together and discuss industry news?
Please share your thoughts.

yea sure
my email...ravikanthmedico@yahoo.com
email me a test mail
we can get in touch and discuss

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TL in Hackensack, New Jersey

55 months ago

Anyone knows what company interviewes in drug safety or how to get a job in contract research organization?

prvn.patel in Scottsdale, Arizona

50 months ago

ravi in Brooklyn, New York said: yea sure
my email...ravikanthmedico@yahoo.com
email me a test mail
we can get in touch and discuss

Hi Ravi,

It seems like you are famous now. I will appreciate for contacting me to get to know each other with similar situation and to discuss the best way to approach for a job. Regards: prvn.patel@gmail.com

IRI in New Jersey

50 months ago

We at Integrated Resources Inc are constantly looking for foreig MDs who have experience/ knowledge of drug safety. We work with major pharma companies and are looking for well seasonsed professionals in the areas of Drug Safety, CRA, Regulatory Affairs, Scientist. Please send your resumes to us at vidhu@irionline.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lina in Wembley, United Kingdom

36 months ago

I am a medical writer with 2 years of experience. Though I have done some projects in regulatory writing, my core area is more of scientific writing. I have completed my Masters in Translational Medicine and Clinical Research from Cardiff University, UK and have a indepth knowledge of clinical research and drug development process. I want to take a leap in pharmacovigilance and drug safety field. Was just wondering if my qualifications and experience would be relevant for entry level to mid level openings in drug safety arena. Would appreciate inputs and suggestions. Thx

djamel 63 in Hempstead, New York

30 months ago

IRI in New Jersey said: We at Integrated Resources Inc are constantly looking for foreig MDs who have experience/ knowledge of drug safety. We work with major pharma companies and are looking for well seasonsed professionals in the areas of Drug Safety, CRA, Regulatory Affairs, Scientist. Please send your resumes to us at vidhu@irionline.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

hi good evening i am very interested to get in pharma domain, i couldn't find away , iam medical lab technologist , i occupied position supervisor for 4 years and iam working medical technologist for more than 15 years

ihave md out usa and i get my master in immuno chemistry in ny long island university
if you have any opportunity for me will be great i live in ny
my email dbenta9563_5@hotmail.com
my name is djamel

sam in Beaver, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

Hi,
I did my b.Pharmacy and PGD in clinical research. I have 2 years of experience in drug safety/Pharmacovigilance. Currently I live in USA on H4 visa and im looking for H1 sponsorship. Can you suggest me on this.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JL in Kernersville, North Carolina

7 months ago

I am a registered pharmacist with more than 20 years clinical and informatics experience including leadership roles. I am looking for a change and drug safety/pharmacovigilance seems a perfect fit. It appears that employers are big on specific drug safety experience making it hard to break into the field. There is a certificate program I am looking into, anyone have insight into if training would make up for the lack of experience? I've played up the experience that being a pharmacist gives me but no bites thus far. It has been hard connecting with someone similar to me working in the field. Any relevant advice would be appreciated.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.