I HATE THIS INDUSTRY - EVERYONE IS A THIEF .. UGH

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 63)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Depressed in Florida

81 months ago

I HATE FLORIDA, I HATE THIS INDUSTRY !! I HATE IT!! I'VE NEVER SEEN SO MANY SELFISH COMPANIES OUT HERE, TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING FOR FREE OR JUST PLAIN OUT STIFF YOU!! SIGNING A CONTRACT OUT HERE DONT MEAN A DAM THING, YEA TAKE IT TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT, AND WAIT FOR YOUR MONEY WITHIN A 1-30 YEAR TIME SPAN. WHOOPTIE DOO! EVERYONE IS SO DESPERATE OUT HERE. WHEN WE DO GET WORK, WE PUT DRIVERS ON AND DONT TAKE NOTHING ON, NOR DO WE MAKE ANYTHING OFF OF IT, JUST SO WE CAN KEEP GOOD DRIVERS AND THE CUSTOMER. YET, IT SEEMS LIKE SOME DRIVERS CAN CARE LESS ACTING LIKE THEY DONT WANT WORK. WE TAKE OURSELVES OFF THE TRUCK, SO WE CAN MAKE WORK FOR SOME DRIVERS. HONESTLY, WE ARE NOT MAKING NOTHING OFF THIS WORK. I HATE THESE DRIVERS THAT STOOP THEMSELVES SO LOW TO WORK FOR $35-$38/HOUR. I HOPE THEIR TRUCKS EXPLODE! PEOPLE ACT LIKE THE GAS IS FREE AND WE ARE BANKS! I'VE NEVER EVER SEEN SO MANY HEARTLESS JERKS OUT HERE, AND WE ARE FROM NEW YORK! NOW WE ARE HERE STRUGGLING. I HATE THIS LIFE. I'VE NEVER EVER BEEN SO DEPRESSED IN MY LIFE. PEOPLE GET YOUR HOPES UP, SAYING "YEA, WE HAVE TONS OF WORK, WE'LL PUT YOU ON, JUST ADDITIONALLY INSURE US AND WE'LL PUT YOU ON RIGHT AWAY!" NOW YOU HAVE TO PAY TO ADDITIONALLY INSURE, AND THEY ACT LIKE THEY HAVE AMNESIA! SOME CUSTOMERS TELL YOU TO DELIVER ROCK, THEN ACT LIKE THEY DIDN'T WANT IT AND WANT TO CALL THE COPS BECAUSE YOU DELIVERED WANT THEY ORDERED. MEANWHILE, THEY END UP GRADING IT AND USING IT! I HAVE NO TOLERANCE FOR THIS! I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! I AM A NOT EVEN A DRIVER, BUT A DAUGHTER OF TRUCKER! WE NEVER BEEN HURTING SO MUCH, I CAN'T HAVE A LIFE, GO TO COLLEGE, EXPERIENCE A LIFE OR FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THIS ROUGH INDUSTRY I HAVE TO STAY ON TOP OF. I'VE BECAME SO OBSESSED WITH TRYING TO GET WORK, EVERYDAY. I'M SICK, VERY SICK AND I THINK IT'S FROM ALL THIS STRESS AND DEPRESSION. PEOPLE AND COMPANIES JUST DON'T REALIZE HOW MANY PEOPLE THEY ARE HURTING. WE ARE NOT THE BANK!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Depressed in Florida

81 months ago

WE ARE NOT SH*TTAKERS **

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mack Tweed in Candler, North Carolina

81 months ago

Calm down dear. I am the mom of the sh**takers. Their will be work. Look out of state if you have to and vote democrat. If i hear of anything I will post it or email you. Half my sole if in Florida.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Depressed in Florida

81 months ago

This is the daughter speaking. My father is not the chit chat type on the computer. Thank you for your prayers, I am not really religious, but I will wish for a positive bright future for you and your family as well as mine. Trust me, I try to think positive, but it's hard while I'm the only one trying here. I'm in a miserable atmosphere, I feel like I'm trying to make everything better and it depresses me that I am not successful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bigkat in Castle Rock, Colorado

80 months ago

Dear depressed in Florida just found this forum and hope thing's are going better. Yes alot of thing's you said can be true about this business but just hang in there and keep your head up. Thing's can be tight in any state, try Colorado in the winter. I still learn alot every day and have been doing this only 7 year's. There is always a way to get to college and as for friend's the good ones will be there when you need them. Good luck John just keep swimming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

another broke trucker

79 months ago

File chapter 13 11 12 or 7 like I am doing shut my whole company down........Fuel almost at $4.00 you are not alone the economy has gone to sh-- and trucking with no fuel sur charge has killed the little guy......Big buisness is clensing the industry of all the little guys I think....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jorge at JLC Trucking in Sarasota, Florida

79 months ago

I am the wife of a truck driver, we started in 2006 had a good year and last year was a complete loss. Now my husband has had no work since Thanksgiving. He has tried to get any kind of work but nothing! We have had the truck up for sale and people have offered like $15,000 less than its worth. Other friends that have very little work say that the jobs are so far away that after gas expense they are making nothing. I have just finished four years of breast cancer treatment at only 37 years old. I am usually very positive but this stinks!!! I can't wait for the election too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tammy in Hinesville, Georgia

79 months ago

Jorge at JLC Trucking in Sarasota, Florida said: I am the wife of a truck driver, we started in 2006 had a good year and last year was a complete loss. Now my husband has had no work since Thanksgiving. He has tried to get any kind of work but nothing! We have had the truck up for sale and people have offered like $15,000 less than its worth. Other friends that have very little work say that the jobs are so far away that after gas expense they are making nothing. I have just finished four years of breast cancer treatment at only 37 years old. I am usually very positive but this stinks!!! I can't wait for the election too!

Wish you all the best with treatment, my mom in-law is a 3 year survivor. I know what I watched her go threough. GOD BLESS. We have been in this business 10 years. I have never seen it this bad. I know Georgia stinks for work right now. Fuel is almost $4/gal. You cannot afford to run on what they want to pay. We have several friends who are just turning in their trucks. I wish you all the best health. And all the luck in finding work in your area. I am praying for our nations well being, and will also be glad when this election is over.

bob green in Staunton, Virginia

79 months ago

Mack Tweed in Candler, North Carolina said: Calm down dear. I am the mom of the sh**takers. Their will be work. Look out of state if you have to and vote democrat. If i hear of anything I will post it or email you. Half my sole if in Florida.

VOTE DEMOCRATE? are you kidding? well ALL be outa business!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

bob green in Staunton, Virginia

79 months ago

i have come to the conclusion that owner operators are going to be run out of business. dump truck business around here is dead, and the future doesnt look promising.ive been in trucking 25 years, and have never seen it like this.i look for a record number of foreclosures and bankruptcies this year.

tammy in Hinesville, Georgia

79 months ago

Record numbers have already been seen. Those not filing bankruptcies are just walking away from the trucks and their homes.

tmbax75 in Chipley, Florida

75 months ago

Depressed in Florida. You are not alone there are many Driver and owners out there that are in the same darn spot. Either there is work and they want it free or there is no work . I have been driving dumps trucks for 13 years and the only thing that stays the same is the rates. I have drove for the same owner for 6 years now with out a raise. I know Fuel is killing his company one tank at the time. But there isn't much we can do but hold on for the ride and prey we make it. tmbax75@msn.com

shane in Frederick, Maryland

72 months ago

Welcome to Flordia, this industry sucks everywhere, but Flordia is the worst. The companies in FL know the trucks will run for nothing and the drivers will work for nothing. Oh wait, thats all jobs in FL and everyone there.

As for the election, which group do you want to see go in? The dems who tax everyone to death, or the Republicans who borrow us into oblivion? Just remember, by action, Bush is an evangelic democrat, not a conservative.

Will Mendes in Lake Village, Indiana

70 months ago

Hang in there Kiddo,
We are all facing a dilemma. I was fired after 10 years on the job. The reason? I did not fill out a job application. They fired about 25 drivers for that reason, we all resubmitted apps when they requested, but they must have "mis-placed" them. We were in between contracts and they were supposed to honor the rates and rules from the previous contract until a new one was ratified. But I guess when you are Rocky Wirtz you can do anything no matter how illegal it is. He told our union rep. our lawyers are more expensive than yours, and we have more of them. Even when you do things legally and the law is on your side, it means nothing. My home goes up on foreclosure this Friday. Anyways, Merry Christmas to all, better days are ahead. William J.

Johnson Trucking in Los Angeles, California

70 months ago

Trucking has changed my life, Now i can't buy a job, Sad times!

Road Toad in Warren, Michigan

58 months ago

Why I hate trucking : Well where do I start?, I started driving about 3.5 yrs ago. I started off like the rest of the sheep out there , because I was going to make big money .So I went to Michigan Works for job placement they gave me enough money to get started but not enough to follow through. So I owed somewhere in the neighborhood of $2000.00 dollars at the end of my training. This was all before the so called collapse of Wall st. So I still had hope that I could pay it off. Anyway I went to training here in the great state of Michigan which started around Oct. of 2006 .I went everyday studied hard and I was never late or absent. For this I was rewarded with a certificate of perfect attendance. OH BOY I was on my way or so I thought, First I needed to get a Pre-hire letter from one of the fine companies that recruit from US TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL in Clinton Twp. MI. but Nea I was turned down by all except the lowest of all the bottom feeders SWIFT TRANSPORTATION, not only did they except me but they were going to pay my student loan off too.OH JOY!! All I had to do was complete there training with a Mentor driver which was supposed to take 45 days O.T.R. and 1yr driving for SWIFT. NO sweat I could do this standing on my head, or so I thought. I went to SWIFT TRANS. orientation in NEW BOSTON MI. That took 7 days Then I spent another 7 days waiting on a Mentor to train with I was payed for the 1st 7 days but was on my own until I got on a truck. After 7 days of fine living at the KNIGHTS INN of Monroe MI.I ran out of money and had to return to Warren Mi. where I lived, about an hour away from Monroe. Mind you I was Broke and had to call someone to pick me up from Monroe, which I did so I loaded up all the stuff I had brought and headed home our tire no sooner touched the drive of my house when my cell phone went off, it was SWIFT they had a Mentor for me to train with Here's the rub IT was 17:45 And I had to be at the bus station by 18:15 to catch a GREYHOUND

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

which was in the down town area of Detroit. some how I made it. I got on the bus it took me to the SWIFT terminal in Columbus Oh. Which I sat on the street for at least 3 hrs waiting for the shuttle to pick me up which the bus station is like a half an away from the terminal anyway I get there and Im waiting for my Mentor to pick me up I was just on the bus for about 8 hrs waited another 3 for the shuttle about 2 more hrs go by and this guy comes in and its my Mentor I thinking ok great dude is here he starts to talk to me and I cant understand a word this guy is saying. He's from Cuba and does not speak english very well. so being NEW I go with him anyway He has a drop and hook going from Oh. to LA. Ca.Im thinking cool Ive never been west of Chicago I load up my stuff and crawl in the sleeper we head out we get as far as SWIFT terminal in KC he gets a Phone call he needs to be in MIAMI FL. For a court date the next day because he is going through a divorce so he tells me that I have to wait until he comes back to continue training. Ok so the guy puts me in the Holiday Inn in KC. Mind you I have no money Im 900 miles from home and stuck like Chuck and this guy disappears. So Im on the phone Pissed off telling these people at SWIFT what happened and at first they are like WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, YOU CANT HAVE A LOAN BECAUSE YOURE NOT UNDER A LOAD. So I told them SCREW YOU ALL AND SEND ME HOME some how they came up with $50.00 or $75.00 dollars I dont remember. A week later this fool comes back to get me I get back on his truck,all of the time counted towards training by the way you can really learn a lot about driving sitting in a Holiday Inn . He gets another load from KC to LA so on the way out there HE starts acting really F"D up about the rules of the truck no eatting on the truck you can only smoke in the drivers seat no shoes in the back Bla bla bla whatever so Im putting up with all this crap cause Im new and because IM new this guy wont let me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

drive the dam truck so IM getting no training what so ever he wont even show me how to fill out a log nothing as if I could understand Spainish anyway or Cuban or what ever so basicly Im getting nowhere with this guy . the next day we are still in KS and he decides to let me drive I think he started running late so IM on this 2 lane road and the wind is like 60mph and truck is everywhere and this numb nuts is asleep and Im pooping a brick some how I managed to keep it on the road till my 11 hrs were up we switch out and we get to LA . actually Fontana Ca. we drop Then we ran a sweep to vagas ended up picking up a load in out at herbial life near Compton which they over loaded us and he drove all the way back to Fontana because he didnt want to spend money on a scale ticket then he found out he couldnt adjust his tandems he got really pissed and would nt take the load back to Compton so they gave him a load to AZ. where he quit and dropped me off again at the main SWIFT terminal in PHOENIX where I waited for another Mentor to Train me .Now I dont care what nationality you are I had to tell them I need someone I can understand but no the next guy was from Palisteine and spoke arabic by the way did I mention he was Gay because he was he told me me I was to Nervous to drive and that I needed to jack off before I drive like he does in the back while I drive needless to say i got a new Mentor and finished my training with some guy from Greyling Mi. he was cool I got my own truck around or after Christmas of 2006 what night mare and that was just training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

I could go on and and on Ive worked for CFI a joke I got screwed BY GTZ XPRESS out fo Clinton twp mi. I worked for Gainey Transportation they sucked and Celadon was a joke I just went through C R England's Oreintation which they pay nothing for your time and try to charge you for your physical and drug test as for their so called lease Program I aced the dam thing but I turned them down because they flat out lied about Their so called 6month lease which really was a 29 month lease that you could walk away from after 6 months with a 30 day notice but it is still a volantry repo on your credit report + a 700 dollar charge for turning your truck in and if there is anything they dont like about it they charge extra for it and then they sell the remainder of the lease to a collection agency so its not them comming after you but someone else oh and they sell enforcer locks at 30.00 dollars a pop and pallets and dont pay tolls For I/C's dont even get me started on hazmat none of these Companies want to make it worth your while but they want you to get the endorsement and as owner operators you are entitled to fuel surcharges they all try to screw you out of. so you tell me is it worth all your time and effort Isay until we as drivers stand up to these BLOODSUCKERS and get an even shake no its not worth at all!!!!!!

LAZ in new orleans, Louisiana

56 months ago

well im going through the same, we live in ga and my father has to be away from us... he makes the money to support us but really when you subtract everything there is nothing left... i always have to call people to see if there is something better for him... he gets paid 3.25 a ton for a 46 miles round trip which is crap!! it upsets me because he has a family to support... 4 children to be exact... ranging from 20 me to a 1 yr old... it horrible how contracters pay you sh8t and they dont no that they are hurting familys

LAZ in new orleans, Louisiana

56 months ago

hes in new orleans by the way

j.bird in Apopka, Florida

56 months ago

Try getting out of the SOUTH ... the more north you go the more money you will make , ever try working for some one else .... waste managment ???

kid in Ville Platte, Louisiana

55 months ago

the brokers are making money and the dump truck driver doing the work.

dncholas in Charleston, West Virginia

55 months ago

I sympathize with you all. I have a similar story as Road Toad I believe is the name and started with Swift in 2005 and had two horrible trainers. One left me in a motel at Christmas 2005 and said I can't go home and he'd only be gone for 2 days. He left me there 9 days, didn't get to go home for CHristmas. He was already doing illegal stuff so I told Swift to give me a new trainer and they did. He was like Archie Bunker and was ok some of the time but was inconsiderate as hell. He'd make me do all of the night driving and he would get up and eat breakfast and leave me sleeping but when I wanted to eat he said I had to eat it while driving. Worked for Swift almost 8-9 and this back when they had the 10 month deal, you pay $150/mth and they match to pay off schooling. But their truck kept breaking down and the tech's are new right out school so never fixed right. They never paid me layover or detention although companies know Swift won't charge them hence not paying the driver and they take longer to load a Swift truck knowing this. Just abusive really. They did do pretty good getting me home though. Went to CRST Premiere which was as short lived solo division in IN and was ok and actually made money but they used only brokers because CRST International only had team freight. So you had to deal with brokers who lie all the time and I would be told a time to show up and get yelled at for being 3 days late and I just busted my rear to get there. I had enough of that and saw the end was coming went to Super Service (Gainey)which is a bunch of a**hole good ol' boy network. Injured calf and they treated me like sh*t. Since then I worked local flatbed for a temp shoring job and Wilcat Trucking out of Beckley that screwed me repeatedly on a 63% load deal where you pay fuel and they screw you when ever a chance. Is it worth it? No, it's not. I enjoyed driving the rigs but hated everything around it. Don't get into it if you haven't already.

Chris in New Windsor, New York

55 months ago

Well I got a class A CDL , 3yrs straight truck experience, but i have a misdemeanor drug conviction in 2006, and finding all these companies wont touch me till after 5yrs, schnieder , swift, cr england, tmc, us express, jb hunt and over 30 more all said no till after 5yrs, even after i went to school in 2008 and got my cdl at the time they told me that after 3yrs i'd be eligble, but now most have raised their standards to hire. So i guess what I am getting at what would you suggest, i was going to run under my own authority and lease a truck, but came up about 10k short for the down payment and the insurance. If you have any ideas or optimistic suggestions being you been through it, i'd love to hear it, Even maybe consider running a rig and broker out loads or o/o for another company, if i had a experienced driver as the main operator in a leased situation i could work... Anyways, be good to hear back from you .

Chris

55 months ago

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO WILL HIRE ME, I HAVE A VALID CDL A AND DOT CARD, BUT HAVE A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR POSSESSION in 10/2006 AND ALL THESE COMPANIES WONT TOUCH ME TILL AFTER 5 years!!!! I am a safe driver and just need a chance, I am clean and sober since 11/2006 Ive applied for over 30 companies including the big companies, I am willing to lease a truck and work teams too if thats what it would take, any suggestions please someone let me know

westchestervendors@gmail.com
Chris

55 months ago

Chris, not sure who you can get to hire you. If Swift and CR ENgland is telling you that then probably nobody until after 5, they hire anybody usually. My last trucking job was percentage and I had to call brokers every single day trying to line up loads and being nickle and dimed. Trust me, you don't want to go that route. They post majority of all loads these days at $1.1/mile and the loads that do pay well are gone so quick it would make your head spin to watch. My advice is don't get a truck and only be a company driver because the industry in total turmoil just like the rest of this country and isn't going to get better, only sicker. Your best bet is to focus on applying to local driving jobs or small long haul outfits if that's your goal. Look for hiring ads that stress you need to bring a recent MVR. That means they are not going to run your DAC or NDR but still may do a background search but some don't, they will hire you if they like you and just drug test you once usually. Unfortunately even the companies that tell you they wont hire you until after 5 years clean may not even then. With the lack of need for drivers and economy, freight down, etc, they have become real a**holes. They actually always were but now they don't hide it. I have some criminal charges on my record but all over a decade old but I get turned down by many due to this. Where they use to say "no felonies" in their ads, many now state "no felonies or misdemeanors ever". This is the worst economic time this country has seen since the Great Depression and your best bet is get what ever you get locally and stick with it.

55 months ago

Thanks for the input. I hear you , the raised standards for the companies is pathetic. What's even worse if you go a certain time without driving even if you have 20 years OTR, and you don't drive for 3 yrs it's as if you never driven at all, How is that even legal, in any other industry , experience is experience! I don't know what to do , at this point looks like I am going to have to hang my CDL on the shelf as a decoration till at least 2012 if not longer, and then have to go through a refresher coarse or something... Your right this economy is horrible, I am excited to get a $9/hr cashiers job at this point, will take it with a smile at this point, and i haven't worked for less than $20 an hour in years... Good Luck to you too. If you get wind of anything in the future, O/O teams etc etc, feel free to drop me a e-mail. westchestervendors@gmail.com Peace. Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Chris, trust me bro, I only wish all of you well with any words I have and NEVER want to make people think negatively or drop their dreams. Without hope what is left? But I have to be honest in that your CDL may be of more use to you and family that you have sitting on a shelf as something to look at in the future. Trust me, I had grand dreams of learning the trade and finally buying my own rig and that was all bs once I learned how bad things have become. To these scumbag trucking companies you are more useful as a hanger in a closet than a truck driver man. It's true. To be extremely honest get out of trucking all together. Everyone. It's already heading that way but let's speed it up because the quicker we all stop kissing trucker companies *sses and tell brokers to kiss our *sses then they will succeed in f*cking all of us. Take any job to weather the storm and send a message to these scumbags that you no longer are their chicken hawk prey

exp in Lehigh Acres, Florida

54 months ago

get a life and find a decent company...I drove in the 90's and was very happy...there alot of good companies and some bad. keep looking

mudderjen in Marysville, Washington

54 months ago

Well, mind you, I am just going to vent. First of all, if the boss does not wish or want to pay a prevailing wage, then don't ****ing send me on one!!! I do not wish to make your BMW payment, or one of your ten properties either. Second, I don't appreciate the ****ing guilt trip they try to plant on me that if I make him pay the correct wage then the guy that sent him the work will get in trouble and will be mad at me and being a female in this God forsaken industry then I will get **** on. Third, this is not my first rodeo and just because you are not the General Contractor on the project does not mean that you don't have to pay the prevailing wage and just because you said it isn't PW does NOT make it so!!!!!!!!!! OMG....this is BS and I am personally sick of all the damn crooks everywhere I look!

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio

54 months ago

dncholas in Charleston, West Virginia said: Chris, not sure who you can get to hire you. If Swift and CR ENgland is telling you that then probably nobody until after 5, they hire anybody usually. My last trucking job was percentage and I had to call brokers every single day trying to line up loads and being nickle and dimed. Trust me, you don't want to go that route. They post majority of all loads these days at $1.1/mile and the loads that do pay well are gone so quick it would make your head spin to watch. My advice is don't get a truck and only be a company driver because the industry in total turmoil just like the rest of this country and isn't going to get better, only sicker. Your best bet is to focus on applying to local driving jobs or small long haul outfits if that's your goal. Look for hiring ads that stress you need to bring a recent MVR. That means they are not going to run your DAC or NDR but still may do a background search but some don't, they will hire you if they like you and just drug test you once usually. Unfortunately even the companies that tell you they wont hire you until after 5 years clean may not even then. With the lack of need for drivers and economy, freight down, etc, they have become real a**holes. They actually always were but now they don't hide it. I have some criminal charges on my record but all over a decade old but I get turned down by many due to this. Where they use to say "no felonies" in their ads, many now state "no felonies or misdemeanors ever". This is the worst economic time this country has seen since the Great Depression and your best bet is get what ever you get locally and stick with it.

DN i have a trafficing in drugs charge from 96-- i was thinking bout trying to get it expunged if i can-- just wondering if these companies can still get record cuz of the federal rules they follow--thank you

Shuuter in Port Clinton, Ohio

50 months ago

shane in Frederick, Maryland said:

As for the election, which group do you want to see go in? The dems who tax everyone to death, or the Republicans who borrow us into oblivion? Just remember, by action, Bush is an evangelic democrat, not a conservative.

LOL...I Hope you dirtbags got what you wanted when you voted our TAX YOU TO DEATH administration in to office. LOL

Well what do you know, those tax you to death Dems also turned out to be SPEND US INTO OBLIVION Dems...

How about just voting for the person who will cut tax AND not spend money we dont have.

What the heck, maybe Obama will just give California to the Chinese as payment for the debt. Be the best move anyone has made in a long time.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tun-O-fun in Port Clinton, Ohio

50 months ago

Bob T in Cleveland, Ohio said: DN i have a trafficing in drugs charge from 96-- i was thinking bout trying to get it expunged if i can-- just wondering if these companies can still get record cuz of the federal rules they follow--thank you

Hey drug boy, go find another career... you will never drive a truck. Period.

Dan Dan Da Truckin man in Port Clinton, Ohio

50 months ago

exp in Lehigh Acres, Florida said: get a life and find a decent company...I drove in the 90's and was very happy...there alot of good companies and some bad. keep looking

This ain't the 90's

Nothing is the same as it was just 5 years ago.

Every driver I know today qualify for food stamps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

poodew in Woodbridge, New Jersey

50 months ago

GEt the illegals out of this country now. How do they have the balls to have a gathering and not be arrested and sent back.They are taking the jobs away from the american worker. They live 30 to a house and work cheap they are nasty and stink.My company closed I was there since I was 18. I went to work for 25 years. I lost everything and am trying to get it together but those illegals take the job.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

jbird in Jackson, Michigan

50 months ago

poodew in Woodbridge, New Jersey said: GEt the illegals out of this country now. How do they have the balls to have a gathering and not be arrested and sent back.They are taking the jobs away from the american worker. They live 30 to a house and work cheap they are nasty and stink.My company closed I was there since I was 18. I went to work for 25 years. I lost everything and am trying to get it together but those illegals take the job.......

agree .......... go ARIZONA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

NoobieTruckerNeedsWork in South Dennis, Massachusetts

50 months ago

I here you!!! Sorry to hear about your troubles, know that you are not alone, and to make it even worse, insurance companies tell you that if you stop driving for 2yrs, you have the equivalent to 0mths experience!!! so if a doctor take a sabbatical for 2yrs, that he's no longer a doctor or qualified to make medical decisions? we are the only industry where those bogus rules apply. there are jobs that ar in demand yet we are suffering from lack of respect & pay from the employers, lack of work due to illegals, and the outrageous standards of the insurance companies that makes it next to impossible for a greenhorn to get work , this all makes for a bad career choice for anyone that doesn't have a shoe in with an owner operator at least or clean as a whistle and don't mind eating crap for at least 5yrs...

Speaking of which I am on the east coast , in desperate need of work anyone knows of anyone running freight east, I have a clean valid class A willing to travel etc, minimal experience clean DAK & Medical card.

dncholas in Crownsville, Maryland

50 months ago

I live in WV (on a VPN) and know plenty of truck drivers here but mostly coal and you can't get a dump trailer job without 3-5 years experience and the do not train. Even if they did train you still can't drive because the insurance company calls the shots. So plenty of dump trailer jobs here if you have the experience and want to live here. But the silly thing is they will never get new drivers because the experience level is so high.

The only truckers I personally know that are actually successful are owner operators but they already made a ton of money back when things were good so their trucks are paid for and already had money in the bank. One I know best runs scrap steel to KY and back each day and after he hits quota he takes the rest of the month off. Home every day and weekends off. But to start out now you will never succeed in that way. You might get lucky but you better have plenty of money to start and know the right people.

I did get a conditional hire offered to me by a railroad related company recently and just have to do the drug screen and physical as soon as I get the package they're mailing. I'm not only extremely glad to get on with this giant company but also that I will get to drive, learn the trade and use my CDL but not have to deal with a trucking company ever again. I applied to every railroad related company and hired by the one I actually wanted because they do high tech rail inspections and maintenance. I've worked for so many scumbag truck companies plus other jobs that really sucked and finally, and never thought I'd say this in my life but, my ship has finally come come to shore.

scummaker in Arlington, Texas

50 months ago

Don't burn that bridge just yet. All ships eventually sink......

Jacobo in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

jbird in Jackson, Michigan said: agree .......... go ARIZONA

I can see that you are trying to blame this problems in illegal aliens but the truth my dear friends this country its been with illegal aliens (and dont be close minded just thinking south of the border yeah Mexicans, you have a north border too do you know how many Canadians are here??? how many Asians? Africans overstay with the tourist visas?? and not to talk about middle eastern and India , Philippines etc.... here its some raw numbers for you 2 and other readers...
India 270,000 Honduras 280,000 Philippines 280,000 Guatemala 430,000 El Salvador 510,000 <-(where im from) Mexico 6,570,000 and to give a raw number of all illegal’s 12,000,000 (+)

Jacobo in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

try to arrest all of those illegal’s and you my friend will be arpaio hero!! i don’t know how you do it its like you try to empty NYC and thats only 8 Mil try to get funds to do that and this gov will go more broke that George W Bush left it to Obama, and dont think that im 100% happy with obama cuz he promise when he was running for president he told in a spanish broadcaster that he was going to have an immigration bill during his first year in office...

Jacobo in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

as a Latino that i am i believed in him and soo 67% and at the end he didnt keep his promise, but i think if he goes for it his approval will go more below than where it is rigth now... anyways thats my point of view you dont have to agree but guess what i have the rigth to say it and thats what this people are doing!!
and i don’t want to call a color if you are red its ok if you for the blue its ok too but blaming one problem to another its wrong...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jbird in Camden, Ohio

50 months ago

I think what we are looking for is all people that live here is to SPEAK ENGLISH like we have learned , and also to pay there SHARE IN TAXES , and also to have INSURANCE so all of us dont have to pay it for them who ever they might be blue , red , black ,brown ,i work 12 hrs a day every day and some times day and night 24 hrs a day to do what PAY THE GOVERMENT to take care of aliens ?? you dont think if the workers in the fields would use the heads instead of the hands and take a strike for a day that they could earn a better pay , or if the white guys goes to the fields we could earn more money by using are heads ?? and form a group to earn more money and get insurance and speak english

TERRY in Cordova, Tennessee

50 months ago

LAZ in new orleans, Louisiana said: well im going through the same, we live in ga and my father has to be away from us... he makes the money to support us but really when you subtract everything there is nothing left... i always have to call people to see if there is something better for him... he gets paid 3.25 a ton for a 46 miles round trip which is crap!! it upsets me because he has a family to support... 4 children to be exact... ranging from 20 me to a 1 yr old... it horrible how contracters pay you sh8t and they dont no that they are hurting familys

Is your dad still in New Orleans?....I know of a run that is less than half for about the same pay

Roger in Idaho Falls, Idaho

50 months ago

I've read some sad things in these posts and how determined you all are. I hope for the best to come to all of you. I won’t post about my desire to become a truck driver, but I will respond to white people are lazy. I didn't read where any person was lazy that posted here other than the individual who called Americans lazy saying white people won't work. Hay America is not just white. If we are so lazy why is America so great? We don’t want your culture. No one said anything bad about people coming to American and helping build an already great culture into a better one. To become an American means you know our laws and some of our history and are ready to help build a better life. You don’t have the right to call us lazy. Many farmers and contractors want and pay illegal’s to do work because they can pay nothing for slave labor. These are like the business people of Florida who take advantage of good people. Farmers and contractors don't report the slave labor pay which means bigger profits for them and fewer taxes to pay. Yes paying illegal’s for slave labor that will not say anything because they will be deported to their country if they do. America doesn’t owe illegal’s anything. Illegals owe every American they see a great thanks for they and their ancestors are what America is built from. If you want to be truly be free like never before become a legal American and speak our language you can speak yours but remember you came to our country. America is the melting pot of the world. If you don’t know what that means then you need to look into our history. Personally illegal’s needed together and take over their own countries and try and make them as good as or better than America.

jbird

50 months ago

Roger in Idaho Falls, Idaho said: I've read some sad things in these posts and how determined you all are. I hope for the best to come to all of you. I won’t post about my desire to become a truck driver, but I will respond to white people are lazy. I didn't read where any person was lazy that posted here other than the individual who called Americans lazy saying white people won't work. Hay America is not just white. If we are so lazy why is America so great? We don’t want your culture. No one said anything bad about people coming to American and helping build an already great culture into a better one. To become an American means you know our laws and some of our history and are ready to help build a better life. You don’t have the right to call us lazy. Many farmers and contractors want and pay illegal’s to do work because they can pay nothing for slave labor. These are like the business people of Florida who take advantage of good people. Farmers and contractors don't report the slave labor pay which means bigger profits for them and fewer taxes to pay. Yes paying illegal’s for slave labor that will not say anything because they will be deported to their country if they do. America doesn’t owe illegal’s anything. Illegals owe every American they see a great thanks for they and their ancestors are what America is built from. If you want to be truly be free like never before become a legal American and speak our language you can speak yours but remember you came to our country. America is the melting pot of the world. If you don’t know what that means then you need to look into our history. Personally illegal’s needed together and take over their own countries and try and make them as good as or better than America.

GOOD JOB ROGER ......I LIKE

drake in Bloomington, California

49 months ago

immigration has killed trucking and all other industries...now we are about to get swarmed with their children...brace your self for armeggedon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dncholas in North Arlington, New Jersey

49 months ago

While illegal immigration is a factor as to why millions are out of work you must also realize that corporate and government entities inside the US are to blame as well. The federal government is closely tied in with the big corporations. They want the mass immigration for cheap labor. It's happening all over the world. Why do you think the federal government stopped the fence building and do nothing to stop Mexicans crossing the border? Also outsourcing manufacturing job has destroyed production in this country single handedly by 40%. The one thing our mainstream media won't tell you is that the number of American citizens out of work is actually at 21% and rising. Another important fact is when they claim the number of jobless claims "was ONLY 43,000 last month", like that's somehow good, they leave out that 150,000 jobs need to be created each month just to keep up with the mass immigration into the US. That's just to break even. So you have an extra 150k people coming in and 50-100k looking for work added each month. They it's slowing down and getting better, it never will get better sad to say simply because the debt the US government has brought on us. Less people are laying off only because they were laying off by the hundreds of thousands a month in the past two years. Another thing you might keep in mind is that trucking will be going to trains in the future for companies to save money and there be even a lesser need for drivers, only needing to pickup and deliver from rail yards. Regardless of what career anyone has we are all screwed, unless you work for the federal government that has no plan on slowing down or laying.

terry in Greenville, Mississippi

47 months ago

bob green in Staunton, Virginia said: VOTE DEMOCRATE? are you kidding? well ALL be outa business!

Learn how t5o spell you dump racist

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.