how do you get a job driving dump trucks when they require experience but no one will hire you without experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

jsl5261 in Tyler, Texas

31 months ago

smitty7319 in Queensbury, New York said: how can i get a job driving tandem axel dump truck without experience?

go to ashalt company that pave roads they will train u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

frustrated fred in Willingboro, New Jersey

28 months ago

I echoe the same story,I think how funny this trucking industry is to ask people to go to school and get the cdl then when you apply its oh we need experience,however the same industry was built on people driving for years without a cdl let alone a diploma,I know they had to put in regulations and thats fine but it wasnt meant or shouldnt be meant that a mother with children ,or father who prfers to be home be forced over the road to gain the needed or required experience that these compnies are asking, I had my cdl since 2003 and im still looking for a company to say hey we got you .I recently started looking at dump trucks and boy a whole other story then I spoke with a driver and asked him how he got in he told me he knew someone inside ,but started without even a cdl.wow im in Nj across the burlington Bristol Bridge any leads let me know.thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dr3309 in Alexandria, Virginia

23 months ago

It's a shame how nobody wants to give you a chance life. sucks that's y the jails are over crowded

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The Reverend in Columbia, Maryland

7 months ago

Old post I know. But have any of you made any progress since this? I too am considering getting my Class B Lic. And will be looking for a job as a dump truck or service truck operator. Im chosing the class B route because going OTR in a Tractor Trailer is not an option. I am a single father. I agree its an experience only work climate that dominates the local and specialty truck jobs. Stuff like that keeps ppl in the jails and sell dope because they run out of hope. There just has to be an inroad that doesn't require one to leave his or her famy for 6 months to a year just to find experience as an underpaid OTR driver.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.