What are typical echo technician salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 401)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Robert Metzger in Chicago, Illinois

91 months ago

Yes, experience counts and ability to train.
The skills to work on are listen, prioritize, and do. The more you do, the faster and better you'll get. However, faster isn't always better. To avoid getting hung up on a difficult view, try for a few minutes then call someone with more experience. Offer your help when help is needed. Be willing to
take on added responsibilities. Arrive and leave on time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona

86 months ago

If anyone is looking for an Echo Tech job, please respond to this post and I will help you. I have several clients eager to hire and have had no luck. The pay range is $22 - $27/hr with excellent benefits and you can pretty much set your schedule.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (51) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Ernst in Elmhurst, New York

86 months ago

please email me at ernstmm07@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ernst in Forest Hills, New York

86 months ago

sheila in Southaven, Mississippi said: How can I contact you about the echo tech positions

Hi Lisa in Arizona.
Please email me regarding the echo jobs
ernstmm07@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MERVET MICHEAL

84 months ago

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona said: If anyone is looking for an Echo Tech job, please respond to this post and I will help you. I have several clients eager to hire and have had no luck. The pay range is $22 - $27/hr with excellent benefits and you can pretty much set your schedule.

I am a certified Echo Tech. 2007 and eager to work in hospitals or clinical offices,and I am working to get ARDMS certificate very soon.also I can relocate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Rego in Scottsdale, Arizona

84 months ago

Hi,

Thank you for responding. Can you please send me an updated resume ASAP to the following address:
lrego@primestaffers.com

I look forward to speaking with you,

Lisa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Rego in Scottsdale, Arizona

84 months ago

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona said: If anyone is looking for an Echo Tech job, please respond to this post and I will help you. I have several clients eager to hire and have had no luck. The pay range is $22 - $27/hr with excellent benefits and you can pretty much set your schedule.

I wanted to update this posting. I am located in the Phx, AZ area and help clients only in the state of AZ. I am looking for an experienced Echo Tech (pedi experience a benefit) that would like to work in a prominent hospital here in the valley. Must have at least three years of experience. Registered or registry eligible (registered within 18 months of hire date). Salary is $29-$40/hr DOE. Work 4 (10s) and rotating call. Relocation help is offered for the right candidate. Generous tuition reimbursement, full medical, dental, and retirement benefits. You won't be disappointed with this facility or position - it's a GREAT TEAM!

Melissa in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

The job salary can be drastically different between each tech. It is really HOW you decide to work not what you do. If you stick solely to one job your whole career, you will not make much more money then when you started. Definitely get registered. It is a must in the field for any interviewer, especially now. Vascular studies you must be registered for doctors reimbursements, and in echo this is approaching. I know that most techs make anywhere from the lower end (new employess with little experience) $23 - $30 (with more experience) in Houston. You also have to realize this is base pay at hospitals. If you work overtime, or take call during the week or weekends you can make more. My friend who is only 2 years in the field works at a hospital and makes $70,000/yr (that would be $35/hr). She doesn't make that high per hour, but its her call pay etc. that puts her over. But I have noticed usually they start you at 48,000-53,000. I work contract and I get paid per study, so the more studies, the more money. You can make $50-65 per study. If you have your own machine, charge more. Do the math here, doing 10 studies a day = $500. And that can be a half day even, if you have them scheduled 30 min apart. So this is always an option. But the contract business has no benefits. Most long timers I know do a little of both, they have either a full time job at a hospital and work 10 or 12 hour shifts, or part time and then do contract on the side for extra money. It is the best of both worlds, you get benefits and stability with the hospital and you get the good contract pay. I have a friend who works 7-3 at the hospital and goes to different doctors offices every afternoon for a couple of hours. She works NO weekends and is done at 6. She makes $120,000. This can also go up extremely if you have full schedules everywhere. There are also traveling techs that get paid really well $35-40/hr. 3 months usually. A hotel, car, food allowance. Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No Reply - Report abuse

ladi jay in Houston, Texas

82 months ago

After searching and searching I found someone to teach me echo, I have always wanted to do this and just didn't know how to get into it. I have researched the salary and have seen the great starting salary. This is exactly what I need to be making. I am currently working as a medical biller and coder and am burned out. I went to interview after interview at the different allied health schools, and they all want you to take out loans for crazy amounts that you will end up owing for ever. And the clases are 15 to 18 months. This school I found is only 6 mos. My question is how long after I finish this class will I be able to get a license and certification?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

thy in Houston, Texas

82 months ago

ladi jay in Houston, Texas said: After searching and searching I found someone to teach me echo, I have always wanted to do this and just didn't know how to get into it. I have researched the salary and have seen the great starting salary. This is exactly what I need to be making. I am currently working as a medical biller and coder and am burned out. I went to interview after interview at the different allied health schools, and they all want you to take out loans for crazy amounts that you will end up owing for ever. And the clases are 15 to 18 months. This school I found is only 6 mos. My question is how long after I finish this class will I be able to get a license and certification?

what school are you planning to go to>?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Violet in Gardiner, New York

82 months ago

Looking for a job inthe new york trisate region. If anyone knows of any please contact me. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

gita in Alexandria, Virginia

81 months ago

hi ,
i am interested in your job offer. plz email me drniki_z@yahoo.com
thanx

Echotechjobs, Sybil Malkin in Bridgeport, Connecticut

81 months ago

Violet in Gardiner, New York said: Looking for a job inthe new york trisate region. If anyone knows of any please contact me. Thank you.

Hi Violet,

Are you certified? If not, do you plan to be? We are a mobile echo business currently seeking to expand our team iwith part-time and full time positions in Westchester, NY and Connecticut. We offer top pay and our techs love the flexibility of traveling between offices. If interested, please forward your resume to me at echotechjobs@gmail.com and I will get back to you. Thank you!

Echotechjobs, Sybil Malkin in Bridgeport, Connecticut

81 months ago

Michel in Saint Albans, New York said: Hi

I am replying to your posting,

I'm looking for a job, how can i contact you

Are you still looking for a job? Need a raise? Tired of being trapped in an office all day? Would you enjoy the freedom and flexibility of traveling around between offices?

A mobile imaging company is looking for new members for our team in Westchester, NY and Connecticut. Experienced cardiac and vascular sonographers are needed for full and part-time positions. Must be independent, friendly and professional. We offer top pay to qualified candidates. Please reply with your resume and/or any inquiries to echotechjobs@gmail.com.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Sybil Sandin
Manager

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tamara in College Station, Texas

81 months ago

ladi jay in Houston, Texas said: After searching and searching I found someone to teach me echo, I have always wanted to do this and just didn't know how to get into it. I have researched the salary and have seen the great starting salary. This is exactly what I need to be making. I am currently working as a medical biller and coder and am burned out. I went to interview after interview at the different allied health schools, and they all want you to take out loans for crazy amounts that you will end up owing for ever. And the clases are 15 to 18 months. This school I found is only 6 mos. My question is how long after I finish this class will I be able to get a license and certification?

You better do some good research on this school, because ARDMS has requirements for people to be able to even sit for the boards. You may not ever be able to be registered with ARDMS, which is the one you will need. There is RCS, which still has alot of requirements you will need to have to get that one also. Sorry, but I do not think the 6mos course will do what you want. Say if you go to one of the high priced schools and you still need to have at least 18 mos of school plus work one yr fulltime in the field before you can take an exam. Most people will not hire you without proper schooling and Credentials. It is well worth you going to a higher priced school. I have been in the field for almost 10yrs and was crossed-trained in General after completing the Echo Program. You are on the right track, just investigate very well before committing to that school. Echo is a great paying field and very rewarding. I highly recommend you doing it, but make sure you do not waste your time on phony programs. Hope I helped ya...Tamara

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hazel in San Jose, California

81 months ago

I am soon to be a new graduate out of San Francisco City College. I live in the south bay and I am looking for a parttime to fulltime position as and Echo Technician. Our program is 2 yrs with many clinical sites. If you have or hear of any jobs in the bay area for new grads or even in the south bay..please email me at specialswtheart@yahoo.com...Thank you

Vincent Le in Frisco, Texas

81 months ago

I am a recent grad in EchoCardiography. Passed my CCI part one and am CC2 eligible. Will be RCS certified as soon as I pass CCI 2. Looking for a job in the Dfw area...preferable north dallas in the frisco area...

If anyone has any job leads please email me with this info and that will be very much appreciated ..thanks in advance

cvt2go@yahoo.com - vincent

Russell M. in Brooklyn, New York

81 months ago

I'm currently working per diem at the hospital and looking for other places to work in NYC and its surroundings. Willing to switch to full time for the right salary. I have less than a year experience in doing echo, carotid, vascular and arterial studies.
Not into general. I'm registry eligible and sitting for my first exam in June, 2008. Please, e-mail me if you know someone who is hiring. Thank you

russmush26@yahoo.com

Princess in Irving, Texas

81 months ago

What school did you find? How do you like it? Hopefully they have one in Dallas because I'm also looking for a career change.

Princess in Irving, Texas

81 months ago

Tamara in College Station, Texas said: You better do some good research on this school, because ARDMS has requirements for people to be able to even sit for the boards. You may not ever be able to be registered with ARDMS, which is the one you will need. There is RCS, which still has alot of requirements you will need to have to get that one also. Sorry, but I do not think the 6mos course will do what you want. Say if you go to one of the high priced schools and you still need to have at least 18 mos of school plus work one yr fulltime in the field before you can take an exam. Most people will not hire you without proper schooling and Credentials. It is well worth you going to a higher priced school. I have been in the field for almost 10yrs and was crossed-trained in General after completing the Echo Program. You are on the right track, just investigate very well before committing to that school. Echo is a great paying field and very rewarding. I highly recommend you doing it, but make sure you do not waste your time on phony programs. Hope I helped ya...Tamara

Well what schools do you recommend?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Marblehead, Massachusetts

81 months ago

do you know of any good travel companies? I am a recent graduate of a 2yr gprogram in boston...have been working now for almost a yr. full-time. I have just started doing dobutamine stress tests...but..i am a slower scanner...i usually can only scan like 8 patients a day at the most (I work 7:30 to 5:30pm)

Julie in Marblehead, Massachusetts

81 months ago

if anyone knows of any good travel companies or jobs in the boston or NH area please e-mail me: weejy51@hotmail.com

thank you!

Julie

Hazel in San Jose, California

80 months ago

I know of a recruiter that looks for jobs for echo-technicians all over the United States. Her name is Charlene Dodd and her company is called Primary Resource.....Here is how you find all of her information...go into www.grossmont.edu/cardiovascular_technology/jobs/JOBS/NON08.pdf

This is a school that teaches non-invasive and invasive echo's and vascular studies in southern california. That is how I found her. You will see her add and what she is all about. She will perfect your resume etc...Check her out. I really like her and when I am ready to leave the Bay Area, believe you me, she will be the one that I call for echo jobs....You will really like her. There are a lot of jobs all over the country depending were you are..Just tell her Lynette referred you....Good Luck Everyone....

princess in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

I'm looking fjor a career change. What school did you attend and how long did it take for you to complete the program?

Vincent Le in Frisco, Texas said: I am a recent grad in E

choCardiography. Passed my CCI part one and am CC2 eligible. Will be RCS certified as soon as I pass CCI 2. Looking for a job in the Dfw area...preferable north dallas in the frisco area...

If anyone has any job leads please email me with this info and that will be very much appreciated ..thanks in advance

Maria in New York, New York

80 months ago

Hi..Im an echo tech with 9 mos experience. I will be able to sit for my registry in july/aug time.. iam currently working full time doing echo/vascular/stress echo/thyroid and abd studies. Iam currently looking for another full time job mobile/hospital/private practice for the right amount.

Please email me.. laydeeme55@yahoo.com

chris in Webbers Falls, Oklahoma

80 months ago

Are you still looking for Echo techs?

Lisa in Phoenix, Arizona

80 months ago

Still looking for experienced echo techs - especially those with strong pedi experience. Let me know if I can help in any way!

Sheila in Memphis, Tennessee

80 months ago

What location are you looking for echo techs? Is it only in Arizona or other areas

Lisa in Phoenix, Arizona

80 months ago

The positions I represent are mainly in AZ but I can help outside of the state as well.

Nicolo Zurbano in Upland, California

79 months ago

Im a new-grad and looking for an Echo Tech job. Im located in California as of now and Im willing to re-locate to Arizona. Im registry eligible after a year from hire. You can reach me at

Christina Cox in Rancho Cucamonga, California

79 months ago

Hi to all Echo Techs,
My name is Christina and I am looking for mid level experienced Echo Techs. The pay range would be from $27-$40 and we also offer great bonuses and day 1 medical. This current position I have available is in California, so if you are interested you can visit our website at www.staffinghelpers.com or you can give us a call at (877)STAFF-98.

Sheila in Memphis, Tennessee

79 months ago

Is this for a travel position or permanent position?

Dee in Columbus, Ohio

79 months ago

Am an EKG technican and will like to be an Echo Tech. Can anyone pls recommend some schools please.

choCardiography. Passed my CCI part one and am CC2 eligible. Will be RCS certified as soon as I pass CCI 2. Looking for a job in the Dfw area...preferable north dallas in the frisco area...

79 months ago

This is a reply to Sheila from Memphis- I do not have much information only that they are in desperate need of an ECHO tech so this will start out as a travel position/per diem and could end up as a perm placement.

Elizabeth in Montgomery, Alabama

79 months ago

I have a BS in Exercise Science and work in cardiac rehab. I am interested in getting my echo tech certification but I hacve not been able to get much infor on the school that is needed. HELP!

apurks in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

We have $55K+ full benefits opportunities in VA, MD, NC, OH, WA, CA, ATL, OKC, New Orleans, and Houston for qualified technicians. My e-mail is apurks@icardio.net

78 months ago

Yes it is depending upon your experience- for instance I have hospitals request Echo Techs who have experience from PEDS to Geriatrics and have at least 1 or more years experience in this field actively working. They would really love it if you had over 2 years than this shows more knowledge.

If you are interested in working per diem for facilities, please visit our websaite at: www.staffinghelpers.com to apply there or give us a call at: 877-782-3398. We are always looking for experienced ECHO Techs.

Stephanie in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

echo tech

78 months ago

Salaries are depending upon experience.

Melissa Perea in La Puente, California

78 months ago

To: Christina Cox..I am currently attending Westcoast Ultrasound Institute for the cardiovascular echosonography program and I'm in my last module which will end on September 23rd of this year. Do you know any externship sites around Los Angeles or San Bernardino County?

Melissa Perea in La Puente, California

78 months ago

Please email me @ mmp1009@yahoo.com for further information.. Thanks!

78 months ago

Melissa, Unfortunately I do not know of any externships that would have to be through - you would have to discuss this with the school you are attending.When you obtain 1 year of experience is when we can assist you in our line of business.

Good Luck and best wishes

Melissa Pless in Tampa, Florida

77 months ago

Yes Iam looking for an echo tech job I have just graduated in Febuary I also practice at school to obtain my skills and im studying for my registry

ladijay in houston, Texas

77 months ago

Hey Tamara in college station thanks for your suggestions, but since I posted my last question, I contacted ARDMS myself:

ARDMS 51 Monroe Street, Plaza East One, Rockville, Maryland 20850-2400 Tel: 301.738.8401 or 800.541.9754...........

Because what I was really struggling with was, whether spend two years in college, still slaving at my current salarie 23,000 yr, get certified after two years , then start working OR Let one of the ECHO techs in my office train me within 6-8 mos, Start working Immediately, making more money then I am currently making for the next two years, then after my second year working, get certified through CCI. I decided to research and what I found out "First of all here in houston there Are dr's that will hire you non-registered but will pay you less about $19-$25 hourly untill you get certified. Hospitals won't, you have to be certified. This way instead of going to a two year program I can make money thoes two years, then after the two years are up you can take the registry for CCI. Diana @ CCI told me all I need is 1) a letter from my employer stating I have worked for 2 years and 2)my application to CCI.....

Because I ultimately want to be ARDMS certified, The Rep at ARDMS I spoke to told me that they have five different ways you can get certified through them. They are called "Pre-requisites". She sd the correct pre-requisite for me would fall under pre-requisite 5. Under this pre requisite, #1 As long as I hold a valid certification from CCI (any one of them)RCS,RVS,RCIS or RCES. I can automatically apply under pre-requisite 5 and take the test and be certified through ARDMS. So all in all you don't have to go to a two year college to get hired. If you find an ECHO Tech willing to train you there will be a Dr that will hire you for less because they save money. I am working for this Dr now! I Hope this message helped someone else struggling as I was.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Indianapolis, Indiana

77 months ago

MERVET MICHEAL said: I am a certified Echo Tech. 2007 and eager to work in hospitals or clinical offices,and I am working to get ARDMS certificate very soon.also I can relocate.

Hello,

I am looking at options in the Healthcar field right now. What responsibilities go along with an Echo Tech? Thanks in advance.

Chris in Indianapolis, Indiana

77 months ago

Chris in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Hello,

I am looking at options in the Healthcar field right now. What responsibilities go along with an Echo Tech? Thanks in advance.

hey chris

Peik in Wichita Falls, Texas

77 months ago

Thanks for your helpful info. I wish I can find Dr. or clinic where I can work and study the same time to get certififed instead of attending 2 years course.

Lisa in Scottsdale, Arizona

77 months ago

Please contact me at lrego@primestaffers.com. I have two clients that are in urgent need of pedi echo techs.

John Woolery in Pittsburg, California

77 months ago

I am looking for Echo Technicians in Northern California. For a regsitered technician our starting pay is $40 per hour.

We are looking to hire ASAP
Email: eastbaydigicom@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.