Don't know what to do with a BS in EE and ME

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

zeeq in San Diego, California

33 months ago

Hello all, I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for me with what to do with my life. I graduated with a degree in electrical and mechanical engineering in 08. However I worked at the patent office doing examining work since I could not really find any engineering work coming out of college. I left the office in 2010 and wanted to pursue a career in engineering because I was not interested in IP work. However I have been searching for a job for 18 months with no luck. I am beginning to lose hope in the engineering discipline. I feel like my future is hopeless in this field as from some of the posts as engineers seem to be a more and more unstable field with the job prospects.

I am thinking of either teaching myself some programming languages and look for software jobs, or going back for a masters. What do you guys think would be a good career choice? At this point, switching to medicine seems like it would be a better option :/.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bolo in Beverly Hills, California

33 months ago

Did you complete 2 different degrees, 1 in EE and 1 in ME? They are totally different things.

I have not heard of any universities offering a major or degree in 'Electrical and Mechanical Engineering'.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

zeeq in San Diego, California

32 months ago

Bolo in Beverly Hills, California said: Did you complete 2 different degrees, 1 in EE and 1 in ME? They are totally different things.

I have not heard of any universities offering a major or degree in 'Electrical and Mechanical Engineering'.

Yea I was a double major.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kerry Thompson in Ann Arbor, Michigan

24 months ago

zeeq in San Diego, California said: Hello all, I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for me with what to do with my life. I graduated with a degree in electrical and mechanical engineering in 08. However I worked at the patent office doing examining work since I could not really find any engineering work coming out of college . I left the office in 2010 and wanted to pursue a career in engineering because I was not interested in IP work. However I have been searching for a job for 18 months with no luck. I am beginning to lose hope in the engineering discipline. I feel like my future is hopeless in this field as from some of the posts as engineers seem to be a more and more unstable field with the job prospects.

I am thinking of either teaching myself some programming languages and look for software jobs, or going back for a masters. What do you guys think would be a good career choice? At this point, switching to medicine seems like it would be a better option :/.

I have openings for an electro mechanical engineer willing to work in Michigan. There is work here guys if you want it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.