Please advise - how to get into Alternative Energy / Green Jobs industry Engineering discipline

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Kristopher Morse in Westland, Michigan

66 months ago

Hello,

I am a recent (BS in Electrical Engineering and BS in Computer Engineering) graduate from the University of Michigan, who was also recently released from an automotive wire harness supplier. I am looking for leads/information regarding an industry change into alternative energies (and "green jobs" in general). Are there any certifications, courses, clubs/organizations, etc. that may benefit my career change? Do they require any "previous experience?" I have customer service, military avionics, automotive (Bosch) quality technician, utility pole field technician, and automotive systems engineering experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

saszzew in Pullman, Washington

64 months ago

Check out the American Solar Energy Society, ases.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paul Ng in Greenville, South Carolina

43 months ago

Kristopher Morse in Westland, Michigan said: Hello,

I am a recent (BS in Electrical Engineering and BS in Computer Engineering) graduate from the University of Michigan, who was also recently released from an automotive wire harness supplier. I am looking for leads/information regarding an industry change into alternative energies (and "green jobs" in general). Are there any certifications, courses, clubs/organizations, etc. that may benefit my career change? Do they require any "previous experience?" I have customer service, military avionics, automotive (Bosch) quality technician, utility pole field technician, and automotive systems engineering experience.

Green industry are growing but not alot. Most of the fund from goverment.
I am current employed at Proterra as Sr elect eng, they are mfg electric and feulcell bus (green products)

I am swamp with alot of work, they need one more elect eng with background in automotive, specially in wire harness. Send your resume to 25 Whitlee Ct.
Greenville, SC 29607

pnguyen@proterra.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.