electrical riddles-Power transformer with inferior core

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Joshua in Austin, Texas

79 months ago

I am researching a devise that is made up of two transformers a compasitor and a load switch to regulate the load on the first transformer when the compasitor is satisfied with load the switch will turn off the power to the transformer. I can give more elabrite details if needed. Any information would help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

joshua in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

try to contact Square D, G.E, or I.T.E. They have model numbers on their cores, that may help you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joshua in Austin, Texas

73 months ago

please ???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Yordan Botev in Sofia, Bulgaria

65 months ago

Hi I am still studing and I am wondering why the core for the transformer is been making cylindrical? Beacause of the magnetic forces or just for better using the spice inside the coil????
thank you in advance :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Imran Sutar in Pune, India

33 months ago

Yordan Botev in Sofia, Bulgaria said: Hi I am still studing and I am wondering why the core for the transformer is been making cylindrical? Beacause of the magnetic forces or just for better using the spice inside the coil????
thank you in advance :)

Transformer core is cylindrical because of following reason:

1: Cylindrical core ease up the winding process. i.e. cylindrical winding.

2: if core is made in square or rectangular shape, then winding must be in square shape, then there are chances of breaking the paper insulation at the edge of square which will result in failure of transformer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.