What are typical electrical estimator salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Isabel in Miami, Florida

76 months ago

Y have the same question

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeeper

73 months ago

i make 100.000y and i am in the nj/nyc area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Derek in Atlanta, Georgia

73 months ago

jeeper said: i make 100.000y and i am in the nj/nyc area

How many yrs. in estimating do you have? What did you start at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brent in Las Vegas, Nevada

66 months ago

It depends on your skill level, company size, company expectations, and the type of work being looked at....anyone can learn to spot and dot, but one needs to go and sell the job after it has been bid...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Claudio in Las Vegas, Nevada

66 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

people skills are first and foremost...field experince as an electrician is very a valuable asset in this position, one has to envision installing feeders, branch, etc. and determine difficulty factors. There are so many factors involved with putting an estiamte together, from commodity pricing, large ticket item quotes, subcontractors with a complete scope of work, manhours versus square footage, site conditions, to margin depending on who the competition is....the list goes on and on.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

this guy in Fort Myers, Florida

62 months ago

I make 32,000 as a junior estimator

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

orioncove in Lake Orion, Michigan

55 months ago

I have 20 plus years of experience in the electrical engineering industry dealing specifically with large health care and education institutions. However, I did not get my degree - have 2 years of college plus military electronics experience.

New York or anyone else - any new ideas of what to put in my resume - I am trying to detail it with this emphasis. Ideas?

Also, the pay you meentioned - could you please clarify your experience? Thanks.

L.Johansen@windstream in Sanford, North Carolina

10 months ago

Gentlemen:
I am a senior electrical estimator / Project Manager--with good people skills who came up thru the ranks from apprentice to journeyman, to master electrician, to project manager, senior electrical estimator, to Vice President, President, Owner, electrical construction field engineer.

All phases of electrical work, commercial, industrial, health facilities, casions, sports facilities, education facilities, government work, mass transit, power plants, conceptual estimating, project management, no project to large.

Salary range $85-120K
Larry J. Johansen, Sr
L.Johansen@windstream.net

Available with reasonable notice.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.