Electrical work in the USA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Doug Pettifer in Hamilton, New Zealand

104 months ago

I am a Electrician / electrical contractor from New Zealand and my wife a I are looking to work in the USA . I am trying to find out if its possible for a New Zealand electrician to work in the USA and if so how I could get in touch with likely employers. Any help would be greatly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (205) / No (45) Reply - Report abuse

Jon in Denver, Colorado

98 months ago

Hello Doug, Do you have Industrial or Commercial experience or mostly Residential? There is plenty of work in Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, California, Where do you want to live? Most of the jobs can be found by doing what your doing now,(Internet)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

erik lazo in Rockville, Maryland

91 months ago

go to internet to

IBEW 26

interantional brotherhood electrical workers the number is the estate
go there and you find all the information

eriklazo@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dan Stoffel in Crested Butte, Colorado

91 months ago

Hi Iceyblue!

I've seen jobs in Colorado Springs lately posted @indeed.com. Looked promising! I'm kinda caught here in Crested Butte, a small ski resort town and recovery from shoulder surgery. would suggest getting Licensed where you are or try to get a License by Endorsement in Colorado. Colorado does not have reciprocity with Florida. You will have a much harder time finding a job w/o a license! Colorado's State Electrical Board link is:

www.dora.state.co.us/electrical/ check it out!!! There is also a network of employers called the IEC (Independent Electrical Contractors) which is another resource for finding a job and getting the education to get licensed.

Dan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Doug Pettifer in Auckland, New Zealand

89 months ago

I am coming over to USA in early July will be in PA from July 1 - 26 th drop us a email ( sparky49@live.com )would love to catch up if you are in the Warren county area or close.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

felixburke in London, United Kingdom

50 months ago

We have a direct genuine provider for BG/ SBLC specifically for lease, at leasing price of 6+2 of face value, Issuance by HSBC London/Hong Kong or any other AA rated Bank in Europe, Middle East or USA.

EMAIL: felixburke@live.co.uk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nick in Bochum, Germany

38 months ago

hi there

try use the intelligent search from www.myjobinusa.com

may help you find an electrician job

have a nice day

nick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

umang in Ahmedabad, India

19 months ago

Doug Pettifer in Hamilton, New Zealand said: I am a Electrician / electrical contractor from New Zealand and my wife a I are looking to work in the USA . I am trying to find out if its possible for a New Zealand electrician to work in the USA and if so how I could get in touch with likely employers. Any help would be greatly appreciated

yes i am ready,sir

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gurpret in India

18 months ago

Doug Pettifer in Hamilton, New Zealand said: I am a Electrician / electrical contractor from New Zealand and my wife a I are looking to work in the USA . I am trying to find out if its possible for a New Zealand electrician to work in the USA and if so how I could get in touch with likely employers. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bhakra Beas Management Board

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leslie in Corona, California

8 months ago

My fiancé is an electrician in France. He is a retired Fr. Navy electrician, and works mostly on generators now. What does he need to do to be able to use these skills in the US? Will he need to go through an entire program to get certified here, even after 20+ years of doing this overseas? How long will this take? And can anyone suggest website/organizations/agencies to look into for this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.