Arcade game tech seeking to relocate

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

Leo in Birmingham, Alabama

82 months ago

Seeking to relocate up north, maybe Chicago , Philadelphia etc. Not too keen on west coast ! I'm very experienced in video game, amusement machine repair and would appreciate any contacts or suggestions. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Mobile, Alabama

82 months ago

Leo in Birmingham, Alabama said: Seeking to relocate up north, maybe Chicago , Philadelphia etc. Not too keen on west coast ! I'm very experienced in video game, amusement machine repair and would appreciate any contacts or suggestions. Thanks.

I have some experience in this as well, I worked for an amusement park and while there,I met some of the vendors. There is a company in New Jersey call alpha omega amusements that has techs scattered throughout the northeast working on a contract basis. There is also a company called gameworks that seems to always be hiring in the columbus,OH area, although I have no idea of the pay rate for either. I would love to get out to the west coast, who do you work for? and If i can ask what do they start at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leo in Birmingham, Alabama

81 months ago

Matt in Mobile, Alabama said: I have some experience in this as well, I worked for an amusement park and while there,I met some of the vendors. There is a company in New Jersey call alpha omega amusements that has techs scattered throughout the northeast working on a contract basis. There is also a company called gameworks that seems to always be hiring in the columbus,OH area, although I have no idea of the pay rate for either. I would love to get out to the west coast, who do you work for? and If i can ask what do they start at?

I'm haven't been in the business since the Alabama law changed in March 07. Would like to get back into it though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jrpacman888@yahoo.com in Orlando, Florida

75 months ago

Leo in Birmingham, Alabama said: Seeking to relocate up north, maybe Chicago , Philadelphia etc. Not too keen on west coast ! I'm very experienced in video game, amusement machine repair and would appreciate any contacts or suggestions. Thanks.

tray cec entertaiment chucke cheeses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

With your background, Midway games in Chicago might be interested in you. They were the creators of Space Invaders. Now, they're more into the software/ play station side of the business and they've seen quite a bit of transition in recent years as they've sunk tons of development and marketing dollars into titles that haven't taken off. That being said, it's a lead. Let me know what you find.

Leo in Birmingham, Alabama said: Seeking to relocate up north, maybe Chicago , Philadelphia etc. Not too keen on west coast ! I'm very experienced in video game, amusement machine repair and would appreciate any contacts or suggestions. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

chad w in Milton, Wisconsin

71 months ago

I am looking to figure my problem out with arcade game i have,,,when i turn it on the marquee light turns on and the monitor turns on as well but is black with no sound. I have not a clue on what could be wrong. it is a nba blitz nba on nbc showtime arcade and i am so frustrated.,.there is nobody i can contact...please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

todd in Boca Raton, Florida

71 months ago

you could have number of different problems it could be your power supply it could be the p.c board for game , it also could be loose connector, you are going to need a technician who lives near you to look at game from here. He troubleshoot the problem down to where problem is and get that part replaced or fixed for you !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

todd in Boca Raton, Florida

71 months ago

you could have number of different problems it could be your power supply it could be the p.c board for game , it also could be loose connector, you are going to need a technician who lives near you to look at game from here. He troubleshoot the problem down to where problem is and get that part replaced or fixed for you !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dm24@comcast.net in Newtown, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

I need help with my arcade legends. Is there anyone out there that can fix my problem? I was on the phone a few years ago for hours and do not have time to do that.

Please contact me if you have experience fixing Arcade Legends.

Thank you,
Donna
dm24@comcast.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

todd plotkin in Boca Raton, Florida

70 months ago

so so many distributers that sell arcade machines ,like pinballs ,video games going out of business ,if anyone ever needs help finding technician for these items go to google search,fixmyarcadegane.com ,they can find technicians worldwide for you !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

todd plotkin in Boca Raton, Florida

69 months ago

chad w in Milton, Wisconsin said: I am looking to figure my problem out with arcade game i have,,,when i turn it on the marquee light turns on and the monitor turns on as well but is black with no sound. I have not a clue on what could be wrong. it is a nba blitz nba on nbc showtime arcade and i am so frustrated.,.there is nobody i can contact...please help!

go to fixmyarcadegame.com they can find technician to fix your game in your ara their finders fee is $25- but worth it cause you get good technician with backround!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

todd plotkin in Pompano Beach, Florida

68 months ago

dm24@comcast.net in Newtown, Pennsylvania said: I need help with my arcade legends. Is there anyone out there that can fix my problem? I was on the phone a few years ago for hours and do not have time to do that.

Please contact me if you have experience fixing Arcade Legends.

Thank you,
Donna
dm24@comcast.net

what is it doing wrong , most likely is just battery on computer in game 2032 watch battery but then have to reset the bios setting which if you email I can tell you what to do !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

todd plotkin in Pompano Beach, Florida

68 months ago

yea -a lot!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dm24@comcast.net in Newtown, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Yes, it was the battery. Thank you so much for responding. It was tricky trying to find the battery, but I did find it and repalced it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

todd plotkin in Pompano Beach, Florida

68 months ago

dm24@comcast.net in Newtown, Pennsylvania said: Yes, it was the battery. Thank you so much for responding. It was tricky trying to find the battery, but I did find it and repalced it.

did you have someone replace the bios setting after changing batter because 75% time bios need to be reset??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

todd plotkin in Pompano Beach, Florida

67 months ago

send me all your information, I own Fixmyarcadegame.com where I get 8-10 calls around the country a day also include your address contact ph# and what machines you can work on like what jukeboxes ,cd-45's- seeburg's or or wurlitzer, arcade video games ,pinballs (em(ss) also include how far willing to drive to job and I will call you and let you know opportunities in your area !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Mobile, Alabama

67 months ago

Hey Todd,

Do you ever get any work for the gulf coast area? i.e Mobile, New Orleans, Pensacola and the like?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KngCannon in Huntington Beach, California

67 months ago

todd plotkin in Pompano Beach, Florida said: send me all your information, I own Fixmyarcadegame.com where I get 8-10 calls around the country a day also include your address contact ph# and what machines you can work on like what jukeboxes ,cd-45's- seeburg's or or wurlitzer, arcade video games ,pinballs (em(ss) also include how far willing to drive to job and I will call you and let you know opportunities in your area !!

Thanks for such a quick reply. I will fill out the info on your website. My name is Matthew Cannon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Barack in Atlanta, Georgia

63 months ago

Donna in Fayetteville, North Carolina said: We had much the same response from him.
NONE!!716

Tom's does not do business anywhere near Fayetteville???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

tjfuji

63 months ago

Jeff Y in Van Buren, Arkansas said: Amusment company in Arkansas looking for experienced tech to maintain and repair video games, redemption, jukeboxes, pool tables, crane, eight liners in return we offer a very generous compensation package, sign on bonus, relocation bonus for the right person please e-mail at jeffyoung29@yahoo.com !!! Thanks

Jeff was online looking for a tech for you and ran across your ad.
Hope all is going well on your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tech23 in Augusta, Georgia

63 months ago

Barack in Atlanta, Georgia said: Tom's does not do business anywhere near Fayetteville???

I know they used to be up here at an old pizza place and bowling alley years ago.
They could never keep employees which I guess is a bad sign
Hucklebucks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

Real Tech in Willis, Texas

63 months ago

I was in that line of work in the late seventies in Springfield, Mo. and Wichita Kansas. The place in Wichita was called United Distributors, on Seneca st..
I have recently seen postings for these type positions in Houston and I think San Antonio. I believe they are listen on the Texas state work force sight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CiCiman in Columbus, Georgia

60 months ago

tech23 in Augusta, Georgia said: I know they used to be up here at an old pizza place and bowling alley years ago.
They could never keep employees which I guess is a bad sign
Hucklebucks!!

What comes around goes around...
They are losing their shirts down here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

todd plotkin in Pompano Beach, Florida

59 months ago

WHAT CATEGORY IS PAY ? I have been in business sine 1982 and can reprogram games to just about anything else troubshooting ! What am I looking at just regular technician job pay ????? Or maybe Head of all technicians and little higher standard basis in pay ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

N Bushnell in Boynton Beach, Florida

52 months ago

i'm a high level pinball and arcade technician, with 12 years in the business. i don't need a bunch of !!!! or ????. will answer questions whenever they come across.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

syndie loo in cottonwood, Arizona

47 months ago

Hi, im looking for a tech in my area that can fix my Midway Crusin usa driving arcade game.....it stopped working a few months ago. When i power it on it would turn on for 10 sec. and then turn to a green computer screen, now it is just a blank screen...Please e-mail me if you can fix it. thanks syndie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

charlie in Harlingen, Texas

36 months ago

need help with ajusting 8 liner machines

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Myles Brunnegraff in Houston, Texas

30 months ago

I am looking for a full time game technician to maintain a 150+ game room. If you are interested and would like more information please email me at mbrunnegraff@itzusa.com.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ravi Mirchandani in Bridgetown, Barbados

27 months ago

N Bushnell in Boynton Beach, Florida said: i'm a high level pinball and arcade technician, with 12 years in the business . i don't need a bunch of !!!! or ????. will answer questions whenever they come across.

Would you come to Barbados for a few days and fix some games for me ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ravi Mirchandani in Bridgetown, Barbados

27 months ago

Would you come to Barbados and fix a few games for me ? ravi@caribnet.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.