Can't find a Job in Electronics

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

teddy in Garfield, New Jersey

52 months ago

I finished Technical School in April. My certification are in Fiber Optics(FOA), Electronics Systems Associate Level-1(ISCET), and Electronics Systems Associate Level-4. Every job I look at is asking for 2 or more years experience. How can you gain experience when no one will hire you because you don't have enough in the first place? How do you find a job as an Electronics Technician or in a similar field with no experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Scatcat in Beaverton, Oregon

51 months ago

You might need to find a job to start out as an test technician the work form their. I do not know how good the Electronics business is in NJ you may need to relocate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Athens, Georgia

45 months ago

I know it doesn't sound like a great idea for everyone, but the military is always looking for technicians, and they train them themselves so they don't ask for any prior experience, nor even schooling in electronics. I can tell you from experience that military experience stands out above many other types of job experience, as employers know that they can expect a diligent and disciplined worker in addition to a knowledgable one. i do not however reccommend pushing yourself into the military just for a job, because it is a very exacting environment that takes considerable committment and effort, so one really needs more than just the promise of a better job to succeed. But if the military appeals to you anyway, this could be a good option

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Palos Verdes Peninsula, California

44 months ago

Andrew in Athens, Georgia said: I know it doesn't sound like a great idea for everyone, but the military is always looking for technicians, and they train them themselves so they don't ask for any prior experience, nor even schooling in electronics. I can tell you from experience that military experience stands out above many other types of job experience, as employers know that they can expect a diligent and disciplined worker in addition to a knowledgable one. i do not however reccommend pushing yourself into the military just for a job, because it is a very exacting environment that takes considerable committment and effort, so one really needs more than just the promise of a better job to succeed. But if the military appeals to you anyway, this could be a good option

I agree with you.
Especially these techs make 90K+ right away.
Last time I looked [1yr ago] they wanted techs in Edwards military base, CA
Relocate. Better climate - better pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

irene in Newnan, Georgia

30 months ago

teddy in Garfield, New Jersey said: I finished Technical School in April. My certification are in Fiber Optics(FOA), Electronics Systems Associate Level-1(ISCET), and Electronics Systems Associate Level-4. Every job I look at is asking for 2 or more years experience. How can you gain experience when no one will hire you because you don't have enough in the first place? How do you find a job as an Electronics Technician or in a similar field with no experience?

How did you get an FOA certification. I am going to take the Electronics Technician course but interested in Fiber as a cable technician.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

noble in Hillsborough, New Jersey

12 months ago

teddy in Garfield, New Jersey said: I finished Technical School in April. My certification are in Fiber Optics(FOA), Electronics Systems Associate Level-1(ISCET), and Electronics Systems Associate Level-4. Every job I look at is asking for 2 or more years experience. How can you gain experience when no one will hire you because you don't have enough in the first place? How do you find a job as an Electronics Technician or in a similar field with no experience?

what school did you attend. I am considering Lincoln techs e.s.t. program....what are you thoughts on it and the field in general? thank you....noble.kargbo@gmial.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.