Electronic Technician jobs in West Virginia

Comments (3)

Roy Snyder in Fairmont, West Virginia

70 months ago

I have an AS in Electronic Engineering Technologies with over 11 years experiance and 8 years military experiance in Communications technologies. I have been laid off from three jobs in the last 3 years because of lack of work, loss of contracts and so forth. Now i have been putting out applications everyday, all over the country and local, with no hits what so ever. Any ideas on what it will take to get a job in this field that will last? I have even put in for a job as an electronic technician that has been advertised for a large pharmicutical company for the last 4 years on and off and i cant even get an interview.

Rightsiderex in Portland, Oregon

70 months ago

Fist I would find somebody at your local employment office to go over your resume to say if there is any problems. If the area is dying, I would look into relocating. Also,look for fedral defense work, shipyards or Navseasysytems assuming if your are close to Norfolk Virginia.

John Doe in Point Pleasant, West Virginia

68 months ago

Roy Snyder in Fairmont, West Virginia said: I have an AS in Electronic Engineering Technologies with over 11 years experiance and 8 years military experiance in Communications technologies. I have been laid off from three jobs in the last 3 years because of lack of work, loss of contracts and so forth. Now i have been putting out applications everyday, all over the country and local, with no hits what so ever. Any ideas on what it will take to get a job in this field that will last? I have even put in for a job as an electronic technician that has been advertised for a large pharmicutical company for the last 4 years on and off and i cant even get an interview.

What is your local electric utility company? Goto their website and apply. That's what I did after being laid off after working 10 years at Alcatel Lucent. I felt hopeless for a short time, but when I applied and got hired, I found out there were alot of people retiring and they need replacements. Keep applying. A friend of mine went through 6 interviews with the company before finally being hired. Persistance pays off. Good luck to you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.