Electronic Technician jobs in West Virginia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Roy Snyder in Fairmont, West Virginia

61 months ago

I have an AS in Electronic Engineering Technologies with over 11 years experiance and 8 years military experiance in Communications technologies. I have been laid off from three jobs in the last 3 years because of lack of work, loss of contracts and so forth. Now i have been putting out applications everyday, all over the country and local, with no hits what so ever. Any ideas on what it will take to get a job in this field that will last? I have even put in for a job as an electronic technician that has been advertised for a large pharmicutical company for the last 4 years on and off and i cant even get an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rightsiderex in Portland, Oregon

61 months ago

Fist I would find somebody at your local employment office to go over your resume to say if there is any problems. If the area is dying, I would look into relocating. Also,look for fedral defense work, shipyards or Navseasysytems assuming if your are close to Norfolk Virginia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John Doe in Point Pleasant, West Virginia

59 months ago

Roy Snyder in Fairmont, West Virginia said: I have an AS in Electronic Engineering Technologies with over 11 years experiance and 8 years military experiance in Communications technologies. I have been laid off from three jobs in the last 3 years because of lack of work, loss of contracts and so forth. Now i have been putting out applications everyday, all over the country and local, with no hits what so ever. Any ideas on what it will take to get a job in this field that will last? I have even put in for a job as an electronic technician that has been advertised for a large pharmicutical company for the last 4 years on and off and i cant even get an interview.

What is your local electric utility company? Goto their website and apply. That's what I did after being laid off after working 10 years at Alcatel Lucent. I felt hopeless for a short time, but when I applied and got hired, I found out there were alot of people retiring and they need replacements. Keep applying. A friend of mine went through 6 interviews with the company before finally being hired. Persistance pays off. Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.