Electronics Technician Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Robert Pike in Tualatin, Oregon

57 months ago

I am an unemployed Elctronics Technician in Tualatin, Oregon.
I have about 30 years experience in electronics. I am looking for work in the greater Portland area. I am interested in any tips on openings or career development.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scatcat in Beaverton, Oregon

56 months ago

Sounds like you are in my shoes. The problem is age discrimination and all manufacturing business going out of town. Things will be tight and competitive. Right now temping for Intel can help pay the bill but it not a sure thing. You got to ask if you want a job or stay in Portland, if it a job, sell the house, pack the car and get out of Oregon. This no time to put down roots.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert Pike in Tualatin, Oregon

56 months ago

Good luck leaving Oregon. I am afraid my roots are too deep to move. I recently acquired a reverse mortgage on my home witch means I no longed have to make a mortgage for as long as I live. I also took early retirement so I no longer have to work. I prefer to work, but I will use my time to become more self sufficient if I don't find work. In 2006 I already sold the house, packed the car with my adult kids, and got out of California (before the next riots). This spring I will be planting a garden to help offset the increasing cost of food. To recover from the great recession there must be a rebirth of American Manufacturing. Either a sustainable energy infrastructure will be created or things will continue to decline. If you want a glimpse of a likely future read the novel "World Made By Hand" by James Howard Kunstler

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

this_is_mylife@yahoo.com in Algiers, Algeria

52 months ago

It is a good chance for the graduated students here in Algeria,so thanks for every body in this great company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.