Is There a secret?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Eric Dukes in Virginia Beach, Virginia

25 months ago

Hello all, I'm an Electronic Technician 1st class retiring from the Navy. I've worked primarily on communications from receivers, transmitters, transceivers to message distribution computers along with a couple of other electronic systems. I have an Associates in Electronic Technology and Vocational education. I've also retained a clearance and it seems like I am having a hard time on the job search front. Is there a secret to the search that I am missing? I've put my resume out on every job board and company I can think of. Just curious if I missing a step. Any input would be greatly appreciated. dukes1961@cox.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Steven Short in corpus christi, Texas

20 months ago

Check out Raytheon, specifically ROTHR. I got in on it in Texas and they are a great company.

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

20 months ago

GE Healthcare

Keyword: Biomedical Technician

stoltedog in Jacksonville, Florida

4 months ago

Eric Dukes in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: Hello all, I'm an Electronic Technician 1st class retiring from the Navy. I've worked primarily on communications from receivers, transmitters, transceivers to message distribution computers along with a couple of other electronic systems. I have an Associates in Electronic Technology and Vocational education . I've also retained a clearance and it seems like I am having a hard time on the job search front. Is there a secret to the search that I am missing? I've put my resume out on every job board and company I can think of. Just curious if I missing a step. Any input would be greatly appreciated. dukes1961@cox.net

Sad as it sounds, it is often who you know that can get you in the door. be willing to take your basic skills and proven ability to adapt and look at related but not exactly the same fields. If you are sharp as you sound you can make a modest leap, and the skill set you acquired wont be exactly what the civilian world wants. but you can do it. just be confident and do your homework.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.