Navy ET close to retirement

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Timothy Dunbar in Norfolk, Virginia

44 months ago

I am quickly approaching a 20 year retirement from the Navy (18 more months). How successful were any of you, that were in a similar situation, in getting a job in the Norfolk, VA area? Did rank hurt your chances with some companies (E6 or E7)? How big a part does a security clearance play into it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

army8792 in Bradenton, Florida

38 months ago

Timothy Dunbar in Norfolk, Virginia said: I am quickly approaching a 20 year retirement from the Navy (18 more months). How successful were any of you, that were in a similar situation, in getting a job in the Norfolk, VA area? Did rank hurt your chances with some companies (E6 or E7)? How big a part does a security clearance play into it?

I retired with 22 years as an E7 in PMEL. Although I had 140 college hours in engineering but no degree my experience was I was over qualified for the position or unfortunately the position called for a degree. No one asked me if I was willingly to start as a trainee. Civilian wages suck unless you get into management. You need to be a super tech with some senority in the outfit to get $20 hourly before taxes and deductions. Security clearance only matters if you are hired by a DOD contractor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mlangan@connectionrecruiting.com in Norfolk, Virginia

37 months ago

Hello my name is Matt Langan and I am a recruiter for Connection Recruiting and I am looking for military members that have an electronic background for a company that have various positions throughout the US. It is a field service position. I was wondering if you knew of someone that is looking for employment or maybe yourself may be interested. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a good day.

Matt Langan
Connection Recruiting
mlangan@connectionrecruiting.com

David

36 months ago

Timothy,

I am a field service engineer with GE Healthcare repairing high-end medical equipment. They are a great company to work for with an awesome benefits / retirement package. We have a bunch of electronics techs that are ex military in our group. I was in the Air Force before joining GE.

Good Luck,
David

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Moses Tetteh in Accra, Ghana

36 months ago

mlangan@connectionrecruiting.com in Norfolk, Virginia said: Hello my name is Matt Langan and I am a recruiter for Connection Recruiting and I am looking for military members that have an electronic background for a company that have various positions throughout the US. It is a field service position. I was wondering if you knew of someone that is looking for employment or maybe yourself may be interested. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a good day.

Matt Langan
Connection Recruiting
mlangan@connectionrecruiting.com

i want to work with you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Moses Tetteh in Accra, Ghana

36 months ago

i fine this site in the net today and i will be happy to know more about and i will like to work with you

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.