electronics technicians association ETA-I

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

benjamin cross in Oakley, California

58 months ago

I am currently fresh out of the navy, and can't seem to get any call backs, or interviews for jobs. my duties in the military were as an aviation electronics technician. I have 5 1/2 years of military experience working with radar transmitters, and am very familiar with necessary testing equipment. such as Digital Multimeter, O-scope, Counter Timer, Synchro Simulator, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, and Network Analyzer.

my question is are certifications from the electronics technicians association (ETA-i), or the international society of certified electronics technicians (ISCET) worth getting? are they regarded respectably by possible employers or just trash?

any help on this subject would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hello Benjamin in Brockton, Massachusetts

57 months ago

An AS or BS would be better. I did 20 years as an ET and have been thru 4 jobs and at the moment am unemployed. Tough situation. I live here in Massachusetts and jobs here are drying up quickly. What does it look like out in Californina?
Gary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

turqb1 in Waldorf, Maryland

55 months ago

benjamin cross in Oakley, California said: I am currently fresh out of the navy, and can't seem to get any call backs, or interviews for jobs. my duties in the military were as an aviation electronics technician. I have 5 1/2 years of military experience working with radar transmitters, and am very familiar with necessary testing equipment. such as Digital Multimeter, O-scope, Counter Timer, Synchro Simulator, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, and Network Analyzer.

my question is are certifications from the electronics technicians association (ETA-i), or the international society of certified electronics technicians (ISCET) worth getting? are they regarded respectably by possible employers or just trash?

any help on this subject would be appreciated.

Try Arcata.com - they contract to Northup Grumman and need Radar and Electronic Warfare techs to update and maintain ground systems used to train pilots

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hmatteer in Accra, Ghana

38 months ago

I will like to become your member by learning and knowing more about electronics servicing, i am a master craftman electronics technician in Ghana.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.