looking for employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Michael Weaver in Saint Louis, Missouri

94 months ago

I have an AS in electonic engineering with no experience and can't find a job in the St.louis area. Any suggestions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

94 months ago

Have you considered doing an internship or working part-time to build on your experience?

I would also suggest networking. When you do a job search on Indeed, take a look at the lefthand refinement margin. There you will find the most popular job titles, locations, companies and so on, related to your search. Try to meet some people in the companies listed here. Also build a profile on social networking sites like LinkedIn and Ryze. Once you build a profile you can start inviting people to your network and start doing searches for people who may be able to help you in your job search. You'll also find direct links to these sites when you click on the "more actions" link located on the bottom line of each job listing on Indeed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Hayward, California

93 months ago

There are few opportunities out here and with many of the California Electronic tech jobs seen going to overseas operations.

For you with little or no experience you are competing with me and others with 10, 20+ years experience. Remember the industry has many specialized positions out there and a general electronic education is will only get you into a job if "you are in the right place at the right time".

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chuck in Saint Louis, Missouri

87 months ago

Electronics in St Louis appears to be a dying field.
There are a few openings, in most cases with limited pay scales.
But absolutely certin you get things in writing IF the company is not one of the larger ones, like Beoing, Basler or the like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tonya Ingram in Detroit, Michigan

87 months ago

Michael Weaver in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I have an AS in electonic engineering with no experience and can't find a job in the St.louis area. Any suggestions
Try going to the school
where you got your degree and see if they have jobs available or see if they are having a job fair

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Neenah, Wisconsin

84 months ago

You need to move. With a good number of these type of jobs vacating overseas, I would suggest finding a good contract manufacturer. You will find that companies that find it to be of no benefit to move certain product overseas will instead farm it out to a domestic contract manufacturer, to save cost that way. I left OEM and went contract manufacturer 6 years ago. Best thing I ever did for my career!!

Scott Kelley in Petoskey, Michigan

83 months ago

Move

wally in North Babylon, New York

74 months ago

i;m a tech with no experience and i;m looking to start somewhere i have an as in industrial electronic

any suggestion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angel in San Antonio, Texas

66 months ago

Michael Weaver in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I have an AS in electonic engineering with no experience and can't find a job in the St.louis area. Any suggestions

There is an ARMY base in Macon GA that is hiring. Starting pay is about $25.00 hour. Look them up on the internet or email me for my sisters email and she can get that for you. aokbrien@yahoo.com
Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pieter in MosselBay, South Africa

59 months ago

I am a qualified electronic technician with National diploma in electronic engineering(T3)(light current)and 6 years experience.I would like an opportunity to work for a any Oil and Gas co. but do not have any experience in oil & gas. How do I go about getting there? All the jobs advertised requires experience. Please help.

aokbrien in San Antonio, Texas

59 months ago

Valero.com is a good place to start. Request info from the person recieving your application. Include why interest in oil&gas. Corpus and Pourtsmouth hire for these positions also.

Scatcatpdx in Beaverton, Oregon

51 months ago

naser ebrahimpour

Unless you qualafy as a political refugee not a chance.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.