Can I be an aeronautical engineer with this schooling???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Ella in Elkton, Virginia

71 months ago

My dream is to be an airplane or (ultimate dream) a spacecraft engineer, so I decided to go to Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology since I didn't get into MIT.

They don't have an Aerospace major, so I decided to major in Mechanical Engineering and do their concentration program for Aerospace.

This school is #1 in Mechanical engineering for private schools in the US. Am I on the right track? I just want to know if what I'm doing is going to help me fulfill my dream.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jobhunter in Gilbert, Arizona

71 months ago

That's what I did. I've worked at Northrop/Grumman, Boeing and Orbital Science Corp. with an M.E. degree. ANY four year degree from an ACCREDITED university can assist you to become a new hire candidate. Be sure to join a club or team at your school, like the EcoCAR challenge, to put on your resume and you can explain your roll for the team's success. Will you exhibit good managerial skills, analytical skills or design skills. Can you work in a team environment? Are you to shy to present your ideas to the group? Will you ride roughshod over everybody else's idea. Future employers will care more about these things than your exact major.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.