enrollment counselor qualifications

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

ltank in Georgetown, Texas

85 months ago

i want to become an enrollment counselor....what degree would i need? and job experience? ltank

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Amivi Roley

83 months ago

I am about to interview for a position of an enrollment counselor for a major unversity, what are some of the qualifications required? I am coming from a maketing and consumer products promotion background

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AzCounselor in Mesa, Arizona

82 months ago

What kind of degree do you need? Marketing, Sales, anything that shows you are good with people. Just so its clear, Enrollment Counselor is typically only responsible for getting the student into school and maybe the first couple weeks or so. It will vary from school to school. After that initial period, responsibility for the student's guidance is handled by an Academic Adviser. There's high pressure to get the students enrolled and help the school be successful, but also stay within legal guidelines set by the Federal Government that forbid counselors to be rewarded monetarily based on the number of students they enroll. I'm in my second position as an Enrollment Counselor. I hated the first school, but love the school I'm at now and want to stay here as long as I can. MAKE SURE you are applying at a school with a good reputation and well known for its integrity. You'll sleep much better at night.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Tares Figueroa in Mesa, Arizona

75 months ago

forgive me, but... That response is stereo-typical to what an under-performer has to say - and you know it. I have been in the industry for over 4yrs and spent 2.5 at the institution he speaks of. They are all good, and you have to be good on the phone and a real sales person. The degree will not make any difference. If you use effective ( not affective) conversation, technique and method you will excel. I'm living proof of it, and I have trained many top performers. 6 months to 1.5 years your still learning.

Anyway, if you want real advice, help and training contact me personally.

I'm not afraid to put my name up here; industry people know who I am.

Take care and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.