Getting an Escrow Assistant job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

How did you get your start doing Escrow Assistant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Terry Waits in Plano, Texas

81 months ago

I am very interested in this type of position. I have been in new home sales for the last 8 years and looking for a change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DE in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing Escrow Assistant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

I started working for a friend that owns a Mortgage Company in 1997 and worked as a Loan processor then eventually moved up as a Loan Officer. I have a very curious mind so as a Loan Officer I obviously work very closely with Escrow/Title Companies. I got curious on how an escrow company function so I applied as a receptionist. Within a month I was given the opportunity for hands on experience opening files, then processing, then HUD-1 preparation, then title policy and then conducting settlements. In 2.5 years I was promoted as a Director of Operations. I opened a couple of escrow offices for my previous CEO in the state of Virgnia. I suggest if you are a career minded individual and would like to start a career in a new industry (any type). Start from the bottom (regardless of the starting pay rate….Look at it as a good investment) and work your way up. You have a better chance to provide an outstanding result as a Manager if you know how companies fully function. The best way to know how a department works is to have the hands on experience. Even from the smallest department (i.e. reception area) you can learn about the company. In fact the front desk is where you can find a lot of activities.

Oh to answer your question regarding the license. It depends on what you are looking to do. If you are doing title processing then NO you do not need a license. As long as you are NOT signing the title commitments and policies. If you are conducting settlements (closings) in some state they require and individual settlement agent to have a license. In some states they don't. As long as you are a notary and your employer is licensed (which they require to be to open a title company business) then you can conduct a settlement. Some state requires an Attorney to conduct t

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

slueken in Hemet, California

62 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing Escrow Assistant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

I started in Escrow as a temp through Apple One as a receptionist. I have been in the business for the past 8 years. I have since become a Jr. Escrow Officer / Assistant I am a hard worker and would love to continue in the business. Any education is good education, there is something new to learn everyday!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

oigres in Concord, California

25 months ago

DE in Las Vegas, Nevada said:

I appreciate your use of industry vocab in your response. Very helpful. I have an opportunity to become an escrow assistant but I have no experience, although I have audited contracts in other industries. Could you recommend any good reading material or websites where I can learn more? Or can I contact you and pick your brain briefly?

nancybaugh49@gmail.com in Temecula, California

21 months ago

slueken in Hemet, California said: I started in Escrow as a temp through Apple One as a receptionist. I have been in the business for the past 8 years. I have since become a Jr. Escrow Officer / Assistant I am a hard worker and would love to continue in the business. Any education is good education, there is something new to learn everyday!

Can you tell me if you took any escrow classes from an escrow school. I'm a realtor but want to transition into escrow. Maybe I should call Apple One

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.