Esthetician Jobs Forum

Current Discussions (858) - Start a Discussion

wife2mikejh in Marion, South Carolina

Updated 19 months ago

Mentor - 3 Replies

I am very enthusiastic about starting my training soon and being on my way to getting my license. I have so many questions and don't really know any...

wife2mikejh in Marion, South Carolina

Kits at your School

Hey everyone! I signed up today with Miller Motte Technical College to start the Esthetician program in Jan. There's is 9 months and the school has...

experience the majic in Boca Raton, Florida

Updated 19 months ago

european estheticians vs. american estheticians - 46 Replies

i have been practicing esthetics for the past three years and i have just recently run into a situation where the salon i booth rent space in was ...

Lindsay in Scottsdale, Arizona

esthetician/cosmetic laser technician

Hi all! I will be attending SWINA in Tempe, AZ this December. I would love to hear about your experience there if anyone is attending. Hope I picked...

lalagirl in Smyrna, Georgia

Brazilian Waxing

Ok, here it goes.... I recently decided to use my Esty license after being out of school for one year. I was a medical assistant for 20 years and...

tammie in Arlington, Texas

Updated 21 months ago

Starting Small - 83 Replies

I've recently decided to start doing aesthetics indpendently. I plan to rent a room in a medical building or established salon, working as my own...

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

Updated 21 months ago

Quality Esthetician Schools in Orlando, Florida? - 122 Replies

I am trying to find out what esthetician programs in Orlando are the best. There is an Aveda Institute, which is known for being a great program,...

Myriam in Dallas, Texas

What Advice can you give a New Esthetician working at her first Spa.

Hello Everyone. So I just started at a new spa this week as a Esthetician. Its been a little overwhelming for me because this job is Commission based...

Stylist-To-Be in Charleston, South Carolina

Updated 22 months ago

Esthetician job outlook improving? - 8 Replies

I am 25 years old and just lost my wage minimum job. I was thinking of going to esthetician school. I do not have any savings so I would need to get...

Saeed Hamid in Naperville, Illinois

Releasing Beta Soon, Need Users, First 40 Free

Hi :) I'm almost done with the Beta version of spatherapist.org. It will be a real time reservation management app for Spa Therapists. A key feature...

carsonandgray@yahoo.com in Oakland, California

Updated 23 months ago

No Experience? - 18 Replies

I'm looking for a position in North Carolina (license is transferring) but am running into "Sorry, you don't have experience." So how do I get...

Rosie in Jackson, Mississippi

Medical anesthetican

Where is there a school to become a anesthetican In the jackson area .. Can not find a local school If anyone knows of a school please help me to...

liliya lendel in Portland, Oregon

Updated 23 months ago

Licensed Esthetician - 2 Replies

I would like some help with writing my resume. i jsut got my Esthetician lisence this week, and I don't know how to incorporate my training. i would...

src@spabizboard in San Rafael, California

Updated 23 months ago

Esthetician community? - 3 Replies

Is there a website or forum specifically for estheticians? Indeed is great, but there are not very many of us on here. It would be great to find a...

src@spabizboard in San Rafael, California

Updated 23 months ago

Question to current Estheticians - 2 Replies

To those that currently work as an esthetician, can you tell me what kind of personality is best suited to be an esthetician? Is it better to be...

Itx in Seattle, Washington

Examination in Pittsburgh

hello, after many years, I have my test next week in Pittsburgh, I studied in Paris and I had to make many valid paperwork for my studies, I am very...

shdinoceanside@gmail.com in Oceanside, California

Updated 24 months ago

Enrolling in School Soon--Basic Esthetician or the "Master" Esthetitcian License? - 3 Replies

The school I'm looking at (Bellus Academy in San Diego) offers a program for basic esthetics and a program for master esthetics. The master program...

Katiebeegee in Springfield, Pennsylvania

Medical Esthetician Questions

Hi everyone, I have gone through a lot of the posts on this board to get as much info as possible so as not to repeat any already asked and answered...

AH in Columbia, Missouri

room rent

What is a fair rate for renting a space in a salon? I will be doing makeup, facial waxing and eyelash extensions (they are my biggest clientele) as...

HP in Austin, Texas

Esthetician Training in Austin, TX

Hi everyone! I am considering a career as an esthetician in Austin, TX and have been researching the local schools. I have called a lot of the...

Mandy in Birmingham, Alabama

Updated 24 months ago

Aveda certification - 1 Reply

I'm a newly licensed esthetic student in Austin Texas. Does anyone know if it's possible to get Aveda certified without completing the entire...

tina in Darien, Illinois

Updated 24 months ago

Resume - 245 Replies

Help, I'm new to the beauty industry and I have to put a resume together. I passed state board in Nov. 07 Does anyone have a template for an...

lovebitesandbruises in Colorado

Updated 24 months ago

Moving Esthetician. - 1 Reply

I have a couple of questions. I have been looking into going to school for esthetics, but my fiance is more then likely going to join the military,...

ptva in Falls Church, Virginia

best aesthetics/esthetics schools in DC or Chicago

I've looked online and I haven't seen any recent reviews for the schools I am considering: G skin & beauty institute, Aveda (DC or Chicago) or Pivot...

Tlee in Pearland, Texas

Updated 25 months ago

Esthetician Test in TX - 4 Replies

I was a licensed esthetician in Chicago. I moved to TX two months ago and need help with the test!! I'm not sure where to start from or how to study....

tomboy-ish in San Diego, California

Is it just me, or are the majority of female estheticians/cosmetologists superficial and catty?

Hi, I've recently been considering going to esthetician school to obtain my license. I am passionate about skincare and helping people, and I feel...

SammiBee in Nampa, Idaho

Updated 26 months ago

Question for Estheticians - 1 Reply

What actual skin conditions can an esthetician treat in your State?

jenclark1978 in Austin, Texas

Updated 26 months ago

Success as an esthetician....it's attainable! - 12 Replies

As with any career, those who are struggling will always be the most vocal. But don't necessarily believe all of the naysayers. There are LOTS of...

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

Updated 26 months ago

Online esthetician school? - 26 Replies

Is there a such thing?

ayo33 in Miami, Florida

Questions about Esthetician Career in Miami

Hello, I am in Miami, FL, and am looking into going to school to be an esthetician. I have a ton of questions, but will try to keep them brief. ...

Aswat92 in Fresh meadows, New York

Help!!!

Hi, I'm a new licensed esthetician. My question is that I want to have my own mini spa at home and just do facials and waxing. But, do I need to have...

ms molly in Ashland, Oregon

Updated 26 months ago

My first spa job and how do I search for a job after this mess? - 2 Replies

I need some advice from other professionals on how my last job will be explained when I am looking for a new one. This was my first spa experience...

meggem in Los Angeles, California

Comedone Extractors

Is it legal to use a comedone extractor in Calif? Does anyone know where I can get the current laws in Calif for estheticians?

Hana in Summerville, South Carolina

Updated 26 months ago

Does anyone know of a good line of facial peels?? - 6 Replies

I carry the Dermalogica skin care line, but they really don't have peels and I was wanting to start doing facial peels. What is a good line to look...

janequinn12 in Anonymous Proxy

Updated 27 months ago

Esthetician or Nail Technician - 1 Reply

I am considering a career change. I am looking into either becoming an Esthetician/Makeup Artist or a Nail Technician. I have already spoke with...

Laraskincare in San Francisco, California

Want to work abroad in Italy..Getting Cidesco certified

I have 9 years experience working as an esthetician and currently have a succesful growing business of my own. I can't fight this urge to work abroad...

South Bay in Chino, California

Rental agreement

Hi everyone! I have been scouting several locations in my town,(Glendale, CA) and I found that nail, hair salons gladly offer me a room, we discuss...

Kcalvin in San Diego, California

Reciprocity from California to South Carolina

I was wonderding if someone knows what is required to become licensed as an esthetician in South Carolina if you are already licensed in California....

KaleiaV in Omaha, Nebraska

How much does a wax technician make?

Just wandering if anyone knows how much wax technicians get paid? It'd be especially helpful if someone specifically knew the pay in the Southern...

Oasisgirl85 in San Francisco, California

Is CIDESCO worth for employment in SF and would be able to move to europe and work?

Hi there! I am about to look into the Cinta Aveda school in san francisco and it has CIDESCO. I wonder if it is worth it for me to get certification...

KaleiaV in Omaha, Nebraska

Estheticians in San Diego?

Wandering if there are any Estheticians on the forum that are located in San Diego? I am moving back in about 4 months and am wandering what the...

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

Updated 28 months ago

I've waited so long to start working, I feel like I have zero knowledge of skin care anymore. Where do I start? - 1 Reply

I finished school in late 2008 but didn't get my esthetician license until the beginning of 2010. I searched for jobs the entire year and finally got...

Rocio Romero in New York, New York

Updated 28 months ago

Licensed Aesthetician willing to work for free but no one is responding. - 2 Replies

I have been trying to get a job as a Medispa, Dermatology or plastic surgery office working for free but no one is showing interest. I graduated...

Courtney in San Jose, California

Updated 28 months ago

Resume Help - 90 Replies

I am a licensed Esthetician and own my own business. I also enjoy helping newly licensed estheticians with their resume, business cards, and service...

Bani in Plano, Texas

How to prepare for the Esthetician Written and Practical Exam ?

Any suggestions on how to pass the board exams in Texas. How to start the preparation for Esthetician License written and practical exam. I have out...

Christie in Brandon, Florida

Updated 28 months ago

Skin Care School around the Tampa, FL area - 11 Replies

Hello all you skin care and beauty lovers! Can anyone recommend a thorough and respected esthtician school near the Tampa area? I have called many...

src@spabizboard in Mill Valley, California

CA Board of Cosmo meeting is this Friday (1/11/13) in Sacramento

Here is a link to the location and agenda: http://www.barbercosmo.ca.gov/about_us/meetings/meeting_calendar.shtml It would be great if any...

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

Updated 29 months ago

Is it easier to become a medical esthetician if you have a medical background ? - 1 Reply

I know medical esthetician is not a legal term , but I would like to know if it is easier to work in a physicians office as an esthetician if you...

Mrs J in Charlotte, North Carolina

Esthetician

Hello everyone happy new year, I live in Charlotte and I am looking for something for a part time job. And I am thinking to go for as a Esthetician...

Tanya in Plano, Texas

Updated 29 months ago

CIDESCO Certified Esthetician from Seoul, Korea - transferable to US or Virginia Esthetician License? - 4 Replies

Hello, I am a CIDESCO certified Esthetician from Seoul, Korea and am trying to find out if my license is tranferable to a Virginia or DC...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.