Esthetician Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (877) - Start a Discussion

lovebitesandbruises in Colorado

Updated 37 months ago

Moving Esthetician. - 1 Reply

I have a couple of questions. I have been looking into going to school for esthetics, but my fiance is more then likely going to join the military,...

ptva in Falls Church, Virginia

best aesthetics/esthetics schools in DC or Chicago

I've looked online and I haven't seen any recent reviews for the schools I am considering: G skin & beauty institute, Aveda (DC or Chicago) or Pivot...

Tlee in Pearland, Texas

Updated 37 months ago

Esthetician Test in TX - 4 Replies

I was a licensed esthetician in Chicago. I moved to TX two months ago and need help with the test!! I'm not sure where to start from or how to study....

tomboy-ish in San Diego, California

Is it just me, or are the majority of female estheticians/cosmetologists superficial and catty?

Hi, I've recently been considering going to esthetician school to obtain my license. I am passionate about skincare and helping people, and I feel...

SammiBee in Nampa, Idaho

Updated 38 months ago

Question for Estheticians - 1 Reply

What actual skin conditions can an esthetician treat in your State?

jenclark1978 in Austin, Texas

Updated 38 months ago

Success as an esthetician....it's attainable! - 12 Replies

As with any career, those who are struggling will always be the most vocal. But don't necessarily believe all of the naysayers. There are LOTS of...

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

Updated 38 months ago

Online esthetician school? - 26 Replies

Is there a such thing?

ayo33 in Miami, Florida

Questions about Esthetician Career in Miami

Hello, I am in Miami, FL, and am looking into going to school to be an esthetician. I have a ton of questions, but will try to keep them brief. ...

Aswat92 in Fresh meadows, New York

Help!!!

Hi, I'm a new licensed esthetician. My question is that I want to have my own mini spa at home and just do facials and waxing. But, do I need to have...

ms molly in Ashland, Oregon

Updated 38 months ago

My first spa job and how do I search for a job after this mess? - 2 Replies

I need some advice from other professionals on how my last job will be explained when I am looking for a new one. This was my first spa experience...

meggem in Los Angeles, California

Comedone Extractors

Is it legal to use a comedone extractor in Calif? Does anyone know where I can get the current laws in Calif for estheticians?

Hana in Summerville, South Carolina

Updated 38 months ago

Does anyone know of a good line of facial peels?? - 6 Replies

I carry the Dermalogica skin care line, but they really don't have peels and I was wanting to start doing facial peels. What is a good line to look...

janequinn12 in Anonymous Proxy

Updated 39 months ago

Esthetician or Nail Technician - 1 Reply

I am considering a career change. I am looking into either becoming an Esthetician/Makeup Artist or a Nail Technician. I have already spoke with...

Laraskincare in San Francisco, California

Want to work abroad in Italy..Getting Cidesco certified

I have 9 years experience working as an esthetician and currently have a succesful growing business of my own. I can't fight this urge to work abroad...

South Bay in Chino, California

Rental agreement

Hi everyone! I have been scouting several locations in my town,(Glendale, CA) and I found that nail, hair salons gladly offer me a room, we discuss...

Kcalvin in San Diego, California

Reciprocity from California to South Carolina

I was wonderding if someone knows what is required to become licensed as an esthetician in South Carolina if you are already licensed in California....

KaleiaV in Omaha, Nebraska

How much does a wax technician make?

Just wandering if anyone knows how much wax technicians get paid? It'd be especially helpful if someone specifically knew the pay in the Southern...

Oasisgirl85 in San Francisco, California

Is CIDESCO worth for employment in SF and would be able to move to europe and work?

Hi there! I am about to look into the Cinta Aveda school in san francisco and it has CIDESCO. I wonder if it is worth it for me to get certification...

KaleiaV in Omaha, Nebraska

Estheticians in San Diego?

Wandering if there are any Estheticians on the forum that are located in San Diego? I am moving back in about 4 months and am wandering what the...

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

Updated 40 months ago

I've waited so long to start working, I feel like I have zero knowledge of skin care anymore. Where do I start? - 1 Reply

I finished school in late 2008 but didn't get my esthetician license until the beginning of 2010. I searched for jobs the entire year and finally got...

Rocio Romero in New York, New York

Updated 40 months ago

Licensed Aesthetician willing to work for free but no one is responding. - 2 Replies

I have been trying to get a job as a Medispa, Dermatology or plastic surgery office working for free but no one is showing interest. I graduated...

Courtney in San Jose, California

Updated 40 months ago

Resume Help - 90 Replies

I am a licensed Esthetician and own my own business. I also enjoy helping newly licensed estheticians with their resume, business cards, and service...

Bani in Plano, Texas

How to prepare for the Esthetician Written and Practical Exam ?

Any suggestions on how to pass the board exams in Texas. How to start the preparation for Esthetician License written and practical exam. I have out...

Christie in Brandon, Florida

Updated 41 months ago

Skin Care School around the Tampa, FL area - 11 Replies

Hello all you skin care and beauty lovers! Can anyone recommend a thorough and respected esthtician school near the Tampa area? I have called many...

src@spabizboard in Mill Valley, California

CA Board of Cosmo meeting is this Friday (1/11/13) in Sacramento

Here is a link to the location and agenda: http://www.barbercosmo.ca.gov/about_us/meetings/meeting_calendar.shtml It would be great if any...

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

Updated 41 months ago

Is it easier to become a medical esthetician if you have a medical background ? - 1 Reply

I know medical esthetician is not a legal term , but I would like to know if it is easier to work in a physicians office as an esthetician if you...

Mrs J in Charlotte, North Carolina

Esthetician

Hello everyone happy new year, I live in Charlotte and I am looking for something for a part time job. And I am thinking to go for as a Esthetician...

Tanya in Plano, Texas

Updated 41 months ago

CIDESCO Certified Esthetician from Seoul, Korea - transferable to US or Virginia Esthetician License? - 4 Replies

Hello, I am a CIDESCO certified Esthetician from Seoul, Korea and am trying to find out if my license is tranferable to a Virginia or DC...

Caliyah Tran in Omaha, Nebraska

Estheticians in California?

Hi there, I was wandering if there are any Estheticians in California on the forum? I ask because I am a new Esthetician and moving to San Diego in...

src@spabizboard in Sacramento, California

Updated 41 months ago

Choosing the right skin care line. - 1 Reply

I need some advice ...I recently started working at a chiropractic/massage office. The owner hired me to introduce skin treatments, waxing,body...

eliza kay in austin, Texas

What is the best esthetician school in Austin, Texas?

Hi folks, I'm looking into esthetician schools in Austin. Can anyone recommend the best school there, or have any experience with them? The ones I...

elisabeth in San Francisco, California

How to open a spa?

Hello, I'm changing careers, and have always been interested in opening a holistic/healing spa. I worked as a receptionist at an Aveda spa years...

faladdu in Mckinney, Texas

Milady's Standard Fundementals for Esthetics 10th edition

Does anyone have a copy they are willing to sell test? I need the newer edition to study for the TX state.

LIana in Arlington Heights, Illinois

Updated 42 months ago

Am I being unrealistic here? - 42 Replies

I'm planning on starting school in 2 months for an esthiology program at an Aveda Institute. I have always struggled with my own skin (acne) and...

The Facial Room Acne & Skin Care Clinic in La Mirada, California

Updated 43 months ago

Esthetician Insurance - 1 Reply

Does anyone have any suggestions on insurance providers or information about the different options available for esthetician insurance? Thank you!

Lizhsc in Orlando, Florida

Updated 43 months ago

New Esthetician scared & seeking advice.. - 2 Replies

Hello everyone, I'm a brand new esthetician, barely just got out of school and I am pretty terrified. Initially, I was ecstatic to be able to pursue...

TLewis Skin Care in St. Charles, Illinois

Updated 44 months ago

Spa Owners: Suggestions for employee pay plan? - 4 Replies

I run a very small but successful spa esthetic practice in the Chicago suburbs and am considering hiring my first employee. To other spa business...

Le Cadeau in Qatar

Updated 45 months ago

Estheticians in Palm Springs and Las Vegas - 54 Replies

Hi, I am a highly experienced esthetician from LA currently living in Palm Springs. I am finding it extremely difficult to find work which is...

AMW in Lake Worth, Florida

Updated 45 months ago

independent v.s employee - 20 Replies

i have worked as an independent contractor at a day spa fpr three years. on paper i am independent, but the place is run like we are employees. For...

Beekie in Round Rock, Texas

Ulta Estheticians

Hi Everyone I got my esthetics license in Jan this year. I currently work a full time office job, and I'm looking to get out of the corporate...

jj in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 45 months ago

New School open in Downtown Mesa AZ and Total Cost is $5675 - 2 Replies

Academy of Aesthetics & Skin Sciences is a new school open in Mesa. The hours are Mon-Thurs. They are a 650 course with Laser. You should call to...

Kemmi in Springfield, Missouri

Updated 45 months ago

massage vs esthetics - 17 Replies

I work with an esthetician and she is taking people off my schedule and putting them under hers to do deep tissue massages in the state of missouri. ...

pinkhibiscus in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Updated 46 months ago

Need info on CIDESCO esthetician diploma for working on a cruise ship - 5 Replies

I would like to be an esthetician and work on a cruise ship. I was going to attend a school here in my town when I found out that the cruise ships...

GinaHairGirl in Portland, Oregon

Updated 46 months ago

Schools in Portland Oregon - 144 Replies

I have been doing online research and I would like personal feed back as to which school in Portland Oregon offers a great Esthetics program. I am a...

Karina The Esthetician in Austin, Texas

Updated 46 months ago

Continuing education courses on waxing for licensed estheticians in Austin? - 8 Replies

Hi, I'm a licensed esthetician in Austin, TX and I want to get really /really/ good at Brazilian waxes. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to...

kais zer rais in Crève Coeur, Mauritius

Updated 46 months ago

male nail technician? - 4 Replies

dear reader, i am a guy who is seriously thinking about doing a nail tech diploma to switch from my job (completely unrelated field) to this field at...

Miss K in Las Vegas, Nevada

Updated 46 months ago

Las Vegas esthetician avarage salaries. How much? - 2 Replies

Hi, Indeed said $33,000 is average esthetician salaries for job postings in Las Vegas, NV are 16% lower than average esthetician salaries for job...

Ami in Houston, Texas

Updated 46 months ago

How do i show my income in cash tips when applying for housing? - 1 Reply

I am freaking out because I am applying for an affordable housing rental unit. I need to make $33,000 and my print out from the computer at work...

Marypaula in Grayling, Michigan

Updated 46 months ago

Eminence Products - 22 Replies

Does anyone has more info about Eminence Products? I work with this line, but I don't get a lot info from them if I don't go to their classes ($125)....

Jmgoodman1 in Fulshear, Texas

Updated 46 months ago

Getting ahead... - 150 Replies

What is the best training for becoming a hirable esthetician? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.