Academy for Salon Proffesionals in Santa Clara or other Esthetician program near San Jose

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Corinna in Hayward, California

92 months ago

Has anyone gone to this school or know anything about it? Or do you reccomend another esthetician program? I would really appreciate any thoughts. I have a space in a program in Santa Cruz, but will have to wait till March of 08 and I am wanting to start much sooner.
Thanks
Corinna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Leigh57535 in Santa Cruz, California

78 months ago

Corinna in Hayward, California said: Has anyone gone to this school or know anything about it? Or do you reccomend another esthetician program? I would really appreciate any thoughts. I have a space in a program in Santa Cruz, but will have to wait till March of 08 and I am wanting to start much sooner.
Thanks
Corinna

What school did you choose for your esthetician program? I was interested in the Academy for Salon Professional in Santa Clara but am having a difficult time finding reviews.

Does anyone know more information about this school?
Thanks,
Leigh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Estie B in Windsor, California

78 months ago

Ann did have the time, while too busy to check my hours, to check every cosmo students hours and let them know down to the mintue about when they would be graduating so she could annouce it to the whole school. Anyways... There were a couple good things about the school like working with Dermalogica, and being able to take extra classes for free at the International Dermal Institute in San Francisco. Another good thing was since the school is so nice looking and has advertising there were a good amount of clients for us to work on. Also when you sign up they don't tell you that the Esthetics students have to clean the bathrooms.... fun.. Overall, the school is based on the cosmetology students and the esthetics students are treated as if the are not there. So if you want to go to a school where you don't know who your teacher will be the next day or when you will graduate and be treated like badly by Ann, then this is the school for you. And this school costs over $13,000.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

thecaliforniadollhouse in Santa Cruz, California

78 months ago

The California Dollhouse is dedicated to serving our community with well-educated and highly motivated, professional staff that is devoted to providing our clients with the very best salon services. Our staff is committed to helping everyone look their best! When you look great, you feel great. Our ultimate goal is to provide affordable rates to all while keeping an upscale ambiance enabling us to be an asset to the community without exclusion. The California Dollhouse is the most prestigious locally owned Elite beauty bar in Monterey Bay Area and Northern California. We aim to be at the center of the communities events, and make sure your experience is memorable. We provide an upscale location in the heart of beautiful downtown Santa Cruz with a complete professional licensed staff to provide ultimate satisfaction.

The California Dollhouse is an upscale beauty bar providing in house and on site affluent beauty services All tastes are catered to. From the start, it has been our mission to set a new standard for services in the Bay Area and beyond. The main goal of The California Dollhouse is to build long-term relationships with our clients by providing them with a very personal service and ensuring complete satisfaction. We represent only the finest, stunningly beautiful, adventurous independent licensed staff to please our most unique clientele.

If you are a self starter, a talented business professional, with a clientele and focused solely on your career, and have decided client retention is your number one goal this may be your dream come true. The California Dollhouse is a new salon located 1 block from the beach @ 314 Pacific Ave, in the heart of downtown Santa Cruz. We have brand new facilities, equipment, offer exclusive retail or space for your own product lines, fully stocked and available spray tanning and esthetician rooms, a complete management team in place, a bubbly receptionist, monthly events like First Fridays Art & Wine Parties, and more

hey_almighty in san jose, California

75 months ago

Corinna in Hayward, California said: Has anyone gone to this school or know anything about it? Or do you reccomend another esthetician program? I would really appreciate any thoughts. I have a space in a program in Santa Cruz, but will have to wait till March of 08 and I am wanting to start much sooner.
Thanks
Corinna

you'll just waste your $$$$ if you go to shoreline.

Leigh57535 in Santa Cruz, California

75 months ago

I have heard mixed reviews about Shoreline as well. What about San Jose City College? Have you heard anything bad or good about them?

hey_almighty in san jose, California

75 months ago

san jose city college is more structured... going to a beauty school is not just about getting your license... and im pretty sure that they keep up with the course.

btw i used to teach at shoreline... lol!!

Sarah in San Jose, California

72 months ago

Leigh57535 in Santa Cruz, California said: What school did you choose for your esthetician program? I was interested in the Academy for Salon Professional in Santa Clara but am having a difficult time finding reviews.

Does anyone know more information about this school?
Thanks,
Leigh

Hi Leigh

Did you find a school to go to? Also does anyone one know if the private beauty schools teach more advance techniques than the one a San Jose City College.

Thanks

leigh57535 in Santa Cruz, California

72 months ago

Hi Sarah,
I just started taking classes at San Jose City at the beginning of February. So far everything is going well. I felt that cost of the San Jose program vs. the cost of a private school was the way to go. I felt spending $10,000-11,000 for a private school would take me a long time to pay off and the city college including everything and both semesters is about 2,300-2,500! If I need to take some advance classes after I get my license I am willing to do that and knowing I am saving about 8,000 seemed like the better choice. I never could get a good answer from any school about advanced classes, everyone told me they offered some type of advanced classes. I found it was very difficult to get information about San Jose City's program before I was invited to the orientation. If you have any questions, please let me know as I feel I have researched and exhausted all my options before choosing SJCC. My email is leigh_christian@hotmail.com

Good luck,
Leigh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jennifer95060 in Santa Cruz, California

65 months ago

I have a barely used (maybe 300 treatments) professional Bio-Therapeutic Brand "Bio-Brasion" Precision Skin Smoother Microdermabrader Model 2001. I just purchased all new hoses and new tubes of both crystal and a catch tube. Also have several plastic hand pieces.

The Bio-Brasion™ microdermabrasion system utilizes digitally controlled pressure and vacuum monitors to deliver consistent corundum flow and smooth operation. Hygienically conscious, the Bio-Brasion™ offers disposable accessories for essential safety. Bio-Brasion™ services allow for rapid visual improvements in the skin, and makes an excellent “stand alone” service. Bio-Brasion™ services also serve as an essential base service when layering other technologies, including microcurrent, oxygen infusion, and LED services.

More info: www.bio-therapeutic.com/skin_care_equipment.htm

Thanks!

Jennifer Garcia
email me at: jgarcia95003@gmail.com

maria 1987 in San Jose, California

49 months ago

Thanks
Corinna

I went to san jose city college for the esthetician course 3 years ago and LOVED IT!!!! the school prepares u like no other school. there is a waiting list (worth waiting for Iwas called that same year)one year ago i decided to do nails so i went to santa clara beauty college I HATED IT! santa clara beauty college sticks to state board and does not teach u beyond that! santa clara beauty college teaches u each procedure once and has u practicing with maniquins or fingers in my case. santa clara beauty college is all about points and there is no time to work with each other PEOPLE THERE ARE LIKE MACHINES REPEATING PROCEDURES ON MANIQUINS OVER AND OVER AGAIN... san jose city college is like high school but better. ms yelena teaches u the procedure and u work with each other each procedure (FOR EXAMPLE A FACIAL IS THOUGHT AND THE PROCEDURE IS PRACTICED ON EACH OTHER). also the book is discused and explained with the teacher.n santa clara beauty college u are left by urself to read the book (NO TECHER INVOLVED) all private schools are like santa clara beauty college. PLEAS IF U ARE LOOKING FOR A COSMETOLOGY OR ESTHETICIAN COURSE IN THE BAY AREA STICK TO SAN JOSE CITY COLLEGE. THE SCHOOLL IS STRICT AND HARD BUT WORTH IT. THEY WANT U TO PASS!IN SAN JOSE CITY COLLEGE EVERYONE IS ON THE SAME PAGE WHEREAS SANTA CLARA BEAYUTY COLLEGE EVERYONE IS ON DIFFERENT STAGES. IF U WANT THE BEST STICK TO SAN JOSE CITY COLLEGE,also san jose city college kit is like 700 BUT u get ALOT of big bottles of salon products and materials. whereas santa clara beauty college u pay 300 for the kit but u get small one dollar bottles that ull need to buy MORE Of.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unhappystudebt in San Francisco, California

45 months ago

It sounds like all the schools are here to steal our money. I was a student at Marinello in Santa Clara and the place is a joke. You have upper level students thinking they are better than the newbies the teachers dress like they are Retired gogo dancers and worst off all the place is dirty and unsafe. Please spend more time gossiping than studying. The school in general has no structure the founder is probably kicking in her grave. Thanks to this I quit!

bayareadiva in Fremont, California

45 months ago

I attended the academy for salon professionals and had a VERY different.experience! My 2 teachers were both great, and I know the have been with the school for quite awhile. My favorite thing about school was the small classes, we had 6 in our class. We also got certified microderm, led light therepy. Got to use dermologica products, and took some feild trips to the international dermal institute. There are a lot of rules, and a dress code. Its pretty hard work- but it was worth it- i.passed state board the first time.

There isn't anyone named Ann there, maybe she was the problem and it seems better now.

I did my research, happy withthe choice. I checked out city college and there was a 1.5 wait list. It only took me 4 months To finish, now have a.great.job and almost have my loan paid off. And they have.financial aid! Thank God, couldn't have done it without.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise22 in San Jose, California

32 months ago

I went to marinello today for a tour. I was definitely NOT impressed. The school is so dirty! People were so unprofessional, it was so disgusting! I honestly dont know how people am go and get their hair cut there. The girls were just there gossiping and I had to wait a VERY LONG time to be seen by an admissions advisor that I wasn't even scheduled to see.
I highly doubt that I'm even going to attend that school.
I have a tour scheduled for the academy later this week. I hope that school has everything I look for and more. I'm also going on the waiting list for SJCC.
Has anyone gone to the academy? I'd like to know if its worth it.

Good luck everyone!!

Lourdes in San Jose, California

9 months ago

Hi there! I just went to check out the salon professional academy for esthetics, Im confused in between that school and san jose city college. From all the private schools Ie checked out for esthetician, this has been so far the best. I went to Marinello, Aveda, another private in santa clara....none of them give me a good feeling. The only thing Im a bit concerned about The alone academy is that Im not interested in neither cosmetology no fashion, I want to focus on esthetician and study skin in all the possible levels. Later on, once I graduate I want to go for laser to reduce skin scars and wrinkles, but thats a course I can take after esthetician. The school would finance part of the education, it will cost me in the end about $7,000, about $1,500 hundred for the school and the rest to pay for the loan in 10 years.
Any advice, guidance, comments regarding the esthetician program in this school will be great appreciate it!

Thank you!
Best,
Lourdes
lourdeskahlo@gmail.com

Lourdes in San Jose, California

9 months ago

Hi there! I just went to check out the salon professional academy for esthetics, Im confused in between that school and san jose city college. From all the private schools Ie checked out for esthetician, this has been so far the best. I went to Marinello, Aveda, another private in santa clara....none of them give me a good feeling. The only thing Im a bit concerned about The alone academy is that Im not interested in neither cosmetology no fashion, I want to focus on esthetician and study skin in all the possible levels. Later on, once I graduate I want to go for laser to reduce skin scars and wrinkles, but thats a course I can take after esthetician. The school would finance part of the education, it will cost me in the end about $7,000, about $1,500 hundred for the school and the rest to pay for the loan in 10 years.
Any advice, guidance, comments regarding the esthetician program in this school will be great appreciate it!

Thank you!
Best,
Lourdes
lourdeskahlo@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.