Arizona State Laws

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

enj260 in chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

I am currently licensed as an esthetician and esthetics instructor in Illinois, but planning to move to Arizona early next year. I was wondering if you have to be legally certified for laser in Arizona? In Illinois you can do laser and medical esthetics under a doctor, or just be trained in it. I am hoping to get a job in the medical field in AZ, but I don't want to go back to school. I have heard and know people that went to the laser institute in Scottsdale. It's a little pricey for me and I don't want to do it if I don't have to. So what exactly are the laws in Arizona and is it necessary to go to school to get certified?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Peoria, Arizona

82 months ago

enj260 in chicago, Illinois said: I am currently licensed as an esthetician and esthetics instructor in Illinois, but planning to move to Arizona early next year. I was wondering if you have to be legally certified for laser in Arizona? In Illinois you can do laser and medical esthetics under a doctor, or just be trained in it. I am hoping to get a job in the medical field in AZ, but I don't want to go back to school. I have heard and know people that went to the laser institute in Scottsdale. It's a little pricey for me and I don't want to do it if I don't have to. So what exactly are the laws in Arizona and is it necessary to go to school to get certified?

Yes, Arizona state laws have just passed recently stating you must have attended school for and be certified in laser aesthetics in order to operate a laser.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CRS in Walnut Creek, California

68 months ago

Hello,
I am moving to Illinois from Colorado and was wanting to know if I can work as an Independent Contractor and perform epidermal leveling/dermaplane? Microderm with a chemical peel? I understand we are not suppose to double exfoliate?

THanks you soooooooo much!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.