Becoming a Skin care Representative

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

jeffb in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Can you be a little more specific. What type of lines or markets are you interested in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joyce

71 months ago

I am in the same place with my career. I would love to educate and rep for a skin care line any suggestions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tasarla03 in Bend, Oregon

62 months ago

I am also in the same point in my career. I am a Dental Hygienist but as you know the economy is not good and have been unable to find a stable position. I am also a Esthetician and have always thought about educating and being rep for a skin care line. I just wasn't sure how to get into it..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Leigh Berkheimer in Tempe, Arizona

60 months ago

This may be a long shot.....Im about to graduate with my aesthetic license in july, and am interested in being a sales rep. I love to travel and talk!, yes i would even talk to a rock!! i have been in sales my whole working career and find this my niche.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Traci in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

I have also been considering esthetician school and a job as a sales rep. My question is: do you have to have an esthetician license to become a rep? And what is the range of salary can I expect?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Jenkins in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

Leigh Berkheimer in Tempe, Arizona said: This may be a long shot.....Im about to graduate with my aesthetic license in july, and am interested in being a sales rep. I love to travel and talk!, yes i would even talk to a rock!! i have been in sales my whole working career and find this my niche.

i would say give up your dreams. an aesthetics license means just that; aesthetics. you should have gone to cosmetology school if you were interested in becoming a real professional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (46) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Jenkins in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

Tom Jenkins in Phoenix, Arizona said: i would say give up your dreams. an aesthetics license means just that; aesthetics. you should have gone to cosmetology school if you were interested in becoming a real professional.

The only reason I state this, Leigh, is your lack of licensure. I quickly searched your name via the azboc website, and it stated that you were still a student. Do not over analyze yourself, and own up to being an amateur. Have you had any laser or medical aesthetics training? Without specialized training, you may consider yourself another face in the crowd. Once you become serious and dedicated, please reach out to me. Until then, I wish you the best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

jeffb in Dallas, Texas

57 months ago

Tom Jenkins in Phoenix, Arizona said: i would say give up your dreams. an aesthetics license means just that; aesthetics. you should have gone to cosmetology school if you were interested in becoming a real professional.

A real professional?
With all due respects, Tom, your comments are uncalled for. You acquire an esthetics license by going to cosmetology school. And Leigh said that she was a student and was graduating this month.

Relating to: "Once you become serious and dedicated, please reach out to me." statement, the fact that she is getting her licence seems to indicate that she is serious and dedicated.

I noticed that you are in Phoenix .. the home of NLI. Do you have any affiliation with this school?

Leigh, feel free to reach out to me any time at whatever level or status you are at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

Briana in Fort Smith, Arkansas

57 months ago

I am a licensed Esthetician and certified Laser Technician. I am very interested in becoming a Sales Representative for a great company. I have had my license for two years and my Laser Certification for three years. If there is anyone that knows of any openings in the Arkansas/Oklahoma area please let me know I would really appreciate the info. Thanks, Briana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Megan in Riverside, New Jersey

56 months ago

I am currently a sales rep for Dermalogica. The more well-known companies are very hard to work for unless you have experience. You must start with a small company, and have successful sales, and no, you dont need an esthetics license to do this. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Charlotte, North Carolina

54 months ago

Hoping to get a few great responses from the group on job leads for those of us who are newly licensed estheticians. Currently looking to combine my business consulting background and my passion for skin care. If anyone has job leads in the Charlotte/Raleigh markets I'd be glad to speak with you. Thanks!

Adrie Buchanan in Salt Lake City, Utah

53 months ago

I have been working and quite successful as an esthetician for almost 4 years now, and am ready to take the next step in my career. I have a background in retail sales and am looking to combine my skills and find a more rounded career path. I am looking for potential growth within a skincare company. If anyone has any advice on which direction might be beneficial for me to head in I would appreciate it! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Diona Crouse in Aurora, Colorado

36 months ago

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas said: Can you be a little more specific. What type of lines or markets are you interested in?

G.M. Collins, Pevonia, Sanitas,

S B in San Antonio, Texas

22 months ago

Hi!
Possible to contact me please

reflectionsskin@*****.*** in Centreville, Virginia

22 months ago

How do I contact you

reflectionsskin@*****.*** in Centreville, Virginia

22 months ago

Ok

SB in San Antonio, Texas

22 months ago

Briana in Fort Smith, Arkansas said: I am a licensed Esthetician and certified Laser Technician. I am very interested in becoming a Sales Representative for a great company. I have had my license for two years and my Laser Certification for three years. If there is anyone that knows of any openings in the Arkansas/Oklahoma area please let me know I would really appreciate the info. Thanks, Briana

Hi!
Possible to contact me

SB in San Antonio, Texas

22 months ago

Adrie Buchanan in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I have been working and quite successful as an esthetician for almost 4 years now, and am ready to take the next step in my career. I have a background in retail sales and am looking to combine my skills and find a more rounded career path. I am looking for potential growth within a skincare company. If anyone has any advice on which direction might be beneficial for me to head in I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Hi!
Possible to contact me

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.