CA State Board Exam Uniform Requirements?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 670)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Monica in Fountain Valley, California

92 months ago

I just got my date to take the California State Board Exam and the instructions say that you must wear a uniform, but they don't specify what the uniform is? Does anyone have any idea what is considered an exceptable uniform?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (135) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Monica in Fountain Valley, California

84 months ago

The practical is really easy. I was done about 30 minutes early after dropping everything on the floor and having to wash my hands countless times...I was 9 months pregnant at the time so I wasn't at my most limber or very quick. Just practice with the lashes on a friend. The more you practice the easier it is. Also, I found it helpful to use my fingers to apply the strip lash. You have to pull it off the pallet with the tweezers, but once you have the strip off of the pallet you can use your hands. Also if you apply a little extra eyeliner during the makeup portion you can get away with a little more space between your lashes and the fake ones. Also if you let your glue dry a little so it is tacky the lashes stick better. Feel free to e-mail me at monicadipiet at gmail dot com if you have any more questions.
Oh the written is more difficult, so I recommend going to stateboardhelp.com and taking their practice tests. I took about 50 practice exams and was very prepared for 90% of the questions on the exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Melibelle in San Diego, California

82 months ago

Alica in Harker Heights, Texas said: I would love any help you can give me. I'm really worried about the practical part because I know that there are differences in the TX and CA tests. In TX we use hand sanitizer instead of washing our hands. Also we don't have to do a facial scrub. I guess what I really want to know is what is considered a "basic" facial for CA board. Also does anyone know how far out they are for testing? Thanks

I am from Texas also and took my TX exam over 15 years ago and I have to retest for CA in Nov. I know how you feel about not knowing what might be on the practical. I got a dvd from stateboardhelp.com as well as the exam questions. I know a couple of hairstylists in CA and they filled me in too. The dvd is great and the questions are 85% of whats on the written test. I figure if you ace the practice questions you will score at least 85 on the test right? My friends confirmed that WASH WASH WASH YOUR HANDS is necessary. You also only do a certian amount of the procedures at random, depending on your test booklet. So hopefully we can luck out and not get the procedures we didn't have to do in TX. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Either way, get the dvd and questions and you'll be fine. Also, the Ca costetology board has on their website the requirements ofr practical, I printed it out and it's helpful in studying what they expect in each procedure. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

If anyone is interested in what's on the written part of the cosmetology exam I have the practice test that I bought from stateboardhelp.com (it's 85% of what's on the test) I'll email it to whoever needs it for free. I also have the DVD's for the cosmo exam. I paid around $80.00 for them and won't need them after Nov 14 if anyone wants to buy them, I'll sell under $80.00. They are good videos and they have helped me alot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

I haven't taken the test yet but I can say I feel more prepared after watching the DVD's and WAY LESS freaked out about what I have to do for the practical! The kit company gives a demo Mon, Wed, and Sat- when you pay for your kit the demo is free. I plan to do that this weekend. I'll let you know if it is benifical. I'm selling my dvd's as I won't need them in a few weeks....

Jen in Redondo Beach, California

82 months ago

Melibelle in San Diego, California said: If anyone is interested in what's on the written part of the cosmetology exam I have the practice test that I bought from stateboardhelp.com (it's 85% of what's on the test) I'll email it to whoever needs it for free. I also have the DVD's for the cosmo exam. I paid around $80.00 for them and won't need them after Nov 14 if anyone wants to buy them, I'll sell under $80.00. They are good videos and they have helped me alot.

Is there anyway you would be able to email this to me asap??? My test is Monday and I am starting to stress more about the written at this point than the practical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Redondo Beach, California

82 months ago

Jen in Redondo Beach, California said: Is there anyway you would be able to email this to me asap??? My test is Monday and I am starting to stress more about the written at this point than the practical.

OOOps, my email is jenbdeznz@hotmail.com. Thanks!!!!!

jpass1980 in san jose, California

82 months ago

I would love the questions. I am also interested in the video. You can email them to at jpass1980@Gmail.com

Steph in San Diego, California

82 months ago

Hello! I'm graduating this Wednesday and my board date is Nov. 13th. I'm going to bring my boyfriend as my model for the practical. I've heard that women often bring significant others with them. I'm worried that I will stick out to the proctor. How do people feel about bringing a male as your model?
Thanks!!

82 months ago

Does anyone know if you have to do a pedicure for the Cosmetology Practical exam? What about the soft perm? Also, do you only have to do a plain facial or the facial w/scrub and the dermal light facials too?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Steph in San Diego, California said: Hello! I'm graduating this Wednesday and my board date is Nov. 13th. I'm going to bring my boyfriend as my model for the practical. I've heard that women often bring significant others with them. I'm worried that I will stick out to the proctor. How do people feel about bringing a male as your model?
Thanks!!

I read on a website, maybe this one, that alot of people bring husbands and boyfriends. They just have to be clean shaven. I don't think you'll stand out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

xtian in Pacoima, California

82 months ago

Melibelle in San Diego, California said: If anyone is interested in what's on the written part of the cosmetology exam I have the practice test that I bought from stateboardhelp.com (it's 85% of what's on the test) I'll email it to whoever needs it for free. I also have the DVD's for the cosmo exam. I paid around $80.00 for them and won't need them after Nov 14 if anyone wants to buy them, I'll sell under $80.00. They are good videos and they have helped me alot.

could you please email me a copy of the written test to chrism851@verizon.net

Karyna in Indio, California

82 months ago

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Duluth, Georgia

82 months ago

I took my cosmetology written exam saturday and failed by 4 points. i need help to pass it if u have that email i would love for u to emil it to me that would help me out a lot because im going to retake it in a few days. Thank u so much! contessacaraway@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Sarah in Pasadena, California said: I took my test today, and passed! There were a LOT of men models, I was so shocked! So, no you will not stand out at all....

Did you take the cosmetology exam? If so what were you tested on on the practical? What did you think about the written? I'm testing in a couple of weeks and was wondering if the pedicure and the soft perm were on the practical. Also what type of facial?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cosmetology Mom in San Diego, California

82 months ago

MiNiCooperDVR in camarillo/ventura, California said: Hey I have a copy of the board exam , they say it is 85 % exact to the answers on the test .
if you would like a copy let me know.

I would like to get a copy for my daughter. She didn't pass the written test (by 5 points) and she's pretty upset. She flew through the practical no problem and is now rescheduled to take the written on 10/11.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Cosmetology Mom in San Diego, California said: I would like to get a copy for my daughter. She didn't pass the written test (by 5 points) and she's pretty upset. She flew through the practical no problem and is now rescheduled to take the written on 10/11.

I mean 11/10..

Monica in Garden Grove, California

82 months ago

Cosmetology Mom,
E-mail me at monicadipiet@gmail.com and I will send you a copy of the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

abby in San Diego, California

82 months ago

MiNiCooperDVR in camarillo/ventura, California said: Hey I have a copy of the board exam , they say it is 85 % exact to the answers on the test .

Hi! i would love and appreciate if i get a copy of that.. i am so stressing out about the written test hearing how hard the test is.. so please it will be greatly appreciated! thank. email me at luvly_pinay_05@hotmaill.com

abby in San Diego, California

82 months ago

Cosmetology Mom in San Diego, California said: I would like to get a copy for my daughter. She didn't pass the written test (by 5 points) and she's pretty upset. She flew through the practical no problem and is now rescheduled to take the written on 10/11.

cosmetology mom, i was just wondering where did your daughter take the test? i have sent out my application but didnt get a date for my test. but, can i take my written before my practical exam? if i can, can u please give me any information how to schedule, how much, and where i can take it? Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jpass1980 in san jose, California

82 months ago

I have my test coming up and would love the questions. You can email them to me at jpass1980@gmail.com, Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alica in Harker Heights, Texas

82 months ago

I would love a copy. My email is needlessjunk@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

minicooperdrv in Camarillo, California

82 months ago

Cosmetology Mom in San Diego, California said: I mean 11/10..

( ESTHETICIAN )( ESTHETICIAN )

Valerie in Sacramento, California

82 months ago

Hi--
I am taking the exam in a month, and would appreciate a copy of the exam you offered. you can email or reply to this post and let me know how to go about this. Thanks for your help! I am studying all of the stateboardhelp tests, but want to be extra sure!

82 months ago

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'VE EVER HEARD OF COPYWRITE LAWS.....but this is a prime example of why they exsist. You CAN NOT take a publication from an individual and reproduce/distribute it for financial gain! I posted earlier that I would SHARE these questions FREE OF CHARGE, but decided not to as so many people wanted them. You, on the other hand, are violating copywrite laws by selling/copying someone elses publication as your own. The punishment for this, I can assure you, will be MUCH GREATER than any profit you are trying to make off this website. I suggest you remove this post unless you are looking not just to make money illegally, but are looking for trouble.

82 months ago

minicooperdrv in Camarillo, California said: California State Board Exam

MY PREVIOUS POSTING ON 10/11/2008
PERHAPS WAS NOT CLEAR, THERE IS A SMALL FEE OF $ 10.00
AND IT IS WORTH IT, I PROMISE

I CAN RECEIVE PAYMENT BY EMAIL/PAYPAL

1.send me an email to cbcpaypalz@gmail.com

2. cut/past> following>
(Request the esthetician test for $10.00)

3.I will forward an invoice/request funds back to you VIA pay pal

4. When you receive the invoice, click the PayPal button to pay
Securely online.
5. After payment is received, you will receive 2 Attached files of the test with the answer key.
6. Turnaround time to receive the test will be less than 24 hours
IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH ALL THE ABOVE
YOU CAN EMAIL ME AND I WILL FORWARD MY PHONE NUMBER SO WE CAN DISCUSS ANY OF YOUR CONCERNS.

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'VE EVER HEARD OF COPYWRITE LAWS.....but this is a prime example of why they exsist. You CAN NOT take a publication from an individual and reproduce/distribute it for financial gain! I posted earlier that I would SHARE these questions FREE OF CHARGE, but decided not to as so many people wanted them. You, on the other hand, are violating copywrite laws by selling/copying someone elses publication as your own. The punishment for this, I can assure you, will be MUCH GREATER than any profit you are trying to make off this website. I suggest you remove this post unless you are looking not just to make money illegally, but are looking for trouble.

Valerie in Sacramento, California

82 months ago

Re: clarification copywrite laws comment--I am not trying in any way to sell nor buy any kind of copywritten materials. I have no such publication in my possession, nor have a tried to procure one. You must be confused by my comment that I am interested in "sharing" information regarding the tests.

82 months ago

You CAN NOT state that you are "sharing" something if you are CHARGING A PRICE FOR IT!!!! However, no where that I can see from your posts have you EVER wrote the word "share" until now. Despite what you say now you are DEFINATELY selling the questions since you are CLEARLY requesting $10.00 for them. You are "not sharing information regarding the tests" as you just stated! You VERY DIRECTLY WROTE that you HAVE THE TEST QUESTIONS that are 85% of the questions on the test (I have them too and I know where they came from, stateboardhelp.com). Regardless of how you would like to describe it, you are REPRODUCING these questions and each time you send them to someone and since you are CHARGING for them you are violating copyright laws. Since this is a post everything you have said and mauy have done is traceable. I am not tyring to argue this point, I am simply telling you that YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL. And as a side note..... you are greedy. Sharing doesn't some with a price tag.

82 months ago

Melibelle in San Diego, California said: You CAN NOT state that you are "sharing" something if you are CHARGING A PRICE FOR IT!!!! However, no where that I can see from your posts have you EVER wrote the word "share" until now. Despite what you say now you are DEFINATELY selling the questions since you are CLEARLY requesting $10.00 for them. You are "not sharing information regarding the tests" as you just stated! You VERY DIRECTLY WROTE that you HAVE THE TEST QUESTIONS that are 85% of the questions on the test (I have them too and I know where they came from, stateboardhelp.com). Regardless of how you would like to describe it, you are REPRODUCING these questions and each time you send them to someone and since you are CHARGING for them you are violating copyright laws. Since this is a post everything you have said and mauy have done is traceable. I am not tyring to argue this point, I am simply telling you that YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL. And as a side note..... you are greedy. Sharing doesn't some with a price tag.

CLARIFIACTION!!!!!!!! THIS REPLY WAS INTENDED FOR THE PERSON WHO IS SELLING THE QUESTIONS!!!! NOT SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN SHARING INFORMATION. MY APOLOGIES IF MY COMMENT WAS DIRECTED AT THE WRONG PERSON.

82 months ago

Melibelle in San Diego, California said: I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'VE EVER HEARD OF COPYWRITE LAWS.....but this is a prime example of why they exsist. You CAN NOT take a publication from an individual and reproduce/distribute it for financial gain! I posted earlier that I would SHARE these questions FREE OF CHARGE, but decided not to as so many people wanted them. You, on the other hand, are violating copywrite laws by selling/copying someone elses publication as your own. The punishment for this, I can assure you, will be MUCH GREATER than any profit you are trying to make off this website. I suggest you remove this post unless you are looking not just to make money illegally, but are looking for trouble.

this public writing i purchased for X amount ……. and as some one would sell an unwanted item or nolonger needed item at a garage sale or on ebay
( i am just recycling a very usfull item )

To all who want to read !
WHO OUT THERE BELEIVES IN RECYCLING !
I do !
I purchased my materials for the exams for an X amount $$$$…….
I no longer need these expensive materials, I am just recycling a very useful item to others
Perfect Example…..
WHEN A COLLEGE COARSE IS COMPLETED,
STUDENTS WILL RESALE THEIR OLD BOOKS AND MATERIALS.
WHICH RELEIVES THE HIGH COST OF BOOKS FOR THE STUDENT SELLING / BUYING
!!!!! EVERYBODY WINS !!!!!!

Melibelle in San Diego has posted a very uninformed opinion regarding my previous post on esthetician exam questions & answers materials for resale . 11/02/08

Melibelle in San Diego posted to me this !!!!!
>QUOTE<
I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'VE EVER HEARD OF COPYWRITE LAWS.....but this is a prime example of why they exsist. You CAN NOT take a publication from an individual and reproduce/distribute it for financial gain! I posted earlier that I would SHARE these questions FREE OF CHARGE, but decided not to as so many people wanted them. You, on the other hand, are violating copywrite laws by s

82 months ago

To all who want to read !
WHO OUT THERE BELEIVES IN RECYCLING !
I do !
I purchased my materials for the exams for an X amount $$$$…….
I no longer need these expensive materials, I am just recycling a very useful item to others
Perfect Example…..
WHEN A COLLEGE COARSE IS COMPLETED,
STUDENTS WILL RESALE THEIR OLD BOOKS AND MATERIALS.
WHICH RELEIVES THE HIGH COST OF BOOKS FOR THE STUDENT SELLING / BUYING
!!!!! EVERYBODY WINS !!!!!!

Melibelle in San Diego has posted a very uninformed opinion regarding my previous post on esthetician exam questions & answers materials for resale . 11/02/08

>QUOTE<

TO ..Melibelle in San Diego >>>
HERE IS MY RESPONSE !
You offered it for free TO ALL !
but you had too many request , So you stopped or decided not to !
Now, if we really want to be technical about it ,
You wanted people to have this information, that you say is PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHTS !
It is illegal >> Fee or no fee,
If it is PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHTS
It would still be an infringement on the original producers financial gains !
WHY DID YOU OFFER IT ON LINE TO ALL ???????? you also broke the COPYRIGHT laws !
>>>FYI<<<
There are NO Copyrights on these materials !
I AM NOT B

82 months ago

WHAT IS THIS !!!!!!!!????????/
You CAN NOT take a publication from an individual and reproduce/distribute it for financial gain!
????????? WHAT IS THIS ? !!!!!!!!????????/you posted..>.paid around $80.00 for them and won't need them after Nov 14 if anyone wants to buy them, I'll sell under $80.00.

>QUOTE<

82 months ago

Melibelle in San Diego, California said: I haven't taken the test yet but I can say I feel more prepared after watching the DVD's and WAY LESS freaked out about what I have to do for the practical! The kit company gives a demo Mon, Wed, and Sat- when you pay for your kit the demo is free. I plan to do that this weekend. I'll let you know if it is benifical. I'm selling my dvd's as I won't need them in a few weeks....

WHAT IS THIS ?
please it is not good to contradict yourself

QUOTE in LA, California

82 months ago

Melibelle in San Diego, California said: CLARIFIACTION!!!!!!!! THIS REPLY WAS INTENDED FOR THE PERSON WHO IS SELLING THE QUESTIONS!!!! NOT SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN SHARING INFORMATION. MY APOLOGIES IF MY COMMENT WAS DIRECTED AT THE WRONG PERSON.

lev it alone girl

QUOTE in LA, California

82 months ago

Melibelle in San Diego, California said: You CAN NOT state that you are "sharing" something if you are CHARGING A PRICE FOR IT!!!! However, no where that I can see from your posts have you EVER wrote the word "share" until now. Despite what you say now you are DEFINATELY selling the questions since you are CLEARLY requesting $10.00 for them. You are "not sharing information regarding the tests" as you just stated! You VERY DIRECTLY WROTE that you HAVE THE TEST QUESTIONS that are 85% of the questions on the test (I have them too and I know where they came from, stateboardhelp.com). Regardless of how you would like to describe it, you are REPRODUCING these questions and each time you send them to someone and since you are CHARGING for them you are violating copyright laws. Since this is a post everything you have said and mauy have done is traceable. I am not tyring to argue this point, I am simply telling you that YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL. And as a side note..... you are greedy. Sharing doesn't some with a price tag.

Y U SO BUSY ?
LEV VAL ALONE ,
I HOPE U PASS UR EXAM
CUZ U HAVE NO ETHICS
U 4 REAL ?

82 months ago

OMG! Give me a break! I am selling ONE PHYSICAL, ORIGIONAL DVD (purshased from stateboardhelp.com) for the cosmetology exam for less tham i paid for it. Not an electronic copy of a dvd or a burned copy of a dvd. Did you not notice the word "reproduce" and "copying" in my post about your illigal activity? You are tyring to gouge people on this post with your greed by trying to electronically reproduce test questions, that came from strateboardhelp.com, time and again for a price. I was SHARING the questions, much like the file sharing that is perfectly legal and happens all over the internet. MiniCooper, it is not sharing if it has a price tag. It is legal to sell and ORIGIONAL item ONCE, much like at a garage sale as you stated in an earlier post about yourself.
PS- thanks for reposting my post about the dvd's (it's a set of 2) and I STILL HAVE THEM IF ANYONE WANTS THEM! THANKS!!!!!!

shelleee

82 months ago

I am interested in receiving the email copy. I am taking my test in two days!

82 months ago

QUOTE in LA, California said: Y U SO BUSY ?
LEV VAL ALONE ,
I HOPE U PASS UR EXAM
CUZ U HAVE NO ETHICS
U 4 REAL ?

IS YOUR SCREEN NAME ACTUALLY "QUOTE"? IS THAT FOR REAL? MAYBE YOUR SCREEN NAME IS ACTUALLY "MINICOOPERDVRV"? Hmmmmmmm, never seem this name "Quote" on this site before. Either way. Looks like someboby REALLY wants to make $10 here and there. Go for it.
I was just trying to warn you. As well as I was appaled at your trying to make money instead of just helping people out, which what this site is suppossed to be all about. I have no interest in this topic anymore. Good luck.

shelleee

82 months ago

Opps...sorry my email is shelleee12@aol.com Thanks! Anyone in the South Bay area (near Torrance, CA) I have the BEST place to rent a kit. Her pass rate is 100% so far. She puts absolutely everything in separate containers, etc. so if you look at each appointment you can absolutely tell what you have to do. I have her kit, my test is Thurs 11/6 and I felt great just looking at it. Anyone who wants the info can contact me as above! Good luck to all of us!

xtian

82 months ago

Seriously, this is waaaay too dramatic. All for nothing really, because there's more than one person that has a copy of this damn test!
If nanyone else needs a copy of the test and answers I've got one! And ill send it to you for free! Just remember its the esthetician test!
I want to see the blog tracing police come after me! Hahaha!

82 months ago

shelleee said: Opps...sorry my email is shelleee12@aol.com Thanks! Anyone in the South Bay area (near Torrance, CA) I have the BEST place to rent a kit. Her pass rate is 100% so far. She puts absolutely everything in separate containers, etc. so if you look at each appointment you can absolutely tell what you have to do. I have her kit, my test is Thurs 11/6 and I felt great just looking at it. Anyone who wants the info can contact me as above! Good luck to all of us!

Don't forget Shelly, if you are asking "Minicooperdrv" for the questions she/he wants to be paid $10.00 for them via an email address set up just for this purpose and through Paypal. It is alot of drama i agree!! Good luck to you too. Who is this kit company? i've only heard of Western Kit Co. Also, what do you mean by a 100% pass rate? Are you sayoing everyone who buys the kit has passsed? is there a robot in the kit that thakes the test for you too??? Ha hahaha! no, really I'd like to know more. PLease tell us....

shelleee

82 months ago

Hi...no, actually she is a PERSON that most of us from school rent from. She passed her Boards I don't know how long ago and being the smart woman she is, decided that after seeing the kits out there she could do better. Her kit is "larger" than most but everything is distinctly labelled and in order in separate boxes for each appointment. Everyone that has rented from her for a long time (don't know exactly) has passed the first time. Since I have been in school only one person failed the practical and she did NOT rent from her. Her second try, she did and passed. I only say this because I am so nervous I do NOT want to be her first "fail". Like I said, you open the kit and everything comes out in the order it should be. Each separate appointment box is also in order (trash bag, towel, SMA, etc.) If you are confused, as most are on that day, you need only look down to know exactly what to do during that appointment.

I have heard (don't know for a fact!) that other kit companies just put things inside and you have to search for what you need per appointment. She knows and follows the criteria to the tee. Now if she can just come and take the actual test(s) for me I would really be impressed!!

Oh it's an Aesthetician kit, sorry...might be helpful to add that!

shelleee

82 months ago

Oh, and anyone that would like to share a FREE copy of that exam, that can be emailed, I would appreciate it. I have already subscribed to milady.com and use stateboardquiz.com (that one is free) and do pretty well. Just looking to utilize anything I can before Thursday.

I also know a couple of people that do private tutoring for the practical as well if anyone needs that help...and yes, they charge but it's well worth it.

Oh and I am not "advertising" for anyone...I don't get anything for it other than feeling good about sharing what I have found.

82 months ago

Melibelle in San Diego, California said: IS YOUR SCREEN NAME ACTUALLY "QUOTE"? IS THAT FOR REAL? MAYBE YOUR SCREEN NAME IS ACTUALLY "MINICOOPERDVRV"? Hmmmmmmm, never seem this name "Quote" on this site before. Either way. Looks like someboby REALLY wants to make $10 here and there. Go for it.
I was just trying to warn you. As well as I was appaled at your trying to make money instead of just helping people out, which what this site is suppossed to be all about. I have no interest in this topic anymore. Good luck.

and who's VAL???????????????????????

82 months ago

I would appreciate the cosmetology questions for my daughter. She is taking the test on Monday. My email is dani_nurse@yahoo.com

Thank you so much, she passed the practical with flying colors!

ashly in San Francisco, California

82 months ago

xtian said: Seriously, this is waaaay too dramatic. All for nothing really, because there's more than one person that has a copy of this damn test!
If nanyone else needs a copy of the test and answers I've got one! And ill send it to you for free! Just remember its the esthetician test!

Is there any way to get a copy jmacg@sbcglobal.net

ashly in San Francisco, California

82 months ago

xtian said: Seriously, this is waaaay too dramatic. All for nothing really, because there's more than one person that has a copy of this damn test!

Is this the same test(copy) from stateboardhelp.com? I was going to purchase a copy or copies of the exam and the dvd. I guess I just want to know if it is worth it.

82 months ago

ashly in San Francisco, California said: Is this the same test(copy) from stateboardhelp.com? I was going to purchase a copy or copies of the exam and the dvd. I guess I just want to know if it is worth it.

Hi! it is definately worth it! I have the cosmo dvd and questions and they've helped me tremendously:)

QUOTE in LA, California

82 months ago

1. B2. A3. A4. D5. A6. D7. C8. A9. C10. C11. A12. C13. B14. C15. B16. C17. B18. A19. A20. C21. A22. A23. C24. A25. A26. D27. C28. A29. D30. A31. C32. A33. B34. D35. A36. B37. A38. C39. B40. D41. A42. C43. A44. B45. B46. C47. B48. A49. C50. B51. A52. B53. B54. D55. A56. C57. A58. D59. B60. C61. B62. A63. C64. B65. C66. A67. B68. C69. A70. C71. A72. C73. D74. B75. C76. C77. A78. B79. C80. C81. B82. A83. C84. A85. D86. B87. C88. A89. C90. B91. C92. B93. C94. C95. C96. C97. A98. B99. B100. BAnswer Key100 Question Esthetician Practice Test
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 2

QUOTE in LA, California

82 months ago

Esthetician State Board Practice Test1. After Disincrustation what is used to do extractions?A. Sanitized comedone extractor.B. Spot treatment with vacuum machineC. Fingers wrapped in cottonD. Sterilized lancets2 A purifying mask includes which ingredient?A. Sage oilB. Witch hazelC. ChamomileD. Aloe Vera3. A Paraffin mask is most beneficial to what skin type?A. PigmentedB. BlemishedC. CombinationD. Oily4. Before a non-invasive facial treatment discuss with the client?A. Excessive oilinessB. Hypo-pigmentationC. Scar tissue formationD. Flare- ups5. For client relaxation you should?A. Apply firm pressure on the motor pointsB. Use vibration movement on top of nerve endings.C. Use a light effleurage movementD. Apply firm pressure on the vertebrae6. Before treatment what do you discuss with your client?A. The objective of the service being provided.B. Favorite servicesC. Home care regimenD. Medical history7. On what type of skin condition should Anaphoresis not be used?A. BlemishedB. PigmentedC. DryD. Oily skin with blackheads
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 2
28. What do you use when lightening superfluous hair?A. Oil bleach with developer.B. Oil bleach with peroxideC. Purifying maskD. Bleach based products9. What arrangement is acceptable as an S.M.A.?A. Paper towelB. Sanitized white towelC. Paper towel on top of terry cloth towelD. Wet sanitized10. What does Anaphoresis do to the skin?A. Tones the skinB. Stimulates cell growthC. Relaxes and softens skin D. Decreases blood circulation11. Over use of Alkaline products can cause?A. AsteatosisB. SeborrheaC. HyperkeratosisD. Keratoma12. Red dry skin patches and flaky skin is a sign of what?A. Actinic KeratosesB. Dehydration C. PsoriasisD. Rosacea13. What do you do in the case of a first-degree burn?A. Stop services and ask for help.B. Cold compress or immerse in cold water.C. Bandage in iceD. Send them to a Doctor14. Which of the following conditions can you perform

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.