Choosing the right skin care line.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

allieoop in Long Beach, California

23 months ago

I need some advice ...I recently started working at a chiropractic/massage office. The owner hired me to introduce skin treatments, waxing,body wraps,etc.with an option to rent when I am ready. We have a small retail area, I share the space with 2 massage therapists and 1 Chiropractic Dr. I have worked before with great skin care lines but with much larger budgets. I am a solo esthetician, make my own services, menus,etc & receive 60 % commission on treatments. I personally cannot afford to open an account with some of the more popular lines , but I also cannot afford to use low quality products in the treatment room /retail. I want to find a line that is profitable for the spa, easy to mark up for retail without breaking the clients budget. The line that we originally choose is not working , and is too expensive to retail for our demographic.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

src@spabizboard in Sacramento, California

20 months ago

There are fabulous skin care companies with NO minimum order requirements. A lot depends upon whether you are planning to want more of a "spa" line or "clinical" line.

Some of my favorites:

1. LeMieux
2. Visual Changes
3. Image Skin Care
4. Advanced Rejuvating Concepts

My advice is to pick the one that offers you the most product knowledge training. Coming from a place with only a chiropractor and massage therapists tells me that nobody there knows much about skin care, so it is all on you. Profit is based entirely upon home care product sales, so you need to be really familiar with and passionate about the products and treatments you are working with. And that will only come from education.

Good luck!

Diane Buccola
NCEA Certified Esthetician

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.