Difference between medical esthetician and others

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 618)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Anna D. Rinehart in Killeen, Texas

77 months ago

Dear Jena,
Once you research Medical Aesthetics you will find that there is an infrastucture that perpetuates the uplifting of aestheticians from just having a license for facial aesthetics. Aestheticians have always had to struggle with their education. The # 1 reason they struggled was because of the cosmetology instructors having limited knowledge and skills to offer the aesthetician whom seeks to grow in professinal knowledge and skill development.
The most ingenius aestheticians sought CEU through their work association with physicians. Many aestheticians today working with Medical Aesthetics have tremendous clinical skills that are a remakable asset for the physician and nurse to integrate within their practice. Aestheticians, in particular, medical aestheticians are very sharp in clinical facial analysis, clinical skin care treatment planning and implementation . I have written books in Medical Aesthetics and have done so much for physicians, nurses and aestheticians to come together and grow expotentially, yet I do not promote myself as a medical aesthetician. I am a licensed skin care professional performing Medical Aesthetics in concert with physicians, nurses and other allied professionals. Do not worry yourself with titles. If, you want to become a nurse and add that to your vitae that is good. But to be a medical aesthetician does not require you to have to be a nurse.
Anna D. Rinehart

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Gilford, New Hampshire

77 months ago

Heather B in Nashua, New Hampshire said: I am looking to go to school for esthetics..but I really want to learn absolutly everything about it..spa esthetics..medical esthetics ect.. I live in the awful state of New Hampshire and ive been reasurching schools in NH and MA. Can anyone give me some info on a really good school in NH or MA where I could learn everything about esthetics!Im currently interested in The institute of esthetics in concord NH. help :-)

or even any other school in the U.S...maybe in Las Vegas

Empire Beauty Schools have an awesome program and they even have the option of medical if you want to take it hope that helps :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Dear Jen,
The Elizabeth Grady School of Esthethics in Massachuetts ( Medford )is an oustanding teaching program for aestheticians.You could set up an interview to get accepted within their program. They are the leaders in teaching. All others in the area cannot match their ability to unfold outstanding aesthethicians.
After you complete their program then you could take a Medical Aesthetics Program.
Sincerely,
Anna D. Rinehart
Medical Aesthetics FACE Conference

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

PerfectHealth in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Anna D. Rinehart in Killeen, Texas said: Dear Martha,

Please let me know where you are located, where is your license, are you a diplomate, basically what do you have to offer a medical aesthetics practice?
I have lists of physcians located in many parts of the US and each one expects more than being able to perform a facial. I will place your name on the list once I have matched your background with what physcians in medical spa/ skin health centers are seeking for their program.
Sincerely,
Anna D. Rinehart

Hey Anna, moving to Austin in August. Have a lot of experience. Would you be willing to take a look at my resume and assist me into the spa or medical arena there? I know its a lot to ask...JL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Dear JL,
I would be glad to take a look at your resume. I have several physicians ( 3 )seeking the right stuff in an aesthethician in Austin, Texas. You can always e-mail the resume @
anna-dee@hot.rr.com

You can look at the website www.medicalaesthetics.com and see when we are having our next program. We all need to continue to grow.
Sincerely,
Anna D. Rinehart

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PerfectHealth in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Wonderful, I will send that over to you and take a look at your website! Thank you!
JL

Sherri in Germantown, Maryland

77 months ago

Please let me know where you are located, where is your license, are you a diplomate, basically what do you have to offer a medical aesthetics practice?
I have lists of physcians located in many parts of the US and each one expects more than being able to perform a facial. I will place your name on the list once I have matched your background with what physcians in medical spa/ skin health centers are seeking for their program.
Sincerely,
Anna D. Rinehart

Anna,
Please tell me what kind of continuing education physicians are looking for. I am looking to be a "medical esthetician" but do not know which direction to go in to further my education.
Thank you.

77 months ago

Dear Sherri in Germantown,
The physician is seeking an aesthetician that can work effectively with their patients. Be able perform Clinical Skin Care Treatments/Procedures and Protocols based on their identified Facial Aesthetic qualm/s. The medical aesthetician is able to understands the " Team Approach" and is able to communicate effectively with the physician in both medical and aesthetic jargon. The physician desires to be properly trained in advanced procedures that will be able to enhance their patient outcomes.
There is a contrasting difference between a medical aesthetician that works with the physician performing clinical skin care treatments within a Medical Aesthetics Spa/clinic/hospital or dotors office than one that is performing facials in a spa.

Anna D. Rinehart
Medical Aesthetics FACE

Rachel in Mays Landing, New Jersey

77 months ago

Hello Anna. You seem very knowledgable. I live in NJ. I am a RN. I would like to become licensed as a Medical Esthetic Nurse. Do you know how I can do that? Do I have to go to an esthetic school... learn the anatomy all over again and makeup (which I am not interested in)?? I was hoping there was a school (somewhere out there) that would offer nurses like myself, esthetic skills necessary to sit for the exam. I would appreciate any info you have to offer. Thanks

77 months ago

Dear Rachel in Mays Landing,
I encourage you to become an aesthetician. It is only 750 hours of specialized training maybe even less in your state. Then you could legally be regarded and use the title legally as Nurse-Aesthetician.You would be able to have insight to the Medical Aesthetics Profession and have a clear concept as to what it means to be performing Comprehensive Clinical Skin Care Managemnt. You could obtain specialized certificate training for Medical Aesthetics and certianly be able to perform every single procedure discussed and described in the teaching program. You would still be a nurse that is tied by your license that says you cannot have your own practice/business and never sustain the autonomy that an aestheticians license does provide.
I encourage you bite the bullet, take the aesthetic course and have the dual background. You will have more autonomy than even a nurse practitioner.
Sincerely,
Anna D. Rinehart
Medical Aesthetics FACE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

farah jaffery in Matawan, New Jersey

77 months ago

Dear Anna,
I live in NJ and am a doctor by profession from abroad. I dont have a license to work here as yet but was considering the medical esthetician as a long term profession considering my present circumstances.
Please let me know how I can proceed with this profession.

77 months ago

Dear Farah Jaffery,
You have several options. One, Attend a Facial Aesthetics Course ( 750 hours ) and sit for the state license. Two , take the aesthetics course and go directly into the Aesthetics Instructors course ( another 750 hours ). Once you have an aesthetics license and a instructors license I would consider taking an RN flex exam. Once you have your nursing and your aesthetics/instructors licensures I would encourage you to become extremely involved in teaching. Three, you could work under a licensed physician and take Medical Aesthetics courses within the IPAM/ Austin Medical Aesthetics FACE Conference. Any which way you look Farah you have a new plot of life to reshape your life. I am sure you have an amazing background and you could fit into the Medical Aesthetics Professional growth as you decide which direction you will start with. finacially, you would be best off with the Teaching Sector but you to start with the aesthetics license first.
Sincerely,
Anna D. Rinehart

Rachel in Mays Landing, New Jersey

77 months ago

Thank you for your free advice, Anna. I have been seriously considering taking an esthtician course. I have found what you said to be true. I don't think I can work independently as a RN. I will need more. However, I may go into fillers and botox which will require a physician / medical director. In this case, I may as well do all of it under him or her. Don't you think?
What is your title? Are you an esthetician?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Dear Rachel in Mays Landing,
You can be trained for medical aesthetics Fillers only under the physician. I am sure you would be accepted under a physician. I do not know one course under Medical Aesthetics that would take you w/o a license at least as a LPN. It is still too high of risk to take an unlicensed physician/nurse both for the patient and for the physician to provide cosmetic fillers. My title is a nurse-aesthetician-facial aesthetic instructor-CEU Provider-
My aesthetician training actually is what gave me more understanding as to what was needed to promote Medical Aesthetics. My nursing background gave me an insight into what was missing form the medical perspective. There is a great deal of opportunity for you to grow and develop within this growing speciality.
I know you will do well.
Sincerely,
Anna

Martha Chiriboga in Independence, Missouri

77 months ago

Anna,
Do you recommend that as a CIDESCO graduate (next year), I go back to school to become an LPN in order to get an edge? Or, will my CIDESCO diploma be suffice it?

The GREAT news is that most LPN course are ONE-YEAR long!!! I can swing that online, someplace accredited. Do you have any recommendation on LPN schools?

Thanks,
Martha

jena in San Diego, California

77 months ago

hi, i recommend that everyone who is wondering which educational path to take in medical esthetics to first check what is LEGAL to perform in your state. Every state is different. Just google whatever your state is and then medical board. For example, i googled California medical board (medbd.ca.gov) and i found out that the only qualified individuals who can perform the lasering, injectables, etc are either registered nurses, doctors, physician assistants, or nurse practitioners. It also specified that a medical assistant, lvn/lpn, or aesthetician CANNOT perform these. Not even if they are licensed and certified in laser training (certified laser professional A.K.A CLP). Im glad i checked that out before i spent thousands of dollars on that..so now im going to become a nurse. i am a licensed aesthetician and my dream is to become a cosmetic nurse/aesthetician.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Martha, Get your LPN, your aestheticians license and your instructors license. Many doctors I have calling me requesting a nurse in specific a LPN/RN. Take medical Aesthethics Course like ours . you will learn so much more than you thouhgt.There are physicians in the class that will help you where you are weak.

farah jaffery in Matawan, New Jersey

77 months ago

Thank you Anna, I really appreciate your input. I was confused before but now with the options, I can really decide to take a direction.
I will be in touch.
Thank you once again.

Dawn in Warwick, New York

77 months ago

I am a licensed cosmetologist in NJ. I have been a stay at home mom for about 12 years now, but have been a freelance makeup artist in the meantime. I have been thinking of re-entering the workforce in esthetics, or medical esthetics. How would I pursue this. Do I need to get a esthetician license even though I have a cosmetology license already?

Brenda in Round Rock, Texas

77 months ago

This question is for Anna Rinehart, I'd like to know if you can recommend a school in or around Austin,Tx for someone such as myself that is interested in going to school to become an esthetician working in a day spa at first then through continued education eventually get work in a doctor's office working as a medical esthetician? Can you recommend a school that will have what I need to set me on the path that I want to follow? Thank you for your time.

77 months ago

Dear Brenda in Round Rock,
I think you should the school based on the following factors;1. Who is actually teaching/your program 2. What is their daily itinerary 3. Proximity/Cost/special guest instructors.
If, I had to make a choice among the schools there I might would choose Baldwins, Vogue, Jennisa, Paul Mitchell in that order. Each school has a program and each one has something good to offer you.
Stay focused on your objectives, learn as much as you can and prepare yourself for a competive arena. I wish you the best in your decision making.
Sincerely,
Anna D. Rinehart
Medical Aesthetics FACE® Conference
Facial Aesthetics Cosmetic Educationâ„¢
1-888-769-3223
www.medicalaesthetics.com

Brenda in Round Rock, Texas

77 months ago

Thank you for your reply. If my long term goal is to become a medical aesthetician should I perhaps go to school and become an LPN first then maybe go and take a class your school offers in medical aesthetics or is that course only offered to existing aesthics wishing to build upon their exisiting license? Is ACC a good choice for obtaining an LPN license? I am looking for the shortest and least expensive route to my goal I guess you could say. What are your thoughts on LPN online courses?

sarah in Hacienda Heights, California

76 months ago

jena in San Diego, California said: hi, i recommend that everyone who is wondering which educational path to take in medical esthetics to first check what is LEGAL to perform in your state. Every state is different. Just google whatever your state is and then medical board. For example, i googled California medical board (medbd.ca.gov) and i found out that the only qualified individuals who can perform the lasering, injectables, etc are either registered nurses, doctors, physician assistants, or nurse practitioners. It also specified that a medical assistant, lvn/lpn, or aesthetician CANNOT perform these. Not even if they are licensed and certified in laser training (certified laser professional A.K.A CLP). Im glad i checked that out before i spent thousands of dollars on that..so now im going to become a nurse. i am a licensed aesthetician and my dream is to become a cosmetic nurse/aesthetician.

Do you hapen to know of any schools or facilites that offer training for microdermabrasion and chemical peels?

jena in Newport Beach, California

76 months ago

hi Sarah, that is really funny because that is exactly what i am searching for right now. It is definitely hard to find in california. The only ones that i have found so far are in other states (Viginia, Georgia, Florida, New York, Illinois) which would mean hotel, airfare. . if you are willing to travel. Also, too, how long do you want the training to be? i have found that every program is different and can last anywhere from 2 days to 3 months. .

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

2 days is too short unless it is just an overview.

I feel that three months may be too long. I would have to see the syllabus of these in order to tell.

As for online LPN courses, make sure that your state accepts them or you will be wasting your money if you intend to be an LPN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Heather G. in Jackson, New Jersey

76 months ago

Hi everyone! I have been doing a lot of research and have found that there really isnt scuh thing as a "medical esthetician". However, I am very interested in working with burn/cancer patients in providing corrective/camouflage skin care.

I am a certified teacher and am not happy in my field. I have always wanted to work in the esthetics field but need to know a good program in NJ or NY to specialize in this area. If anyone has any information regarding this specialty of esthetics, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Sarah in Hacienda Heights, California

76 months ago

jena in Newport Beach, California said: hi Sarah, that is really funny because that is exactly what i am searching for right now. It is definitely hard to find in california. The only ones that i have found so far are in other states (Viginia, Georgia, Florida, New York, Illinois) which would mean hotel, airfare. . if you are willing to travel. Also, too, how long do you want the training to be? i have found that every program is different and can last anywhere from 2 days to 3 months. .

Thanks for your response. So far you tube has been my only training in micro and chemical peels. My boss wants me to start offering these services to her clients but I don't feel comfortable. It's a high demand from spas but hard to find the training. My next attempt might be to call a medical spa office who might be willing to train. I think 2 days would be fine for taining and certificate.I purchased a a Microdermabrasion book from Milady.com and it has helped. I just need to pratice on people to gain the confidence. It would be geat to have a certificate to back me up

jena in San Diego, California

76 months ago

hey sarah, have you checked out Empire medical training? I just remembered that they have a two-day workshop coming up I think on June 21st in Las Vegas but if that one is full, i know they other ones coming up too. It includes microdermabrasion, laser, IPL, and botox which is it is a pretty good deal for $945. Licensed aestheticians are able to attend and participate in all hands on training. They certify you at the end too. their phone number is 1-866-333-6747. I might be there so maybe you will see me! Good luck :)

yub in Monroe Township, New Jersey

76 months ago

emme in Mount Laurel, New Jersey said: Regarding the comment about the field being swamped. I would think that would really be based on area and what state you are in? For example here in NJ, there is only one school in the are that you can get a ertified as a "medical" esthesitian. Alot of the schools basicall have a cosmetology program and throw in learning some facials. So I know of doctors here (I am originally a medical transcriptionist), who are in need of "trained" people.

I am in Nj and I was told that only doctors/nurses can do medical esthsitian. I hope this medical esthsitian is same as Laser esthesitian. I have to work either NY or PA, but not in NJ. Is that true? I did not also find any school offering Laser esthesition certificate in NJ and/or NY.
I found only one in AZ, Laser Institute.
Please verify this information for me.

Martha Chiriboga in Independence, Missouri

76 months ago

yub,
it's been said before...READ prior posts...AND contact your specific state board for what an esthetician can and can't do before you spend your money on expensive training.

yub in Monroe Township, New Jersey

76 months ago

thanks for your reply. I would like also to know which direction state board of 45 states (except, GA, NJ, OH, FL and CA)is heading in the future, meaning if they will join these 5 states so that only Dr. or nurses can do medical aesthetics?
And is there any school in NJ/NY issuing laser certifications?
I did not find any.

Angela Lillie in Saint Petersburg, Florida

76 months ago

A medical aesthetician is a licensed aesthetician with medical aesthetics certification for clinical skin care skills. The medical aesthetician is becoming more accepted by the medical profession as one that performs treatments, procedures and protocols that enhance positive outcomes for patient care. A medical aesthetician will work with physicians,nurses, ( NP/RN/LPN/ ) and other allied professionals. As with any profession trying to grow/ and become validated it will require special training/certification/license. The aesthetician should welcome this growing specialized body of knowledge and decide if this is what they want. The medical aesthetician job market is broad and this is important for any specialized person seeking security within their chosen field.

Hi, this is for Anna. I am a licensed esthetician in the state of florida and I actually took a full coarse for paramedical estheticain from kieser career college the first of its kind in this part of the region program was 1200 hrs and full time student 1yr to complete. My question is if my schooling is so hard to come by all in one complete program and we have advance training in peels, micro, face sculpting, knowledge of injections sites,training for pre & post laser tx, etc but what I am finding is they medical field wants this type of training in there estheticians but are not hiring I have been out of school for close to 1yr and have had experience for 2yrs including school clinics and have applied to several places since finishing school with no luck for dr.s office or med spa all want someone experienced well how do you do that if you are not given a chance to use what we learned in school for paramedical esthetician. Yes I am working in a spa but it is not what I was fully trained for and to be honest I miss doing intense tx. So if you have any words of wisdom to tell for this paramedical esthetician in florida great.

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Martha Chiriboga in Independence, Missouri said: contact your specific state board for what an esthetician can and can't do before you spend your money on expensive training.

I have to agree Martha.

Much of what many THINK is medical esthetics is not. It is the practice of medicine. When you perform a service or procedure under a license, you are responsible for all procedures and the limitations of that license. When you are performing laser, you are essentially laying down your esthetician's license and picking up whatever other license or certification granting you permission to do laser. As an esthetician you could loose your license, otherwise."

76 months ago

Dear Jeff B.,
Do you have any other education behind you besides the aesthetician license? Many aestheticians do have specialized training under the the physicians they work for which permits their advanced working priviledges. Lasers are just one minor part of Medical Aesthetics. I would encourage you to take more advanced clinical perspectives courses for updated knowledge. Every aesthetician working with physicians/nurses and other allied health care professionals can grow professionally by learning how to systematically address the skin beyond routine facials. I thought you worked for AAEA? If, your background is an aesthetic license with no clinical skin care management skills or training in Medical Aesthetics it is so hard to encourage education. Everyone in the aesthetic field is destined to stay exactly where they are without further CEU. It does not matter if you agree with Medical Aesthetics as it was first conceieved and breathed into the aesthetic field. Medical Aesthetics is not practicing Medicine. Medical Aesthetics was created to faciliate the positive outcome of facial aesthetic qualms. There is a strong history, definition, concept, clinical perspective for physicians, nurses and aestheticians as Medical Aesthetics was first presented both in the Medical world and the Aesthetic platforms since 1986. The first books was written in 1996. The first college implemented Medical Aesthetics in 1996. The first hospital to teach Medical Aesthetics was in 1990. We have been teaching Medical Aesthetics for a run 18 years. In every course we have physicians, nurses and aestheticians that are astounded at the information provided them. Each licensed attendee truly gains an infrastructure for the Practice of Medical Aesthetics.

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Angela Lillie in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: Hi, this is for Anna. I am a licensed esthetician in the state of florida and I actually took a full coarse for paramedical estheticain from kieser career college the first of its kind in this part of the region program was 1200 hrs and full time student 1yr to complete. My question is if my schooling is so hard to come by all in one complete program and we have advance training in peels, micro, face sculpting, knowledge of injections sites,training for pre & post laser tx, etc but what I am finding is they medical field wants this type of training in there estheticians but are not hiring I have been out of school for close to 1yr and have had experience for 2yrs including school clinics and have applied to several places since finishing school with no luck for dr.s office or med spa all want someone experienced well how do you do that if you are not given a chance to use what we learned in school for paramedical esthetician. Yes I am working in a spa but it is not what I was fully trained for and to be honest I miss doing intense tx. So if you have any words of wisdom to tell for this paramedical esthetician in florida great.

Unfortunately, I have heard your story many times. I am sure Anna will be able to help.

Jeff

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Anna,

Let's first get your questions out of the way:

"Do you have any other education behind you besides the aesthetician license?"

As a matter of fact, Yes.

"I thought you worked for AAEA?"

Actually, I'm honored to say that I was on the Board of Directors (Director of Research & Development) for 8 years.

Now your comments:

"Many aestheticians do have specialized training under the physicians they work for which permits their advanced working priviledges."

Their advanced working priviledges stems from the individual working under the umbrella and protection of the physician. If you are talking about an esthetician working under the doctors license as an employee I agree. As for performing these procedures "with" a physician (meaning as an esthetician under their esthetics license (in Texas, this would be a cosmetology license or skin care specialist) please refer me to the rule, regulation or law with allows this "priviledge". The last time I checked in Texas with the TDLR their position was very clear.

"Every aesthetician working with physicians/nurses and other allied health care professionals can grow professionally by learning how to systematically address the skin beyond routine facials."

I agree with you. There is a great lack of good education in the field of aesthetics and learning how to systematically address the skin beyond routine facials is needed. What I was addressing was the law. Texas law does not permit many of the procedures which many have stated that they were interested in performing. However, I could be wrong and would be happy to hear any supportive information. What law permits an aesthetician to administer Botox or apply 100% acid at a pH of 2? And what Insurance Company insures an aesthetician to perform these procedures?

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

CONTINUED

"If, your background is an aesthetic license with no clinical skin care management skills or training in Medical Aesthetics it is so hard to encourage education."

Actually my knowledge and training is more than my aesthetics license. I have worked in burn centers and studied at University of Texas Southwestern Medical and practiced for over 42 years. In addition my brother was a surgeon and I had the privledge to assist on a number of procedures. However I don't understand your statement.

"Medical Aesthetics is not practicing Medicine."

I don't recall saying it was or is. I am saying just the opposite. My words were: "Much of what many THINK is medical esthetics is not. It is the practice of medicine." However, many of the procedures which have been mentioned here are or, at the very least, outside the scope of an aesthetician's license. Therefore, performing procedues such as these as either an independent conctractor with a physician or as a renter (which means that you would also have a Specialty Business License) could jepordise these licenses.

"Medical Aesthetics was created to faciliate the positive outcome of facial aesthetic qualms."

Interesting statement. I have no idea what you mean.

Medical Aesthetics does not exist as far as the law is concerned. It is new. But, there are laws on the books which regulate many of the procedures which are involved.

My question: In what State are you a licensed aesthetician?

76 months ago

Jeff B.,
Do hold a nursing background? I know many people who have worked in burn centers but it did not require them to be a physician or nurse. There is always extra help on the floor with exposure to these centers but it does not make them medical professionals. I mean no disrespect. An aesthetician needs to show specialized training in every procedure that they learn along the way if they are going to integrte this within a medical aesthetics skin health and wellness center/ medical spa or other office. I think there will be a license in time. All new clinical skills performed by the physician, nurse and aesthetician is not what they learned under their direct training. Medical aesthetics has tremendous positive impact on facial aesthetic concerns ( qualms ) that the man or woman enters these kinds of programs for in the first place.
I encourage you to take an advanced course in Medical Aesthetics and recognize the depth of knowledge the physician/nurse and aesthetician incorporates within their practice. For me to try to discuss Medical Aesthetics over a few sentences fragments the ideas. But, Medical Aesthetics is not medicine. I would be glad to sit down with you at another time go over the concept for Clinical Skin Care Management.
Just the phrase Medical Aesthetics, in the english language...one is a verb and one is a noun. The subject of the phrase is Aesthetics, the type of aesthetics is medical " a verb".Hence, we have medically oriented aesthetics.
I am a Texas Aesthetician.

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

I'm Sorry. I forgot to mention that I do have certification in medical esthetics (Lerma Institute). This is why I think it's important that people understand what they are getting into and the laws.

You may have missed my other questions: What law permits an aesthetician to administer Botox or apply 100% acid at a pH of 2? And what Insurance Company insures an aesthetician to perform these procedures or working as an Independent Contractor or renter?

76 months ago

Jeff B,
There are no laws that permit an aesthetician to perform Botox. No aesthetician should perform Botox. If, a physician permits an aesthetician to perform a procedure that is a Alpha Hydroxy Acid @ a pH of 2, then the physician must know how to perform the procedure himself/herself. Each are responsible to know how it works, indications, contradications, adverse reactions, and the normal sequale of healing.There are clinical protocols that must be followed and adhered to in order to avoid a abnoraml reaction. That is a skill and subject that may be instructed/demonstrated and properly adhered to for positive outcomes. These aestheticians that work with physicians can receive insurance if they show whom they were instructed by, hours in the skills, what are the licensures of the instructor ( generally nurse-aesthetician and physicians ).Generalyy, highly skilled aestheticians that are self motivated would not stay in a "spa". This kind of aesthetician would be more independant and surround their self with highly educated skilled and multi-talented professionals so they can grow and develop in their selected specialty.

Audrey Penksa in Scottsdale, Arizona

76 months ago

Lisa Marie in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Generally a "medical Esthetician" is usually considered a nurse/esthetician. However you can become a laser certified esthetician in some states and work on the medical side of things under a Dr.s supervision. That is what Im doing in AZ.

I'm going to the Intern Academy of Esthetics in July and looking toward the medical side. Where's a place you could recommend to get laser certified?

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Audrey Penksa in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I'm going to the Intern Academy of Esthetics in July and looking toward the medical side. Where's a place you could recommend to get laser certified?

I'm not familiar with it. Where is it located?

76 months ago

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas said: I'm not familiar with it. Where is it located?

It's located in Tempe, AZ

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Anna D. Rinehart in Killeen, Texas said:
These aestheticians that work with physicians can receive insurance if they show whom they were instructed by, hours in the skills, what are the licensures of the instructor ( generally nurse-aesthetician and physicians ).QUOTE]

Anna,
Can you give us the names of a few of these companies which offer this? I would love to talk to them and get more details so that I could recommend them to others who are looking. Just recently I had another certified medical aesthetician comment to me: "What was the sense in spending all that money for what I got and then find out that I can't do it because I can't find insurance or I am not permitted to."

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Audrey Penksa in Scottsdale, Arizona said: It's located in Tempe, AZ

I asked beause I tried to research it but can't find anything on "Intern Academy of Esthetics"

Can you give me more info?

76 months ago

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas said: I asked beause I tried to research it but can't find anything on "Intern Academy of Esthetics"

Sorry it's actually called International Academy College of Aesthetics formerly known as National Aesthetics Institute of Scottsdale!

76 months ago

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas said: I asked beause I tried to research it but can't find anything on "Intern Academy of Esthetics"

www.nationalaestheticsinstitute.com/

P. Ricco in Hillsborough, New Jersey

75 months ago

emme in Mount Laurel, New Jersey said: Regarding the comment about the field being swamped. I would think that would really be based on area and what state you are in? For example here in NJ, there is only one school in the are that you can get a ertified as a "medical" esthesitian. Alot of the schools basicall have a cosmetology program and throw in learning some facials. So I know of doctors here (I am originally a medical transcriptionist), who are in need of "trained" people.

I'm looking into attending Ethesticians School but also wnat to be trained in Laser Skin Care - Any advise and which Dr's are looking for "trained" people?? I have been in Corproate World and have excellent people skills and great with building relationships and do have past Medical Training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

emme in Mount Laurel, New Jersey said: The only school I know of that you can go to and become a "certified medical est.", as apposed to just an ets. is Burlington County Technical Institute.

Thanks - One other ?? - Do I need a license to do the Laser Work or just the Esthetician license?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Can someone please explain the difference between the License to work in the Laser Skin CareIndustry and/or working as a Licensed Esthetician in NJ?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.