You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

tinasett13 in Eatontown, New Jersey

73 months ago

I love them... they should have a trainer in the area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KBurke in Rohnert Park, California

73 months ago

tinasett13 in Eatontown, New Jersey said: I love them... they should have a trainer in the area

Yeah! But it isn't free

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tinasett13 in Eatontown, New Jersey

73 months ago

It is in New Jersey. Let me know if I could help with anything.

They should train to help you sell!
They would make more money in the long run.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Spf15 in New York, New York

72 months ago

KBurke in Rohnert Park, California said: Does anyone has more info about Eminence Products? I work with this line, but I don't get a lot info from them if I don't go to their classes ($125). I would love to find someone to give me some more info. Thanks

If you go to the upcoming aesthetics show at the javits center, eminence will
be there and you can inquire directly from an employer. I think the show is in
April.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

estykimkat in Marietta, Georgia

72 months ago

eminence is the best product line ever. i don't work for them, but i am a licensed esty and a devoted eminence user. what specific questions do you have?

simplebeauty in London, Ontario

72 months ago

KBurke in Rohnert Park, California said: Does anyone has more info about Eminence Products? I work with this line, but I don't get a lot info from them if I don't go to their classes ($125). I would love to find someone to give me some more info. Thanks

We use Eminence and we get FREE training..we even have our regional trainer come to our spa and complete the training for us! We do have a cost that if she is coming to do a 2 day training that we pay for her hotel(but we are a resort, so that cost is easily absorbed)

simplebeauty in London, Ontario

72 months ago

KBURKE in Rohnert Park, California said: How to be more agressive with the line, and how to mix mask to improve someone's skin?

if you have an active account with Eminence, you should be able to log onto the site and print off the manual as it contains the information you'd be looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alyson Rae in Seattle, Washington

71 months ago

A few favorite tricks with Eminence:

-Adding their oxidizing talc to whatever cleanser and exfoliating masque you choose. Great for desincrustation before extractions. Don't add it to enzyme peels though, it'll neutralize them a bit.

-When performing extractions, spray some Soothing Chamomile Tonique on your cotton or tissue. Really softens up the sebum.

-If your client isn't sensitive, use the hot stuff! Eight Greens masque is my all time fave from their line, and I prefer the one that's enhanced with paprika. It's like CPR for the skin. I like to mix the Herbal Mud treatment in with any number of treatment masques, equal parts, for an extra kick. You can do the same with Lime Stimulating masque, I feel the mud better detoxes.

-Chocolate Mousse Hydrating masque is great with all the other fruit masques. And clients practically melt into the table as soon as they smell it. It's sticky as all hell though, keep it wet with damp cotton. To maximize any Eminence products, using damp cotton or plastic wrap with a hot towel over it (and a dry towel over that to insulate) really aids in penetration while you bust out with a hand or scalp massage.

-With really chunky masques (Carrot Vitamin, Coconut Cream, Blueberry Soy, anything Tradition Series, etc.), I like to layer it over another more liquid masque using damp gauze and a hot towel over that. That way, your guest isn't pulling fruit pulp out of their ears in the parking lot. Cut the masque with some aloe gel or jojoba oil and apply it over the gauze with your hands, and it will spread easily.

- For sensitive and rosacea clients, the Sweet Red Rose products are wonderful, and the Rosehip Maize exfoliant is easy to control. The Seven Herb Treatment is freaking fantastic for rosacea and couperose, as well as super acneic skin. If I'm in a longer facial, I'll follow one of the hot treatments with Seven Herb under a cool towel to bring the flush down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Alyson Rae in Seattle, Washington

71 months ago

-If you are curious about products you don't have (and you don't need them all, if Eminence has one fault, it would be some level of redundancy), you can order 1.5 oz samples from them for five bucks a pop before you order a whole backbar size.

-They have starter tubes for everything now, and we can't keep them on the shelves. With a new client, I'll try to incorporate at least 3 products that are in whatever tube is specific to their skin into their facial. That way at the end when I'm prescribing products, I can sell them the whole package to try out for a month. Always remember to remind guests how concentrated this stuff is, and how far that little jar with the sixty dollar price tag will go.
And most importantly, get your rep to teach you some tricks. And get as much loot out of them as you can, samples, prescription cards, measuring spoons for back bar (that dole out a perfect Lima bean sized dollops of product), newsletters, and catalogues. Don't forget that they're working for you! They're fantastic in the NW, and always more than happy to let me pick their brains. And try to get to a seminar, the international trainers
really drum up excitement about the products, and you get a couple of free retail sized products (last one I went to, I scored a sugar scrub and body lotion, that's about $100 retail!).

Any more questions? I can go on and on...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DenverEsty in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

If your spa carries eminence it should be free training. I know I got training about four or five times in about nine months time with them. However the training they offer is kind of.... lets say vauge. Most of the questions I had regarding very technical information was answered in a very roundabout manner that in my opinion did not actually address what I was really after. If you want more information, get out your ingredient dictionaries and start looking up each individual ingredient in the product line. This is helpful b/c eminence does not use preservatives in their product line and a LOT of my customers(worked at a spa that carried eminence) were very concerned about this. But I have researched each ingredient and I know what specific ingredients act as a NATURAL preservative. I found the training was most beneficial in terms of sales techniques. And I have to hand it to the Eminence trainers, they KNOW how to spin it to make you WANT to buy it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amber Elliott in Bakersfield, California

64 months ago

We have just ordered the line and are very excited to start using it. Any information you share is very helpful.Thank you

liz in Phoenix, Arizona

62 months ago

Curious to know if you still use Eminence, I want to start using their line but one of my esthetician grlfriend mentioned they are to fluffy and don't really work? She suggested Emergin C skin care line instead. I would rather get feedback from someone who has used it. Please give me your input. Thanks
Liz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LaVie Prive Medispa in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

liz in Phoenix, Arizona said: Curious to know if you still use Eminence, I want to start using their line but one of my esthetician grlfriend mentioned they are to fluffy and don't really work? She suggested Emergin C skin care line instead. I would rather get feedback from someone who has used it. Please give me your input. Thanks
Liz

We love Eminence, but certain products do sell better than others. Definitely there is a preference and strong demand for moisturizers and masques, Stone Crop, 8 Greens for sure. The eye creams are hard to sell, as is the lip balm, and the toniques (while great especially in warm clients). Depends on your clientele really; if they prefer organic, all-natural, they will love Eminence. If they are more for anti-aging or acneic skin, we tend to sell our pharmaceutical line, Image Skin Care.

liz in Laveen, Arizona

62 months ago

Thank you for responding

pixxiegirl in Ann Arbor, Michigan

61 months ago

i work with the line. its huge. we dont attend classes but a rep comes in to teach us stuff. what do u want to know?

pixxiegirl in Ann Arbor, Michigan

61 months ago

they hav to be set in room temp. all the products r suppossed to be mixed w water cause their highly concentrated. naseberry is their = to glycolic acid. their stone crop is really gentle and only produces results with no problem skin. paprika be careful w...turns skin bright red. best results peel with facials is the fruit pulp peel. products have 14 mo shelf life lemon juice and salycylic acid r the preservatives used. blue berry exfoliant cleanser and coconut line are great sellers. chamomile toner is a ph of 9 and used after all peels.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

spaglow in Modesto, California

60 months ago

I have been looking into this line as my main back bar/retail line but feel like it may be lacking (as most lines) in one or two areas. Any ideas as to another line that would complement it other than murad? I love Babor and have used it for years and was thinking it might go well, although not a real "active" line either. Any suggestions would be great!

Robin Schappell in Reading, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

We are bringing in Eminence into our spa. How do you handle back bar that stays in the room since there is such a broad line. ALso - are you creating theme facials for issues?

EducatedEsthetician in California

43 months ago

Robin Schappell in Reading, Pennsylvania said: We are bringing in Eminence into our spa. How do you handle back bar that stays in the room since there is such a broad line. ALso - are you creating theme facials for issues?

Robin, unless you are an exceptionally busy spa it won't be a good idea to try to stock every room with the full range of products ...particularly the professional sizes. You won't be able to use them fast enough, and will see a loss of quality in the product.

Highly recommend that you don't try to stock the entire line - but rather that you edit carefully to protect your finances, and also so you don't go crazy when it is time to do inventory! Try to see if your rep will recommend the best selling products and limit your purchase to those. Also see if you can have some of those products in mini-sizes for your backbar rather than retail or professional sizes. Of course (and this isn't a comment specifically about Eminence) sometimes it is quite apparent that reps are not necessarily working with your best interests in mind, so be prepared to stand your ground!

It's also a good exercise to figure out how many facials you need to do to earn back the amount you spend on your back bar buy-in!

EE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tantakatie in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

43 months ago

I love the Eminence line, but like others have stated they turn real
fast and you really have to sell! I have also used Image skin products when I was at a spa in NY and on private clients here in FL.
Their product lines are well organized, natural and easy to use. They also do not require a minimum start order, which I love and have on-going training on their products.../www.imageskincare.com.
Good Luck
Katie

Robin Schappell in Reading, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

EducatedEsthetician in California said: Robin, unless you are an exceptionally busy spa it won't be a good idea to try to stock every room with the full range of products ...particularly the professional sizes. You won't be able to use them fast enough, and will see a loss of quality in the product.

Highly recommend that you don't try to stock the entire line - but rather that you edit carefully to protect your finances, and also so you don't go crazy when it is time to do inventory! Try to see if your rep will recommend the best selling products and limit your purchase to those. Also see if you can have some of those products in mini-sizes for your backbar rather than retail or professional sizes. Of course (and this isn't a comment specifically about Eminence) sometimes it is quite apparent that reps are not necessarily working with your best interests in mind, so be prepared to stand your ground!

It's also a good exercise to figure out how many facials you need to do to earn back the amount you spend on your back bar buy-in!

EE

thanks!!!

Lilah in Renton, Washington

32 months ago

Does anyone know their dollar amount for an opening order? i have heard its a big amount and im not sure i have the budget for it yet.

Marypaula in Grayling, Michigan

30 months ago

Lilah in Renton, Washington said: Does anyone know their dollar amount for an opening order? i have heard its a big amount and im not sure i have the budget for it yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.