Esthetician Training

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

yelhsa in Chicago, Illinois

9 months ago

Im in my 30s worked retail/sales for past 12 years and going back to school for Esthetics. I love the idea of working on the medical spectrum of this field because I've struggled with acne, acne scars, combo skin to this day and have a real passion to not only gain more knowledge but also feed others that have skin conditions holding them back. I love make up and have little experience with application on others so it's an added bonus to attain training. Aware there are other facets such as massage, aromatherapy, hair removal, ect. I'm comfortable with all that goes into it except... where am I going to get the best training to stair step my way from a fresh grad working at a spa turned to dermatologist right hand esthy? Granted I have read experience, passion, motivation, and selling your self/product are the best training. I suppose I'm simply searching for any input on which Chicago schools are worth the money and time at my late start in life. Im touring a few schools (Universal Spa and Training & G Skin Institute) in a few weeks & relocating to the area so any suggestions/comments welcome!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wife2mikejh in Marion, South Carolina

8 months ago

I am also about to start school for Esthetics and am about to be 30! I have been in the banking industry. I signed up today at Miller MOtte Technical college. Their program is 9 months. Did you decide what you where you were going to go yet?

wife2mikejh in Marion, South Carolina

8 months ago

Keith I am very into alternative medicine. You can email info anytime. wife2mikejh@gmail.com

Chocolateskye in Lansing, Illinois

7 months ago

Hello Yelhsa, im wondering if you have made a decision about which school you will be attending here in Chicago? I have heard nothing but bad things about the esthetic programs near the south suburbs.I toured 3 schools so far and the one I liked the most had really bad reviews.decisions decisions.....

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.