Laser Certification?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

elaina in Brooksville, Florida

59 months ago

Well, I'm in Florida and here, once you become an esthetician, then you can work at a place that has the kind of laser that you would like to work with. Then that employer sends you to a trainning program for that particular unit. Each unit is different so if you switch jobs and they have a different one, than you'll have to retrain. Good Luck...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

IMAj in Phoenix, Arizona

56 months ago

carrieolivari in San Diego, California said: Hi! Does anyone have any information on how to acquire my laser certification in AZ? I called one of the schools, and it was almost $9,000 for 2 weeks! Is there another option I could try? Thanks so much!

Try www.imajschool.org. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mh in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

43 months ago

elaina in Brooksville, Florida said: Well, I'm in Florida and here, once you become an esthetician, then you can work at a place that has the kind of laser that you would like to work with. Then that employer sends you to a trainning program for that particular unit. Each unit is different so if you switch jobs and they have a different one, than you'll have to retrain. Good Luck...

This is not true. You may only use a laser if you are an MD, ANPR or PA working with an MD, recently FL has also recently allowed licensed electrologists with an additional 30 hour laser certification to work with lasers under an MD supervision

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ugh in Gilbert, Arizona

43 months ago

Do NOT go to IMAj... huge waste of money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Racheal in Memphis, Tennessee

39 months ago

Mh in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: This is not true. You may only use a laser if you are an MD, ANPR or PA working with an MD, recently FL has also recently allowed licensed electrologists with an additional 30 hour laser certification to work with lasers under an MD supervision

Each state is different, in TN, an aesthetician is allowed to use laser and electrolysis equipment ....with their license. I'm an Aesthetican, who purchased both peices of equipment and use them daily in my practice. I have been licensed since 2004, however, I am always taking CE classes, which are not required by the state of TN. I always take CE for my own professional growth!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

39 months ago

Racheal in Memphis, Tennessee said: Each state is different, in TN, an aesthetician is allowed to use laser and electrolysis equipment ....with their license. I'm an Aesthetican, who purchased both peices of equipment and use them daily in my practice. I have been licensed since 2004, however, I am always taking CE classes, which are not required by the state of TN. I always take CE for my own professional growth!

Racheal,

what laser equipment are you using?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeanneodonnell.ll@gmail.com in Washington, District of Columbia

39 months ago

I need your thoughts on what I should do next. I want to do all kinds of laser skin care, microdermabrasion and chemical peels. I am in DC finishing up a basics aesthetics program at Graham Webb. I have enjoyed the program and learned a lot. I already have a laser certificate and Laser Safety Officer cert from AZ. I would like to move to AZ. Should I get an LPN or a masters Aethetician's licence in MD. Laser seems to require more medical knowledge. Thanks

Blake in Waldorf, Maryland

39 months ago

carrieolivari in San Diego, California said: Hi! Does anyone have any information on how to acquire my laser certification in AZ? I called one of the schools, and it was almost $9,000 for 2 weeks! Is there another option I could try? Thanks so much!

Yes the laser institute in AZ...they have a GREAT program!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeanie in Stockton, California

39 months ago

Can licensed estheticans in California perform laser treatments, or no? I was going to take classes at NLI (www.nationallaserinstitute.com) after esthetics school, but now am confused. NLI has a San Francisco location opening soon too, so what gives?

Please clarify.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joanne in Peoria, Arizona

23 months ago

Hi There,

Yes NLI is $9000.00 but Krissy Groop who used to run the training program there has her own school and it's only $7000.00. I did my training through her and she is phenominal. Krissy is located in Scottsdale. Please let her know I referred you, My name is Joanne Hughes-Eagles (im actually going to see her today) I will let her know you are looking for a good school.

Her information is as follows:

Krissy Groop BS, CLT, LE, LSO, CEO
13402 N Scottsdale Rd Suite A-130
Scottsdale AZ 85254

www.estheticadvisorlaseracademy.com

jess in Phoenix, Arizona

22 months ago

I visited a few schools from IMAj to NLI and nothing compared to where I ended up at. Trust I researched checked reviews and emailed several medspas for their own opinion and almost everyone recommended SWINA. SWINA which is Southwest Institute of Natural Aesthetics have an awesome laser program its 180 hours but you get extensive training. It is a little bit over $4,000 but it is so worth it. Dr.Hooker, MD is the trainer and she is tough but she is super knowledgeable. By the time you are done with the program you will be very comfortable doing procedure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jess in Phoenix, Arizona

22 months ago

Also SWINA is ARRA certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanne ODonnell in Washington, District of Columbia

22 months ago

I am getting my LPN. If I had more time I would get an RN license.
States have different laws about who can operate lasers. With a medical background and license you can do more.

Cookie in Phoenix, Arizona

17 months ago

IF you are still looking into a laser place I did my training at ClearSkin Institute in Phoenix, AZ. 40 hour didactic with hands on training. I believe the 10 day program was $6500. Amazing instructors and really good trainers!

Lori in Leesburg, Florida

15 months ago

Mh in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: This is not true. You may only use a laser if you are an MD, ANPR or PA working with an MD, recently FL has also recently allowed licensed electrologists with an additional 30 hour laser certification to work with lasers under an MD supervision[/QUOTe

Can one work for a laser hair removal clinic with just esthetician license, under physician care and not be a electrologists?

Cookie in Mesa, Arizona

15 months ago

Lori in Leesburg, Florida said:

in Arizona rules are different. Aestheticians can operate the lasers so long as they are laser certified and have gone thru the training course. but for deeper resurfacing treatments you need to be an RN or MD.

lcarbutt in Phoenix, Arizona

13 months ago

Does anyone have decent data on the percentage of people who go to school to learn lasers (and are not aestheticians) and find jobs in the field within a few months? I am considering school but I'm hearing that the market is too saturated with laser techs. comments?

Al in Bayside, New York

1 month ago

I've been interested in becoming a Laser Medical Technican(LMT)
I would be greatful for someone with experience to answer my questions. Thank you very much!

1. What is a good LMT and /or esthetician New York Schoool to attend?
2. Is it wiser (more lucrative) to become an esthetician before a LMT?
3. Are Doctors only highering LMT's who are only a licenced esthetician?
4. Is this a lucrative consistent safe career?
5. Will aquiring a LMT certification in Penn, rather than NY not a good idea, given possible LMT licencing laws in the future?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.