Master Esthetician exam - virginia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 161)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Amy in Fairfax, Virginia

62 months ago

Pleaaaaase! I need help!!! I'm about to take my VA Master esthetic theory and I'm so scared, can anyone help me with a study guide or any information on the test?? also has anyone taken the practical yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

linda akbari in Richmond, Virginia

62 months ago

I don't know anything about the "Master Esthetician Exam"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Trish in Yorktown, Virginia

61 months ago

Myself and another student I went to school with took the Master Theory a little over a week ago in Va Beach and sadly both of us failed the test. There were many questions MY school never taught nor went over. I can say both her and I had no advanced make-up questions (such as airbrushing) or eyelash procedures. We are gonna go over our books and try and see all that we can remember for the re-test. In regards to the practical neither of us will have to take due to our paperwork getting in before May 1st but if I hear of anyone taking it I will let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mcbarrol@yahoo.com in Richmond, Virginia

61 months ago

Sorry to hear you failed the test. It just means we need to find out what info to study. I will look into this "Master Esthetician" test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

mcbarrol@yahoo.com in Richmond, Virginia said: Sorry to hear you failed the test. It just means we need to find out what info to study. I will look into this "Master Esthetician" test.

I appreciate your response I am gonna try and re-schedule end of June and take it again. All our Director told us when she checked statistics was that this has been a 3% pass rate meaning 97% have failed...somewhere something is wrong. I graduated with High Honors, all of my tests in the 98% during school but this test was beyond my scope of studies. We were not prepared and the school says they did not have great preparation from the state to help teach us so now I am totally frustrated. At least they are paying for our re-take. If you hear of anything let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Hi,

We need to check "Barnes and Nobles" or the Library for books on preparation for the Master exam. I will check into very soon, but I'm sure they must have something on it. I'm glad I know someone who took the exam, so other estheticians can prepare themselves.

61 months ago

Amy in Fairfax, Virginia said: Pleaaaaase! I need help!!! I'm about to take my VA Master esthetic theory and I'm so scared, can anyone help me with a study guide or any information on the test?? also has anyone taken the practical yet?

Hello,

Check "Barnes and Noble" or your local library, I think they would have that master exam preperation. I hope so, because I take my exam in August 2010.

linda

anita_baba2001@yahoo.com in Alexandria, Virginia

61 months ago

Hi,
I am about to take my practical exam on June 14th in Leesburg, VA. I am worried about the fact that I will probably be the first one to take it.
For the theory I have purchased from Milady the Online Licensing Preparation study guide($29), that is an interactive testing program using the Advanced Esthetics Milady book. Most of the questions are foreign to me, even though I have also had great scores in school. They go way beyond our scope, but this online tool is been helping me, so I thought I will share that information with you guys.
Anita

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Hello,

Thanks for letting me know about the study guide for "Advanced Esthetics" I will buy the book and study it for me "Master Esthetician Exam.

linda

61 months ago

Trish in Yorktown, Virginia said: Myself and another student I went to school with took the Master Theory a little over a week ago in Va Beach and sadly both of us failed the test. There were many questions MY school never taught nor went over. I can say both her and I had no advanced make-up questions (such as airbrushing) or eyelash procedures. We are gonna go over our books and try and see all that we can remember for the re-test. In regards to the practical neither of us will have to take due to our paperwork getting in before May 1st but if I hear of anyone taking it I will let you know.

Hello,

Please order the "Study Guide" for the "Advanced Esthetics" book,for "Master Esthetician exam" this will help you out. Order from Milady.com

linda

61 months ago

Linda..I was looking over that Master portion you can sign up for on Milady. I actually had a membership for the basic Esthetics for when I took last years theory. Thank you for all your help it is greatly appreciated and I will be ordering it to help me along with my studies.

61 months ago

I too am gonna purchase the online Milady program for the advanced theory. I took my boards a few weeks ago and did not pass. I felt the test had questions that were beyond my scope on some areas as well and hoping this will help fill in the gaps. I too had very high scores thru-out the school year but felt I was very unprepared when taking it. Good luck to you...just got my approval to re-test so I will be scheduling mine again in a few weeks.

61 months ago

Let me know if it helped after you have taken the test.

passed master exam with 100% in Richmond, Virginia

61 months ago

your school should know what is on the exam. what schools are you guys at? this is really a school issue!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

passed master exam with 100% in Richmond, Virginia

61 months ago

Trish in Yorktown, Virginia said: I appreciate your response I am gonna try and re-schedule end of June and take it again. All our Director told us when she checked statistics was that this has been a 3% pass rate meaning 97% have failed...somewhere something is wrong. I graduated with High Honors, all of my tests in the 98% during school but this test was beyond my scope of studies. We were not prepared and the school says they did not have great preparation from the state to help teach us so now I am totally frustrated. At least they are paying for our re-take. If you hear of anything let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

what school is this?

linda in Richmond, Virginia

61 months ago

What school are you going too?

61 months ago

Linda...congrats on your exam. I attended IHH in Newport News. My first year there was awesome and had great training and was prepared for the exam. This year did not go as well and trust me this has been an issue with not only myself but the other students that attended or at least the ones that did not drop out due to our poor education. The books I received and was told all I needed this year to study with was Milady Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels and Ensuring an Optimal Outcome in Skin Care. I received a couple of hand-outs on Lymphatic Drainage that the teacher printed herself that she felt may be useful that was it. We asked for the Advanced Esthetics book but they felt it was just a repeat of the books we already had "listed above" and did not purchase. From what my director said regarding what should be on the test she said to study those books above and the last 2 chapters of our OLD Esthetic book we had from basic?? Our school does not have laser so at the end of the year they called in a teacher who had her own LED and Microcurrent machine and taught us for 3hrs on that subject and gave us a hand-out on laser. We did not do an advanced body treatment class for our Director stated that when she checked the guidelines it was not mentioned we had to take it and never performed any advanced wraps. This is only a small portion of what has occured this year. Of course since both myself and the other student did not pass now they have gone ahead and paid for the next theory and NOW have given me the Adv Esthetic book..they just called the other day and got in a Laser book and a few other they felt could help. I still feel lost at this point of where and what I need to focus on to study. If you have any pointers and advice of where I should be reading and what books to focus on now since I have so many NOW I don't even know where to start. If you could email me at goodrichtnt1@juno.com I would greatly appreciate it with any help you can give.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Please check out www.nictesting.org for the sample test for M.E.
linda

61 months ago

Linda, I do have the nictesting print-out with the few sample questions that are attached. Did you all use the Milady Advanced Esthetic book for your schooling?

61 months ago

Trish in Yorktown, Virginia said: Linda, I do have the nictesting print-out with the few sample questions that are attached. Did you all use the Milady Advanced Esthetic book for your schooling?

Yes I did, plus the study guide from milady for M. Estheticians.

Amy in Alexandria, Virginia

61 months ago

Trish in Yorktown, Virginia said: Myself and another student I went to school with took the Master Theory a little over a week ago in Va Beach and sadly both of us failed the test. There were many questions MY school never taught nor went over. I can say both her and I had no advanced make-up questions (such as airbrushing) or eyelash procedures. We are gonna go over our books and try and see all that we can remember for the re-test. In regards to the practical neither of us will have to take due to our paperwork getting in before May 1st but if I hear of anyone taking it I will let you know.

Trish thank you for the info, have you guys re-taken the test? if so can you give me some pointers or a study guide that I can follow? I also failed my test.
Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

Hey Amy sorry to hear that you did not pass. Neither of us have re-scheduled but I plan on making a date soon. I did order the Milady online Licensing study guide for Advanced Esthetics and have been working on that which costed $29.00 and you have a yr membership with it. Both of us sat down and wrote notes on everything we could remember from the test and using the nictesting guidelines as well to see where her and I had our weakness at being that we went to the same school we found that we were lacking in the same subjects.

61 months ago

linda akbari in Richmond, Virginia said: I don't know anything about the "Master Esthetician Exam"

I found the info on the "Master Esthetician" Licensing Exam go to www.delmarlearning.com

61 months ago

Amy in Fairfax, Virginia said: Pleaaaaase! I need help!!! I'm about to take my VA Master esthetic theory and I'm so scared, can anyone help me with a study guide or any information on the test?? also has anyone taken the practical yet?

Yes,

For the "Master Esthetician" Preperation for License is at

www.delmarlearning.com.

61 months ago

"Master Online License Preperation" www.delmarlearning.com

Amy in Fairfax, Virginia

61 months ago

I found it ridiculous that there's only a 3% rate passing for the state board test.
How can they test us on 5 different text books if we only use ONE book at school it makes no sense.
Virginia state board is runned by SCHOOL OWNERS that make the rules as they please and only benefit their pockets!!! they want us to believe that this whole testing was created for client safety but it has NOTHING to do with safety and EVERYTHING to do with money and how much they can make out of all of us!!! we have to pay double in school loans just to be able to do microderm and peels...it's outrageous!!!
Now they've come up with a ridiculous practical test that makes no sense using water for peel and plastic wands for microderm tips its so upsetting!!!
We need to get together and complain about this testing situation: theory and practical is absurd, if schools are using ONE TEXT BOOK we should be tested on ONE TEXT BOOK!!!!!!!!!
I'm so upset!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I totally agree with your frustration on this subject. I never ran into any problems with my basic esthetics class...we were given one book and that is what I used all year and studied out of and passed my exams with no problem. Sadly the Master has been a totally different story. The only thing I am thankful for was making the cut-off date for the practical especially after reading what you have to do. My school states they called the boards and was told what to study out of which was apparantly wrong so I still have no clue and very frustrated as well. They said they wrote letters and complained but I take what they say at this point with a grain of salt. The practical I find to be a joke not sure what they were thinking on that one. As far as the theory I have re-scheduled my date and trying to study all over again with new stuff I was not taught but that was my school's fault and now they are back peddling to try and fix it, little late now. If you like my email is goodrichtnt1@juno.com we can discuss further

Connie Doan in Mclean, Virginia

60 months ago

passed master exam with 100% in Richmond, Virginia said: what school is this?

Can you tell me which school that can help me to pass the master Esthetician with 100%?

Connie Doan in Mclean, Virginia

60 months ago

passed master exam with 100% in Richmond, Virginia said: your school should know what is on the exam. what schools are you guys at? this is really a school issue!!!!!

which school is this

60 months ago

Amy in Alexandria, Virginia said: No school can help you pass the test with 100% !!!
Unless off course you attend a school that's runned by the same person that sits on the State Board like Laura Todd and the Graham Webb people..this whole thing is the biggest scam it's ridiculous!!!

Amy...did you get a chance to re-take the test yet? I have mine scheduled again for this Friday ughhh hopefully I can pass it after all this mess. I totally agree with your recent comment and had thought the same thing. What books did you study from in school?

60 months ago

Hi Trish
I've schedulled my next test by the end of the month of August, I wasn't so luck so I have to do both practical and theory!!??!!! I failed my theory and based on what I have to do for the stupid practical test I'm affraid I might fail that one too...if I would have known that this was going to happen I would have NEVER go to a virginia school!!
Let me know how it goes tomorrow!!! maybe you can come up with a study guide like esthegirl did for the basic esthetics and make some buck lol!!!
where are you taking your test at?
GOOD LUCK!!!!!! let me knwo how it went...

Amy in Yorktown, Virginia

60 months ago

Just wanted to update you on the theory. Again both myself and the other student failed. I failed by one point and hers was 3. Gonna go over again everything I may have missed AGAIN and have also contacted my useless school and trying to find some sort of reimbursement for this entire mess.

60 months ago

urgggg I'm sorry to hear that!!!
I'm planning on taking mine again on august.
Any pointers you and your friend can provide? I'm sick of failing the stupid test, any help or advise will be appreciated/and or compensated lol!!!
what did your school said?

60 months ago

Thank you for your response gonna try and re-schedule asap for I am getting really tired of doing this. Had a meeting with our school and they have a tutor coming in to go over some of the subjects we are apparantly falling short on. I am still trying to highlight everything in the books I have and remember after taking the test. Were you able to remember anything after taking your test?

hatingesthetics in Fredericksburg, Virginia

60 months ago

I've taken the Master Exam in Va. I must say that there is no school in Virginia that is worth 2 cents. I have friends that attended schools in other states that learned 10x as much as I did in 1200 hours (they only attended 600). Ladies study the Mark Lee's book..this is 99% of the master exam.

60 months ago

hatingesthetics in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: I've taken the Master Exam in Va. I must say that there is no school in Virginia that is worth 2 cents. I have friends that attended schools in other states that learned 10x as much as I did in 1200 hours (they only attended 600). Ladies study the Mark Lee's book..this is 99% of the master exam.

I must agree with you in your statement, I wish state board was a hard on what schools in Virginia are teaching and their curriculum vs. the stupid tests they're making us take for Master, It's ridiculous!!!
Thank you for the info on Mark Lees book, I must ask you which one of his books? I googled him and he has a couple out there, Please specify.
Does anybody else has some pointers? Im about to take the test for the third time and I'm terrified!!!!

60 months ago

I agree as well sadly, Is the book from Mark Lees called Skin Care Beyond Basics? Amy your not alone both Candy and I are gonna scheule in the next few weeks just got done paying for it and waiting for my approval letter. We are also having a Mstr Easthetician come in tomorrow and tutor us well over info we are not clear on will let you know anything we find out :)

hatingesthetics in Fredericksburg, Virginia

60 months ago

Amy in Alexandria, Virginia said: I must agree with you in your statement, I wish state board was a hard on what schools in Virginia are teaching and their curriculum vs. the stupid tests they're making us take for Master, It's ridiculous!!!
Thank you for the info on Mark Lees book, I must ask you which one of his books? I googled him and he has a couple out there, Please specify.
Does anybody else has some pointers? Im about to take the test for the third time and I'm terrified!!!!

It's the one Trish in Yorktown wrote , Mark Lees Skin Care Beyond Basics. Good luck!

59 months ago

Hello Ladies,
I know I have not written anything for a long time, but I have taking my sweet time to take the theory exam because of your shocking statements on this forum.
I am writing now because I have news.
I have taken my practical exam in June Leesburg, and my theory in Tysons corner(yesterday) and I passed both with flying colors.
I think it was a lot of work and I was extra nervous because of your statements, but honestly I don't think it was much different from the basic test(the theory at least). It was hard because the material was 5 times as much, but it was doable.
I have mainly studied from the big Milady Advanced Esthetics book, the Mark Lees book, and I have done the Online Licensing preparation on the Milady site, that I told you earlier about. I don't want to go too much in detail, but if anybody has any questions, feel free to ask.
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Hey Amy just wanted to see how you were doing and if you got the chance to take your test again. I recently passed mine finally with a 82%...the Mark Lees book really was a lot of help along with the Advanced Milady and online prep. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a line.

59 months ago

Hi Trish
I decided to delay the stupid written test for a while until I'm comfortable with it.
I've been studying the milady online but I have to order the mark Lees book, unless you're willong to sell me yours??
Anyway, any pointers on the written test will be much appreciated, I still can't believe my student aid will start kicking in and I still haven't been able to get a job because of the stupid test!!!
I shouldn't have picked this profession...I'm so dissapointed...

59 months ago

I actually gave the Mark Lees book to my fellow classmate since this time I went and took the test myself for she was not ready yet to take hers. I took a lot of notes and if there is anything I can help with let me know...do you have an email address I can send those to?

sat in Germantown, Maryland

59 months ago

Hi I am about to take the test too, can you please help me out too. If you can sent me the notes

my email address is satwinderkaur78@gmail.com

59 months ago

Thank you Trish!
Could you please send me anything and everything to uiobruja@yahoo.com
You have no idea how much this will help.
Have you found a job yet?

59 months ago

I will take the "Master Exam" this month and would like any help you can give me on passing the test. My email is mcbarrol@yahoo.com
thank you for your support

linda

juniper in Fredericksburg, Virginia

59 months ago

Hey Im going to be taking the master's test too please send me some info or notes or something to know what exactly to study for I would really apperciate!!My email is Juniperpanther@aol.com

juniper in Fredericksburg, Virginia

59 months ago

Is there more infomation In the Mark Lee's book? Then the advanced esthetics book? My Friend took the test and said that the most that helped her was the Advanced book and the nic testing says 60% is the services on the test so Im guessing study procedures and then the fyi in the book..

AA in Leesburg, Virginia

54 months ago

i think it is basically a school issue, they are not working with you hard enough, i am a Master Esthetics Instructor and pracically all my students pass both theory and practical, with flying colors provided thay work hard and dont take it too easy, Good luck!

AA in Leesburg, Virginia

54 months ago

I am a master esthetics programm instructor in VA, I think it is a school issue they should educate you to pass, all my students pass with flying colors provided they work hard and most of them do for both practical and theory, good luck!

chaunguyen in Burke, Virginia

54 months ago

AA in Leesburg, Virginia said: i think it is basically a school issue, they are not working with you hard enough, i am a Master Esthetics Instructor and pracically all my students pass both theory and practical, with flying colors provided thay work hard and dont take it too easy, Good luck!

Would you tell me which school you teach> I live in Fairfax Va and I am looking for aesthetician master training.Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.