Comments (201 to 250 of 250)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

sara in Murrieta, California

62 months ago

how do you get your scores?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

heidi2010 in Marlborough, Massachusetts

62 months ago

hi,...anyone here took the Massachusetts exam and passed...please help with the practical exam..i finished school in cali but had to move to Boston so i need to take the Ma state board exam for esthetician....is it the same as Cali practical exam or different.one thing i know Ma do not required eyelash extension ...what else ....please help....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

juanesha burton in sacramneto, California

62 months ago

I am moving to Sacramento in a few months I will just be freshly certified in Tennessee and just found out I have to re-take all my exams when I get out there. If anyone can send me any info it would help. I really just need a run down on the practical exam. I am not sure if you do things differently out there. Here is my email

alchemie.dementia@gmail.com

Thank you so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

piratefilm in Cathedral City, California

61 months ago

Those of you taking the practical in California - I have a DVD that is amazing and definately helped me pass the practical part! If you're interested or have any questions email me...My Name is Pierre, piratefilm@hotmail.com

ASHLEY in Las Vegas, Nevada

59 months ago

SANDRA F in Morgan Hill, California said: DO YOU WANT ME TO FAX THEM TO YOU?NEED YOU NUMBER

hi sandra i took the nv state board test and didnt pass and my test is very soon do u think i can have the questions to study please?

alyssa in Las Vegas, Nevada

59 months ago

sandra f in Morgan Hill, California said: change the sma every appt,and the tissue on chest,wash hands before and after each appt ,follow instructions to the the wriiten i cant beleive i only missed 2 i have all the questins do you want them?i have a photographic memory

hi sandra my test is in 2 weeks for written im currently licenced in cali but moved to nevada and going to take the test here. can i please have the questions for the written? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

alyssa in Las Vegas, Nevada

59 months ago

alyssa in Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi sandra my test is in 2 weeks for written im currently licenced in cali but moved to nevada and going to take the test here. can i please have the questions for the written? thanks

alyssashley@ymail.com

Kristian in Union City, California

58 months ago

Hi I will be taking the california esthetician state board test soon. If anyone has the test questions can you please email them to me. Thanks a million!!!~ Sunshine3200@gmail.com

Nga in Simi Valley, California

57 months ago

Sandra,
Could you please email me the esthetician exam questions. I am taking the CA test in 3 weeks and I am very worried about the written part. my email: denisduprat@earthlink.net
Thank you very much.
Nga

Audrey Ramirez in Burleson, Texas

54 months ago

I will be tking my esthetician practal exam on Wednesday, December 2, in Richardson Texas.

I am beeen studying ;however I would appreciate having an questions and answers that you could provide.

Also, I have been uable to find the small plastic containers with black lids that we must have for the test.\

Thank you so much for your help. The comments pages has already give me so much advise. Thank you, Audrey Ramirez

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Veronika in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

I didnt think they had to be black lids.

Im going to the richardson location as well...

Chia in Oakland, California

53 months ago

Hi. I just took my Esthetician state board exam in Fairfield the day before Thanksgiving and passed! If anyone is interested in the Esthetician State Board Demonstration DVD from Jazz Beauty Products let me know. It helped me pass the practical portion of the exam. The DVD goes over all the supplies in the Kit, how to set up for your appointments, etc. The DVD was $20 bucks plus $15 for shipping and handling so in total I spent about $37 bucks with tax/shipping. I'd be willing to sell the DVD for $16 if anyone is interested.

I also have a brand new mannequin head with shoulders that I got from Jazz Beauty Supply as well not too long ago. I used it to practice massage/facials. I bought it for $60 plus $18 for shipping/taxes. I would be willing to sell it for $40 if anyone needs a mannequin head to practice on. It's in great condition. Email me if interested...kaligirl805@gmail.com Thanks! Good Luck to those taking State Board soon!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Lodi, California

53 months ago

heidi2010 in Marlborough, Massachusetts said: hi,...anyone here took the Massachusetts exam and passed...please help with the practical exam..i finished school in cali but had to move to Boston so i need to take the Ma state board exam for esthetician....is it the same as Cali practical exam or different.one thing i know Ma do not required eyelash extension ...what else ....please help....

Hello, I see you posted this a while ago so i don't know if you still need info. I am doing the oppostie as you. I passed my exam in Boston but now i moved to CA and need to take the exam here.
The MA exam was pretty easy. NO lash extention. and NO waxing. and you use a bottle of 70% isporysol (sp?) alochol for sanitation, in a spray bottle. you spray your hands and counter ater everything! also they the instuctor tells you everything to do. if you have move questions let me know. I've been researching the CA state board exam and it sounds way harder then the MA one.

krista in Belton, Missouri

51 months ago

I am a new mom and very busy, but I went through esthetics school and received my certification.. It's been a couple of years now and I never had the money then to take the testing..written or practical. I live in missouri and I have no idea where to take the state board tests or either of the tests and i need help!! I also lost all of my test materials for the practical exam and I dont know where to look to find information on what to buy again and all that...so im confused and i need help! :)

Lindsey in King, North Carolina

51 months ago

krista in Belton, Missouri said: I am a new mom and very busy, but I went through esthetics school and received my certification.. It's been a couple of years now and I never had the money then to take the testing..written or practical. I live in missouri and I have no idea where to take the state board tests or either of the tests and i need help!! I also lost all of my test materials for the practical exam and I dont know where to look to find information on what to buy again and all that...so im confused and i need help! :)

Hi! I live in North Carolina so I'm not sure how different the regulations are in MO, but I have a list sitting right in front of me so I'll try to help as much as I can. Basically (here) there are 7 sections of the test (Cleansing and Steaming the Face, Massaging the face, Manual Extraction on the Forehead, Hair Removal of the Eyebrows *soft wax AND tweezing*, Hair Removal of the Upper Lip *hard wax*, Facial Mask, Daytime Facial Makeup). First you just need to focus on your set up and client protection. Make sure for every section your model has eyepads (don't let ANYTHING get into the eyes, mouth, nose, etc.), make sure you wear gloves for every sections (and yes, a new pair of gloves and pads for each new section). You can probably find a site that tells you how to pack everything. For the Daytime Makeup portion you'll need the smock to wrap around them and a wrap to hold back the "hair". Think of how you would typically put on makeup and follow that order, but it can get a little mixed up so remember this order: Foundation, Powder, Blush, Eye Shadow, Eye liner, Mascara, Brow Powder, Lip Liner, Lip stick. Make all of your color choices very neutral and easy to blend. They will count off if they see a line of demarcation. Also, in the massage part of the face you will need to memorize 4 movements to repeat until they tell you stop: Effleurage, Petrissage, Friction, and Tapotement. Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kimmie40 in Wilmington, North Carolina

50 months ago

katie nguyen in Los Angeles, California said: hello
please help me 2 more week i will test for esthetician license ,but i,m heard some one say the state board ca chance the rule and the write test please i so stress some body help me
thank you
my email maikhanh_03@yahoo.com
thank
please email me some question please

Has anyone taken the North Carolina practical exam recently?

Maribel MJ in San Francisco, California

50 months ago

Amanda in Beverly Hills, California said: it's very easy. I read my whole book and did everything last minute. It's mostly common sense w the test I recieved. It asked what skin color ages the most? Duhhhh....the answer is white Caucasian skin tone. Mostly read the whole book then ur fine. And for the pratical...sanitize ur hands a lot and make sure u don't let anything touch the floor and don't forget to test the wax on ur wrist in front of the examiner and then show the demonstration on the model. That was the only thing I remember that did wrong. I'm happy i'm done w everything. I got 85% on written and 93% on pratical. The stress is over! YESSssss!!!! good luck on ur tests

I am taking my test on Monday. I am so stress out about it, but your comment is helping me to calm down! Thank you :)

Maribel MJ in San Francisco, California

50 months ago

I am taking my test on Monday. I am so stress out about it, but your comment is helping me to calm down! Thank you :)

roxy831 in Alamo, California

50 months ago

I am too taking my test this monday and Im really nervous! thanks for the advice and positive posts..

Mari in San Diego, California

50 months ago

Hi! Could you give me more information about that DVD with the practical part? I really need it.L.fitness@yahoo.com

Leticia Flores in Porterville, California

50 months ago

sandra f in Morgan Hill, California said: change the sma every appt,and the tissue on chest,wash hands before and after each appt ,follow instructions to the ttttttttttthe wriiten i cant beleive i only missed 2 i have all the questins do you want them?i have a photographic memory

Hi I just finish Esthetician school can you help me and send me the questins:)e-mail is le.jesus@hotmail.com THANKS

mandy morris in Columbus, Georgia

50 months ago

has anyone took the alabama esthetician practical? Im taking it monday and im freaking out. I graduated two years ago. Is there any dvd's or anything online that will help. Also is it worth buying the kit?

Mackenzie

49 months ago

Could someone plz email me the questions too:) it would b much appreciated!
Mckenzie02_10@hotmail.com

babi3monky1@yahoo.com in Lydia, South Carolina

48 months ago

Hello everyone, im going to take an esthetician test in south carolina. can anyone help me out with the practical and written exam information please. thank you

Alina in Concord, California

48 months ago

hey girls! would be so grateful to you if you could send me the questions as well. i am in California, failed my written exam and have to take new one in a few weeks. THS
E-mail Montreux17@yahoo.com

Shayla in Fairfield, California

47 months ago

Any questions or DVD's or help in any form would be greatly appreciated, so somebody anybody pleeeeease help my e-mail is shayla-Davis@comcast.net

BOSTON in Raynham, Massachusetts

47 months ago

I DIDNT PASS THE AESTHETICIAN TEST, IM REALLY HURT.... THIS IS MY PASION
IM GOING TO TAKE IT AGAIN, IS THE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME STUDY
PLEASE EMAIL ME FASCIA16@YAHOO.COM
THANK YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

missy in Englewood, Colorado

43 months ago

does anyone has any specific details about the practical exam in colorado?
how many people are in the room, which type of drapes do you use? is the mannequin stand up or laying down? whre do you place your stuff?

thank you for ANY HELP!

Priscilla in Chandler, Arizona

42 months ago

sandra f in Morgan Hill, California said: change the sma every appt,and the tissue on chest,wash hands before and after each appt ,follow instructions to the ttttttttttthe wriiten i cant beleive i only missed 2 i have all the questins do you want them?i have a photographic memory

Hi yes I need the questions.

Priscilla in Chandler, Arizona

42 months ago

Hi !!! I'm taking the test in 2 was I need help!!
Thank you so much.

Makeupgal in Blacksburg, Virginia

41 months ago

Hi what did everyone use as the simulated hard wax product ?? I take the exam tomorrow and have everything but this

Makeupgal in Blacksburg, Virginia

41 months ago

Taking the practical Tom and wanted to know what everyone used as their simulated hard wax please help

THERESA in Stoughton, Massachusetts

40 months ago

WHAT ABOUT THE WRITEN
HERE MY EMAIL
FASCIA16@YAHOO.COM

SpaBarbie in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

Has anyone got any recommendations for California Practical DVD's?

I've see a few like cosmokit.com (looks good from the very short sample), and 1beauty.us (doesn't look very pro, woman has very strong accent etc), but just don't know what I should go for.

Help!

monique in Phoenix, Arizona

39 months ago

does anyone have questions and answers for Arizona. I went to school in 2007 and i'm just now going to take my test so i really need help. my email is moniquepayne11@gmail.com

Lulu in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

Hi Sandra, I am going to take my written soon... any tips or exactly what to study would be appreciated!!! Thks! lulu_orange@aol.com

amac in Murrieta, California

34 months ago

Lulu in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Sandra, I am going to take my written soon... any tips or exactly what to study would be appreciated!!! Thks! lulu_orange@aol.com

Hi Sandra,

do you know where I can get a copy of the questions? I'm fine with the practical but can't get past 70% on the practice written test.

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

qulo in Dumas, Texas

33 months ago

can anyone help out there......i failed the tx practical.....i need some help on knowing how to pack my bags for the tx practical

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jamazing86 in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

qulo in Dumas, Texas said: can anyone help out there......i failed the tx practical.....i need some help on knowing how to pack my bags for the tx practical

Have you taken the test yet? If not I have some good pointers for you.

As far as the written is concerned it is my understanding that they have several different test and switch them up so you won't get the same test you failed & it's not likely a friend will either. Sanitation is something you most def need to focus on. Knowing the difference between sanitation, disinfection & sterilization ect.
other than that really just use your common sense & relax. It will be ok. Good luck & God bless!!

Diana Garza in Pearland, Texas

32 months ago

Jamazing86 in Houston, Texas said: Have you taken the test yet? If not I have some good pointers for you.

As far as the written is concerned it is my understanding that they have several different test and switch them up so you won't get the same test you failed & it's not likely a friend will either. Sanitation is something you most def need to focus on. Knowing the difference between sanitation, disinfection & sterilization ect.
other than that really just use your common sense & relax. It will be ok. Good luck & God bless!!

Hi everyone!

I feel like I've hit a wall because I've passed my written exam, but I'm having trouble with the practical exam as I graduated back in 2006! However, I'm just needing to take that practical exam in Houston, Tx to be able to get my license and move forward. Could anyone please help me with some pointers please? Any help is greatly appreciated! Can anyone please give me some pointers? diahnagarza@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

heather in Bedford, Texas

30 months ago

Well Hello Lady's I had just ACED the State Board! I had put together a Study Guide that will no doubt be all you need to PASS with flying colors. This guide is quite lengthy. The Table of Contents for this MILADYS ESTHETICIAN STATE BOARD EXAM STUDY GUIDE is : hair removal
Ingredients
Sanitation and Disinfection
Chemistry
Esthetics Government Regulations pg. 161-163
Vocab
ELECTRICITY
~ All of the key areas I found on the State Board. The only guide you will need ! If you would like to have a copy of this study guide, Please send me your email address and I will send you a paypal request for $10.00. As soon as I recieve payment I will then email you a copy of this Ethetics Study Guide

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Skarlet in San Diego, California

24 months ago

Could you share some of those questions here too? Thank you.

shai in Pearland, Texas

23 months ago

I am interested shaij22@gmail.com

heather in Bedford, Texas said: Well Hello Lady's I had just ACED the State Board! I had put together a Study Guide that will no doubt be all you need to PASS with flying colors. This guide is quite lengthy. The Table of Contents for this MILADYS ESTHETICIAN STATE BOARD EXAM STUDY GUIDE is : hair removal
Ingredients
Chemistry
Vocab
ELECTRICITY

I am interested shaij22@gmail.com

can you forward to shaij22@gmail.com
~ All of the key areas I found on the State Board. The only guide you will need ! If you would like to have a copy of this study guide, Please send me your email address and I will send you a paypal request for $10.00. As soon as I recieve payment I will then email you a copy of this Ethetics Study Guide

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kayla in Phoenix, Arizona

22 months ago

Pls HELP!!!Anyone knows about an esthetician practical exam in Phoenix. Can you use foam mannequin head? I am in AZ for the exam next Mon, June 10. Thanks kysdecht@aol.com

martore1@yahoo.com in Katy, Texas

11 months ago

heather in Bedford, Texas said: Well Hello Lady's I had just ACED the State Board! I had put together a Study Guide that will no doubt be all you need to PASS with flying colors. This guide is quite lengthy. The Table of Contents for this MILADYS ESTHETICIAN STATE BOARD EXAM STUDY GUIDE is : hair removal
Ingredients
Chemistry
Vocab
ELECTRICITY

HOW CAN I GET A COPY OF YOUR ESTHETICS STUDY GUIDE??

martore1@yahoo.com in Katy, Texas

11 months ago

HOW CAN I GET A COPY OF YOUR ESTHETICS STUDY GUIDE ???

martore63@gmail.com in Katy, Texas

7 months ago

Need help with the Texas State Board Aesthetician's practical? I can help, send queries to martore63@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angela nguyen in Union City, California

6 months ago

I lived in northern california, I had been taken the written exam three times. I was fail, I'm stress. I order the prep stateboard resource to study online, but it doesn't work. Does anyone had any ideal how to pass stateboard cos written part? Please help me.

Heather in Fallbrook, California

2 months ago

I've taken the CA practical exam twice and failed both times. Passed the written the first time. Does anyone have pointers on the practical? MIssed 8 points on makeup last time and did it exactly like I was instructed and like the videos I've watched. HELP!!! I need to pass!

mammakat2

2 months ago

shai in Pearland, Texas said: I am interested shaij22@gmail.com

I would love a copy of this. Jcortese2007@gmail.com. thank you so much!

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.