RN Nurse or Esthetician?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 626)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

Beth in Bowling Green, Kentucky said: I totally agree. My company sent me to Laser training and I just got back from aesthetic course for injecting Botox and Fillers. All paid by company.

Can you clearify whether this is a medical course or a cosmetology course? What other qualifications, licensing, do you have which would permit you to perform injections?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

Beth in Bowling Green, Kentucky said: Does anyone have any additional malpractice insurance? The RNs that practice Botox and Fillers? I'm starting to inject and wondered how protected is everyone else? Does it fall back on Supervising MD or do I need to carry a separate policy?

I do not believe there is a "separate" policy for nurses that inject. The medspa covers you under their policy since you can not work legally without them. I had NSO insurance for years while a hospital nurse but then dropped it when I got into medical aesthetics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mimi in Montrouge, France

75 months ago

can someone tell me how how much does earn an RN nurse because i an preparing eather to go for nursing or estherticien so i ish to know whish one pays better
thanks for your reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in La Habra, California

75 months ago

I have a question what is the Malpracice Insurance for? And also as a new RN what is the expected pay without experience, can somebody please let me know? Thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

Hi Melissa,
I am responding because we live in the same state. When I started as a medical aesthetic RN 5 years ago I was paid $25/hr because I was totally untrained in lasers and botox and now I think nurses start at $30/hr. I have alot of experience in injectibles so I work on commission. Malpractice insurance is in the event someone gets hurt under your care but I only have it for hospital nursing in the event I ever go back to doing that....which I doubt. There are some good offers in Orange County....check craigslist. Pat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kristie in Lafayette, Louisiana

75 months ago

Lexie in Bossier City, Louisiana said: I have recently found out that in Louisiana nurses can not admin/perform these esthetics procedures without a physician present. I cand find anything in writing at this point but do need help!!!!!! Our Louisiana nurses that have put their time effort and money in wanting this dream to come ture please contact me so we can start a task force and fight for our skills. We do many things without the physisian on site that could result in devistating outcomes. Please lets band together.

Lexie, Have you found out any information regarding the use of lasers for hair removal by RN's without a physician present? Where did you find the information that nurses cannot perform esthetics procedures without a physician present? Was it from the 2001 Louisiana State Medical Examiners Position on Medical Lasers/Chemical Peels?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Misti in Anniston, Alabama

75 months ago

mimi in Montrouge, France said: can someone tell me how how much does earn an RN nurse because i an preparing eather to go for nursing or estherticien so i ish to know whish one pays better
thanks for your reply

I have been an Esthetician for four years in the salon side of the industry. I have been in the beauty business for about eight years. It all depends on where you live. You need to visit your local day spas and salons to find out how well their business is doing. Ask your hairstylist how well business is going. Here in Alabama, my business has went way down due to the increase of gas prices. My recommendation would be to go to nursing school, because as a nurse you can work for a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. As a nurse, you will be able to do procedures many estheticians cannot. Plus, the pay for a nurse will be guanteed work,paid hourly, and you will have benefits. Estheticians are usually paid by commission. Commission- meaning if you are not working on anyone, you are not making any money. No Clients- No Money. Let me know if you have any more questions. I will be glad to help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Nashville, Tennessee

75 months ago

Hi Pam. I am Medical Assistant and I took state laser course.
I am certified in laser I called myself a technician, but this is for medical asst/ and aesthetic laser operator

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sola in Meudon, France

75 months ago

i got first degree in éducational science and i've been unable to get a good job since .
someone told me to go for nursing . I am actually 42 years , so iam thinking of going for assistance nursing. I wish to know if they as well paied as nurses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sola in Meudon, France

75 months ago

i got first degree in educational science and i've been unable to get a good job since .
someone told me to go for nursing . I am actually 42 years ,and i am a single mother of two daughters, so i am thinking of going for assistance nursing. I wish to know if they are as well paied as nurses . I would be very happy for your reply to these questions . thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in New Orleans, Louisiana

74 months ago

Misti in Anniston, Alabama said: I have been an Esthetician for four years in the salon side of the industry. I have been in the beauty business for about eight years. It all depends on where you live. You need to visit your local day spas and salons to find out how well their business is doing. Ask your hairstylist how well business is going. Here in Alabama, my business has went way down due to the increase of gas prices. My recommendation would be to go to nursing school, because as a nurse you can work for a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. As a nurse, you will be able to do procedures many estheticians cannot. Plus, the pay for a nurse will be guanteed work,paid hourly, and you will have benefits. Estheticians are usually paid by commission. Commission- meaning if you are not working on anyone, you are not making any money. No Clients- No Money. Let me know if you have any more questions. I will be glad to help.

Misti
I am considering a career change & Med lasers is what I am interested in. Im self employed here & since Katrina have lost most of my business. I am looking at relocating to Fla or AL but you sound like business is not doing well in AL. Do you do lasers? I was looking up lic requirements for state of AL today and ran across this site. I would appreciate any info you could provide me. I am considering Gulf shores orange beach area.
THANKS
Michelle

bisola in Fontenay-aux-roses, France

74 months ago

i am a nurse working in france for two years now . i wish to move to america and work as a nurse there .

Would someone please tell me how to go about it
I have'nt choose the state to yet.
would someone please tell the best state to go
Here is me e-mail adresse GHABANBIM@YAHOO.FR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

bisola in Fontenay-aux-roses, France said: i am a nurse working in france for two years now . i wish to move to america and work as a nurse there .

Would someone please tell me how to go about it?
I have'nt choose the state to go yet.
would someone please tell the best state to go
Here is my e-mail adresse GHABANBIM@YAHOO.FR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

i am a nurse working in france for two years now . i wish to move to america and work as a nurse there .

Would someone please tell me how to go about it?
I have'nt choose the state to go yet.
would someone please tell me the best state to go
Here is my e-mail adresse GHABANBIM@YAHOO.FR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

aneta in Glendale Heights, Illinois

74 months ago

Beth in Bowling Green, Kentucky said: I have been in your shoes. Let me tell you about my experience. I was on the nursing program waiting list for a long time! It is more dedication and commentment then how smart you are to get in.(it seems) Most program weed out the weak. They want to make sure you are dedicated to it! You do have to jump through many hoops to become a RN. However it is definetly worth it! If that is your dream.
I was so tired of waiting that I went through Surgical Tech School. Then worked as a Surg Tech and the hospital paid for my classes for Nursing. Don't give up! I also took all my pre-req for my BSN while I was waiting. Then applied for both program and waitied see what happened. Try applying to other nursing schools around your area. Apply to as many as you can!
No matter how hard it was and how long it took to get where I am at today. I am so happy that I stuck with it and became a Registered Nurse. Good Luck and Best Wishes!

HI. WAS IT HARD TO FINISHED SUR. TECH? AND HOW HARD IS IT TO FIND A JOB IN THAT PROFESSION WITHOUT EXPIRIENCE? I WAS THINKINK ABOUT RN, BUT I WANT TO START FROM SUR TECH.
THANKS

Bethe in Tennessee

74 months ago

aneta in Glendale Heights, Illinois said: HI. WAS IT HARD TO FINISHED SUR. TECH? AND HOW HARD IS IT TO FIND A JOB IN THAT PROFESSION WITHOUT EXPIRIENCE? I WAS THINKINK ABOUT RN, BUT I WANT TO START FROM SUR TECH.
THANKS

I loved Surg. Tech! It wasn't that hard at all, I found it so interesting! Microbiology and Pharmacology was the toughest but nothing compared to Nursing School. It is a great step before Nursing School. The school placed me in a job in the area I was interested in. Everyone in my class had a job waiting for them before graduation!

Misti in Anniston, Alabama

74 months ago

Michelle in New Orleans, Louisiana said: Misti
I am considering a career change & Med lasers is what I am interested in. Im self employed here & since Katrina have lost most of my business. I am looking at relocating to Fla or AL but you sound like business is not doing well in AL. Do you do lasers? I was looking up lic requirements for state of AL today and ran across this site. I would appreciate any info you could provide me. I am considering Gulf shores orange beach area.
THANKS
Michelle

Michelle,
Thank you for your questions. Business here is very slow. Estheticians are not allowed to perform laser in the state of Alabama. If you decide to relocate, I would go with Florida. There will be more competition, but people in Florida already know about these services and their importance. They are simply more informed and willing to learn. Also, the requirements there are much different from Alabama. I believe you could perform laser there. I attended a large trade show in Orlando last year and laser, teeth whitening, and permanent makeup were all the rage. Check the requirements in Florida to be sure, but your business would definitely be more profitable now and years to come. I hope this answers all your questions. If you have anymore, just ask. Thank you again- Misti

Tanya Graybill in Ocala, Florida

74 months ago

Patricia in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Melissa,
I am responding because we live in the same state. When I started as a medical aesthetic RN 5 years ago I was paid $25/hr because I was totally untrained in lasers and botox and now I think nurses start at $30/hr. I have alot of experience in injectibles so I work on commission. Malpractice insurance is in the event someone gets hurt under your care but I only have it for hospital nursing in the event I ever go back to doing that....which I doubt. There are some good offers in Orange County....check craigslist. Pat

I am currrently in RN school and have two semesters left. I am extremely interested in becoming a medical aesthetic RN but I don't know how to go about doing this. Do I need to take a certification in the use of lasers and do I need to become an aesthetician? Can anyone help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Kristal said: I am an LPN and esthetician in Florida. Can I be trained to give Botox injections. I am now working in a skilled nursing facility but looking to get into a medi spa. I have been searching for the answer. Thanks for your help so glad I found this site

I was wondering what you do as an LPN and aesthetician in Florida? I am an LPN and am bridging to become an RN. I am interested in the medical nurse aesthetic field. Did you go to a beauty school to become an aesthetician? Also, do you work with lasers?

74 months ago

joyce in Phoenix, Arizona said: I am an RN that decided to learn lasers and injectables. I recently graduated a local esthetic school and will be taking the laser and injectable training next month. i don't think I needed to go to eathetiics school but it can't hurt to have this training. I am not sure what the salaries are like.. I pay for all these esthetic services anyway might as well be able to inject myself...Ouch

Joyce, can you tell me how much it ran you to learn the lasers and injectables? Also, was it easy for you to get a job as an RN doing these procedures? I am interested in this field of nursing. I am currently bridging from LPN to RN and I have two semesters to go. Also let me know if you find that aesthetic training helped you, if this is what you end up doing. Thanks for any input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Noack RN in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

Karen SD Esthi in San Diego, California said: I am currently an esthitician in San Diego and am loving it! I also have a BS in Speech and Hearing Sciences. I really want to get further education in nursing that would qualify me to administer things like botox and work in a medical spa. I have been scouring the internet looking for answers, but have come up empty. If anyone can help me or give me advice I would love it! Thanks.

Karen
San Diego/California

Karen after you get your RN there is a great school in your area that trains RN to become state certified in the field of Aethetics. Its MATC camedtraining.com The Dean Julia Petis is able to certify RNs and MDs. I am an RN with this State certification and now have my own business with a physician (co-owners) I do all the work including botox,fillers, and all aspects of Lasers. The money is great and I absolutely love my job.
Lisa
Simi Valley CA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Christie in San Diego, California said: Thank you for your response. I live in San Diego,CA and I have been learning that you need to be an RN to perform Botox etc. but I am not too sure about laser skin care. I got in contact with a laser skin care center VP and she recommended I just get my esthetician license and then either try and find classes that train in laser skin rejuvenation, or, which she said was the best way, was to try and find a Dr. at a med spa or skin care center that would basically take me under his/her wing and train under them. She said the seminars would be a waste of practical money since they are priced around a couple grand yikes! Anyway, I am researching esthetician schools in the area now. Do you know where they would usually offer laser skin care classes or where people go to learn?

Christie,
The best thing you can do is become state certified in Lasers and botox to increase your income. There are new bills being passed in the state of CA right now that will be decided on in Jan 2009. I recommend you get your certification at MATC (medical aethetics training of CA) the school is located in your area. I am self employeed in this field and carry my own Title. Laser Nursing Management Inc. I am in partnership with an MD which is required. I absolutely love my job and will never do acute care again. I love the rewards from the treatments I provide.
You may contact me for more info Laser_Creations@hotmail.com

Lisa Noack in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

I have been in the field of Aesthetics for several years. Started working in hospitals doing various fieldsd of nursing. I have now been self employeed in the field of Lasers and injectables for 2 years now. Anyone interested in how to do this the legal way as the laws are being reviewed with the CA Nursing board and the Medical board as we speak. I had no difficulty starting a business with a doctor as my director and now very successful. You need to do your homework within your state guidelines. Become certified that is recoqnized by the CABRN and Medical board. Thats it!
Feel free to contact me at Laser_Creations@hotmail.com
Thanks Lisa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

jeanne taylor in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

Heidi Winslow in Wilmington, North Carolina said: I am not sure what you mean? How did I offend you? What did I say that had anything in it about you? All I got was a question about how much $ my friend made in Colorado? I'm not angry with anything. I said it is frustating getting your foot in the door. I don't get your response. I have an amazing life with 4 happy kids and a great hubby! This is weird defending myself to a stranger.

hey heidi! i searched your name and this is where i found you you silly one! call me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Keri in Carrollton, Texas

74 months ago

I have a Current Cosmotology & R.N. license. I have just completed a Laser course as well. I am hoping to secure a position in a Dermatologist or plastics office. Is there any more advanced training you would suggest? How easy is it to find employment in the Dallas area. I have seen some talk of "boot camps" for esthetics are there any in the Dallas area?

mo in Rutland, Vermont

74 months ago

anybody know the rules for lazers or injectables in Vermont? I'm just starting in this direction from the LOW end of the totem pole (LNA) and planning schooling for LPN, but I don't know if I've the time or money for RN but I still really want to be involved in the field. Any advice or info would fantastic. Thanks.

Your favorite skin girl

73 months ago

mimi in Montrouge, France said: can someone tell me how how much does earn an RN nurse because i an preparing eather to go for nursing or estherticien so i ish to know whish one pays better
thanks for your reply

I have been a medical esthetician for 6 years and it has been tough! I have been working for cosmetic surgery practices for 4 years and the pay varies from 15-18 an hour but this is not common. The office I currently work at does not offer benefits. I am looking into nursing myself!
STAY AWAY!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Denisse in La Habra, California

73 months ago

I just had my first class meeting for Anatomy 231, and I feel terrified because the teacher said that half the class will drop since the class is really hard,and like ten people are repeating it.PLEASE!!!! Anyone that has passed this class, can you please offer some study tips or any advice on how to successfully pass the class. Thank u so much!!

Tanya Graybill in Brooksville, Florida

73 months ago

Don't get discouraged! If you are going into nursing you will have a lot of people tell you things like this, but if you do the required work and reading you will be fine. I don't know how it is in California but in Florida people have said things like this to me but I've gotten through every class and I have just started Nursing III! Good Luck!!

Robyn in Atkinson, New Hampshire

73 months ago

To any nurses out there who are considering taking a course in eyelash extensions from those big named companies out there - DON'T DO IT!! I am so furious - Novalash & Xtreme both advertise that they train healthcare workers. I spent $1000 on the kit & course with Novalash, only to find out I cannot legally work as a lash extensionist without an license in esthetics! What really irritates me is my Novalash instructor didn't even bother to mention this to me. She just took my money and gave me a useless certificate. I don't understand why I shouldn't be able to work. I have a degree in nursing, which (no offense to the esthies) is a little more in depth than beauty school. If I had my choice of who came near my eyes with glue & sharp tweezers, I think I'd go for someone with a medical license! Worst of all - there is really nobody I can complain to. The companies don't care. So I'll go to all the message boards I can find to let nurses know not to waste their money on Novalash or Xtreme courses!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in North Augusta, South Carolina

73 months ago

How did you find that out? I was actually very interested in doing eyelash extensions and was looking into Novalash. I am lucky because I am an esthetician and RN, but the girl I work with is a nurse and does lashes on the side. That does not make sense at all an esthetician could perform this service and not an RN. Do you think it is just for certain states? Besides all of the mess they put you through, did you find the coarse useful?

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

73 months ago

Robyn in Atkinson, New Hampshire said: To any nurses out there who are considering taking a course in eyelash extensions from those big named companies out there - DON'T DO IT!! I am so furious - Novalash & Xtreme both advertise that they train healthcare workers. I spent $1000 on the kit & course with Novalash, only to find out I cannot legally work as a lash extensionist without an license in esthetics! What really irritates me is my Novalash instructor didn't even bother to mention this to me. She just took my money and gave me a useless certificate. I don't understand why I shouldn't be able to work. I have a degree in nursing, which (no offense to the esthies) is a little more in depth than beauty school. If I had my choice of who came near my eyes with glue & sharp tweezers, I think I'd go for someone with a medical license! Worst of all - there is really nobody I can complain to. The companies don't care. So I'll go to all the message boards I can find to let nurses know not to waste their money on Novalash or Xtreme courses!

Actually a civil court is a good place to start if they deceived you.

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

73 months ago

Jennifer in North Augusta, South Carolina said: How did you find that out? I was actually very interested in doing eyelash extensions and was looking into Novalash. I am lucky because I am an esthetician and RN, but the girl I work with is a nurse and does lashes on the side. That does not make sense at all an esthetician could perform this service and not an RN. Do you think it is just for certain states? Besides all of the mess they put you through, did you find the coarse useful?

Lash extension is a cosmetic service. Most states cearly state this and require a cosmetology license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

JDT in Memphis, Tennessee

73 months ago

Does anyone know TN state laws? Just wanted to know if you have to be a RN to perform laser hair removal? I am looking into Esthetics school and wanted to know the possible income as well working at a med spa. Is it hard to get into?

Thanks!

Robyn in Atkinson, New Hampshire

73 months ago

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas said: Lash extension is a cosmetic service. Most states cearly state this and require a cosmetology license.

Then the lash companies should not offer certificates to nurses & massage therapists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

emileigh in Austin, Texas

73 months ago

can an esthetician take certifiable programs to practice botox, restylane, mesotherapy... or must they become a RN to do such things?

Maria_1979 in London, Ontario

73 months ago

I am an RN of 8 years in Canada and I am starting a esthetician program in 2 weeks, does anybody know what a medical esthetician certificate really gets you??

Thanks!

P.S esthetician pay is less, but I think it's also fulfilling. I think being around relatively healthy people and helping them feel good about themselves is worth it's weight in gold! I wish I had just gone to esthetician school... but the RN background will probably open more doors ...

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

73 months ago

emileigh in Austin, Texas said: can an esthetician take certifiable programs to practice botox, restylane, mesotherapy... or must they become a RN to do such things?

You can take all the programs you want and get all the certificates. However, these procedures is considered the practice of medicine and requires a medical practitioner who is license to administer such things. A cosmetology license will not do it.

Jeff

Veronika in San Mateo, California

73 months ago

I am currently got enrolled in esthetician program. It will takes a year to complete the program and than to get started. Could anyone tell about their experience of getting first job?

73 months ago

It depends on your State, In order to do injectables and Lasers You must be an RN or Nurse Practioner. It's best if the RN becomes State Certified.
Lisa

73 months ago

Find out if you can operate Lasers, in Canada I don't know the requirements but Laser Resurfacing and Rejuvenation is much more rewarding and the pay is far more than esthetician. I have hired an Esthetician and she makes far less than me and I can do remarkable treatments for all skin problems.

Maria_1979 in London, Ontario

73 months ago

Lisa,
in know you are in L.A ... but I was just wondering do you work independently? Or do you need a doctor for laser resurfacing and rejuvenation?

thanks!
Maria

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Athena in Mesa, Arizona

73 months ago

Karen SD Esthi in San Diego, California said: I am currently an esthitician in San Diego and am loving it! I also have a BS in Speech and Hearing Sciences. I really want to get further education in nursing that would qualify me to administer things like botox and work in a medical spa. I have been scouring the internet looking for answers, but have come up empty. If anyone can help me or give me advice I would love it! Thanks.

Karen
San Diego/California

My daughter is just starting an Estheics program and will finish it next May. She wants to move to San Diego later where she was born. How much do you make an hour there, and would you please give us any advice you can on getting job in San Diego as an Esthetician? Thanks! Athena

Athena in Mesa, Arizona

73 months ago

Phyllis in Des Plaines, Illinois said: Since you're in Naperville, I know an esthetician who works part time at Timeless Spa. She makes about 20/hr plus tips. She said that if she were to work full time, her pay would be bumped up to 30/hr with tips. That's not too bad for being an esthetician with no nursing degree. I'm still not sure if nursing is the best route for my to take after I graduate from esthetics school. Ugh! Any Illinois nurses out there who are working in esthetics and could give us an idea of what the pay is? That will really be the deciding factor for me, $$$!

What happened to liking what you do? No matter how much $ you make, it will be spent, and I think that $30 and hour is plenty, especially before tips! I would hate to be a nurse and do all the dirty work that the doctors dont want to do while they haul in all the big bucks! I cant see how you could actually "love" nursing, but I "love" doing massage and Yoga/Thai Therapy to help people feel better and I know that it actually helps them heal, which Im not so sure that medications ever help very much, at least not with all the side effects they have! I have thought about learning esthetics also, just to do permanent make-up though.

amber in Huntington Beach, California

73 months ago

Lisa Noack in Los Angeles, California said: I have been in the field of Aesthetics for several years. Started working in hospitals doing various fieldsd of nursing. I have now been self employeed in the field of Lasers and injectables for 2 years now. Anyone interested in how to do this the legal way as the laws are being reviewed with the CA Nursing board and the Medical board as we speak. I had no difficulty starting a business with a doctor as my director and now very successful. You need to do your homework within your state guidelines. Become certified that is recoqnized by the CABRN and Medical board. Thats it!
Feel free to contact me at Laser_Creations@hotmail.com
Thanks Lisa

I really need to know if i absolutely to get my RN license to perform injections and work with lasers. im currently taking me pre reqs for nursing but dont know if i have to do this to get where i want to be. any advise?

Josy in Portsmouth, Ohio

73 months ago

Do you have to have a BSN or will an Associate Degree with the training be ok?

73 months ago

Depends on your state requirements

Margo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Chana Zaidman in Aston, Pennsylvania said: I am so glad I found this site. I am an RN with 4 years experience and would love to work in the esthetics area. Can anyone elaborate more on the pay for a nurse doing botox/laser hair removal etc? I am assuming that after one is trained in that area you would start out working at a spa- rather than open your own bussiness ( sounds like way down the road). I guess the main reason I wanted change was to get off of night shift and make pretty good money in an area where you are really a specialty-?
Any advice?

Hi!
I too, an RN and have been practicing for the past 12 years in oncology. I am so very interested in breaking into this field, however, it seems very difficult unless you have experience doing microdermabrasion, chemical peels and/or laser. It cost so much money to take these certifications when a lot of places I heard do on the job training. I also live in Aston, Pa. I went on a job interview and they were willing to pay me $33 an hour for a 40 hr week, which was pretty good I thought considering I had no experience. I think the best route for me would be to take an esthetics training program and then go from there because at least I will have had some exposure to it and could add that to my resume.
Let me know how you do! Good luck!
Margo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Margo in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

Chana Zaidman in Aston, Pennsylvania said: I am so glad I found this site. I am an RN with 4 years experience and would love to work in the esthetics area. Can anyone elaborate more on the pay for a nurse doing botox/laser hair removal etc? I am assuming that after one is trained in that area you would start out working at a spa- rather than open your own bussiness ( sounds like way down the road). I guess the main reason I wanted change was to get off of night shift and make pretty good money in an area where you are really a specialty-?
Any advice?

Hi!
I too, an RN and have been practicing for the past 12 years in oncology. I am so very interested in breaking into this field, however, it seems very difficult unless you have experience doing microdermabrasion, chemical peels and/or laser. It cost so much money to take these certifications when a lot of places I heard do on the job training. I also live in Aston, Pa. I went on a job interview and they were willing to pay me $33 an hour for a 40 hr week, which was pretty good I thought considering I had no experience. I think the best route for me would be to take an esthetics training program and then go from there because at least I will have had some exposure to it and could add that to my resume.
Let me know how you do! Good luck!
Margo

Priti in Charlotte, North Carolina

72 months ago

I have several years of experience as an esthetician. I recently moved ot Charlotte and haveing the most difficult time finding employment. Can anyone email me a template of their resume? I am also interested in medi spa. Do I need to take additional courses of laser hair removal?

Thank you

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.