Schools in AZ

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 99)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Ra in Juneau, Alaska

74 months ago

I'm moving to Phoenix in 6 months to attend esthetician school. I was wondering about which schools are good.

Here's the dilemma and the question.

I'm pretty much only limited to the direct Phoenix area. The only school very near my place is Paul Mitchell. I'm a bit iffy about name brand schools but I would love information and input.
The reason is because there are interesting schools in Scottsdale and Tempe, but my commute would be 2.5 hours one way. So any schools with good quality, standards, reputation, curriculum, etc. in Phoenix area? Please, let me know!
There are lots of schools listed on the internet on the beauty school directory but on the Arizona state license board they aren't listed. ???

Thank you all in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey Penksa in Scottsdale, Arizona

74 months ago

Ra in Juneau, Alaska said: I'm moving to Phoenix in 6 months to attend esthetician school. I was wondering about which schools are good.

Here's the dilemma and the question.

I'm pretty much only limited to the direct Phoenix area. The only school very near my place is Paul Mitchell. I'm a bit iffy about name brand schools but I would love information and input.
The reason is because there are interesting schools in Scottsdale and Tempe, but my commute would be 2.5 hours one way. So any schools with good quality, standards, reputation, curriculum, etc. in Phoenix area? Please, let me know!
There are lots of schools listed on the internet on the beauty school directory but on the Arizona state license board they aren't listed. ???

Thank you all in advance.

The school i'm attending is the International Academy college of Aesthetics and it's an awesome school unfortunatly it's located in Tempe right off of the 60 and Mill Ave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey Penksa in Scottsdale, Arizona

74 months ago

Where at in Phx? if you don't mind me asking?! B/c i live in gilbert (not close to phx at all) and it only takes me about 25 min to get to Phx b/c of all the freeways!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kaila B in Chandler, Arizona

74 months ago

i was looking into Kohler, Karche, and D'Armi Esthetics University

kohler and D'armi are in scottsdale and Karche is in mesa.

they all look good, anyone have opinions on them? im leaning more towards D'armi then second Kohler

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ra in Juneau, Alaska

73 months ago

It's pretty much in the center of Phoenix? I think. I've only been twice... it's near the Devry school and the Metrocenter area if that helps.

I really would like suggestions. The schools I really like are off in Tempe or Scottsdale, go figure.
Only, my only transportation is the bus and it would take about 2 hours to get to D'Armi, Kohler, etc.

It's frustrating.. :(

sarah nelson in Crookston, Minnesota

72 months ago

Kaila B in Chandler, Arizona said: i was looking into Kohler, Karche, and D'Armi Esthetics University

they all look good, anyone have opinions on them? im leaning more towards D'armi then second Kohler

i was going to go to d'armi also. they are a really good school but they're not accredited. that means that if you want any financial aid besides a personal loan you won't be able to get it going there. also, i have heard the school is for sale. that made me nervous cuz if they're not accredited and the school sold during my program i would be left holding the bag with non-transferable credits. plus...the owner of d'armi's wife has three felony charges for embezzlement from another esthetics school that she used to work for. you might want to check into that. good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kaila B in Phoenix, Arizona

72 months ago

yeah well alot of schools arent accredited but its not a big deal to me. i went and talked to karche and they aren't accredited either and its because if you are your very limited on what you can teach and how you to do,ect. so thats why most arent. buuuutttt i haven't herd the other two before where did you hear this and are you sure there not rumors?

i did decide on D'armi and i've been there for about a month and a half. i really like it all the instructors are really great even the students. its a small student body but i love it because theres no drama and you know everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Screwed in Scottsdale, Arizona

71 months ago

Kaila B in Phoenix, Arizona said: yeah well alot of schools arent accredited but its not a big deal to me. i went and talked to karche and they aren't accredited either and its because if you are your very limited on what you can teach and how you to do,ect. so thats why most arent. buuuutttt i haven't herd the other two before where did you hear this and are you sure there not rumors?

i did decide on D'armi and i've been there for about a month and a half. i really like it all the instructors are really great even the students. its a small student body but i love it because theres no drama and you know everyone.

FUNNY! I go there as well. Today the school lost it's licensing. We may not get any money back!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

steph in Mesa, Arizona

71 months ago

Kaila B in Chandler, Arizona said: i was looking into Kohler, Karche, and D'Armi Esthetics University

I attended international academy college of aesthetics in tempe! its an awesome school and they concentrate especially on making you ready for state board preparation which is awesome!

steph in Mesa, Arizona

71 months ago

I attended international academy college of aesthetics in tempe! its an awesome school and they concentrate especially on making you ready for state board preparation which is awesome!

christy in Chandler, Arizona

71 months ago

Screwed in Scottsdale, Arizona said: FUNNY! I go there as well. Today the school lost it's licensing. We may not get any money back!

Why would they not have their license? What would cause that? And why wouldnt you get any money back?

Kaila B. in Phoenix, Arizona

70 months ago

it wasnt because of the teachers, students, services, anything. we always got 100% on every state board inspections.
it was a dispute between the owner and stateboard who didn't involve him self with the teaching or practing of the school.
the student who posted that comment did that in the heat of the moment when we didnt know anything that was going on.
unfortunatly it was probably one of the brand new girls who posted that who didnt get to know the school, and all it did for us.

it was a great school with an unfortunate end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Victim in Chandler, Arizona

69 months ago

Kaila B. in Phoenix, Arizona said: it wasnt because of the teachers, students, services, anything. we always got 100% on every state board inspections.
it was a dispute between the owner and stateboard who didn't involve him self with the teaching or practing of the school.
the student who posted that comment did that in the heat of the moment when we didnt know anything that was going on.
unfortunatly it was probably one of the brand new girls who posted that who didnt get to know the school, and all it did for us.

it was a great school with an unfortunate end.

Thank you so much Kaila for your kind words and praise. It is always a moving experience to hear these kind words during such an unfortunate time beyond our control.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sara jackson in Pasadena, California

68 months ago

Victim in Chandler, Arizona said: Thank you so much Kaila for your kind words and praise. It is always a moving experience to hear these kind words during such an unfortunate time beyond our control.

They are crooks!, All of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sara jackson in Pasadena, California

68 months ago

sara jackson in Pasadena, California said: They are crooks!, All of them.

if you really want to know what is going on then ask the Az State Board for the information that is open to the public.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kaila B. in Phoenix, Arizona

68 months ago

sorry but who are you? and whats your relationship to this..
oh thats right you have no relationship to this story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MakeupArtist in Anchorage, Alaska

67 months ago

I'm planning on moving to Arizona from Alaska also (small world!) and I'm going to be attending esthetician school in the late summer. I've created a blog that I am putting all the research I've been doing about the different schools, their costs, their pros and cons (for me, anyway!). Just thought this might be helpful for anyone else researching schools in Arizona :)

estheticianschool.blogspot.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cris in Anchorage, Alaska

67 months ago

MakeupArtist in Anchorage, Alaska said: I'm planning on moving to Arizona from Alaska also (small world!) and I'm going to be attending esthetician school in the late summer. I've created a blog that I am putting all the research I've been doing about the different schools, their costs, their pros and cons (for me, anyway!). Just thought this might be helpful for anyone else researching schools in Arizona :)

estheticianschool.blogspot.com

MakeupArtist- I also am researching schools and have looked at a couple in AZ. I'd be interested to get some information from you. I visited your blog but was unable to leave a comment w/o signing up for service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

email me! I will fix that on my blog, but here is my email address missmolly@gmail.com :)

Victim in Chandler, Arizona

67 months ago

sara jackson in Pasadena, California said: They are crooks!, All of them.

I know for a fact it wasn't ALL of them. About what time were you a student there?

65 months ago

Hey! Let's hear from some of you who are enrolled in esthetician school in AZ! Where do you go? How do you like it? How does your current experience with the school compare with your first impression?

sandy in Mesa, Arizona

65 months ago

Academy of Aesthetics Arts and Sciences in Tempe is the best Aesthetics school in AZ HANDS DOWN!!!! I went to several different schools and finally transferred to this one!! The instructors are amazing and you learn ten times as much as the other schools!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Beauty Spa in Mesa, Arizona

65 months ago

azbeautyschools.com
beautyschoolsphoenix.com
MaricopaBeautyCollege.com

Beauty Spa in Mesa, Arizona

65 months ago

sherribos@yahoo.com in Wichita, Kansas

61 months ago

sandy in Mesa, Arizona said: Academy of Aesthetics Arts and Sciences in Tempe is the best Aesthetics school in AZ HANDS DOWN!!!! I went to several different schools and finally transferred to this one!! The instructors are amazing and you learn ten times as much as the other schools!!!

I'm thinking of going to school. If you don't mind me asking who did you contact there and how much is it a month to attend??

Thanks,

Sherri

Stephanie in Scottsdale, Arizona

61 months ago

I had a horrible experience with D'Armi Esthetics...they are not about education only about getting your money. They will be nice up front and as soon as you are signed and locked in with their contract. You are not a concern of theres. Kohler Academy is a good school and I had the best time.

Kaila in Chandler, Arizona

61 months ago

sorry stephanie, d'armi is no longer a choice for anyone who would be intrested in this thread. it closed last august, almost 1 year ago.. so i think its fair for me to say that you can stop bashing it. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

actually i fix my comment. it was closer to september when it happened, i would know. i was there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

That school should be closed and if you D'ARMI stole $3000.00 from you, you wouldn't call it bashing. You look up records from the AZ State Board and seek the truth.

61 months ago

oh honey believe me i was THERE i know EVERYTHINGGG i probably lost 8,000 when the school closed but i will still to this day say i loved that school with all my heart. because it wasnt the teachers who got the school shut down it was the owner.

and 2nd there is no reason to be talking about it. you responded to MY post a year ago talking about d'armi. the people looking for opinions about schools arent getting any help by you bashing a school that doesnt even exist anymore. so this conversation is over.

now if you have opinions about other schools great, but lets keep events current.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

ya actually you did respond to my post. i didnt mean you responded a yr ago i ment i posted that question a year ago.. go on check it says it right next to the post.so once again you are giving irrelivant information. please stop. ever stop and wonder if you were the difficult one..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

I am not sure what you were taught but stealing is wrong. Am I angry about $3000.00 being stolen from me? Absolutely. I trusted criminals. When you run a business you don't steal from people. Did people who invested with Bernie Madoff deserve their money stolen. No they did and if you can sleep at night feeling people deserve their money to be stolen. Shame on you. Regardless of the amount being $3000.00 that is a lot of money for me. In the end it caught up to them and thank the good Lord for that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jessicalove415 in Torrance, California

61 months ago

im a little late to the talk about the schools in Tempe/ Phoenix area, but i attended the academy of aesthetics as well in Tempe and loved it. I know that since i attended(finished in December)the staff has changedbut the curriculum and way they teach you there is amazing and structured completely different from any of the other schools i corresponded with, researched visited etc. Every class is hands on everyday you dont just learn bookwork and state board, you are taught theories and treatments then demonstrate them with amazing product lines on eachother in a spa clinic at the school.I loved the education i got there and would highly reccomend it.BUT if possible get a loan NOT from sallie mae.i am tied into an awful loan and thats the company offered to help finance whn you sign up.Has nothing to do with aoa itself, just waring you before hand eplore your financial options before signing anything bc i now have a 13 grand loan with a variable interest rate that i am just starting to pay down..not fun.Best of Luck to you and ps heard awful things about kohler as well as karche which i visited and considered choosing before having my appt with aoa.

Audrey in Chandler, Arizona

61 months ago

jessicalove415 in Torrance, California said: im a little late to the talk about the schools in Tempe/ Phoenix area, but i attended the academy of aesthetics as well in Tempe and loved it. I know that since i attended(finished in December)the staff has changedbut the curriculum and way they teach you there is amazing and structured completely different from any of the other schools i corresponded with, researched visited etc. Every class is hands on everyday you dont just learn bookwork and state board, you are taught theories and treatments then demonstrate them with amazing product lines on eachother in a spa clinic at the school.I loved the education i got there and would highly reccomend it.BUT if possible get a loan NOT from sallie mae.i am tied into an awful loan and thats the company offered to help finance whn you sign up.Has nothing to do with aoa itself, just waring you before hand eplore your financial options before signing anything bc i now have a 13 grand loan with a variable interest rate that i am just starting to pay down..not fun.Best of Luck to you and ps heard awful things about kohler as well as karche which i visited and considered choosing before having my appt with aoa.

you went to international academy of aesthetics in tempe?
i graduted in dec as well!

Audrey in Chandler, Arizona

61 months ago

Kaila in Chandler, Arizona said: ya actually you did respond to my post. i didnt mean you responded a yr ago i ment i posted that question a year ago.. go on check it says it right next to the post.so once again you are giving irrelivant information. please stop. ever stop and wonder if you were the difficult one..

LOL i was one the the first to respond to your orig post! and i just saw next to your name chandler,az. sorry to hear about what happened! did you graduate? or goto another school?!

61 months ago

Audrey in Chandler, Arizona said: LOL i was one the the first to respond to your orig post! and i just saw next to your name chandler,az. sorry to hear about what happened! did you graduate? or goto another school?!

yes i graduated but i transfered to a different school to finish my hours.

Kelly in Tucson, Arizona

60 months ago

Can anyone give me advice on good medical aesthetics / esthetician schools in AZ? I checked the web - some of them are very promising (like IMAj Institute in Scottsdale ) with an amazing curriculum.... But, it is so expensive. I mean, how much really I have to pay to get a lot of practice and knowledge in school and prepare me for Board Exam? $20,000 in only one way to go? I want to find a school with personalized class time and great instructors...school that really cares about what students learn. I am just afraid of paying money and wasting my time in not very professional school. I read those posts about how schools can be misleading and girls are not getting good knowledge and practice while in school.....

unemployed in Chandler, Arizona

59 months ago

Kelly in Tucson, Arizona said: Can anyone give me advice on good medical aesthetics / esthetician schools in AZ? I checked the web - some of them are very promising (like IMAj Institute in Scottsdale ) with an amazing curriculum.... But, it is so expensive. I mean, how much really I have to pay to get a lot of practice and knowledge in school and prepare me for Board Exam? $20,000 in only one way to go? I want to find a school with personalized class time and great instructors...school that really cares about what students learn. I am just afraid of paying money and wasting my time in not very professional school. I read those posts about how schools can be misleading and girls are not getting good knowledge and practice while in school.....

I attended the Imaj institute and recently graduated. While it was a good school, if I could do it over again, I would definaately choose a different school. The price is absolutely ridiculous and the laser portion is very dissapointing. I wush I would have gone to the skin and makeup institute.

Lylnn in Phoenix

59 months ago

Hi everyone. I'm too am looking for a good school...medically based preferably but live in North Phoenix... Don't want to spend an arm and leg either. Some seasoned estheticians told me just learn basics from good school and go from there. Any seasoned estheticians out there who can answer my plea!! Thanks

Jen in Gilbert, Arizona

57 months ago

sandy in Mesa, Arizona said: Academy of Aesthetics Arts and Sciences in Tempe is the best Aesthetics school in AZ HANDS DOWN!!!! I went to several different schools and finally transferred to this one!! The instructors are amazing and you learn ten times as much as the other schools!!!

Hi Sandy - I'm right on the verge of making a decision about which school to attend in Phoenix and REALLY appreciate your input. I really liked Academy of Aesthetics. Is there any additional information that you can proide me about the other schools?

Thanks so much!

Makeup Artist in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

I'm about halfway done with my schooling at International Academy in Tempe and I couldn't be happier! Our schedule is very structured, the instructors are extremely knowledgeable and professional, and we learn more product lines than any of the other schools I interviewed with. I'm completely satisfied so far, and I'm happy that my sister will be attending the school this summer as well :)

estystudent2010 in Chandler, Arizona

57 months ago

Does anyone have any input on Kohler Academy?

Suzanne Dunn-Dimonte in Trenton, New Jersey

57 months ago

I am interested in attending school for esthetician. I need to go on an eveing part-time schedule due to work obligations during the day. I checked out Rizzeria in Voorhees NJ but very pricy....any suggestions.

Clinicianinaz in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

Kelly in Tucson, Arizona said: Can anyone give me advice on good medical aesthetics / esthetician schools in AZ? I checked the web - some of them are very promising (like IMAj Institute in Scottsdale ) with an amazing curriculum.... But, it is so expensive. I mean, how much really I have to pay to get a lot of practice and knowledge in school and prepare me for Board Exam? $20,000 in only one way to go? I want to find a school with personalized class time and great instructors...school that really cares about what students learn. I am just afraid of paying money and wasting my time in not very professional school. I read those posts about how schools can be misleading and girls are not getting good knowledge and practice while in school.....

I attended IMAj Institute in AZ a few months ago. I could not be happier! They for sure have the best curriculum and are the only school who does on site hands on laser training. IMAj is the Harvard of aesthetics schools thats why its so expensive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Clinicianinaz in Phoenix, Arizona

57 months ago

I attended IMAj Institute in AZ a few months ago. I could not be happier! They for sure have the best curriculum and are the only school who does on site hands on laser training. IMAj is the Harvard of aesthetics schools thats why its so expensive.

Mary in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

All I can say is that IMAj is not a good school!!! They have a beautiful face and have master an esthetic front to present to the public, but trust me when I say, they are not a good school.
Myself, among other of my fellow students, attended IMAj and are relatively recent graduates from IMAj. We received poor and incorrect instruction and education. We were continuously lied to, told we would receive certain products, training, and proper education under nurses, physicians, and aestheticians alike, yet when it all came down to it, non of them were given and instead upon graduation we also learned that most of the techniques we had learned were not applicable in the real world and were based around lies.

The machines we work on at school are indeed Gary's machines he has built himself. We knew this during school, we didn't realize they were all his machines though, and often the machines broke and were gone for week upon weeks. Several times the tattoo, among other machines broke while working on a patient, yet the "teachers" told us to ignore when they faulty shooting and continue on, which could injure the client. Most of the time that majority of us speculated if any of the machines really worked at all. Plus, during my last month and a half attending Imaj one of my fellow students found that Gary's company had been sued several times in the past and he has switched his companies name to cover his trail. This fellow student used to work in politics and studied in law and found creditable information and is still in the process of suing Gary and the school herself today.

All I can say is that I would never recommend this school to another individual, if they were and enemy or not. I am now finished with the program and licensed, but they have been no assistance to me and have even lied and ignored my calls after leaving school. I was an excellent student who had a well paying career before IMAj, don't let them fool you too!!! Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rfair in Fairbanks, Alaska

56 months ago

first question is what does IMAJ stand for so I know who not to go to?
And has anyone attended National Laser Insitution in Scotsdale?
Is it good and can you get a job after attending?
thanks

sunny in Scottsdale, Arizona

53 months ago

I am thinking about attending IMAJ Institute. Some of your comments are scary about this institute. I am mainly interested in laser treatments but would like to get additional training in relating field. Could anybody advice me what school is the best and students come out ready to face the job marked with a great success rate? Thanks

Kristi in Phoenix, Arizona

52 months ago

sunny in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I am thinking about attending IMAJ Institute. Some of your comments are scary about this institute. I am mainly interested in laser treatments but would like to get additional training in relating field. Could anybody advice me what school is the best and students come out ready to face the job marked with a great success rate? Thanks

Hello,

I have to say I defiantly do not agree that IMAj is a poor school! I graduated from IMAj Institute last year and had a wonderful experience. The instructors are the most knowledgeable in the field and they defiantly have the best curriculum. I gained a lot of insight from other aestheticians I have worked with in the field about the schools they went to and none of the compare to IMAj!! They assisted in getting me my first job and many of the doctors and med spas in town only want to hire IMAj graduates. I think it is defiantly a smart decision to attend IMAj over any other school! My advice is really do your homework on the schools, ask med spa's and doctors offices what school they recommend. That is what I did and that is why I chose IMAj.

shay10 in Phoenix, Arizona

50 months ago

Hello,

Have anyone been to the maricopa beauty college in Avondale?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.