State Board Practical & Exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (41)

Erica Nichole in Smyrna, Georgia

70 months ago

I moved from California to Atlanta. Ca does not reciprocate with Ga. I will probably be forced to take the state board exam and practical again! I am looking to hear from anyone who has completed the Ga state board exam and practical. Is it hard? Do you have a sample quiz of the sort of questions they ask? What is the practical like? Please let me know... Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Evatour in Lilburn, Georgia

70 months ago

Hello Nicole,
Have you received a response regarding your questions? I am also from California and wanted info abot the exam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

No, Evatour! I haven't heard from anyone unfortunately! Keep checking back! If you receive any answers would you mind filling me in too??? Have a good week! Erica

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Evatour in Lilburn, Georgia

70 months ago

Have you contacted GA state board for the reciprocity application? Apparently, you pay $50 and submit all of the info to them. The board will then decide if it is necessary for you to take the exam. Check www.sos.georgia.gov and look under prfessional licensure. You can download the reciprocity forms under cosmetology. If they decide you must take the exam, the $50 will go toward your license.
Hope this helps.
Eva

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Yes, I have! I have forwarded them the paperwork. I haven't received my answer back yet! I am waiting! I will let you know as soon as I receive the paperwork just in case we are still in the same boat! ;-) Wish you all the best! Erica

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Evatour in Stone Mountain, Georgia

70 months ago

As a back up, I will see what I can find in the way of study materials. Have a great day Erica!

Evatour in Stone Mountain, Georgia

70 months ago

Hello again,
If you haven't seen this, I just found the site, www.dlroope.com, who administers the test in GA. They give a breakdown of the exam. Hope it helps.
Eva

Jen in Huntington Beach, California

66 months ago

can you wear black pants and white smok to the practical?

the facial room in cypress, California

66 months ago

Jen in Huntington Beach, California said: can you wear black pants and white smok to the practical?

Yes!

Kim in Roswell, Georgia

66 months ago

Erica Nichole in Smyrna, Georgia said: I moved from California to Atlanta. Ca does not reciprocate with Ga. I will probably be forced to take the state board exam and practical again! I am looking to hear from anyone who has completed the Ga state board exam and practical. Is it hard? Do you have a sample quiz of the sort of questions they ask? What is the practical like? Please let me know... Thank you!

I am studying for my exam and will be taking my test this Monday. You can go to the following website for information on the practical exam: www.nictesting.org. You can also purchase the Milady Exam Review for sample questions. I hope this was helpful.

usha in Modesto, California

62 months ago

hi.. i am all most done my hours in school.and i am read to preappled for state bord test of ca. but i get confuse from wher to start my prepration.. so any one help me to start with online test or book ..that help..
thanks..

Shawnii in Walnut Creek, California

59 months ago

Hey there..im licensed in AZ, but i just moved back to CA..has anyone takin the CA exam if so is it hard?? whats on the practical?? please some one help me. =)

Tyna in Scottsdale, Arizona

59 months ago

I wouldn't say the CA state board is hard but it does take a long time for them to schedule out of state estheticians for your testing. You'll want to wear white pants, top and smock.

I would rent a kit from one of the companies that sells them so you will be sure to have all the proper supplies labeled correctly and in baggies. These companies are very close to the testing site and also have a class that goes over your kit with you.I took the test in Southern Cali years ago and it was in a bad location of town so allow extra time for finding it and get your kit the day before your test. The test is very outdated but they are looking for proper sanitation so wash your hands a lot. I needed to bring a model and do a facial, waxing/tweezing and make up application including applying false eyelashes.

I think if you do really well on the written portion and demonstrate through sanitation then you'll pass as it's not seriously technical just picky about sanitation, properly labeled and bagged items and how your station is set up. The test is much easier than finding a good job although California is much better than Arizona. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stefanie in Beaumont, California

58 months ago

Do we wear our lab coat in the written part of the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

fnkdawk in Oxnard, California

57 months ago

I completed my hours for Estheticians (600) 15 years ago, am I still able to just take the ca state exam or do I have to redo the hours?

usha in Modesto, California

57 months ago

well up to my knowledge if u in ca.. u required 600 hrs. but 15 yr ago your 600 hrs last 5 yrs.. only after that u need to redo it..

nassim in Atlanta, Georgia

50 months ago

hi all,has anyone takin the georgia esthetics practical and wrinting exam if so is it hard?? whats on the practical?? please some one help me. =)and also i need the kit for esthetics where can i buy it?please let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Thao

48 months ago

I will take an exame cosmetology in jan2010,some one was pass please help me about theory & practice test plssssss my email saubaytam@yahoo.com

Khuff in Seattle, Washington

48 months ago

Thao said: I will take an exame cosmetology in jan2010,some one was pass please help me about theory & practice test plssssss my email saubaytam@yahoo.com

You might look into this if you still need help with the Theory.
I purchased Estegirl's study guide and passed the written exam easily! Almost every key term in it was on the test. She doesn't give the questions but as she says, if you memorise the key terms definitions and use the test taking tips it is not all that hard. I highly recommend it. It saved me from blindly studying the whole book and a lot of stress. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH ESTEGIRL!!!!!

Estegirl 911 in Phoenix, Arizona

48 months ago

Khuff in Seattle, Washington said: You might look into this if you still need help with the Theory.
I purchased Estegirl's study guide and passed the written exam easily! Almost every key term in it was on the test. She doesn't give the questions but as she says, if you memorise the key terms definitions and use the test taking tips it is not all that hard. I highly recommend it. It saved me from blindly studying the whole book and a lot of stress. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH ESTEGIRL!!!!!

Congratulations Khuff!!
Thank you for your feedback & Best of Luck to you in the Future!!!

Desperate: in Marysville, Washington

46 months ago

Estegirl 911 in Phoenix, Arizona said: Congratulations Khuff!!
Thank you for your feedback & Best of Luck to you in the Future!!!

Estegirl: I have been out of school for almost 6 yrs. now. I passed my practical but unfotuneately did not pass the Wa. state board exam. I would like to know if you have the perrrrfect study guide to email or purchase and any help you can offer so that I can pass this unforgiving exam? Thanks

cmtcynthia in Scottsdale, Arizona

46 months ago

Shawnii in Walnut Creek, California said: Hey there..im licensed in AZ, but i just moved back to CA..has anyone takin the CA exam if so is it hard?? whats on the practical?? please some one help me. =)

hey- Az and Ca have reciprocity- u just pay. That is the only reason i am in esthi school here as i am licensend in Ca as a CMT.. so I'll be double trouble.
According to my teachers u no longer have to re exam.

Shawnii in Pinole, California

46 months ago

cmtcynthia in Scottsdale, Arizona said: hey- Az and Ca have reciprocity- u just pay. That is the only reason i am in esthi school here as i am licensend in Ca as a CMT.. so I'll be double trouble.
According to my teachers u no longer have to re exam.

Nope, not coming into CA from AZ unless you've been licensed 3 of the last 5yrs in AZ...I've only been licensed for 2yrs =(...

cmtcynthia in Scottsdale, Arizona

46 months ago

really ? that sucks cuz i have one license in ca and one here. and the market sux here. My teachers have assured me that this is so... what about new people?

Mandy Morris

44 months ago

I'm taking the esthetics practical Monday and have a few questions. Do I wear gloves the entire time? Do you just remove makeup or do a cleansing massage? Do you sharpen eye/lip liner before for sanitization? Do you sanitize tweezer in front of judges? When all does the client need to wear eye pads?

Amy S in Bellevue, Washington

38 months ago

I am trying to choose between State Board Exam Review for the Esthetician Student and Miladys exam review for State of Washinton. Which one is recommended over the other?
Appreciate your help. Thanks

EducatedEsthetician in California

36 months ago

You school should be able to give you this info. It varies by State.

EE

Makeupgal in Blacksburg, Virginia

36 months ago

Hi I'm taking the Virginia practical on Monday and had a few questions if anyone could help me or knows sites that could help that would be great. I have a list of materials needed but it's vague so I was wondering about a few things

Juliana in Bronx, New York

25 months ago

Hello future Estheticians!

Soon you will be taking your written state board exam! Exciting! Not really I know. Studying for the exam can be daunting, overwhelming and nerve racking; especially when there is so much information to remember. Having experienced these same feelings, I understand the anxiety of not knowing exactly what is most important to study.

While studying for my exam I went through several different study guides, and when I finally took my exam I noticed that most of the questions on the exam were not even mentioned on the study guides. What a disappointment that was. Luckily, I also studied my entire text book to make sure I did not miss a thing! I passed my exam! I have to tell you that I studied more than was necessary. You do not have to study the entire textbook.

I created this study guide to make studying for the exam a lot simpler for you. This guide will provide the most important key points for each subject and is laid out clearly for you to understand the material. When you understand the information, it is easier to remember it. All the information on my guide will be useful not only for your exam but also for your future career as an Esthetician.

If you would like a copy of the state board exam guide please write your e-mail address when responding to this message.

Thank you and all the best!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

christinia in Tacoma, Washington

25 months ago

Juliana in Bronx, New York said: Hello future Estheticians!

Soon you will be taking your written state board exam! Exciting! Not really I know. Studying for the exam can be daunting, overwhelming and nerve racking; especially when there is so much information to remember. Having experienced these same feelings, I understand the anxiety of not knowing exactly what is most important to study.

While studying for my exam I went through several different study guides, and when I finally took my exam I noticed that most of the questions on the exam were not even mentioned on the study guides. What a disappointment that was. Luckily, I also studied my entire text book to make sure I did not miss a thing! I passed my exam! I have to tell you that I studied more than was necessary. You do not have to study the entire textbook.

I created this study guide to make studying for the exam a lot simpler for you. This guide will provide the most important key points for each subject and is laid out clearly for you to understand the material. When you understand the information, it is easier to remember it. All the information on my guide will be useful not only for your exam but also for your future career as an Esthetician.

If you would like a copy of the state board exam guide please write your e-mail address when responding to this message.

cjybarra54@gmaul.com

Amberina6190 in Austin, Texas

25 months ago

I created this study guide to make studying for the exam a lot simpler for you. This guide will provide the most important key points for each subject and is laid out clearly for you to understand the material. When you understand the information, it is easier to remember it. All the information on my guide will be useful not only for your exam but also for your future career as an Esthetician .

Would really appreciate all the help I can get --- am scheduled to take written portion of stateboard in 2 weeks!
Thanks,
Amber.

Email: Amberina6190@gmail.com

maria london in San Diego, California

25 months ago

Erica Nichole in Smyrna, Georgia said: I moved from California to Atlanta. Ca does not reciprocate with Ga. I will probably be forced to take the state board exam and practical again! I am looking to hear from anyone who has completed the Ga state board exam and practical. Is it hard? Do you have a sample quiz of the sort of questions they ask? What is the practical like? Please let me know... Thank you!

Hi can anyone recommend good study material for the esthtican state board. Has anyone used the pivot-point study guide or the one on lulu.com

I EXPRESS ordered the one from lulu.com called state board exam review for the esthitican student but 4 days later and it hasnt turned up. I also note that its a site where people can self publish their books so its got me wondering the person who published this book were they infact promoting their book and directing everyone to the website??!! The website has no contact number.. I really need help as i sit my state board in a couple of weeks. Im from England, we dont have state board so i dont even know what part of milady to study...

kth88 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

Hi, My e-mail address is kth88@hotmail.com. Study material would be much appreciated. Test is coming Monday. I help you help, failed twice already.

Estegirl 911 in Phoenix, Arizona

25 months ago

scam said: Ok so update to what I posted a few days back. this woman is indeed a scam wasting people's time and stealing their money. After being directed to lily.com and ordering, and PAYING almost 50$$ in totall because I "express" delevered. My bankatwr stoped my card tellin me it had been compromiseas the "mernt" still had my details nand had tried to use it elsewhere. Fast forto today, and the dirty little bit** has sent me an email telling me to pay thru pay pal if I want it in its entirty. e is Soooo damn lucky I dnt know where she lives. I have my exam in less than a griffin week and now have to waste time finding another book and getting it next day delivery . Fing b***h!!!
So do yourselfs a favour and look elsewhere. Do not order through lulu.com and don't order a book by Teresa frankel

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I DO NOT HAVE A BOOK FOR SALE. IT IS A SEVEN PAGE STUDY GUIDE WHICH IS SHIPPED VIA EMAIL. THERE IS NO EXPRESS SERVICES OR DELIVERY CHARGES. MY GUIDE IS $15.95 PAYABLE THRU PAYPAL ONLY! I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY BANKING OR PERSONAL INFORMATION BELONGING TO PURCHASER. I REALIZE THAT YOU WERE RIPPED OFF BY THIS "LULU.COM" SITE BUT WHY YOU ARE ASSOCIATING IT WITH ME IS BEWILDERING AT THE LEAST!! I HAVE REFUNDED YOUR PAYPAL PAYMENT AND EMAILED YOU COPIES OF MY STUDY GUIDE FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS. PLEASE GET YOU SH**T TOGETHER BEFORE SLAMMING SOMEONE FOR SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPENED. DO US ALL A FAVOR AND PLEASE NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING ON EBAY OR ANYWHERE ONLINE FOR THAT MATTER.
YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY!!

Ashley in Carrollton, Georgia

22 months ago

I created this study guide to make studying for the exam a lot simpler for you. This guide will provide the most important key points for each subject and is laid out clearly for you to understand the material. When you understand the information, it is easier to remember it. All the information on my guide will be useful not only for your exam but also for your future career as an Esthetician .

Please help me... It's been 8 yrs since I finished school.. Got married.. Had kids now wishing I had taken the test 8 yrs ago... I need help with the hands on part.. I don't know what supplies I need anymore or the sanitary procedures... Please help me.. aabatts@hotmail.com

BonnieJF in Overland Park, Kansas

18 months ago

I think this person must be from another country as their english is horrible. I hope that she did apologize to you.

BonnieJF in Overland Park, Kansas

18 months ago

Hello,

I am a liscensed Esthetician from Indiana and have been one for 5 years. I recently moved to Kansas, where I have had to take my exams all over again.I passed the theory but not the practical. Does anyone have any tips on how to pass the practical here??

I wore gloves the whole time as I was taught that way, the other ladies taking the test did not. I used sponges and cotton pads to remove product. What do they use in Kansas?? Also people brought sheets with them and wet towels, I was not told to bring this nor was it on the list of supplies to bring. I did not even get one section correct this is so bogus, it is not like I am right out of school, How could I miss points on face cleansing, anyone have any tips??

Going to take the test for the 2nd time next months.

Thank you

moe in Allen, Texas

17 months ago

How do I contact you about that study guide? let me know theredlipqueen@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gislaine Leocadio in Woodside, New York

15 months ago

Gis.sabonario@gmail.com how do I contact you about that study guide? Please thanks

moe in Woodstock, Georgia

15 months ago

MWILLIAMS809@GMAIL.COM

Teresa Pyle in Tinley Park, Illinois

3 months ago

Please send a copy to calabria@ameritech.net thank you

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.