Wha is the point of selling laser hair removal so cheap?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

ameera319 in Farmington, Michigan

16 months ago

I have been so frustrated with how cheap laser packages are being sold on groupon etc. it literally costs the business money to do these services at such discounted prices and it takes away from my waxing clientelle with no profit from changing to laser.
I see some spas offer 6 full leg sessions for $249. Being that groupon gets 1/2 that is 6 -1hr appts for $150. What else can you sell them if they have paid almost nothing for the biggest service area in hair removal? I'm so tired of seeing poor marketing ruin the beauty industry! Can anyone help me see the benefit of this? I'm getting paid pennies from my employer for the highest liability service I perform.
I have left jobs because of this problem. What else is there to do about it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pristine Laser Center in Altamonte Springs, Florida

16 months ago

Yes, there are many "med spas" that are basically giving away services like laser hair removal in hopes they can "up-sell". But when they are giving away the "up-sell", they are in trouble. These places usually don't stay in business very long. Most of these places are struggling financially and looking for a quick infusion of cash. These places make their employees work hard, take on a lot of liability and not get paid very well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

AH in Columbia, Missouri

16 months ago

Groupon and similar deals irritate me, as well. I would rather donate a service to a charitable silent auction. It's a good cause and it's free advertising at events. I find that people who come in for advertised deals or specials typically aren't retained. The people who follow the sales will follow them elsewhere, as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.