marketing ideas for new skin therapists

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Susan in La Mirada, California

78 months ago

I rent a skincare room in a beauty supply store and needed to build a client base. The following are two things I did to build a client base. If you are a new esthetican and need to build a client base too, maybe these will work for you too. First: Do a free drawing for a Free facial. No purchase necessary. Have forms for them to fill out and deposit into a box. I put an easel with a sign infront of the store to announce the drawing. I printed 100 entry forms. They must fill in their name, address and phone number. They do not need to be present to win, however their form must contain address and phone number to qualify for drawing. Walla! Empty your box after the drawing and you have a Data base of close to 75 people. All of which are interested in facials. Send a post card to each of them with a coupon offering 10, 15 or 20% off first facial or offer a new client facial special. Second thing I did: Every client that comes in I give them a clients reward card. After five facials they get one free. And I also give them three referral cards to give to friends or family. The people they refer get 20% off their first facial. The person referring puts their name and phone number on the back of the card. When you receive two referrals from the same person you call them and tell them that they now get a free facial. This has worked for me. If anyone needs help with designing any of this I will be happy to help you. Yes, you are giving away some free services but it is worth it to build your business. Good luck to you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.