I've waited so long to start working, I feel like I have zero knowledge of skin care anymore. Where do I start?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Mims B in Fort Worth, Texas

20 months ago

I finished school in late 2008 but didn't get my esthetician license until the beginning of 2010. I searched for jobs the entire year and finally got hired to do waxing in early 2011. The waxing job didn't work out; I was absolutely horrible at Brazilians :( So, after that I've been a trying to avoid anywhere that offers Brazilians. Not only do I suck at those, but I also have zero confidence in doing makeup. I can do my own... but I don't feel like I'm artistic or talented enough to do it on others. I would absolutely love to stick with strictly skin care. I found a couple job openings that I would love to apply for but my problem is: I've been out of school so long and I feel like all the knowledge I had is completely gone :( And I struggle with my own skin, so how are people supposed to take advice from someone who can't resolve their own skin issues? Where do I start? What resources can I truly trust for skin care information? Any advice on any of my issues would be fantastic!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff B in Dallas, Texas

20 months ago

Mims B in Fort Worth, Texas said: I finished school in late 2008 but didn't get my esthetician license until the beginning of 2010. I searched for jobs the entire year and finally got hired to do waxing in early 2011. The waxing job didn't work out; I was absolutely horrible at Brazilians :( So, after that I've been a trying to avoid anywhere that offers Brazilians. Not only do I suck at those, but I also have zero confidence in doing makeup. I can do my own... but I don't feel like I'm artistic or talented enough to do it on others. I would absolutely love to stick with strictly skin care. I found a couple job openings that I would love to apply for but my problem is: I've been out of school so long and I feel like all the knowledge I had is completely gone :( And I struggle with my own skin, so how are people supposed to take advice from someone who can't resolve their own skin issues? Where do I start? What resources can I truly trust for skin care information? Any advice on any of my issues would be fantastic!

email me. We'll talk.

aaea@earthlink.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.