Becoming an Event Planner

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 311)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Shannon in Palm Desert, California

84 months ago

Okay, so I am surrently in the process of studying wedding consulting & event planning. I am very outgoing, friendly, organized and creative. I have always been interested in becoming an Event Planner and opening my own business. I currently live in Southern California and plan on moving to Central Florida next year....is this a smart field to get into? I am currently engaged, and my fiance is a pilot and air traffic controller so I don't need to make a bundle, but I would like to make at least 60-70k....is this possible? Also, are there certain areas of the US that anyone feels is a bad area to be an Event Planner? Any advice will help! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (187) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

KMS in West Palm Beach, Florida

84 months ago

Hi - I can certainly offer some advice. I too am an event planner in Florida and my bofriend is ATC. Do you have a personal email address where we can correspond?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Palm Desert, California

84 months ago

KMS in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hi - I can certainly offer some advice. I too am an event planner in Florida and my bofriend is ATC. Do you have a personal email address where we can correspond?

Yes, my email is shannonmarie24@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you.

Shannon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Will in Reno, Nevada

84 months ago

Hi,

I also work in event planning for a resort in Reno, Nevada. It is only possible to make the kind of money your talking about if you move into corporate event planning. You probably need a degree in communications, business admin, or marketing to accomplish that.

Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Z.C. in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

If you have advice to offer, please feel free to email me at zcdavis112@sprintpcs.com Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bonita in Beulaville NC in Dunn, North Carolina

84 months ago

Will in Reno, Nevada said: Hi,

I also work in event planning for a resort in Reno, Nevada. It is only possible to make the kind of money your talking about if you move into corporate event planning. You probably need a degree in communications, business admin, or marketing to accomplish that.

Good luck to you!

Hi,
I have dreams of becoming and Event/party planner aslo.
I am currently in school studing General Education.I will graduate in Dec of 2007. I was wondering if I could start doing anniversaries, receptions, company business parties now
and when I get my 4 year degree in business in Dec of 2008
maybe I could jump right into event planning. Could you give me some tips on planning small parties now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

stephiej42 in Ann Arbor, Michigan

84 months ago

I graduated with a degree in sociology but have been working the past 4 years as a marketing analyst, payroll coordinator, and bookkeeper. On the weekends I help at a big Catering company. I will be moving soon and am looking to have a career change. I am currently enrolled in a 6 week event planning course... any suggestions what to do after that? I want to learn as much as possible. I figure if I don't have the experience I can at least have the knowledge and passion for it. I have done some event planning but nothing formally. Any associations or well known classes, seminars, etc. in the Ann Arbor or Chicago area?? Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Yana in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

Z.C. in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am very interested in becoming a professional event planner. I currently work in Corporate America and hold a Degree in Business Management. To be honest, my job pays well but I hate it! My heart just isn't there. I've always had a passion though for planning things. Done a few private parties for friends, assisted with a few family reunions - small things like that. I realize that in order to be successful in this business, knowing people in high positions certainly helps. I unfortuantly don't know very many people like that. I'm looking for as much advice as possible on how to truly begin and build a fan base in this business...

Hi,
I am right with you. I graduated with a BA in business/healthcare administration just to be safe and have stayed in that industry since 01.. It's such a bore.. I would love to deal with people and have lots of motivation to move on into this industry. I am thinking about doing certificate program to get myself familiarized with the people and it's industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Z.C. in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Yana in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi,
I am right with you. I graduated with a BA in business/healthcare administration just to be safe and have stayed in that industry since 01.. It's such a bore.. I would love to deal with people and have lots of motivation to move on into this industry. I am thinking about doing certificate program to get myself familiarized with the people and it's industry.

Hi Yana,

If you can, please send me an email at zcdavis112@sprintpcs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Christopher Algoo in Jericho, New York

83 months ago

I'd love some event planning advice as well, if you have any to spare :-)

If you can, please email me at christopher.a.algoo@gmail.com .

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Juliet in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Bonita in Beulaville NC in Dunn, North Carolina said: Hi,
I have dreams of becoming and Event/party planner aslo.
I am currently in school studing General Education.I will graduate in Dec of 2007. I was wondering if I could start doing anniversaries, receptions, company business parties now
and when I get my 4 year degree in business in Dec of 2008
maybe I could jump right into event planning. Could you give me some tips on planning small parties now?

Don't kid yourself. I've been doing event planning for two years, but had prior experience working on non-profit events and coordinating volunteers, and working with local press. Plus, I got a certificate in event planning. There is no room for error on large special event parties and corporate receptions. Any small "screw-up" can make the department head look bad to the CEO or the bride's mother refuse to attend the wedding. I suggest you volunteer on as many events as you can for the first 6 months.

You can get books on party planning and try some "small" family reunions and parties. The pay's not great but it's good word of mouth.

Juliet
A-list Events of Atlanta

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Palm Desert, California

83 months ago

Juliet in Atlanta, Georgia said: Don't kid yourself. I've been doing event planning for two years, but had prior experience working on non-profit events and coordinating volunteers, and working with local press. Plus, I got a certificate in event planning. There is no room for error on large special event parties and corporate receptions. Any small "screw-up" can make the department head look bad to the CEO or the bride's mother refuse to attend the wedding. I suggest you volunteer on as many events as you can for the first 6 months.

You can get books on party planning and try some "small" family reunions and parties. The pay's not great but it's good word of mouth.

Juliet
A-list Events of Atlanta

May I ask where you got certified??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cindi in Midland, Texas

83 months ago

I, too, am a new event planner that recently left a salaried job as a Marketing Director for a local non-profit. Always planning the events and parties for this group, taught me the skills I needed and associated me with the vendors that I would use. Now, I'm starting my own business, and have recently become a CEP (Certified Event Planner). You have to qualify by either having taken enough courses in event planning, or as I did, had 9 years in active service of Event Planning.
Good luck! I have had no problem getting 4 parties by word of mouth, as I get ready to "launch" the business this fall! Just get the word out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cindi in Midland, Texas

83 months ago

P.S. Go to any of the online schools that offer certified courses in event planning, or better yet, attend one locally. There are several good books that advise a new planner on what's expected, but as mentioned before, one small mistake, and your name goes down with it!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carol in Willingboro, New Jersey

83 months ago

Hi, I`m really interest in being a event planner also, I`ve been on my job for a long time and i hate it .I`m very much of a people person an love throwing affairs , am tired of working for other people ,iwanted to do something like this for a very long time the only thing that stoping me is that i don`nt know how to go about it ,to get myself started in this adventure,i have my B.A. in business also. I don`t want to do big corporateion i want to apply myself to smaller ventures. please!!!! guys give me some stong advise on how to go about this so i won`t fall on my face!!!!!!! p.s. I`m ready to quit my job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Iris in San Francisco De Macorís, Dominican Republic

83 months ago

i live in Dominican Republic, can somebody tell me about event planner courses? Which institutes in Florida offer it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Iris in San Francisco De Macorís, Dominican Republic

83 months ago

KMS in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hi - I can certainly offer some advice. I too am an event planner in Florida and my bofriend is ATC. Do you have a personal email address where we can correspond?

Please, let me know which institutes in Florida offer Event Planning courses?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Desert Hot Springs, California

83 months ago

Cindi in Midland, Texas said: P.S. Go to any of the online schools that offer certified courses in event planning, or better yet, attend one locally. There are several good books that advise a new planner on what's expected, but as mentioned before, one small mistake, and your name goes down with it!!

Cindi!
Thanks for the advice! I would like to talk to you further about Event Planning if you ever have time....my email is shannonmarie24@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cindi of Pink Mesquite Parties & Events in Midland, Texas

83 months ago

Carol - My suggestion is to find an event getting ready to take place in your area, and volunteer to help. Be on a committee that will set you up in the middle of things...As a volunteer, you won't get paid, but you will get direction from someone who already knows what to do, and you can easily watch and learn! It's the fastest way to pick up event planning techniques(without going to school) while you still work your day job. Most events are held on weekends, therefore you should be able to volunteer in the evenings, or Saturdays.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindi of Pink Mesquite Parties & Events in Midland, Texas

83 months ago

stephiej42 in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: I graduated with a degree in sociology but have been working the past 4 years as a marketing analyst, payroll coordinator, and bookkeeper. On the weekends I help at a big Catering company. I will be moving soon and am looking to have a career change. I am currently enrolled in a 6 week event planning course... any suggestions what to do after that? I want to learn as much as possible. I figure if I don't have the experience I can at least have the knowledge and passion for it. I have done some event planning but nothing formally. Any associations or well known classes, seminars, etc. in the Ann Arbor or Chicago area?? Thank you!

You should check out the organizations such as ISEP,(International Society of Event Planners), and others that will have meetings in your area....there are Certified Event Planner organizations that meet in each state, also. Go online and search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindi of Pink Mesquite Parties & Events in Midland, Texas

83 months ago

Shannon in Desert Hot Springs, California said: Cindi!
Thanks for the advice! I would like to talk to you further about Event Planning if you ever have time....my email is shannonmarie24@yahoo.com

Shannon, You can email me for further discussion at cindi@pinkmesquite.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindi of Pink Mesquite Parties & Events in Midland, Texas

83 months ago

Bonita in Beulaville NC in Dunn, North Carolina said: Hi,
I have dreams of becoming and Event/party planner aslo.
I am currently in school studing General Education.I will graduate in Dec of 2007. I was wondering if I could start doing anniversaries, receptions, company business parties now
and when I get my 4 year degree in business in Dec of 2008
maybe I could jump right into event planning. Could you give me some tips on planning small parties now?

Bonita,
I think you're on the right track, but how about starting small right now, with small people? In other words, planning kids birthday parties are the easiest, and they always bring their moms! If you can work out a deal with a local play place (offer them make a percentage of your fee) then you could set up your birthday service at their location. I can promise you, moms and dads will pay someone to entertain little Johnny and several of his friends for a couple of hours! Where I use to work, a Children's Museum was booked almost every Saturday with a kid's party that cost $300 each! Offering different themed choices for boys and girls, will increase your value.
Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Kissimmee, Florida

83 months ago

Hi, I just relocated from NY to FL and I was wondering if anyone has found a School that offers an Event Planning Certification in Orlando or even an online school. I've been doing events for friends and family. I'm looking to do this full time. Does anyone have any advice. I've done weddings, nostly baby showers, kids b-days, I've done all the aspects of the planning, the flowers, the favors and its been great.
Please email me with any suggestions or advise.
Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cindi of Pink Mesquite Parties & Events in Midland, Texas

83 months ago

Michelle,
One of the best online schools in the country is George Washington University in Washington, D.C. They offer an online selection of courses that are in this area......check out the faculty listing...pretty impressive stuff!
go to www.gwutourism.org/eventmanagement

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lynne

83 months ago

I am currently in the teaching profession.
I am interested in special event planning.
I recently took a course in special event planning. I am really interested in going in business with my daughter in the special event planning business. We've done parties for children, formal dinner parties for adults, picnics, family reunions, showers and wedding receptions for family and friends, as well as for our classes. We'd like to attend conferences, classes, trade shows, etc in the Washington, DC area. Please help! Thank You Much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Meghan in Chicago, Illinois

83 months ago

KMS in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hi - I can certainly offer some advice. I too am an event planner in Florida and my bofriend is ATC. Do you have a personal email address where we can correspond?

Hi! I am really interested in becoming an event planner. I am also considering going back to school for my masters. I would love to be able to pick your brain, if you wouldn't mind.

Me email is mgleeming@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jane in Altea, Spain

83 months ago

Z.C. in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am very interested in becoming a professional event planner. I currently work in Corporate America and hold a Degree in Business Management. To be honest, my job pays well but I hate it! My heart just isn't there. I've always had a passion though for planning things. Done a few private parties for friends, assisted with a few family reunions - small things like that. I realize that in order to be successful in this business, knowing people in high positions certainly helps. I unfortuantly don't know very many people like that. I'm looking for as much advice as possible on how to truly begin and build a fan base in this business...

Hi, Have you tried any courses to become qualified? The Institute of Event Planning offer a great course at www.inst.org/event. This should really help you get started. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tricia

83 months ago

Sam in Boston, Massachusetts said: Hi All,

I am a corporate event planner at a hospital in the Boston area. The best advice I can give people who want to be event planners but have no experience is: take on a basic, unpaid internship or consider volunteering in the events department of a local non-profit. An internship does not mean you have to commit 40 hours a week. It could be as easy as working 2 hours a month. Approch companies you are interested in working for and see what they offer. You may be surprised-- some companies will tailor their internships to suit the needs of a working professional.

Good luck!

Hi Sam,
I am an event planner in western mass and I am trying to start connecting with people to start planning events again. I have over 4 years experience in the event planning business and since my 2 bouys were born I had to put it on hold, but now I am back! Any ideas or contacts you would know of that I could use to start up again? Any advise or contacts would be great!

Tricia
uxbridgetrask@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Cambridge, Massachusetts

83 months ago

Hi,
I am interested in getting into the event planning business. I have read that the best way to get started is to throw parties/ fundraisers etc. But How do you make profit off of organizing an event? And how much profit do you make? Has any experianced event planner come out even or short? What are the best ways to spread the word or advertise...has anyone ever organized an event in the career and have it become a bust with barely anyone attending? Thank you if you have any answers to my ?s

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tricia, Uxbridge, MA

82 months ago

Hi Everyone!

I am just getting back to event planning in Massachusetts and need to market myself. Any ideas where to start? Should I just start sending out mailings to corporate offices, restaurants, reception sites? Do you think that is the way to go? I know there are people out there who need an event planner.... how do they find me?

Please someone....help??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bonita Judge in Columbia, South Carolina

82 months ago

Tricia, Uxbridge, MA said: Hi Everyone!

I am just getting back to event planning in Massachusetts and need to market myself. Any ideas where to start? Should I just start sending out mailings to corporate offices, restaurants, reception sites? Do you think that is the way to go? I know there are people out there who need an event planner.... how do they find me?

Please someone....help??

yes, I think thats a good idea; All these businesses need someone to help plan thier events. Why not you or me. It doesn't take as much experience as some might say. If you enjoy working with people and have a passion for planning, the sky is the limit. And don't go and spend a lot of money tring to get your business off the ground. All you need is pen, paper, phone, and a vision for your party planning business. Because if you can see it; you can achieve it through Jesus Christ who is your streath. You might want to advertise your event planning services free and have your client pay you for decorating, or you could get a sales tax number and have your clients order their invations from you and and make profit this way. Also you could talk to some of the best venders and tell and them that you will call them everytime you book an event; and each of them can pay you 50-150 dollars each time. This is a great way to get your name out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ginny in Arlington Heights, Illinois

82 months ago

Shannon in Palm Desert, California said: Okay, so I am surrently in the process of studying wedding consulting & event planning. I am very outgoing, friendly, organized and creative. I have always been interested in becoming an Event Planner and opening my own business. I currently live in Southern California and plan on moving to Central Florida next year....is this a smart field to get into? I am currently engaged, and my fiance is a pilot and air traffic controller so I don't need to make a bundle, but I would like to make at least 60-70k....is this possible? Also, are there certain areas of the US that anyone feels is a bad area to be an Event Planner? Any advice will help! Thanks!

What kind of a course or certification should I do to become an event planner?
Am looking courses in Chicago but don't see anything specific.
Please Advice.

Thanx in advance,
Ginny
genniethatsme@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen in San Diego, California

82 months ago

Hi, I'm a sophomore attending a university in san diego and I've always been passionate about being a wedding/event planner.

Any advice on getting started?
Where to look for jobs/internships?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johanna in Pottendorf, Austria

82 months ago

hello!

I am from Austria and I want to become a wedding/event planner in California. Is it possible to start work in that business without having studied it?

Thanks for your advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

gunther_arneson in San Francisco, California

82 months ago

I have had some bartending and catering experience and would like to further explore the world of event planning...does anyone know how one could get one's feet wet in San Francisco?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Denton, Texas

82 months ago

Sam in Boston, Massachusetts said: Hi All,

I am a corporate event planner at a hospital in the Boston area. The best advice I can give people who want to be event planners but have no experience is: take on a basic, unpaid internship or consider volunteering in the events department of a local non-profit. An internship does not mean you have to commit 40 hours a week. It could be as easy as working 2 hours a month. Approch companies you are interested in working for and see what they offer. You may be surprised-- some companies will tailor their internships to suit the needs of a working professional.

Good luck!

hey there.
my name's sara.
i'm only a junior in high school, but i know that i want to persue a carrer in event/ party planning.
what college did you go to?
what did you amjor in?
do you have any financial aid advice?
please email me @ saramarie_ub@yahoo.com.
thanks!

s.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Salt Lake City, Utah

82 months ago

In the research I've done so far for event planning, it seems that a premium is (justifiably) placed on organizational skills and sharp attention to detail. Event Planning, however, has always been attractive to me because of the creative and social aspect. I am a powerhouse creatively and socially in event planning. Unfortunately, my organizational skills and attention to house-keeping details are sorely lacking and I wonder what promise a career in event planning would have for some one without a highly detail-oriented personality. Could I just team up with someone whose skills balance my weaknesses here? Is that done often?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Danyell in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

82 months ago

Yana in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi,
I am right with you. I graduated with a BA in business/healthcare administration just to be safe and have stayed in that industry since 01.. It's such a bore.. I would love to deal with people and have lots of motivation to move on into this industry. I am thinking about doing certificate program to get myself familiarized with the people and it's industry.

Hello,
Seems that several of us have this story. I also work in the banking industry and it is totally not for me. I planned my wedding years go and I have been addicted to event planning ever since. My problem is that I am looking for like minded individual who are willing to take some small risk so that we can be successful. I have even thought about doing my 1st major gig for a low to no fee.....

If someone would be willing to meet, email or chat to have a serious discussion about bringing things to life.... please let me know...

I have a ton of ideas!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danyell in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

82 months ago

Carol in Willingboro, New Jersey said: Hi, I`m really interest in being a event planner also, I`ve been on my job for a long time and i hate it .I`m very much of a people person an love throwing affairs , am tired of working for other people ,iwanted to do something like this for a very long time the only thing that stoping me is that i don`nt know how to go about it ,to get myself started in this adventure,i have my B.A. in business also. I don`t want to do big corporateion i want to apply myself to smaller ventures. please!!!! guys give me some stong advise on how to go about this so i won`t fall on my face!!!!!!! p.s. I`m ready to quit my job.

Carol,

Let's chat, I have a ton of ideas...I am ready to quit too!!!! fairytale_events@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Katrina in Hollywood, Florida

82 months ago

KMS in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hi - I can certainly offer some advice. I too am an event planner in Florida and my bofriend is ATC. Do you have a personal email address where we can correspond?

Hi,
My Name is Katrina . I am thinking about starting my own biz in event planning and would prefer to do it with a partner.
And of course I welcome any advice I can get. .
I f you like to talk to me , please let me know.
Kind regrds. - Katrina-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cat

81 months ago

Hi Guys.. I have some ideas for those of you who are starting out and want to get your feet wet. Call your local homeless shelter, nursing home,childrens home, etc and offer (FREE) to throw monthly birthday parties, organize Christmas parties, or any holiday party for the residents. I have been doing this for two years now and it really gives you the creative outlet to "experiment" with new ideas in a relaxed atmosphere (meaning no paying customer with big expectations breathing down your neck) It has also allowed me to meet like minded individuals who have talents to offer ( face paiters, magicians, caterers, musicians, puppeteers) plus with all the exposure from volunteers I could easily slip into my own party planning business. I would be glad to discuss this with anyone interested. It has been a wonderful and meaningful experience for all involved. www.partypalskids.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danyell in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

81 months ago

Hello Katrina,

Thanks for sending the mail. I would love to speak with you. I think that would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Danyell in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

81 months ago

Yana in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi,
I am right with you. I graduated with a BA in business/healthcare administration just to be safe and have stayed in that industry since 01.. It's such a bore.. I would love to deal with people and have lots of motivation to move on into this industry. I am thinking about doing certificate program to get myself familiarized with the people and it's industry.

Hello Yana,

I do not see a response from you and I think that you responded. If you replied and you would like to chat, feel free to email me at fairytale_events@yahoo.com

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Danyell in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

81 months ago

Thanks, that was good advice. I was thinking about something similar myself. Maybe a discount on my 1st event or 2. What are your thoughts on that?

Danyell

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Weylin Reyes in Tallahassee, Florida

81 months ago

Iris in San Francisco De Macorís, Dominican Republic said: i live in Dominican Republic, can somebody tell me about event planner courses? Which institutes in Florida offer it?

Hi Yana,
I don't live in Dominican Republic but my parents are. I live in Tallahassee, Fla. I am a Banquet and Catering Manager at a Holiday Inn Hotel. Look up schools like Sheffield in New York (online courses ofcourse) I am searching my self to get my caertificate. And continue from there. Your welcome to email me at welin_reyes@yahoo.com. The best of luck Mama!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Giselle Chia in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

81 months ago

Hi, I found your e-mail in indeed.com and read you are an event planner in West Palm Beach, FL. I am really interested in learning more about this field and would greatly appreciate any advice or help you can give me, I really dont know where to start. Hopefully, I look forward to hearing from you soon. my e-mail address is gisellechia67@hotmail.com. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

regina in West Palm Beach, Florida

81 months ago

KMS in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hi - I can certainly offer some advice. I too am an event planner in Florida and my bofriend is ATC. Do you have a personal email address where we can correspond?

can you help me become an event coordinator. i live in west plam beach

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Giselle Chia in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

81 months ago

KMS in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Hi - I can certainly offer some advice. I too am an event planner in Florida and my bofriend is ATC. Do you have a personal email address where we can correspond?

Hi, I found your e-mail in indeed.com and read you are an event planner in West Palm Beach, FL. I am really interested in learning more about this field and would greatly appreciate any advice or help you can give me, I really dont know where to start. Hopefully, I look forward to hearing from you soon. my e-mail address is gisellechia67@hotmail.com. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CEP -Where did you go for certification in Frisco, Texas

81 months ago

Cindi in Midland, Texas said: I, too, am a new event planner that recently left a salaried job as a Marketing Director for a local non-profit. Always planning the events and parties for this group, taught me the skills I needed and associated me with the vendors that I would use. Now, I'm starting my own business, and have recently become a CEP (Certified Event Planner). You have to qualify by either having taken enough courses in event planning, or as I did, had 9 years in active service of Event Planning.
Good luck! I have had no problem getting 4 parties by word of mouth, as I get ready to "launch" the business this fall! Just get the word out!

Where did you go for certification? In person or online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cindi of Pink Mesquite Parties & Events in Midland, Texas

81 months ago

Certification was approved online, however, I didn't need to take the classes because of the 9 years of active experience. I will go on and become CSEP eventually, which will take some class time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.