Event Planning Career

Comments (3)

Cecily in Washington, District of Columbia

47 months ago

I have planned weddings and parties all my life and recently decided to make a career out of it. Because my experience is not professional but mostly for fun and having trouble finding employment in the field. I considered starting my own business but I don't even know what to charge for different service. I would love to find a job in the field of wedding and/or event planning. Does anyone have any suggestions or employment opportunities in the Maryland or Dc area.

Curtia Thurston in Alexandria, Virginia

45 months ago

Hello, I am looking to volunteer or be an intern with a wedding planner in MD/DC/VA on a part-time basis. I am new to the business and has always wanted to be a event planner, particularly wedding planning. I want to learn more and get hands on experience. Does anyone have any ideas?

Christine Johnson in Washington, District of Columbia

42 months ago

Cecily in Washington, District of Columbia said: I have planned weddings and parties all my life and recently decided to make a career out of it. Because my experience is not professional but mostly for fun and having trouble finding employment in the field. I considered starting my own business but I don't even know what to charge for different service. I would love to find a job in the field of wedding and/or event planning. Does anyone have any suggestions or employment opportunities in the Maryland or Dc area.

I am hosting a 3-4 day conference in September/October 2012 in the the Baltimore/Washington Metropolitan area and I am looking for a volunteer assistant. Interested or know someone who is - email me at christinejohnson@automatedtestinginstitute.com. THANKS!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.