Event Planning

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Justine in Toms River, New Jersey

71 months ago

I am always trying to look for a job in event planning or looking for any kind of information to help me out...I didn't realize how many of us are out there looking to do planning as a career. It's so much fun. I went to college for Administrative Office Management and I have the hardest time looking for a job because most places want experience which I don't have. As time went on I was planning birthday parties and anniversary parties and said to myself wow this is fun. Right now I am actually planning a 30th birthday party for my sister. It isn't until September, but I can't help but search for stuff now. My younger sisters good friend and myself wanted to start our own business in Event/Wedding Planning, but her husband wasn't too thrilled about the whole idea. We both kinda of drifted off of the idea, but there are times if we see each other we'll start talking about it a little. I am from Ocean County and only know of a few planners around here. Most sites I search in seem to show me planners more so in northern NJ. I say all of us planners should meet up and start our own company in Ocean County and let people/clients know that even though the world is going through tough times, we need some fun to help us remember we're still human and having a good time is sometimes the boost we need to make us happy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Success Event & Wedding Planers in Washington, District of Columbia

71 months ago

I will be giving a workshop on "How to become a Wedding & or Event Planner with little or no money. Please forward me your email address and I will provide you with the date, place and time of the workshop.... The workshop will be in Silver Spring Maryland...

You will receive more information they you may can take in....

Owner@success-event-planners.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Damaris

71 months ago

Success Event & Wedding Planers in Washington, District of Columbia said: I will be giving a workshop on "How to become a Wedding & or Event Planner with little or no money. Please forward me your email address and I will provide you with the date, place and time of the workshop.... The workshop will be in Silver Spring Maryland...

WOW! That is exactly the kind of workshop I am looking for! Do you think you can come down to South Florida and give a workshop like that here? :) If you don't mind, please email me your notes! I am looking to start my own business. Currently, I am planning two engagement parties (one of which is in two days!), four weddings,a bridal shower and baby shower all within the next six months!! As for as pricing goes, I don't really know how to charge. I've read that some planners charge a percentage of the event total, but I'm not too sure about that. Anyway, I would really appreciate your help. If distance wasn't the issue, I would be first in your class!
Have a wonderful day.

Tai Tai in newark, New Jersey

68 months ago

Success Event & Wedding Planers in Washington, District of Columbia said: I will be giving a workshop on "How to become a Wedding & or Event Planner with little or no money. Please forward me your email address and I will provide you with the date, place and time of the workshop.... The workshop will be in Silver Spring Maryland...

Hi,moving from New Jersey to Las Vegas to become an event planner. Could you email some information about your workshop. Clark41186@yahoo.com

Chandra in Detroit, Michigan

66 months ago

You are on the right path. Most planners start off doing things on the side; they don't open companies out of the blue.

Most event planners get business primarily by word of mouth. You also need established vendor relationships, and that happens over time.

Take lots of photos, document your ideas and event details, keep track of how much time you spend on things like planning, research, phone calls, etc. Keep track of your reciepts. If you track your receipts and your time, that will eventually help you decide what to charge for your services.

Ask for written testimonials after the event, and build your portfolio.

If you start of small, 1) your husband cant really complain, and 2) it is not a huge financial investment. Hope this helps...

juliekali in chicago, Illinois

66 months ago

Hello Sirena,
I wrote you and email with some questions, regardin a new event idea, but you didn't answer yet, because I am going to buy the book, I would like to know if in your book I can find that questions.
If you haven't receive the email yet, could you tell me what email is available for you? so I can resend it?
Just fyi I sent it on July 8th, at 8:48pm.

I appologize if tha email was too long and I scared you lol, (just kidding)
By the way I love your website.

lori.simonson@muckleshoot.nsn.us in Auburn, Washington

63 months ago

I am interested in your training workshop please let me know when you will be having another one. Thanks

Dawn Brewer in Japan

63 months ago

Hi, My name is Dawn Brewer and I live in Okinawa, Japan. My husband is in the USAF and I have a 3 month old who wont let me get a job lol... I was wanting to get into the whole "planning baby shower and birthday thing" there are alot of pregnant women here along with many children so I figured it would be pretty cool the start a business planning events. I'm having trouble with as to how much I should charge. I have a lady who will make cakes for me and also a photographer but I just dont know what to charge. can you help me?
my email is Geminiz_grl@yahoo.com

Thank you,
Dawn

david hersh in st.petersburg, Florida

31 months ago

Hi im planning to get in the event party business
i know some ladys who want to have
a baby shower what im trying to find out
is what should i charge them for doing the baby shower,? plus the cost of the food and how long
should the baby shower be?
there will be a deli platter
a veggie platter,decoration from a party store
latter on i look for a soruce to ger baby gift
whole sale to resell,the ladys and her friends
are to busy to do the shower them self becasue of there job thank for any info david

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.