Has anyone been certified by QC Event and Wedding Planning?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 116)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Ashley in Red Deer, Alberta

64 months ago

Hi there, I am currently taking the courses and know of a lady who has taken it as well and she will be planning the Juno awards this year. She owns Fire fly Occasion's in Calgary Alberta. The course is legit and is FULL of awesome information. I have taken planning courses from Universal class inc. And it was ok but let's just say you get what you pay for.
The decision is your but I would recommend it.. oh also it qualifies you to become a member of the ABC ( Association of Bridal Consultants) which looks really good if you want to become a professional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Dawn Lutz in Calgary, Alberta

64 months ago

Diana in Cambridge, United Kingdom said: I'm about to enroll in QC Event and Wedding Planning and was wondering if anyone has done this? If so, do you recommend it or not? I don't want to waste my money.

Hi Diana,
Just wondering if you've made any decisions on QC Event and Wedding Planning? I'm also researching Event and Wedding Planning educators and was wondering about this specific program. The price is comparable to other programs I've found but I want to be sure they are reputable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Angela in Norwich UK in Brandon, United Kingdom

61 months ago

Hi there - I am wondering the same thing - have you joined it yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nina in Palo Alto, California

61 months ago

I purchased the training material and so far it's really good. I've been planning events some time now but just started looking into doing it professionally. I'm still on the first group of info. but it makes you think about a lot of details that a professional would know. The videos I've watched so far are VERY boring but there's good information in there.

www.ciaobellaevents.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

khoko in Woodhaven, New York

61 months ago

I just completed the course and it was great. The intructors are very helpful and accessible, the course is clearly outlined and the assignments which are very detailed are graded and returned in a timely manner with comments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Amy Silber in Bronx, New York

60 months ago

I am using US Event Guide and they are awesome!!! I really like their program!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Jess in Burbank, California

60 months ago

how much does the QC event/wedding planner program generally cost?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

vintage_lover in Boca Raton, Florida

58 months ago

Amy Silber in Bronx, New York said: I am using US Event Guide and they are awesome!!! I really like their program!!!!!

Hi Amy,
I am thinking of registering with US Event guide. How are you liking it? I am just concerned about getting work when I am done with their certification. I know they say that they will provide us with clients but, I have no proof.

I love the website, and all looks great with me, I am just worried about seeking employment when I am done. Can you tell me anything about them? Also have you been in touch with anyone whom has already recived their certificate from them?

Thanks, so much, my email is jaimestepp@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Farah in Milton, Ontario

58 months ago

I'm looking for online event planning course really not sure weather QC is rigt for me or not? and was wondering if anyone has done this? If so, do you recommend it or not? Is it too boring? What are the job prospects later? Approx. How long does it take to get certified Event Planner by QC?
If anyone that is enrolled or have completed QC Event management course can answer my qs. I'll be so thankful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Krystal in Mabelvale, Arkansas

57 months ago

Amy Silber in Bronx, New York said: I am using US Event Guide and they are awesome!!! I really like their program!!!!!

Hey Amy, I'm considering US Event Guides dual certificate program. I like that you can get the real world experience, which is why I'm considering it over QC's program. Can you provide more details?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Victoria 75 in Bakersfield, California

56 months ago

Hello, I am also looking at taking the QC Event Planner course or the US Event guides. What are there contact emails directly. Worried of false sites!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BCut in Miami, Florida

56 months ago

khoko in Woodhaven, New York said: I just completed the course and it was great. The intructors are very helpful and accessible, the course is clearly outlined and the assignments which are very detailed are graded and returned in a timely manner with comments.

How long it took you to complete the course work? Could you please let me know. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jozette in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

56 months ago

I have been reviewing several of the sites listed above in addition to TISOH www.tisoh.com and am stuck in between either QC Event Planning & TISOH....both programs are affiliated with recognized Wedding & Event Planning Professional societies. I have personally spoken to an exec at Marriott who is aware of the two programs and graduates of the same. Both programs come highly recommended...TISOH is higher priced, but I think well worth it. I would like to hear from an actual graduate of any of the above mentioned schools as to what they would recommend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Noell Marie in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

55 months ago

Hi, Amy.

I am considering taking the Event & Wedding Combined program @ U.S. Event Guide. Which program are you taking, and far along are you? Are you taking the e-study format, or did you opt for the real-world training as well? What exactly do you like about it? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jozette in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

55 months ago

I am taking QC Event Planning and the program is easy direct and thorough. You are given a series of lessons to show comprehension on the material provided booklets and DVDs. I am almost complete with my 1st unit with 5 more to go. The course is not provided completely online although there are online materials. You have the option of returning work via email or regular mail when you have completed all the sections for each study unit. I like it so far and it's really hands on for me since I'm planning my wedding in August as well. I too thought about taking U.S. Event Guide but I was bit indecisive because I had never heard of them but I might take their course in Event Decor & Floral Design program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Eboni in Fort George G Meade, Maryland

54 months ago

I started out with US Event Guide. Their website is awesome and grabs you like any advertisement wanting you buisness should. I did not like that the entire course was given to you at once with a written exam at the end. I'm currently taking a course through Weddings Beautiful and LOVE IT! There is a quiz at the end of every chapter and you pay for your courses as you go along. I interned and now with a planner who has appeared on "Whose Wedding Anyway" and have taken several event planning classes at the local colleges and no one has every heard of US Event Guide. I'm surely not saying that they are not legit but you would think out of all these planners that have been in the business for 10+ yrs someone would have recognized them. So sereach around before you take that step. I have made some costly mistake jumping at the first thing that sound or looked good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Eboni in Fort George G Meade, Maryland

54 months ago

Krystal in Mabelvale, Arkansas said: Hey Amy, I'm considering US Event Guides dual certificate program. I like that you can get the real world experience, which is why I'm considering it over QC's program. Can you provide more details?

I started out with US Event Guide. Their website is awesome and grabs you like any advertisement wanting you buisness should. I did not like that the entire course was given to you at once with a written exam at the end. I'm currently taking a course through Weddings Beautiful and LOVE IT! There is a quiz at the end of every chapter and you pay for your courses as you go along. I interned and now with a planner who has appeared on "Whose Wedding Anyway" and have taken several event planning classes at the local colleges and no one has every heard of US Event Guide. I'm surely not saying that they are not legit but you would think out of all these planners that have been in the business for 10+ yrs someone would have recognized them. So sereach around before you take that step. I have made some costly mistake jumping at the first thing that sound or looked good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Quality of Course in Ottawa, Ontario

51 months ago

QC School of Event Planning offers a full professional certification in Event and Wedding Planning. It gives you an excellent training in all the practical elements you need, as well as excellent business training in how to set up in business.

When you enrol you receive a website to customize for your business at no extra cost. Including the help of our professioanl tutors who are working in the business. As soon as you graduate from the course, you are certified IEWP - International Event and Wedding Planning Professional - and you are entitled to use those initials after your name for life.

We'd like to hear from you if your considering event planning as a possible career! Visit our website for our contact information, our student service reps are waiting to speak to you! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aFlutterbyEvent.com in Jacksonville, Florida

51 months ago

Yes, I just completed the last portion of the Wedding and Event Planning course and am awaiting my IEWP Certification from QC School of Event and Wedding Planning. This is a challenging course and at times, involves hard work to complete an assignment. I recommend it for those who want to establish credibility through difficult tasks resulting in benefits of advanced knowledge and the reward of International Event and Wedding Planning Certification. Marcia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

amanda in San Diego, California

51 months ago

What I am trying to figure out though is if you really need the certification to get a job as a wedding planner assistant? How difficult is it to get a job with local wedding planners without this course? I am wondering if this course is really more for people looking to start there own business?

Thanks
Amanda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aFlutterbyEvent in Jacksonville, Florida

51 months ago

How much experience do you have? If you have none, the course will give you an excellent background in Event and Wedding planning and will be very impressive for an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Chicago, Illinois

49 months ago

I finished the first unit and I am on the second. The courses are full of information. I am sorry to say that the videos are VERY boring in my opinion also but I learn from them like I would any school class that I may find boring but will help me in the long run.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aFlutterbyEvent in Jacksonville, Florida

49 months ago

Yes, I am a graduate of QC. You are right the videos are hopelessly boring. There is good information in them. They are just not up to current videography.

The course at times was extremely thought provoking. The deeper you reach out to your creativity the more you will get out of the course. "Wow factor" from the feedback rewarded me for my hard work. Please join my Facebook Fanpage www.facebook.com/aFlutterbyEvent Keep in touch. Marcia Kurtze aFlutterbyEvent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

I think these courses are for people who want to start their own business. I have been looking at a few classifieds for Event Planners and they all want a BA or a BA with experience. That is here in NY not sure about other states. I was going to go that route but now that I have finished my first assignment (a different online school) I am much more confident in starting my own business. I don't need to work for anyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jacquelyn in Richmond, Virginia

47 months ago

I got my certification through US Event Guide and I am 100% happy that I chose their program. I had a great experience and would highly recommend them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

nmbelton in Washington, District of Columbia

47 months ago

what did you like about the course? I'm considering taking the same one, but not sure yet. did you take event & wedding combined program or just wedding?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

Yes I took both the wedding and event course. I love the support and relationship that I'd developed with my assigned mentor. As a student I had the opportunity to work with four clients that gave me the experience that I needed to start my business. Although I have my own company, I'm also a consultant of US Event Guide and I still receive the support that I need when I have questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

I've been trying to decide between U.S. Event Guide & Sheffield School & George Washington University. How long have you had you own company? How long have you been a consultant for US Event Guide? How much business have you gotten from being a consultant?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Clarksburg, Maryland

47 months ago

Eboni in Fort George G Meade, Maryland said: I started out with US Event Guide. Their website is awesome and grabs you like any advertisement wanting you buisness should. I did not like that the entire course was given to you at once with a written exam at the end. I'm currently taking a course through Weddings Beautiful and LOVE IT! There is a quiz at the end of every chapter and you pay for your courses as you go along. I interned and now with a planner who has appeared on "Whose Wedding Anyway" and have taken several event planning classes at the local colleges and no one has every heard of US Event Guide. I'm surely not saying that they are not legit but you would think out of all these planners that have been in the business for 10+ yrs someone would have recognized them. So sereach around before you take that step. I have made some costly mistake jumping at the first thing that sound or looked good.

I went through US Event Guide and am so glad that I did! The program was thorough and covered everything that they said they did and more. They have this section where they would add on new information about the industry to keep you posted. The best part was my relationship with my mentor. She responded to all of my questions with much enthusiasm which helps to encouraged me ask more questions. They have a student area where it list other students who are doing the course with you. There were 300 other students just during the time that I took the course. My mentor told me that on average the company service 700 students a year. I did the math and figured that they have graduated over 8,000 students since they open in 1999. So I find it hard to believe that no one has ever heard of them. Regardless, I'm so glad that I went with them because right after I graduated, they took me on as a consultant right away.

47 months ago

nmbelton in Washington, District of Columbia said: I've been trying to decide between U.S. Event Guide & Sheffield School & George Washington University. How long have you had you own company? How long have you been a consultant for US Event Guide? How much business have you gotten from being a consultant?

I started my wedding company back in 2004 but I just added my event services after completing the US Event Guide certification program in 2008. I'm going on my second year with them. I get a lot of clients from them and that's why I'm still with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Noelle in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

I just wanted to thank everybody who's posted, this has been very helpful and informative. I have also been looking into Event and Wedding Planning programs and was hesitant to start any (fearing it would be a waste of money or a scam). Though now I feel more confident about the QC Event Planning program. :)

pcd in Friday Harbor, Washington

45 months ago

Noelle in Los Angeles, California said: I just wanted to thank everybody who's posted, this has been very helpful and informative. I have also been looking into Event and Wedding Planning programs and was hesitant to start any (fearing it would be a waste of money or a scam). Though now I feel more confident about the QC Event Planning program. :)

I also did a LOT of research and ended up going with QC Wedding Planning Program. It was just delivered yesterday and I already did the first 2 assignments. I am dislexic so the fact that it is easily understood by me means pretty much anyone would understand it and be able to complete it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Hi PCD

Two assignments in one day to me says they aren't providing enough information. It should take you at least two or more days to read through a chapter and then at least another day or two to complete the assignments if not more depending on what they are asking. I ordered the QC course and sent it back. It just didn't offer enough information for me and it was basically stuff you find online. It is very simplistic. The course really should challenge you more and it shouldn't be that easy to finish. This is going to be your career and you really need to know your stuff if you want people to pay you for your help.

I just finished a course with another school and it took me a lot longer than I thought it would. I'm currently taking another course and it too is challenging me. This course is over 650 pages worth of info and worksheets to use in your business. There is just a ton of information.

The benefits these schools offer to help you with your business is also fabulous they both really do train you for not just learning the business but having one that succeeds and grows.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

What school are u attending now that you like so much?

45 months ago

nmbelton in Washington, District of Columbia said: What school are u attending now that you like so much?

I finished The International Institute (great business course with some planning)
Now I'm taking Weddings Beautiful Worldwide (great actual planning course with some good run your business tips)

I haven't come across a school that completely covers both planning and business thoroughly at a great price. These two are a great inexpensive combo.

Good luck with finding a school that will suit your needs. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

I forgot each schools course is $495.00.

Angie in Arlington, Virginia

44 months ago

Does Int'l Institute have a payment plan?

Lane in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia

44 months ago

Just reviewing event planning courses now, have received information on QC, however I am concerned with the comment about finishing two assignments in two days also them saying 3 hours a week to finish in 6-8 months indicates to me that the course isnt detailed enough. Can anyone comment on how recognized this program is to future employers. For example would a hotel consider it training enough to plan conferences etc for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pcd in Gig Harbor, Washington

44 months ago

I am currently enrolled in the QC Wedding Planning Course. The first couple assignments are based more on you and your personality, to see if this business is right for you and you are right for it. I liked that, because if while doing the assignments you discover it is not for you, time is still early enough for a refund. I started in Nov 2010 and have completed Unit A, which was broken into 9 parts/assignments. It was easier for me to get through since I have been coordinating weddings 'unofficial' for over 20 yrs so I do have experience. I am now in Unit B, broken into 6 parts/assignments and it is definitely taking more time and research to finish an assignment. Even though I am not complete with the course I will be at a Wedding Expo coming up in a couple weeks. I explained to the organizers of this event my circumstances and they had knowledge of QC and were comfortable with giving me a spot.

Hope this helps you somewhat. Everyone learns in a unique way and their program fit my personality and life style well. You can always purchase the course and do the first couple assignments right away and get a feel for if this business and that course are the right match for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lane in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia

44 months ago

PCD Gig harbour, Washington
Hi, Thank you for your comments, you said you have completed unit A, how many hours would you say that required. How many units are there? Do you have an anticipated completion date? My interest in this course is not really wedding planning but more event planning ie festivals, conferences etc. I recognize the two overlap with respect to organizational abilities though. Regards Lane

smb in Algonquin, Illinois

44 months ago

khoko in Woodhaven, New York said: I just completed the course and it was great. The intructors are very helpful and accessible, the course is clearly outlined and the assignments which are very detailed are graded and returned in a timely manner with comments.

Hello! I am wondering if you get any type of actual certificate after completing the course at QC?!
I know at Sheffield School you get a certificate that looks like a diploma that you can frame and hang in an office.
That is what I am looking for and I want to make sure QC gives you one when you are done as well.
Can you please respond asap or anyone who sees this and knows the answer!

Thanks so much in advance (:

pcd in Vashon, Washington

44 months ago

Lane in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia said: PCD Gig harbour, Washington
Hi, Thank you for your comments, you said you have completed unit A, how many hours would you say that required. How many units are there? Do you have an anticipated completion date? My interest in this course is not really wedding planning but more event planning ie festivals, conferences etc. I recognize the two overlap with respect to organizational abilities though. Regards Lane

Hi Lane,
For the Wedding Planning there are only 4 Units. There are more for the Event Planning, but I am not sure how many. It's hard for me to know exactly how much time I put into it since I do not have a regular study schedule. At times I went days with no studying and some days it may be only an hour and others I let myself get lost in the study for 6+ hours. It took me 1 1/2 months to finish the first Unit, but that was with an irregular schedule. I only have 2 more assignments with unit b and I hope to finish those by the end of next week. I would like to be complete by Spring and if I work at it regularly I can. My tutor from QC gave me great feedback on my first unit which was helpful.

Julie Saunders in Ottawa, Ontario

44 months ago

Lane in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia said: Just reviewing event planning courses now, have received information on QC, however I am concerned with the comment about finishing two assignments in two days also them saying 3 hours a week to finish in 6-8 months indicates to me that the course isnt detailed enough. Can anyone comment on how recognized this program is to future employers. For example would a hotel consider it training enough to plan conferences etc for them.

Hi Lane,

Our course provides you with comprehensive event and wedding planning training that covers topics from planning your own budget to planning industry and special events, and even to planning for vow renewals. This course also includes free business training which will prepare you to launch your own event and wedding planning business and begin doing what you love.

Please feel free to give us a call at the school and we will be able to provide you with more information on our course and our guarantee. :) You can also visit our web page on Facebook which features some of our successful students who have completed our course and launched their own business.

Best,
Julie

Jessie in New York, New York

43 months ago

Angie in Brooklyn, New York said: I finished The International Institute (great business course with some planning)
Now I'm taking Weddings Beautiful Worldwide (great actual planning course with some good run your business tips)

I haven't come across a school that completely covers both planning and business thoroughly at a great price. These two are a great inexpensive combo.

Good luck with finding a school that will suit your needs. :)

Hi Angie,

I've been reading discussions related to event planning courses and have noticed that you have taken quite a few of them. I'm interning for a renowned expert in the event planning industry right now. In view of the lack of a standardized system to train professionals in the field, my current project is to look into the possibility in launching an online course. As an aspired Wedding & Event Planner myself, I really hope to make use of this opportunity to take an experts knowledge to create a resourceful, recognizable, yet reasonably-priced course available for all of us alike. I do NOT want to launch another course that just make money off us and doesn't provide its students with the knowledge and information they need to make their dreams come true!

I would love to hear your feedbacks on what worked/didn't work for you, if you could email me at jessieho926@gmail.com – comments/suggestions are welcome from anyone else!

Khaluah in Shreveport, Louisiana

43 months ago

Hi I was wondering about US event guide. I thought about taking an online course but not I'm not so sure because of the comment about the written exams. Also QC was on my list first,but still not sure about them because they don't offer clients upon completion as US events does. Any one have more info on US events?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Katy, Texas

43 months ago

Any way I can find more reviews on this program, so far I;m halfway convinced it's legit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lydia in Joliet, Illinois

43 months ago

I am also torn between US Event Guide and QC!! I'm leaning more towards US Event Guide but I would like advice from working professionals that have completed their course.

veda23 in Shreveport, Louisiana

43 months ago

nmbelton in Washington, District of Columbia said: I've been trying to decide between U.S. Event Guide & Sheffield School & George Washington University. How long have you had you own company? How long have you been a consultant for US Event Guide? How much business have you gotten from being a consultant?

Hi Nmbelton, I was wondering did you decide which school you were going with?I'm also considering US Event Guide.

Doodlebabe in Albany, Oregon

43 months ago

So far I've been debating between QC and Sheffield, with Sheffield taking precedence. The fact that QC says on their brochure that their course work is easy was a red flag for me because I NEED a challenge. Plus Sheffield has a virtual internship and I like the idea of being given situations and having to work them through before I go out into the field. Has anyone taken their course and can tell me how you felt about it? What do you feel you took the most out of the course?

I'd love to hear more about US Event Guide and Weddings Beautiful.

monicab28 in Brooklyn, New York

43 months ago

Really, Jacquelin???
How did you do that??I am trying to contact them ,for about two weeks.I spoke with a representative,who made it sound like the best opportunity in my life ever,and i wanted to go ahead and pay for the course.I had few more questions,and they never picked up the phone or answer to the emails,that i've sent.Do you name this school ,the best ? I believe is a scam ,and whoever posted something good about them ,is part of the team.A firm ,school,with a strong reputation ,at least ,gives you a call back,after 10 voice mails ,that i left .For all of you ,that would like to go with U.S. Event Guide,i strongly recommend ,don't throw your money out the window.Assistance ,doesn't exist,they only have one phone number ,considering that every student, pays about 1500$.I am glad ,i made it to the bank too late.And by the way,they are not listed or their name doesn't comes up,if you do a research ,about wedding&event planner schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.