Looking to gain experience in wedding planning/volunteer opportunities

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

jackieberry in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

43 months ago

I am currently enrolled in an event planning course through Temple University's STHM; the Event Leadership Certificate Program. I just started and have 2 years to finish it. I would love to do wedding planning but I have no idea how to get my foot in the door. Are there any websites that lists jobs or volunteer opportunities? Or should I email all the wedding planners in the city? I've looked on a couple of forums like this and it doesn't seem like people have much luck just emailing planners. I have a couple of random volunteer opportunites for events around here but they are pretty spaced out and only for a couple hours per event. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Jackie Berry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Morenavella in Atlanta, Georgia

43 months ago

Hey Jackie, i feel as if we are kind of in the same boat. I have not studied to be a wedding planner (even though I know I should, but I will definately check out temple too since you had mentioned it) but I do have experience being that I was apart of many events be it church weddings or family weddings w/ my sister inlaw. Eventually we will all get our chance. I cant help but have faith that someone would take a chace w/ me and give me a break in teaching me more until I get the paper situated (school/certificate) Shoot I would even take the opportunity being taught more hands on and not get paid for it until I get better. Im here for you. If I hear anything:
lapiz85_moi@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jackieberry in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

42 months ago

Morenavella in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey Jackie, i feel as if we are kind of in the same boat. I have not studied to be a wedding planner (even though I know I should, but I will definately check out temple too since you had mentioned it) but I do have experience being that I was apart of many events be it church weddings or family weddings w/ my sister inlaw. Eventually we will all get our chance. I cant help but have faith that someone would take a chace w/ me and give me a break in teaching me more until I get the paper situated (school/certificate) Shoot I would even take the opportunity being taught more hands on and not get paid for it until I get better. Im here for you. If I hear anything:
lapiz85_moi@yahoo.com

Hey, thanks a lot for the support. It's nice to hear that others are in a similar situation. You should check out the program I'm in. I've only taken one class so far but it was very informative. I agree, I would definitely volunteer my time to get a more hands on experience. Well, good luck to you and hopefully we'll each get our chance soon. Take care.
Jackie
jackie.berry49@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Courtney in New York, New York

10 months ago

Hi,

I was wondering if you would be interested in coordinating my wedding. I live in NYC, but I am getting married September 6th in Northeast Pennsylvania. The wedding activities will take place over the entire weekend at a summer camp. While I have already planned everything, I am interested in a day of coordinator or even a coordinator for the entire weekend (I would pay for the accommodations) to manage all activities and help set up. To get a better idea of what is involved, let me know if you are interested and then I can email you the wedding website.

Thank you,

Courtney

Mary Stratton in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

5 months ago

I think you should assist any certified wedding planner. A professional will teach you better I think. He/she would teach you the pinpoints of the job. So I think you should choose a professional wedding planner.

Event agency Dubai- www.montagepromo.com/

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.