Recent Graduate

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Christine in Tallahassee, Florida

82 months ago

Hello All,

I recently graduated last spring with my BS in Psychology and am residing in Tallahassee, FL. After working in the field for several months on my school hiatus before graduate school begins this summer, I have decided that it is simply not for me; I had the impression that I had to stay within my degree field for my chosen career. Once I finally realized that I had options, I began researching the event planning field. I have been serving at a restaurant as well for almost 2 years, as well as doing several catering events on weekends. So, I have some VERY minor experience in the hospitality field. I am extremely organized and detail oriented, as well as creative-minded and outgoing. I have noticed that many on this forum discuss online schools in event management. I am completely open to taking courses towards a degree or certificate, but some people I have spoken to have suggested to try to gain more experience and get into the field that way, before jumping into school. If anyone knows about any opportunities in the Tallahassee area that I may gain this experience from, I would greatly appreciate it! I am willing to work as an assistant or intern at an event management/planning company. If you have any advice for me, I would also love some feedback. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.